PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman vs Loki

FennerMachine
05-05-2014, 02:02 AM
Standard arena fights, standard equipment plus Loki has his staff. No prep time.
1. Maguire Spiderman vs MCU Loki
2. Garfield Spiderman vs MCU Loki
3. If Loki is too much, both Spidermen team up.

Scenario using current comic book versions:
Loki needs to capture Spiderman alive and mostly unharmed.
Loki has 1 week of prep and then 1 week to get Spiderman.
Spiderman is told Loki is after him giving him 5 days prep but Loki does not know that Spiderman knows.
Spiderman is tasked with holding off Loki for the week as it will foil his other plans.
What happens?

Jonathan
05-05-2014, 02:08 AM
I think MacGuire can beat him, but not Garfield. MacGuire Spiderman was ridiculously strong, stopping out of control trains and resisting mini-suns and such.

Username taken
05-05-2014, 02:19 AM
MacGuire Spider-man was hella strong but Garfield Spiderman is ridiculously fast and durable.

I will need to watch TASM 2 again but Garfield Spiderman seemed a bit above bullet timer.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 02:30 AM
Why bother to include the comic versions? Spidey is a bug to Loki, let alone with prep.

FrenchGemini
05-05-2014, 03:39 AM
MacGuire Spider-man was hella strong but Garfield Spiderman is ridiculously fast and durable.

I will need to watch TASM 2 again but Garfield Spiderman seemed a bit above bullet timer.

He was, between that scene where he jumps acrobatically in between bullets from a machine gun, and the one where his reflexes+spider sense allow him to see everyone he has to save from getting fried by Electro in Times Square.

And yeah, thanks to his TASM 2 feats (dude was strong enough to catch a car mid-flight and support its weight when landing, and durable enough to survive getting hit by Electro, who was shown to be able to kill people by making holes in their chests), he wins against Loki.

Mari
05-05-2014, 03:54 AM
Why bother to include the comic versions? Spidey is a bug to Loki, let alone with prep.

I concur with this statement, it seems that Loki's physical attributes, intelligence and magic ability is too much for Spiderman alone. Unless something occurred that would make it more even.

FennerMachine
05-05-2014, 04:16 AM
I didn't know how powerful comic Loki is.
Spider-man needs to hold off or evade Loki for a week. Not a 24x7 battle but Loki trying various schemes to capture Spider-man during the week. Is this impossible? Would Peter going on 'vacation' for a week help if Loki's plans are based on Spider-man being in New York? Or could Loki easily track him down?

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 04:31 AM
Is this impossible?

Yes. Loki has extremely powerful magic at his disposal. Even if Peter were to go to Dr. Strange for help, it still wouldn't be enough; Loki has trounced Strange before. And if, for some reason, Strange were able to pull off some kind of epic veiling spell, Loki could just fight fire with fire and call in the Enchantress to back him up.

Though really, the greater question would be what Loki wants with Peter in the first place.

FennerMachine
05-05-2014, 04:57 AM
Because he's Loki. He does mischievous things. No one really knows what Loki wants Spidey for but why take chances? So someone warned him.
Seems like a moot point though. As several have said Loki will probably, or definitely, get him. I thought Spidey might stand a chance to evade for a week if Loki is not bloodlusted. He's not trying to kill Spider-man but capture him.

Blackid
05-05-2014, 05:08 AM
Because he's Loki. He does mischievous things. No one really knows what Loki wants Spidey for but why take chances? So someone warned him.
Seems like a moot point though. As several have said Loki will probably, or definitely, get him. I thought Spidey might stand a chance to evade for a week if Loki is not bloodlusted. He's not trying to kill Spider-man but capture him.

The problem with evading a "god" is that they always have some way of being omniscient (all seeing)... Loki is known to look into crystal balls, cauldrons, etc and basically say "where's spiderman" and 'peekaboo I see you' him instantly.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 05:12 AM
Because he's Loki. He does mischievous things. No one really knows what Loki wants Spidey for but why take chances?

Good point. It would be foolish to assume capturing Spidey is the end goal; Loki would probably want to use him as a pawn to get to Thor. Or something like that.

He's not trying to kill Spider-man but capture him.

