PDA

View Full Version : Spider-man and his amazing friends v. The Power Rangers

Acecool
05-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Just as the title says except Spider-man, Iceman, and Firestar are their 616 counterparts.

Power Rangers are the original Six. They have access to all the Zords and powers that those Six ever had during their run. This includes the grown up Tommy. If a character did not drive a Zord, they do not get it here. If they did, they have it here.

Who takes it?

Guy1
05-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Icy Curbstomp. Bobby stomps everyone here, his own team included, while singing Let It Go.

Primetime Harder
05-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Mostly it depends on whether they can call up Daizyujin before Iceman freezes them solid.

Guy1
05-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Mostly it depends on whether they can call up Daizyujin before Iceman freezes them solid.

Power Rangers have Megazord.
Zyuranger has Daizyujin.

Primetime Harder
05-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Power Rangers have Megazord.
Zyuranger has Daizyujin.

Yeah. Daizyujin was much cooler; he was a god.

Anyway, I seem to recall something about Rangers / Sentai being able to do certain things instantaneously, like transforming. Does calling their zords fall under the same category?

Guy1
05-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah. Daizyujin was much cooler; he was a god.

Anyway, I seem to recall something about Rangers / Sentai being able to do certain things instantaneously, like transforming. Does calling their zords fall under the same category?

Nah. Let's take the originals for instance.
They pose, call out the Zord names, and then the Zords come from wherever they are hanging out and appear to the team.

Also in the case of Magiranger/Mystic Force, the Rangers turned into their Zords.

Primetime Harder
05-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Let's take the originals for instance. They pose, call out the Zord names, and then the Zords come from wherever they are hanging out and appear to the team.

I'm not arguing this isn't the case with the Rangers, but in these shows what happens onscreen isn't necessarily the same as what happens in-universe. For example, just earlier today I was watching some Dekaranger and saw them use their transformation sequence to dodge an AoE attack.

Apples and oranges, I know. Just felt like making that point. Anyway, yeah; without prep time or knowledge of who's the biggest threat, the Rangers probably get put on ice right off the bat.

Anyone remember if the Rangers went up against any cold monsters? I feel like they might have some feats I'm forgetting. It's been a while.

BitVyper
05-04-2014, 05:10 PM
To be fair, pose time seems to operate entirely on its own rules, and is also regularly demonstrated to not really be necessary. Even MMPRs have done insta-morphs and stuff before (well, maybe not instant for the MMPRs; I think they did always use their morphers at least). The poses are a courtesy to the audience that doesn't really apply to the arena.

Seto Kaiba
05-04-2014, 09:22 PM
To be fair, pose time seems to operate entirely on its own rules, and is also regularly demonstrated to not really be necessary. Even MMPRs have done insta-morphs and stuff before (well, maybe not instant for the MMPRs; I think they did always use their morphers at least). The poses are a courtesy to the audience that doesn't really apply to the arena.

There's that scene in the Turbo movie where Kat morphs into Zeo Ranger I and it wasn't instant...but that's Zeo. The original six didn't really have a sequence per se. It was "Hold out Morpher. Call out your animal. Done"

I would think that their suits give the protection against being frozen solid, but I don't remember them ever coming up against a freezing monster. Jason did tank shots from a Zord on his own though, so I'd think that would count for something.

Jonathan
05-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Without the zords Spiderman and his Amazing Friends should win, with them the Power Rangers should win.

CryoFlar3
05-04-2014, 11:44 PM
Without the zords Spiderman and his Amazing Friends should win, with them the Power Rangers should win.

Iceman created a Ice Voltron recently so i don't see the mega zord helping in this fight. I'm pretty sure 616 iceman can solo this in his sleep as he is currently.

Radioactive Zombie
05-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Doesn't Spidey have enough webbing to hamper the Zord? I know it has ranged attacks, but they seemed to be made for taking out big targets, not smaller ones.

big_adventure
05-05-2014, 01:50 AM
Icy Curbstomp. Bobby stomps everyone here, his own team included, while singing Let It Go.

Which would be kind of awesome, in a creepy way.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 02:22 AM
A thought occurs: if the Rangers are able to last long enough to summon the zords, Spidey & Co. are going to have to deal with the Dragon Zord as well as the Megazord.

Iceman created a Ice Voltron recently so i don't see the mega zord helping in this fight.

While creating an ice construct that size is impressive, I don't see how it would help. Freezing the Rangers is a KO, but encasing the Megazord in ice is going to slow it down for all of 2 seconds before it blasts itself free. And if he creates another Ice Voltron, it's going down with one swipe from the God Horn (or whatever they called that sword in MMPR).

