PDA

View Full Version : 2k12 TMNT vs, 2k TMNT vs 1987 TMNT Cartoon Rumble

Sasuke Uchiha
05-04-2014, 10:48 AM
This rumble pits up the 3 animated versions of the turtles in a no holds bar match.

Rules: There are none save that everyone is regulated to their season 1&2 feats and knowledge.

First Match pits up each individual turtle against their doppelganger from another series, ie 87 Leo vs 2k Leo vs 2k12 Leo.

Second Match is just a straight team vs team match. (which team would likely go down first, and which one would likely be the last team standing.)

The turtles have only their normal standard gear for each match. (usually their basic weapons, and shown ninja tools from their respective 1st and 2nd seasons.)

There is one exception the Donatello's get to bring/use whatever contraptions they have been shown capable of making for their own respective fight, not the team battle but for the Donatello vs Donnie, vs Don fight.

Primetime Harder
05-04-2014, 02:10 PM
I've got no knowledge of the 2000 series, but I can say that the 2012 turtles definitely seem more capable than their '87 counterparts.

Same with '12 Donatello, who gets to use Metalhead. '87 Donny's gadgets had a tendency to malfunction and/or explode at inconvenient moments.

Godzilla2099
05-04-2014, 06:02 PM
2k Turtles should win this easily. Next to the comic versions, these are the most skilled turtles (and toughest) of the bunch.

2k Leo was able to fight Shredder one on one and that Shredder was near immortal and almost invulnerable.

87 was a fun group but they don't have the skill. 2012 are amazing and with time, I think they can win this, but they're not as experienced.

Seto Kaiba
05-04-2014, 09:17 PM
2k Turtles should win this easily. Next to the comic versions, these are the most skilled turtles (and toughest) of the bunch.

2k Leo was able to fight Shredder one on one and that Shredder was near immortal and almost invulnerable.

87 was a fun group but they don't have the skill. 2012 are amazing and with time, I think they can win this, but they're not as experienced.

This pretty much. 2k3 Turtles were closer to their comics counterparts. They were pretty damn experienced as well. I think 2k12 Turtles are heading along that path however. The 87 Turtles, as much as I love them, having grown up with them and all, are a non factor here to be quite honest.

seaturkey
05-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Wrong, 80's TMNT win hands down. Just cause some idiot/hack insulted them in that crossover film doesn't change the fact that the 80's turtles have overcome FAR more dangerous odds. Everything from Cyborg Ninja footsoldiers, to dimension X aliens and everything in between.

They may be more light-hearted but they've proven they can whoop some serious butt when they need to. Besides, Bebop & Rocksteady > all other TMNT henchmen.

master of read
05-08-2014, 03:18 AM
Wrong, 80's TMNT win hands down. Just cause some idiot/hack insulted them in that crossover film doesn't change the fact that the 80's turtles have overcome FAR more dangerous odds. Everything from Cyborg Ninja footsoldiers, to dimension X aliens and everything in between.

They may be more light-hearted but they've proven they can whoop some serious butt when they need to. Besides, Bebop & Rocksteady > all other TMNT henchmen.

yeah, that's not gonna work. bebop and rocksteady couldnt handle the 80s turtles, who sucked in terms of skill to the 2k turtles. not to mention, 2K street had vastly better henchmen in the form of hun, the foot elite, and the foot mystics. hell, i'd give good odds that hun could paste the pig and rhino since he had a good deal super strength, durability, and skill.

Yeoman
05-08-2014, 09:06 AM

A) That's pretty much the exact same type of villains the 2000's turtles fought. Except theirs were competent.

B) 2000's Donnie is the only non-comic version to team up with Jack Kirby.

Alan2099
05-08-2014, 10:18 AM
'87 Donny's gadgets had a tendency to malfunction and/or explode at inconvenient moments.
Perhaps, but the 80s Don went far above and beyond what other versions of him had done. The guy made instantaneous cloning machines with nothing but junk he found in the sewers for crying out loud.

Len Ikari145
05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
seaturkey, I think you need to examine how we gauge "feats" here in the sticky. And if you reallywant to argue on that level, 2k Turtles have fought all manners of aliens, cyborgs, demons and godlike entities. And unlike the 87's Turtles, they were competent and treated as legitimate threats (as they actually KILLED people).