Which, for Loki, is a cakewalk. A simple scrying spell would reveal his location, and then it would be a simple matter to turn him into a frog in a magic glass case and teleport him to wherever Loki wants him to be. Loki has proven able to cast much bigger spells across dimensions, while chained up.

Dark Soul # 7
05-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Neither movie Spidey can actually hurt Loki all that much but he'd have a hard time tagging either one of them. So he probably gets webbed for his troubles, though he makes them work for it with those illusions of his.

FrenchGemini
05-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Neither movie Spidey can actually hurt Loki all that much but he'd have a hard time tagging either one of them. So he probably gets webbed for his troubles, though he makes them work for it with those illusions of his.

Meh, pretty sure that with his train-stopping feat, Maguire Spidey should have enough oomph to eventually knock Loki out. In the meantime, Loki should have a hard time tagging him.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 09:07 AM
In the meantime, Loki should have a hard time tagging him.

Didn't that staff have AoE blasts?

Dark Soul # 7
05-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Didn't that staff have AoE blasts?
Nope.

His biggest AoE was shoving the furniture in his cell around.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-05-2014, 09:49 AM
He was, between that scene where he jumps acrobatically in between bullets from a machine gun, and the one where his reflexes+spider sense allow him to see everyone he has to save from getting fried by Electro in Times Square.

And yeah, thanks to his TASM 2 feats (dude was strong enough to catch a car mid-flight and support its weight when landing, and durable enough to survive getting hit by Electro, who was shown to be able to kill people by making holes in their chests), he wins against Loki.

Should also be noted that he was able to, upon impact, flip over a bus that was in the process of flipping onto its side, land in front of it and stop it from tipping, saving the old dude and kid in front of him. Not nearly as strong as the train-stopping feat, but it's still a nice feat.

Not to mention the ludicrous soak Garfield Spidey had.

Or the missile slapping feat at the end.

Holacik
05-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Meh, pretty sure that with his train-stopping feat, Maguire Spidey should have enough oomph to eventually knock Loki out. In the meantime, Loki should have a hard time tagging him.

Loki is pretty damn good with those illusions, I can see him using that to beat him.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 10:26 AM
Loki is pretty damn good with those illusions, I can see him using that to beat him.

Would those trigger the Spider-Sense though?

frankiedetroit
05-05-2014, 10:30 AM

It's not a fist fight, though. And even if it was, Loki survived being rammed by the Hulk with such force that he flew across the room and smashed into the wall. Yet he immediately stood up and began pontificating before said pontificating was interrupted by said Hulk slamming him into the ground five times. At the end of that, Loki was certainly down for a 10 count, but his eyes were open and IIRC he was fully aware when the full team of Avengers showed up (an indeterminate amount of time later, but seemed like it wasn't TOO long).

Neither Spidey packs Hulk-like power so I'm not seeing either being able to stop Loki from completing his mission.

Godzilla2099
05-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Loki solos both.

Especially with prep time. He's got god knows how many years of experience, Loki is very clever, excellent with sorcery and illusions, and extremely durable.

He'd probably end up blackmailing both Spider-Men to fight each other, then trap them in ice cubes when he gets bored.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Loki survived being rammed by the Hulk with such force that he flew across the room and smashed into the wall.

One punch from an angry Hulk is probably equivalent to a hundred from Spider-Man. Loki's got the durability. And I'm pretty sure that in his many, many years of experience he's figured out how to deal with quick opponents.

Basara
05-05-2014, 08:47 PM

When Maguire Spidey tried to stop it by himself, he almost got himself killed. He needed a ton of webbing to assist him in stopping it and even with all that webbing assisting him, the feat knocked him out. Mr. Incredible Maguire Spidey isn't.

Meanwhile, Loki was going toe to toe with Thor in Avengers. You know, the guy who threw down with Hulk and Iron Man. Also, Loki takes explosives to the face and ends up unmarred. Maguire Spidey takes explosives to the face and ends up bloody. This guy is beyond even both Spideys working together.

Also, Loki is a master of illusion and neither movie Spidey has shown the ability to be able to see through illusions. Comic Spidey can, but comic Loki is so far above comic Spidey in terms of sheer raw power, that makes no difference.

This is a total curbstomp for Loki in all scenarios.

