PDA

View Full Version : Thanos with the Heart of the Universe vs The Beyonder

Ite
05-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Thanos with The Heart
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101223183942/marveldatabase/images/a/a2/Thanos_vs_Marvel_.jpg

VS

The Beyonder
http://twoheadednerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/The-Beyonder.jpg

Matt the Manly
05-03-2014, 01:03 AM
The Beyonder wins

Ite
05-03-2014, 01:04 AM
The Beyonder wins

I agree haha.

Guy Smiley
05-03-2014, 01:48 AM
That picture! Ignoring the general weirdness of Ultron, M.O.D.O.K., The Warriors Three, Darkhawk, Her, Black Knight, Man-Thing, Valkyrie, Jack of Hearts, Firestar, Starfox, Super Skrull, and the Super-Adaptoid all charging into battle together, we have dudes like Stingray, Falcon, Daredevil, Tigra, Black Cat, Black Widow, and Black Panther being thrown at Thanos.

I mean, it's not like Spidey's got a chance here either, but he's at least got the excuse of being a marquee character for Marvel. Falcon's only possible purpose here is to obstruct Thanos' vision while one of the cosmics behind him charges up a blast where Thanos can't see.

Also, they were able to get Kang, Namor, Ronan the Accuser, and Abomination to join their anti-Thanos legion, but apparently the X-Men couldn't be bothered. (Firestar doesn't count. She's totally a Spidey character at heart. And if that dude way in the back is Longshot, I guess that's something, but really? That's the best X-presence they could get for a universe-threatening demigod? I can see it now: )

"Professor Xavier, this is Tony Stark. We're gathering pretty much every person with super powers or even fighting experience we can find to fight Thanos before he extinguishes all life in the universe. Can we count on the X-Men's help?"

"This Thanos... Is he a mutant?"

"Uh, well, he's technically a Deviant Eternal, which isn't quite the same thing, but I don't think it really mat-"

"Well, then, is he some sort of giant, anti-mutant robot?"

"No, professor, he's not a Sentinel. Y'know, those guys asked me to contribute tech to them last week, and I refused. Maybe you could return the fa-"

"Is he going to possess Jean Grey and make her all-powerful?"

"What? Professor, seriously. I think-"

"I'm afraid this doesn't qualify as a plotline for an X-title then. Unless this has something to do with Logan's secret past...?"

"No, professor."

"Well then, I'm afraid we can't help you Tony. Goodbye!" *click*

"... Rassin' frassin...! Pepper! Call that senator back and tell him we'll be glad to support the Sentinel program. Yeah, tell him I said I'd match the project funding dollar-for-dollar."

Uh, anyways, as for the match, yeah. Assuming the OP intended to specify Pre-Retcon, Beyonder's my pick here. It can and has been argued that PR Beyonder exceeds TOAA in power, whereas the HotU apparently... is TOAA, or at least part of him. Otherwise we're looking at LT-beating omnipotent vs. LT-beating omnipotent.

Without the Pre-Retcon clause, Beyonder is ridiculously hosed, being outclassed by a Cosmic Cube.

Ite
05-03-2014, 01:51 AM
That picture! Ignoring the general weirdness of Ultron, M.O.D.O.K., The Warriors Three, Darkhawk, Her, Black Knight, Man-Thing, Valkyrie, Jack of Hearts, Firestar, Starfox, Super Skrull, and the Super-Adaptoid all charging into battle together, we have dudes like Stingray, Falcon, Daredevil, Tigra, Black Cat, Black Widow, and Black Panther being thrown at Thanos.

I mean, it's not like Spidey's got a chance here either, but he's at least got the excuse of being a marquee character for Marvel. Falcon's only possible purpose here is to obstruct Thanos' vision while one of the cosmics behind him charges up a blast where Thanos can't see.

Also, they were able to get Kang, Namor, Ronan the Accuser, and Abomination to join their anti-Thanos legion, but apparently the X-Men couldn't be bothered. (Firestar doesn't count. She's totally a Spidey character at heart. And if that dude way in the back is Longshot, I guess that's something, but really? That's the best X-presence they could get for a universe-threatening demigod? I can see it now: )

"Professor Xavier, this is Tony Stark. We're gathering pretty much every person with super powers or even fighting experience we can find to fight Thanos before he extinguishes all life in the universe. Can we count on the X-Men's help?"

"Uh, well, he's technically a Deviant Eternal, which isn't quite the same thing, but I don't think it really mat-"

"No, professor, he's not a Sentinel. Y'know, those guys asked me to contribute tech to them last week, and I refused. Maybe you could return the fa-"

"I'm afraid this doesn't qualify as a plotline for an X-title then. Unless this has something to do with Logan's secret past...?"

"No, professor."

"... Rassin' frassin...! Pepper! Call that senator back and tell him we'll be glad to support the Sentinel program. Yeah, tell him I said I'd match the project funding dollar-for-dollar."

Uh, anyways, as for the match, yeah. Assuming the OP intended to specify Pre-Retcon, Beyonder's my pick here. It can and has been argued that PR Beyonder exceeds TOAA in power, whereas the HotU apparently... is TOAA, or at least part of him. Otherwise we're looking at LT-beating omnipotent vs. LT-beating omnipotent.

Without the Pre-Retcon clause, Beyonder is ridiculously hosed, being outclassed by a Cosmic Cube.

Pre-Retcon Guy Smiley and a hilariously great post too I have to add lol.

Primetime Harder
05-03-2014, 02:33 AM

"No, professor."

That, right there...that was so good, it made me start a document file called "Best Post-Crisis CBR Quotes."

Also, I concur on the fight. Pre-Retcon Beyonder takes the Heart, switches Thanos' powers with Starfox's, and ports him to the Planet of the Tentacle Monsters.