The 87 TMNT have never shown the level of skill as either one of the modern turtles, or even their original comic counterparts for that matter and it's funny you call the animators and writers Turtles Forever "hacks and idiots" since it was Mirage Comics, including Eastman and Laird, who made that crossover. And I think they have a right to express their discontent over how their creations were treated when they first entered the TV medium, considering the animators of the first show ignored a lot of their input when it was produced and made them one-dimensional capricatures of their original portrayals.

yeah, that's not gonna work. bebop and rocksteady couldnt handle the 80s turtles, who sucked in terms of skill to the 2k turtles. not to mention, 2K street had vastly better henchmen in the form of hun, the foot elite, and the foot mystics. hell, i'd give good odds that hun could paste the pig and rhino since he had a good deal super strength, durability, and skill.

Hell, Hun and Stockman(with his various mech suits) would clean house with any henchmen in 87's rogue gallery.

Or Demon Shredder's acolytes.

Alan2099
05-08-2014, 10:39 AM
The 87 TMNT have never shown the level of skill as either one of the modern turtles, or even their original comic counterparts for that matter and it's funny you call the animators and writers Turtles Forever "hacks and idiots" since it was Mirage Comics, including Eastman and Laird, who made that crossover. And I think they have a right to express their discontent over how their creations were treated when they first entered the TV medium, considering the animators of the first show ignored a lot of their input when it was produced and made them one-dimensional capricatures of their original portrayals.
I'm going to have to agree that whoever did Turtles forever really messed up the way the 80s crew was done. Like it or not, that version achieved a popularity that no attempts since have even come close to matching. They wouldn't be doing a Turtles Forever if the old cartoon hadn't made Turtles something people cared about.

Len Ikari145
05-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Perhaps, but the 80s Don went far above and beyond what other versions of him had done. The guy made instantaneous cloning machines with nothing but junk he found in the sewers for crying out loud.

Missed this. Yeah, 80's Don was the bloody Reed Richards of the group when it came to developing tech (though 2k Don is close to his level).

As far as the crossover goes, my only complaints were how most of the voice actors from the original series never came back and how 80's Shredder was treated like a wimp. Other than that, I liked it(especially when Hun became Slash). Milage, of course, varies.

Alan2099
05-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Oh, I liked it myself. I just wish the older Turtles had bad a bit more of their old personalities rather than just being a single joke.

I would have also liked to see giant Krang put up more of a fight, but I suppose Bebop and Rocksteady being the ones that really defeated Shredder sort of made up for it.

Seto Kaiba
05-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Oh, I liked it myself. I just wish the older Turtles had bad a bit more of their old personalities rather than just being a single joke.

I would have also liked to see giant Krang put up more of a fight, but I suppose Bebop and Rocksteady being the ones that really defeated Shredder sort of made up for it.

Agreed with this. While the 87 Turtles were goofy, it wasn't as bad as TF made them out to be.

Also, anyone who says that the 87 turtles dealt with more just have to look at all the versions of Shredder. 2k3 Shredder is a beast. 2k13 version is up there as well. Both of those versions were treated as legitimate threats. 87 Shredder was more of a "Well, this is another Shredder plot. Let's kick his tail as easily as we always do"

Len Ikari145
05-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Agreed with this. While the 87 Turtles were goofy, it wasn't as bad as TF made them out to be.

Also, anyone who says that the 87 turtles dealt with more just have to look at all the versions of Shredder. 2k3 Shredder is a beast. 2k13 version is up there as well. Both of those versions were treated as legitimate threats. 87 Shredder was more of a "Well, this is another Shredder plot. Let's kick his tail as easily as we always do"

Yeah, after the first two seasons, he's kinda treated like an annoyance by the Turtles. Of course, he's treated better than Mirage Shredder, even in the movie.:D

(Sharp, don't kill me! You know it's true!)

Alan2099
05-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Also, it was a complete missed opportunity not having 80s Casey Jones appear. That could have been great.

"Identity threat is a serious crime, law-breaker!"

Seto Kaiba
05-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Yeah, after the first two seasons, he's kinda treated like an annoyance by the Turtles. Of course, he's treated better than Mirage Shredder, even in the movie.:D

(Sharp, don't kill me! You know it's true!)

Ah yes. Mirage Shredder. He tried at least....lol

Surtur
05-08-2014, 12:37 PM
The 2003 series turtles are overall more competent and skilled then the 80's versions I would say. Haven't seen the 2012 versions though.