Radioactive Zombie
05-05-2014, 08:50 PM

Honestly, that scepter of his doesn't seem to be uber strong or homing or the like. I recall it being like a regular rifle.

If Spidey - either version - keeps his distance, he can keep him webbed up.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 09:04 PM
either version

He can't web up a guy who's casting magic on him from another dimension.

big_adventure
05-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Honestly, that scepter of his doesn't seem to be uber strong or homing or the like. I recall it being like a regular rifle.

If Spidey - either version - keeps his distance, he can keep him webbed up.

I strongly question whether the ASM webbing can hold Loki at all, given how easily the Lizard shredded the stuff.

Jonathan
05-05-2014, 11:52 PM
MacGuire Spiderman is stronger, faster and his spidersense can protect him from illusions; Loki can survive the beating, but that's not near enough to overcome MacGuire's advantages here.

FrenchGemini
05-06-2014, 12:09 AM
MacGuire Spiderman is stronger, faster and his spidersense can protect him from illusions; Loki can survive the beating, but that's not near enough to overcome MacGuire's advantages here.

When did Spider-Tobey show the ability to use the spider-sense against illusions? Just asking for the sake of asking, since they are a non-factor here.

Jonathan
05-06-2014, 12:33 AM
When did Spider-Tobey show the ability to use the spider-sense against illusions? Just asking for the sake of asking, since they are a non-factor here.

I guess you have a point, but he does have feats of it protecting him against the surprise attacks made on him through the use of disguise, which would essentially be the point of illusions anyways.

Regardless, illusions are Loki's one card here, against the many that Spidey has.

zhris
05-06-2014, 12:43 AM
There wouldn't be a fight. Loki would spend the first few days mesmerizing all of Spidey's loved ones, who would then be hidden in various places and commanded to harm themselves if he doesn't simply surrender.

Basara
05-06-2014, 01:43 AM
I guess you have a point, but he does have feats of it protecting him against the surprise attacks made on him through the use of disguise, which would essentially be the point of illusions anyways.

Illusions not only disguise, they also confuse, as Loki demonstrated twice against Thor. A Spidey that is dedicated to attacking what he thinks is Loki is wide open to attack from the real one. It's one of the reasons why a fully prepped Mysterio has given Spidey really difficult times in the comics. What Mysterio has to prep for, Loki can do in his sleep. This was the guy whom effortlessly made it look to all watching like he sacrificed himself when he killed Kurse. It's questionable that either Spidey is actually ever touching Loki because MCU Loki is that good at illusions.

Btw, the two Spidey match-up on Loki will be a absolute field day for Loki, as he casually has Maguire and Garfield attacking each other while thinking they are fighting real Loki. Sit back, relax, watch the two heroes tire themselves out dodging each other's attacks, kill winner. Game over.

Regardless, illusions are Loki's one card here, against the many that Spidey has.

Not even close to true. MCU Loki is far more durable and stronger than Spidey, and his magic isn't just limited to illusion. If either Spidey actually can manage to hit him (not an easy task without an AoE attack, just ask Thor), I doubt it will even hurt Loki.

There wouldn't be a fight. Loki would spend the first few days mesmerizing all of Spidey's loved ones, who would then be hidden in various places and commanded to harm themselves if he doesn't simply surrender.

It doesn't even have to be loved ones. Any innocent bystanders will do.

Oswin
05-06-2014, 05:46 AM
I have not seen the latest thor movie, are Loki's feats that much more impressive then in all the previous films? because from what i have seen you should not compare movie Loki to comic Mysterio AT ALL.

As for the fight, Im guessig the spider-sense's will help alot with the duplicates he makes.

big_adventure
05-06-2014, 07:49 AM
I have not seen the latest thor movie, are Loki's feats that much more impressive then in all the previous films? because from what i have seen you should not compare movie Loki to comic Mysterio AT ALL.

As for the fight, Im guessig the spider-sense's will help alot with the duplicates he makes.

Thing is, movie spider sense detects danger (sometimes, but whatever). If Loki simply illusioned ASM Spidey to look like Loki to SM Spidey, and vice-versa, they would likely pound each other into stuffing. That's the kind of thing that seems to be totally within the realm of his abilities. The Senses will (might?) detect the incoming punches, but they won't reveal what's behind the illusions. Now, I don't know that MCU Loki can actually do that, since he never does precisely that. All of his illusions in the films seem to affect everyone around the same way.

