PDA

View Full Version : Shredder (Utrom, 2003 cartoon) vs JLU Batman

FrenchGemini
05-05-2014, 12:21 AM
1. Hand to Hand only
2. Saki gets the sword of Tengu, Bats has standard equipment.

Oh, and first (in order of appearance) exo-suit for Shredder only.

Who wins?

Vakanai
05-05-2014, 08:01 AM
1. Shredder, Bats would have trouble taking down a robot that skilled.
2. Batman, I think by around JLU Batman started carrying electric brass knuckles or whatever to help fight metahumans, should be a good advantage here.

Surtur
05-05-2014, 08:06 AM
2. Batman, I think by around JLU Batman started carrying electric brass knuckles or whatever to help fight metahumans, should be a good advantage here.

Yeah, but I thought the sword of tengu could shoot out..waves of energy and stuff. Batman has to actually get close to use his shock knuckles.

master of read
05-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Yeah, but I thought the sword of tengu could shoot out..waves of energy and stuff.

yeah, the sword of tengu is not to be fucked with, especially in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

FrenchGemini
05-05-2014, 08:09 AM
Yeah, but I thought the sword of tengu could shoot out..waves of energy and stuff. Batman has to actually get close to use his shock knuckles.

Yeah, it could, but IIRC, not the kind that Batman couldn't dodge.

Vakanai
05-05-2014, 08:11 AM

Yeah, but I think DCAU Batman has enough dodging feats he should get close enough a majority of fights. Plus he can spam batarangs at Shredder to help stop a few of those blasts, increasing his odds of getting close even further.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 08:12 AM
I think by around JLU Batman started carrying electric brass knuckles or whatever to help fight metahumans

Not to mention exploding batarangs and sticky bombs.

Definitely. Remember, this is the Batman that dodged Darkseid's omega beam.

Surtur
05-05-2014, 08:16 AM

Yeah, but I don't think it was just like a single beam of energy though. It's easier to dodge a beam then it is a destructive wave of energy.

Bringing this up isn't necessarily a good feat for Batman since that involved him having to put a parademon in the path and have it take the hit. He has nobody here to sacrifice. Also those beams were following him, but they weren't exactly that wide, just two narrow beams. Shredder is also someone who is not so slow and agile himself.

I'm not saying it would be impossible for him to dodge, but I think it would be hard for him to actually get close. He's not exactly going to be able to leap over the destructive energy and land 100 feet away right in front of Shredder. Though Batman would be horribly slaughtered by the other Shredders in the series.

Vakanai
05-05-2014, 08:17 AM

To be fair the animated version of those are inferior to the comic version (least to the comic version of the time).