Actually Donnie from the 2003 series was pretty damn smart too and invented some crazy stuff. But then, he didn't exactly do it out of junk from the sewers. I think he could hold his own though against the 80's version with prep.

I'm going to have to agree that whoever did Turtles forever really messed up the way the 80s crew was done. Like it or not, that version achieved a popularity that no attempts since have even come close to matching. They wouldn't be doing a Turtles Forever if the old cartoon hadn't made Turtles something people cared about.

Wait what are you talking about? The way the 80's cartoon versions were portrayed in Turtles Forever was more or less spot on with how they acted in the 80's show. I don't see what your problem with Turtles Forever was? They even included the black and white comic versions, though maybe not as violent as they were in the comics. All in all Turtles Forever was pretty awesome. For me it is by far the best Ninja Turtles movie, and I'm including live action ones when taking that into account as well. There were especially great parts like the black and white turtles doing their own narration and things like the 80's turtles breaking the 4th wall and the other characters in the series going "who the hell are you talking to?" whenever they see them doing it.

Seto Kaiba
05-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Wait what are you talking about? The way the 80's cartoon versions were portrayed in Turtles Forever was more or less spot on with how they acted in the 80's show. I don't see what your problem with Turtles Forever was? They even included the black and white comic versions, though maybe not as violent as they were in the comics. All in all Turtles Forever was pretty awesome. For me it is by far the best Ninja Turtles movie, and I'm including live action ones when taking that into account as well. There were especially great parts like the black and white turtles doing their own narration and things like the 80's turtles breaking the 4th wall and the other characters in the series going "who the hell are you talking to?" whenever they see them doing it.

I love TF and I love the 87 turtles. But they were portrayed as total goof offs in that movie while in the actual series, while being more lighthearted, they each had their own distinct personality.

Surtur
05-08-2014, 01:32 PM
I love TF and I love the 87 turtles. But they were portrayed as total goof offs in that movie while in the actual series, while being more lighthearted, they each had their own distinct personality.

Yeah, but early in the show they kind of were total goofs in that way. I still have an old VHS tape that came with two episodes. The ones with the teenagers from Dimension X(with a flying car) and another with the turtles finding a space ship and getting beamed aboard and making friends with aliens that get put to sleep by mozzarella or some such thing. I guess I'm saying they were kind of goofy at one point, and I think it was that era of the 80s show they were trying to portray, as opposed to the later seasons of the 80s show.

Seto Kaiba
05-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Yeah, but early in the show they kind of were total goofs in that way. I still have an old VHS tape that came with two episodes. The ones with the teenagers from Dimension X(with a flying car) and another with the turtles finding a space ship and getting beamed aboard and making friends with aliens that get put to sleep by mozzarella or some such thing. I guess I'm saying they were kind of goofy at one point, and I think it was that era of the 80s show they were trying to portray, as opposed to the later seasons of the 80s show.

The first few episodes were relatively serious. Then it got goofy...it was kind of up and down with the last season being darker. The premises was wacky, I just felt the movie exaggerated it a tad. But then, I suppose in relation to the other two versions, they are total goofballs.

master of read
05-08-2014, 03:25 PM
seaturkey, I think you need to examine how we gauge "feats" here in the sticky. And if you reallywant to argue on that level, 2k Turtles have fought all manners of aliens, cyborgs, demons and godlike entities. And unlike the 87's Turtles, they were competent and treated as legitimate threats (as they actually KILLED people).

Hell, Hun and Stockman(with his various mech suits) would clean house with any henchmen in 87's rogue gallery.

Or Demon Shredder's acolytes.

2k3 turtles had to deal with agent bishop. that right there shits on everything the 80s turtles can handle.

Guy Smiley
05-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Wait what are you talking about? The way the 80's cartoon versions were portrayed in Turtles Forever was more or less spot on with how they acted in the 80's show.

Nope. It was somewhat exaggerated even for them. Like them getting captured by villains, tied up and disarmed, and being completely unable to take that seriously? Even the '80s cartoon would have treated being captured and tied up as an actual threat. Or obliviously walking down the street and wondering why people were freaking out, when in their own cartoon they at least relied on trenchcoats and hats to disguise their non-humanity.