Surtur
05-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Meanwhile, Loki was going toe to toe with Thor in Avengers.

When did this happen? He certainly never went "toe to toe" with Thor. He got in maybe 2 good hits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzSXz-sxVKk

Thor essentially just beats the hell out of him. Then he stabs Thor..and Thor still continues to over power him and basically toss him aside. Loki has to roll off a building and land on a speeding flying..car thingy in order to escape. That is not really going "toe to toe" with Thor.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Thor essentially just beats the hell out of him. Then he stabs Thor..and Thor still continues to over power him and basically toss him aside. Loki has to roll off a building and land on a speeding flying..car thingy in order to escape. That is not really going "toe to toe" with Thor.

Thor was similarly not trying to go all "Hulk on his ass".

big_adventure
05-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Let's be fair, Loki is an excellent combatant who is significantly faster, stronger and tougher than MCU Captain America, but he peters out at "kind of holds his own against a not-trying-to-kill-him Thor." He no-sells combat rifle fire, he isn't especially hurt by one shot from Hulk, isn't especially hurt from getting repulsored a couple of times, isn't especially hurt from a shot or two from his brother, and isn't especially hurt by one of Clint's explosive arrows. He's pretty clearly in intense pain from the Hulk Smash ragdoll routine, but, when he gets up a little while later, he's in good enough shape to make jokes.

Basara
05-06-2014, 09:26 PM

He pulled off a complete room illusion where he and room looked nothing like the reality, and also a nice combat illusion that fooled everyone watching, pretty much on the fly.

They'll help when Loki is attacking Spider-Man, but not when Loki does something other than attack. For example, Loki can make Spidey think his webbing is meaningless when his illusion self casually tears through illusion webbing. He can also make Spidey break his hands on the arena wall thinking he is hitting Loki while wondering how Loki can laugh at his hardest punches.

Seriously, the frequency of Loki pulling the "I'm suddenly somewhere else" on Thor in the middle of combat means Spidey would likely never, ever touch Loki except by sheer luck. Given the durability feats he showed in Avengers, a lucky hit isn't even going to hurt Loki.

UFT
05-16-2014, 01:12 AM
loki never struck me as a speedster.
spiderman can keep on landing punches and loki cant do very much about it except try to hit him with his staff blasts or freeze ray

Bluekey
05-16-2014, 02:02 AM
Spidey's got the strength and speed, Loki's got the durability.

flip a coin.

Basara
05-16-2014, 04:46 AM
loki never struck me as a speedster.
spiderman can keep on landing punches and loki cant do very much about it except try to hit him with his staff blasts or freeze ray

You're forgetting Loki's magic, which includes his fantastic use of illusions over areas. Spidey cannot hit what he can not see. And if you're thinking Spidey is hitting Loki at the beginning, keep in mind two things:

1) Loki has pulled the "I'm suddenly not where you thought I was" on Thor twice. Whether this was by illusion plus teleportation, illusion and speed, or just plain Loki is that damn good at messing with one's mind, it doesn't really matter. When Thor reached for or lunged at Loki, Loki simply was elsewhere.

2) Even if Spidey lands a lucky first hit on Loki, it won't do much against a guy who withstood hits from Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Hulk without a scratch. After that, Spidey will never hit him again. Spider sense is great for detecting danger, but worthless at penetrating illusion when Loki is using it defensely.

Loki is a foe whom can make everyone watching believe he just died a noble death when the reality was he was never injured. There's all manners of freaky things he can make Spidey see or believe. It's definately within Loki's capabilities to make Spider-Man believe he's wailing on Loki, getting ever angrier and punching harder as Loki laughs at his strongest punches, only to realize he's been punching the ground or wall instead, both injuring himself and tiring himself out.

Also, Loki can attack with impunity by putting illusion selves all around the arena, attack from a good distance away, and just be elsewhere by the time Spidey dodges and attacks. Spidey will tire himself out trying to figure out which is the real Loki and honestly, he will never, ever, find the trickster because he doesnt have a nifty AoE attack that can stun Loki like Thor does. Spidey will tire eventually and then it's over for him.

It's seriously that easy for MCU Loki to win against movie Spider-Man.