PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful females in fantasy fiction

seridrl
05-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Who are the most powerful females in fiction? By powerful I mean things you personally possess the ability to do and would use in a fight. Whether that be physical power, or magical power, elemental manipulation etc, but not political power or tech that you have at your disposal.

I know there are quite a lot of powerful females in Discworld, but beyond that I have little knowledge beyond the usual Tolkien and Harry Potter ladies.

Primetime Harder
05-03-2014, 04:31 PM
The first two that come to mind are Mab and Titania, the faerie queens from the Dresden Files. Mondo mama magic.

zhris
05-03-2014, 04:33 PM
I'd say Gaiman's Death. She's stopped squabbles between hi-level cosmic entities just by showing up.

Hazard
05-03-2014, 06:32 PM
I guess you have all the DC super fast bricks like Power Girl or Wonder Woman.

On the less well known side you have, Athena from Saint Seiya, who is a goddess in a universe where gods cause worldwide floods while not a full power, move planets with their minds, and create entire universes filled with galaxies. While Athena is not big on combat, she is usually the one who ends up sealing or kill the gods who do the mentioned things.

You also have L-sama from Slayers, the omnipotent creator of said multiverse.

Primetime Harder
05-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Speaking of goddesses, there's also Lolth and Mystra from Forgotten Realms (and all the other goddesses too, but they get the most 'screen' time by far). Oh, and Takhisis from Dragonlance.

And if you want to dip below the realm of godhood, there's also Polgara the Sorceress. You do NOT want to piss her off.

Awesome-X
05-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Well, in my opinion, Nemesis (Infinity Being/Marvel) should be near the top, as she has the full power of the Infinity Gauntlet.

http://www.comicvine.com/nemesis/4005-68699/

Yeoman
05-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Let's not forget Buster Machine Number Severn. Took a friggin' bag bang to the face to maybe kill her.

Also Haruhi Suzumiya and Yuki Nagato.

Primetime Harder
05-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Hmm, I wonder if Slaanesh counts.

moonknight11
05-03-2014, 07:46 PM
She may not be the most powerful even in her own universe but Galadriel is awesome.

Primetime Harder
05-03-2014, 08:00 PM
She may not be the most powerful even in her own universe but Galadriel is awesome.

True. Nenya was a really cool ring.

I also feel that Nienna the Vala doesn't get enough credit. Studying magic under her was what made Gandalf Gandalf.

master of read
05-03-2014, 08:01 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131031225521/fairytail/images/b/b7/Erza_Anime_S2.png

sigh.

erza scarlett.

Guy1
05-03-2014, 08:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGFxr08cLF0
;)

Primetime Harder
05-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Better version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcHIikdrhjQ

Jonathan
05-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Nebula with the Infinity Gauntlet has got to be pretty close to the top.

Lady Death(Chaos Comics) had some pretty crazy top end feats.

Guy1
05-03-2014, 09:11 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131031225521/fairytail/images/b/b7/Erza_Anime_S2.png

sigh.

erza scarlett.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5mHAC9ljM
You know it.

Yeoman
05-03-2014, 09:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5mHAC9ljM
You know it.

Witness as Nono shatters reality like she's guest starring in Gurren Lagann, controls drones capable of inflicting pain on a creature birthed in a super nova with her hair, and tops it off by cutting a moon in half on accident. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFppdq6vEPg)

Laevatein
05-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Since they haven't been mentioned yet, Sailor Cosmos and Madokami/Homucifer

People Of The Earth
05-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Better version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcHIikdrhjQ

Okay, that was HILARIOUS ! :D
This video was mighty fun, thanks for sharing !

Primetime Harder
05-04-2014, 01:53 AM
Okay, that was HILARIOUS ! :D
This video was mighty fun, thanks for sharing !

No problemo. There's 40 more of them, plus four movies (which are about 20 minutes).

T51R
05-04-2014, 06:34 AM
A few worthy of mention:

-Washu, Tsunami and Tokimi, three multiversal Goddesses which rule over the Tenchi-verse, and some say the Dual!verse as welll.
-The Lord of Nightmares(who normally appears as a woman)
-In fisticuffs Elle Ragu, Seevar of the Kuruda School of Combat Killing, "Shadow Skill."
-In terms of magic, Belldandy, Lind, and Hild.
-In terms of thumbing down men, Durga from Asura's Wrath and Kaname from S-Cry-eD.
-In terms of demonic power there's Lilith from Supernatural
-In terms of singular goddesses, Elaine Belloc who was trained by Lucifer(I think she even got her own montage...)
-And, who's that chick who's Galactus' daughter again?

MidTierHero
05-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Promethea, the spirit of imagination.

Seidmadr
05-04-2014, 08:45 PM
The first two that come to mind are Mab and Titania, the faerie queens from the Dresden Files. Mondo mama magic.

Oh, come on. You forget their superiors. Mother Winter/Summer are stronger in all ways, and definitely female.

