PDA

View Full Version : Old You vs New You

Dr Will Hatch
05-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Yourself Pre-Reboot vs Yourself Now

In the five days since you've been rebooted, is there anything impressive you've done that would prevent Old You from curbstomping New You in terms of feats?

Guy1
05-04-2014, 07:42 PM

In the five days since you've been rebooted, is there anything impressive you've done that would prevent Old You from curbstomping New You in terms of feats?

New 52 Guy is awesome as always, but Post-Crisis Guy not only had a far bigger post count and way more feats.

Kid A
05-04-2014, 07:44 PM
New 52 Holmes is older and wiser than his previous counterpart who got booted to the Phantom Zone. Or at least I hope so.

Primetime Harder
05-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Strictly CBR continuity? I get stomped. Old me had a speedblitz, the Null Ray, Durandal, and a Retcon Cannon.

If it's just regular ol' me, the new one takes it. I'm in better shape now.

Numbuh24insane
05-04-2014, 08:10 PM

I just got mailed my new backstory,give me a second to read it.

*Starts to read*

Hmm...Huh.... Okay... Interesting... Wow?... I did what again!?.... I'm going to have to reread that... Wow.

Apparently I got rebooted as a pacifist that has some weird evil ai thingy in my brain that makes me evil, and I have complete conversations with my self. Reminds me of Doc from Red vs Blue. Back to my point, is that I barely have feats my old counterpart has. So I get slaughtered, I always knew that I'd would cause my own death.

But I didn't know that it would be a hands on experience.

Ultra_Sonic
05-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Knuckles (Enerjak possessed) vs. Ultra Sonic-- Super and Knuckles/Enerjak fought to a stalemate. Ultra Sonic is supposed to be a higher form of Super Sonic..

The Chou Lives
05-04-2014, 08:39 PM
THere is no difference except Nu Chou has more time. As I have fused into Chou Prime.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Cthulhu still can't be bothered.

90'sCartoonMan
05-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Ugh, they put a capper on my superspeed. Old Me was practically lightspeed, but New Me can't even go faster than the speed of sound. I guess they wanted to make me more realistic, grounded, whatever, but that means Old Me was much more powerful. And I don't think any of my villains went down in power, so that sucks too because they'll be kicking my butt more. At least I got a cooler costume. It's not as cheesy, and I can see it translating well into live action if, God willing, I ever get that three picture deal.

Jonathan
05-04-2014, 09:32 PM
I don't have a chance against me. Anyways, old me(Jonathan8572) had a much higher post count than current me, which seems the best measurement of our power here.

Gorthaur
05-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Old me once did a one armed pull up, but I suspect that would be SMvsFL'd, and he also had a recurring rotator cuff issue (thanks to his frankly foolish insistence on trying to do things like one armed pull ups) that, in the new continuity, has as of yet only been referred to in internal monologues - unreliable narration that we can't use for Rumbles purposes. The new me has shown some remarkable commitment to physical rehabilitation in his few appearances, and while we can only speculate if he will eventually fall into Pre-Crisis Gorthaur's couch potato lifestyle, so far his habits have been significantly healthier. The one thing Pre-Crisis Gorthaur does have going for him is being poster number 36 on the forums, as opposed to 3136 for Nu-Gorthaur. Given this character's fragile ego, a higher level of seniority would likely give him more confidence, unless CIS is turned off.

Overall, I give it to NuGorthaur 53 times out of a hundred.

FrenchGemini
05-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Tell you that tomorrow, I didn't get an occasion to fight yet since the reboot. I did get better at sprinting though, stalemating my younger brother once, who is a natural at running (seriously, the kiddo is a couch potato, but he regularly gets the better of me whenever we race.).

Blackid
05-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Old me (Silence) would totally stomp new me (Blackid) ... However I gotta admit new me just put down a huge house that I was carrying the whole time I battled. I'm feeling like Atlas if he were to ever be able to put down the Earth. Lighter, stronger, more confident. Give me time and I will be UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

frankiedetroit
05-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Frankie D from May 2004 was single and had no kids and hit the gym every day.

Current Frankie D is married and has a son and has a co-worker named Jim who he has never hit.

BTW: Pre-Crisis Frankie D who joined CBR in 1999 or so would've destroyed both newer versions. Younger, faster, hadn't been totally corrupted by Y2K.

Vakanai
05-05-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm pretty sure I just used the reboot to fake my own death and collect the life insurance, so new me is the same but one extra feat of a con done well.
I'll just mosy off with my ill gotten gains now thank you.

Sophicles
05-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Pre-reboot me: Stuck in a green blob with my mind reduced to the status of pocket calculator.
Post-reboot me: ??? Possibly in Armor? Possibly in Ernst? Possibly still in the green blob? Who knows. Endless stalemate I suppose.

Photon Torme
05-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Difficult to say. A Scarlet Sapien IS a little more powerful but The Scarlet Sapien was cagier and less na´ve. I think A Scarlet sapien would be hindered by hero worship wheras The Scarlet Sapien was not above some pretty heinous mind games and manipulation to get his own way.

Lady Warp Spasm
05-05-2014, 11:53 AM
New Me is sparkly (just like my left arm - thanks Department X) and not as cranky.

New Me wins because all the talk of having an open mind is finally trickling in.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 03:31 PM
New me has a plnet busting feat, which is way beyond Old Me's normal powerset.

But Old Me had several threads under his belt that powered him up based on his post-count, making him ridiculously powerful.

Guy Smiley
05-17-2014, 03:41 PM
New me has a plnet busting feat, which is way beyond Old Me's normal powerset.

But Old Me had several threads under his belt that powered him up based on his post-count, making him ridiculously powerful.

*Nu me bills you for the planet, which he was lifting at the time.*

Actually, you just reminded me of a text file I used to have, that had all the abilities, items, and curses I'd obtained in the various "X happens to you" threads. The composite was distilled into a character who went by the name of Richard R. Young, (Although I usually called him Dick R. Y. for short...) but I lost the text file when my computer bricked (during an automated Windows update gone horribly wrong) and now the feats are lost forever.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Sad. So Sad.

Omega
05-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Old Omega had a shorter temper, less knowledge of comic-book-dom and a far inferior name. He also had a way more bad-ass post count and a 2004 join date (I'm super choked about forgetting my old join date). :mad:

Oh and he had a way more hilarious quote in his signature. Something like "The condescending nature of your post amuses me. Unfortunately you have no idea what you're talking about." - Master of Read. I'm pretty choked about forgetting who said that too.

Endless_Legend
06-11-2014, 03:39 AM
Apparently new me is an adult volunteer with more advanced armor and a tendency to gab. This really pisses off the fanboys of old me, who was a kidnapped, brainwashed child-soldier who basically never spoke but had a list of feats a mile long.

I dunno, like new me better, even though I have only like 1/5 the feats of old me. I haven't saved mankind yet, but I did save like a whole planet worth of colonists, that must count for something. On paper I'm supposed to be just as good. Consent is better than slavery. Having a personality is better than silence. Also now I can choose any color I want, instead of just green all the time. Really sick of green.