That said, the '80s turtles were a disgrace... after the first season or so. (Note that the first season Turtles were actually fairly competent, and the villains treated as actual menacing threats. Rocksteady and Bebop were the cartoon's equivalent of the Dinobots in their earlier episodes, being nearly impossible to put down, and ridiculously aggressive. The Technodrome was a city-destroying battle fortress that could have conquered the planet on its own.) Concerned parents groups pretty much came out of the woodwork to put pressure on the studios to tone things down, from my recollection, which resulted in travesties like Michelangelo trading in his nunchaku for a grappling hook, and the Turtles conveniently dropping their weapons via one plot device or another before any real confrontation. This meant that random guest stars had to show up and save the day all the time, and the villains were dumbed down to prevent them from stomping the newly-sissified turtles.

Surtur
05-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Nope. It was somewhat exaggerated even for them. Like them getting captured by villains, tied up and disarmed, and being completely unable to take that seriously? Even the '80s cartoon would have treated being captured and tied up as an actual threat. Or obliviously walking down the street and wondering why people were freaking out, when in their own cartoon they at least relied on trenchcoats and hats to disguise their non-humanity.

That said, the '80s turtles were a disgrace... after the first season or so. (Note that the first season Turtles were actually fairly competent, and the villains treated as actual menacing threats. Rocksteady and Bebop were the cartoon's equivalent of the Dinobots in their earlier episodes, being nearly impossible to put down, and ridiculously aggressive. The Technodrome was a city-destroying battle fortress that could have conquered the planet on its own.) Concerned parents groups pretty much came out of the woodwork to put pressure on the studios to tone things down, from my recollection, which resulted in travesties like Michelangelo trading in his nunchaku for a grappling hook, and the Turtles conveniently dropping their weapons via one plot device or another before any real confrontation. This meant that random guest stars had to show up and save the day all the time, and the villains were dumbed down to prevent them from stomping the newly-sissified turtles.

Well, I do think maybe a few episodes were that wacky early on, when it comes to taking things seriously. The specific episode I mentioned though I have on tape, they actually do kind of do the "captured and not take it seriously" thing. Although it wasn't all the turtles, to be fair, it was just Donatello and Splinter. They were on an alien ship and stuff and somehow the shredder and his goons get beamed on there too and..since Donatello of course gave these aliens pizza they fell asleep and couldn't be woken up and then Shredder comes in while they are out and kind of takes over the ship briefly, capturing Splinter and Donatello. I wouldn't say they are 100% not taking it seriously, but they do seem rather bemused more or less by the whole situation. Probably because it was a somewhat surreal experience, sort of like what happens in TF. Of course the aliens wake up and disable Shredder in the end.

Though yeah the disguises were still a thing in the episode though, Donatello goes to get a pizza or something with some chick at one point and he has like a winter hat and coat on. I will say though, for some reason Donatello is kind of a d-bag in the episode to the girl(aprils nerdy friend, I forget her name). Mostly just due to one part where..it is obvious this girl has a thing for him and so he goes up to her and phrases something in a certain way to where it seems like it might imply he..shares her affections, or something. So it's like he is asking her out..but then it turns out he was just talking to her so she could help him go pick up a pizza.

Eternal Torment
05-08-2014, 05:40 PM
2k3 turtles had to deal with agent bishop. that right there shits on everything the 80s turtles can handle.

How would the Mirage Turtles handle Agent Bishop?

master of read
05-08-2014, 05:47 PM

cant really say since i dont know much about the mirage turtles. they'd have to be better than the 03 turtles since they never really beat bishop.

Len Ikari145
05-08-2014, 06:18 PM

Karai also deserves mention as well. The woman was insanely skilled.

master of read
05-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Karai also deserves mention as well. The woman was insanely skilled.

karai was slightly above leo, pre master training. post master training, leo was way ahead of her. but yeah, shredder's daughter was no joke.

Seto Kaiba
05-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Well, I do think maybe a few episodes were that wacky early on, when it comes to taking things seriously. The specific episode I mentioned though I have on tape, they actually do kind of do the "captured and not take it seriously" thing. Although it wasn't all the turtles, to be fair, it was just Donatello and Splinter. They were on an alien ship and stuff and somehow the shredder and his goons get beamed on there too and..since Donatello of course gave these aliens pizza they fell asleep and couldn't be woken up and then Shredder comes in while they are out and kind of takes over the ship briefly, capturing Splinter and Donatello. I wouldn't say they are 100% not taking it seriously, but they do seem rather bemused more or less by the whole situation. Probably because it was a somewhat surreal experience, sort of like what happens in TF. Of course the aliens wake up and disable Shredder in the end.