Doesn't Spidey have enough webbing to hamper the Zord?

I doubt he has that much web fluid handy at one time without prep. Also, it's been webbed before. Didn't stop it.

Basara
05-05-2014, 04:38 AM
A thought occurs: if the Rangers are able to last long enough to summon the zords, Spidey & Co. are going to have to deal with the Dragon Zord as well as the Megazord.

I'm pretty sure that when the op stated that only the Zords that were actually driven are in play here, he meant no Dragonzord or Titanus.

"If" is the operative word here, as Bobby will flash freeze all six Rangers before they can call to the Zords. Or even better, let them call the Zords and freeze them in mid jump as they try to board their Zords.

Also, isn't Firestar unleashed a fairly scary mutant herself? I seem to recall she has some fantastic high energy feats in space where she finally cuts loose because she isn't afraid of hurting bystanders or blowing up cities.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm pretty sure that when the op stated that only the Zords that were actually driven are in play here, he meant no Dragonzord or Titanus.

Huh. I was sure that Tommy jumped into a cockpit, or at least did so when the Dragonzord combined, but nope. Nevermind then.

However, he did pilot the White Tigerzord, and IIRC the Thunder Megazord was stronger than the original one anyway.

Also, isn't Firestar unleashed a fairly scary mutant herself? I seem to recall she has some fantastic high energy feats in space where she finally cuts loose because she isn't afraid of hurting bystanders or blowing up cities.

Yes, but the Rangers have feats of surviving large fireblasts. Freezing on Iceman's scale, not so much.

Seto Kaiba
05-05-2014, 09:38 AM
Huh. I was sure that Tommy jumped into a cockpit, or at least did so when the Dragonzord combined, but nope. Nevermind then.

However, he did pilot the White Tigerzord, and IIRC the Thunder Megazord was stronger than the original one anyway.

Yes, but the Rangers have feats of surviving large fireblasts. Freezing on Iceman's scale, not so much.

Tommy DID pilot the Dragonzord once.

Little_Mac
05-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Nah. Let's take the originals for instance.
They pose, call out the Zord names, and then the Zords come from wherever they are hanging out and appear to the team.

Why would Spiderman even give them the chance to recover from their pose and jump to their Zords?

It's the original six so they can't transform to the Zords. Spiderman is quick enough to cover the distance during the pose and web them up/knock them out.

If they get to their Zords, then it's a different story. Firestar and Iceman will have some work to do and the Zords wide-area blasts will get Spiderman. I have trouble, though, seeing them have the time to get inside their Zords.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Spiderman is quick enough to cover the distance during the pose and web them up/knock them out.

Web them up long enough for Iceman to lay the coup de grace on them? Probably. It would only slow them up for a few seconds, but that's all Bobby needs.

Knock them out? Probably not. Spidey's got Class 5-10 strength, but Ranger armor is pretty tough. It's tanked blasts from zords, and that's a bit out of his pay grade.

Tangent Man
05-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Firestar generates microwave radiation, not just fire blasts. Do the Power Rangers no-sell radiation attacks?

Acecool
05-05-2014, 08:20 PM

"If" is the operative word here, as Bobby will flash freeze all six Rangers before they can call to the Zords. Or even better, let them call the Zords and freeze them in mid jump as they try to board their Zords.

Sorry about the word choice. I guess I should have said controlled as not all zords were driven.

Acecool
05-05-2014, 08:27 PM
This image is part of the reason why I thought of this fight.

What I thought Spiderman could do it crawl up the side of the zord and find a way in. I don't think the Zord could do anything to Spider-man while he is actually on the Zord itself.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 08:29 PM
Do the Power Rangers no-sell radiation attacks?

I highly doubt it. Some arguments could probably be made for the Rangers from In Space, and definitely quite a few Sentai teams, but I don't think the original 6 Rangers ever had to deal with radiation.

Guy1
05-05-2014, 08:33 PM
I highly doubt it. Some arguments could probably be made for the Rangers from In Space, and definitely quite a few Sentai teams, but I don't think the original 6 Rangers ever had to deal with radiation.

Nope! :)

tenchars

Basara
05-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Sorry about the word choice. I guess I should have said controlled as not all zords were driven.

Ah, I thought you were trying to limit the Rangers to just the use of Megazord. The fight doesn't really change though, as Guy1 already pointed out that Iceman can flash freeze all the Rangers before any of them can summon their zords at the bell.