Seto Kaiba
05-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Sailor Moon with the Silver Crystal was pretty damn powerful. Granted, not quite reality warper, but the healing/destructive powers she possessed was incredible. Especially the manga version

Primetime Harder
05-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Oh, come on. You forget their superiors. Mother Winter/Summer are stronger in all ways, and definitely female.

I've only read about halfway through Summer Knight. My Dresden knowledge is limited to that, and spoilers.

Guy1
05-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Witness as Nono shatters reality like she's guest starring in Gurren Lagann, controls drones capable of inflicting pain on a creature birthed in a super nova with her hair, and tops it off by cutting a moon in half on accident. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFppdq6vEPg)

Alright, I've got it.
Diebuster + Gurren Lagann + Megas XLR Crossover! ;)

big_adventure
05-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Dresden: Mothers Summer and Winter are badass, but woefully short on feats. Mab has some decent feats, but even then, it's mostly the size of her aura that wows Harry, not what she actually does with it.

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Dresden: Mothers Summer and Winter are badass, but woefully short on feats. Mab has some decent feats, but even then, it's mostly the size of her aura that wows Harry, not what she actually does with it.
The guys who are keeping the great old ones out bow to Mother Winter. pretty sure she's super hard core.

Also, I've got really money on the Blackstaff being her missing walking stick.

Alright, I've got it.
Diebuster + Gurren Lagann + Megas XLR Crossover! ;)

Actually, my fan theory is that when Nono contained that big bang, she just teleported elsewhere and that's what created the Gurren Lagann universe. A world that runs on the power of determination and rule of cool.

big_adventure
05-05-2014, 10:24 PM
The guys who are keeping the great old ones out bow to Mother Winter. pretty sure she's super hard core.

Also, I've got really money on the Blackstaff being her missing walking stick.

None of those are feats, so my point stands.

Black Angel
07-28-2014, 10:27 AM
Well there is lady Varda queen of the valar from the simarillion.

Death of the Endless.

Arcueid Brunestud

Shiki Ryougi

Slade1
07-28-2014, 11:10 AM
Eliane Belloc (God from Vertigo) should be up there.

EDIT: Already mentioned by T51R.

Matt the Manly
07-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah ellaine belloq unified three universes/ became the universe etc with Michaels power

Which makes you wonder what Michael was doing all those years chained up naked in another dimension

Slade1
07-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Which makes you wonder what Michael was doing all those years chained up naked in another dimension

Maybe he's a nudist who has a fetish for chains?

Matt the Manly
07-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Maybe he's a nudist who has a fetish for chains?

I forgot to add that bit where he was basically being used as a sperm bank for 10, 000 years or something so......

Slade1
07-28-2014, 12:22 PM
I forgot to add that bit where he was basically being used as a sperm bank for 10, 000 years or something so......

....ok now that's just disturbing. :eek:

zeroharpuia
07-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Not sure if Yuki Nagato counts as female, as the data integration thought entity is a bit vague on the specifics.
Fan theories aside, Haruhi is obviously very powerful.
Evangeline A.K. McDowell is pretty badass for her universe (Beat Negi Springfield in a 1v1).
Elizabeth and Margaret (persona 3/4) are both pretty powerful.
Amaterasu (okami/Japanese lore) is a female deity.
Madoka is obviously super strong.
Although she's not the most powerful female in her multiverse Saber is no joke.

Guy1
07-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Not sure if Yuki Nagato counts as female, as the data integration thought entity is a bit vague on the specifics.
Fan theories aside, Haruhi is obviously very powerful.
Evangeline A.K. McDowell is pretty badass for her universe (Beat Negi Springfield in a 1v1).
Elizabeth and Margaret (persona 3/4) are both pretty powerful.
Amaterasu (okami/Japanese lore) is a female deity.
Madoka is obviously super strong.
Although she's not the most powerful female in her multiverse Saber is no joke.

Has 18 been mentioned yet?
Manga Lucy from Elfen Lied got amazingly powerful shortly before her death.

Neoprime
07-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Ones I can think of are:

Nakoruru(samurai showdown)
Athena(king of fighters, athena, psycho soldiers)
Morrigan(darkstalkers)
ingird(capcom fighting jam)
Firefox(ultraverse)
Jenny Quark(the authority)
The Engineer(the authority)
Allegra(wildstorm)
Void(wildcats)
Pheonix(marvel)
Scarlet Witch(marvel)
Captain Marvel(marvel)
Starlight(milestone)
Grace(darkhorse)
Storm(marvel)
Guardian(marvel)
Dr. Light(dc comics)
Jade(dc comics)
Star Girl(dc comics)
Zatnna(dc comics)

saiths
07-28-2014, 10:46 PM
gamora 4ever

"I go by many Names, my Tick-Ridden Troll, but I'm sure the one that Black Knight knew me by is Gamora, the deadliest Woman in the whole Galaxy!"

because how could i not?

Slade1
07-29-2014, 05:15 AM
How has Squirrel Girl not been mentioned yet?

And her cousin I Like Squirrels girl from Tick.