Though yeah the disguises were still a thing in the episode though, Donatello goes to get a pizza or something with some chick at one point and he has like a winter hat and coat on. I will say though, for some reason Donatello is kind of a d-bag in the episode to the girl(aprils nerdy friend, I forget her name). Mostly just due to one part where..it is obvious this girl has a thing for him and so he goes up to her and phrases something in a certain way to where it seems like it might imply he..shares her affections, or something. So it's like he is asking her out..but then it turns out he was just talking to her so she could help him go pick up a pizza.

Irma. And I remember that episode actually. And it was a goofy premise, but weren't they all captured in TF and they kinda....joked about the entire thing?

Yeoman
05-10-2014, 02:44 PM

Stab him in the face? It's how they solved most problems. That or explosives.

Eternal Torment
05-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Stab him in the face? It's how they solved most problems. That or explosives.

Well, I mean how they would stack up against him? I've heard the Mirage Turtles were on par or better than the 2k3 version, even before taking their ruthlessness into account. Just wondering if that was true.

wjowski
05-10-2014, 08:04 PM
I will admit that I do still find the G-Rated Judge Dredd version of Casey Jones entertaining.

master of read
05-10-2014, 08:44 PM
I will admit that I do still find the G-Rated Judge Dredd version of Casey Jones entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTiAM_Xnq3A

master of read
05-10-2014, 08:51 PM
in case anyone needs a reminder of just how badass agent bishop was....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9HeUSNDepg

Guy1
05-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Agent Bishop Is Badass

Guy1
05-10-2014, 08:53 PM
in case anyone needs a reminder of just how badass agent bishop was....

Blitzed by the Hentai God!

master of read
05-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Blitzed by the Hentai God!

you've lost your speed since you got promoted. (evil laugh)

Guy1
05-10-2014, 09:12 PM
you've lost your speed since you got promoted. (evil laugh)

Meh, it's cool. Bishop needs two vids to show his awesomeness.

master of read
05-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Meh, it's cool. Bishop needs two vids to show his awesomeness.

indeed. the fact they had to deal with this guy puts them above the other two teams.

Yeoman
05-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Well, I mean how they would stack up against him? I've heard the Mirage Turtles were on par or better than the 2k3 version, even before taking their ruthlessness into account. Just wondering if that was true.

Don't recall feats, but back in the day they were usually considered a team of guys each roughly on par with Batman.

Only feats that come to mind immediately is that Leo fought Miyomoto Usagi to a standstill on two or three occasions, and the turtles once, IIRC, survived hard vacuum by entering a meditative trance. Neither of which are really helpful.

Guy Smiley
05-11-2014, 02:49 AM
the turtles once, IIRC, survived hard vacuum by entering a meditative trance.

I can confirm this - it occurs in TMNT Vol. 1 #6.

KingEli
05-11-2014, 07:58 AM
I might be remembering wrong but wasn't '87 Leo just as much a hardass like he was in most media?

master of read
05-11-2014, 09:37 AM
I might be remembering wrong but wasn't '87 Leo just as much a hardass like he was in most media?

that maybe true on the later seasons when the series got darker but early on he was more of a inspiring leader than a hardass.

Surtur
05-11-2014, 09:37 AM

Well, there are more then a few forms for Bishop. Though honestly I'd say in all of them he probably could take them down unless they were a good deal above the 2k3 versions.

master of read
05-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Well, there are more then a few forms for Bishop. Though honestly I'd say in all of them he probably could take them down unless they were a good deal above the 2k3 versions.

they might have a chance against "fast foward" bishop since he was more mellowed out and not as badass.

shades of eternity
05-11-2014, 11:01 AM
have to agree with 200x turtles being dominant.

However, Mikey and Donny were at the most competent in the 80's version. Donny was practically a spark and Mikey was Spiderman crossed with Jackie Chan with a ton more common sense then either.

Why did people hate the surfer talk because they got rid of it, combined with lowering his intelligence each time he appears in later series?

2012 tmnt is getting there, but between leo's long night and turtles forever, they have a ton to catchup on. Plus their mikey is deteriorated further in dumbness.

Eternal Torment
05-11-2014, 11:39 AM

Really? I only remember like... three of them.

The bog standard version, the mecha-Bishop that would later become 2k3 Rat King, and Fast Forward President Bishop.

Were there more?

Antonio B.
05-11-2014, 03:52 PM
At this point in time the 2k Turtles take it. All the turtles where very skilled & competent.