PDA

View Full Version : Batman Vs. Iron man ?

Laufyson
05-05-2014, 11:22 AM
C'mon, whats everyones opinon?

Jabare
05-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Batman makes better movies but Ironman would win in a fight.

Also this should be in the rumbles section or does that no longer exist?

zhris
05-05-2014, 12:19 PM
My opinion is this is in the wrong forum (http://community.comicbookresources.com/forumdisplay.php?20-Comic-Book-Rumbles).

Matt the Manly
05-05-2014, 12:33 PM
C'mon, whats everyones opinon?

My opinion is that you need to ask a Mod to shift this to the rumbles forum

Also I seriously hope you dont mean a straight up fight between the characters

big_adventure
05-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Batman stands no chance against Iron Man, prepped or unprepped. Prepped, Stark is in a completely different league than Bruce, and unprepped, well, there is nothing Bruce carries that can even wake Tony up in armor.

Guy1
05-05-2014, 03:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FNn6IlhQtc
;)

Pendaran
05-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Batman gets blown up into tiny, tiny, tiny pieces.

KJS
05-05-2014, 03:59 PM
I must ask... what were you expecting the answers to be?

The Drunkard Kid
05-05-2014, 05:37 PM

"Ends in sex," obviously.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 08:23 PM

MONEY FIGHT! (http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l619cbTMCH1qztjn5o1_500.gif)

UFT
05-16-2014, 02:23 AM
in a fight: tony
in intelligence: probably batman overall.

Jonathan
05-16-2014, 02:31 AM
While I enjoy the Batman movies more, the only way Batman wins this fight is if he gets one-sided prep.

master of read
05-16-2014, 02:32 AM

batman is the better detective but overall intelligence goes to tony. he invents shit before lunch that bruce couldnt never do in his life time.

big_adventure
05-16-2014, 04:05 AM

Where on Earth does that second part come from?

Just off the top of my head, here are 5 things Tony's done that Bruce couldn't even understand the documentation of:

1. Extremis
2. Repulsors
3. Total stat-enhancing, super-tough, flying, weaponized armor that stores itself in your bones
4. Universe-scale FTL equipment integrated into skin-tight armor that does a million other things
5. Energy absorption tech capable of absorbing nuke-level stuff and reusing it

Note, there are a TON of other things available here - these were just the first 5.

Tony Stark
05-16-2014, 04:08 AM
Without a doubt Iron Man!

byc
05-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Tony surpasses Bruce in many ways, including number of women bedded.

MorphyVSFischer
05-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Where on Earth does that second part come from?

Just off the top of my head, here are 5 things Tony's done that Bruce couldn't even understand the documentation of:

1. Extremis
2. Repulsors
3. Total stat-enhancing, super-tough, flying, weaponized armor that stores itself in your bones
4. Universe-scale FTL equipment integrated into skin-tight armor that does a million other things
5. Energy absorption tech capable of absorbing nuke-level stuff and reusing it

Note, there are a TON of other things available here - these were just the first 5.

So Tony's a better scientist which we already knew. Overall implies y'know all level's of intelligence, not just science.
Batman is a better:
Detective
Escape artist
Has degree's in biology, criminology, psychology.

Anarchist
05-16-2014, 01:43 PM
MONEY FIGHT! (http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l619cbTMCH1qztjn5o1_500.gif)

Stark (when he isn't broke) surpasses Bruce even in that capacity by a longshot.
I mean he has enough money to build a fucking Dyson Sphere!

Shellhead
05-16-2014, 10:17 PM
Tony might be a worse businessman than Bruce.

MichaelC
05-16-2014, 10:40 PM
Has Bruce really been tested much in this regard? For the most part, Wayne's company is treated as just a plot-device to explain why he has so much time and money to devote to being a vigilante. Stark has multiple enemies who focus on corporate espionage, corporate takeovers, and corporate-related political maneuvering. He's under such perpetual siege that he gave up his most recent company simply because they weren't safe so long as he was a part of it.

Fast
05-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Has Bruce really been tested much in this regard? For the most part, Wayne's company is treated as just a plot-device to explain why he has so much time and money to devote to being a vigilante. Stark has multiple enemies who focus on corporate espionage, corporate takeovers, and corporate-related political maneuvering. He's under such perpetual siege that he gave up his most recent company simply because they weren't safe so long as he was a part of it.

He has been tested a bit in this regard I believe but not to the extent of Tony IIRC.

lavalampchamp
05-17-2014, 12:39 AM
Ever had roasted bat? Catching my drift?

Pendaran
05-17-2014, 02:09 AM

Outmaneuvered Lex Luthor business wise at various points, so yeah, he's actually pretty quality in that arena.

heretic
05-17-2014, 08:13 AM
C'mon, whats everyones opinon?Honestly? Wayne wipes the floor with Stark... in a purely hand-to-hand match.

In terms of business skill? They are both good but Wayne is _slightly_ more willing to be flat-out underhanded when pressed.

However Stark is the better inventor and (of course) his armor/toys are orders of magnitude more fearsome.

Neowing
05-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Iron Man would win this match easily.

Alan2099
05-17-2014, 08:43 AM
In terms of business skill I'm not actually sure what Bruce does.

While Tony on the other hand has lost his company a time or three, he's also built brand new multibillion dollar companies from scratch with nothing but his own know how and inventions

Pendaran
05-17-2014, 12:40 PM
In terms of business skill I'm not actually sure what Bruce does.

Bought a company out from under Luthor, arranged for various acts of fraud on his part to be uncovered to leverage him by, create an elaborate shell game of holding companies and slush funds to fund his Batman activities such that it took Ra's Al Ghul trying to follow the trail of it before anyone managed to tie all of that to Bruce Wayne (to which in response Batman further scattered and obfuscated things), so forth.

Captain Smith
05-17-2014, 03:28 PM
Has degree's in biology, criminology, psychology.

No offense but the latter two degrees are not an indication of extreme intelligence nowadays.

Primetime Harder
05-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Timmverse Batgod could take Tony in a brawl. That's about it.

(Well, maybe '66 Batman, by virtue of Bat-Iron-Man-Repellent Spray).

Praxis
05-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Bought a company out from under Luthor, arranged for various acts of fraud on his part to be uncovered to leverage him by, create an elaborate shell game of holding companies and slush funds to fund his Batman activities such that it took Ra's Al Ghul trying to follow the trail of it before anyone managed to tie all of that to Bruce Wayne (to which in response Batman further scattered and obfuscated things), so forth.

That shows that Bruce is pretty good at managing him companies considerable resources.

However if you take Tony and Bruce and give them both a small amount of seed money and say, lets see who can build the biggest company quickest. I'd pick Tony. He is a much better entrepreneur than Bruce.

dupersuper
05-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Timmverse Batgod could take Tony in a brawl. That's about it.

(Well, maybe '66 Batman, by virtue of Bat-Iron-Man-Repellent Spray).

If 66 Batman has a shot, Superfriends and Brave&Bold Batman likely would to...

Primetime Harder
05-19-2014, 09:19 PM
If 66 Batman has a shot, Superfriends and Brave&Bold Batman likely would to...

It was more of a gag, but now that I think of it, B&tB Bats would fare pretty well. He had crazy tech (bat-lightsaber, anyone?) and some damn decent feats, i.e. punching bowling balls into powder.

big_adventure
05-19-2014, 10:19 PM
B&tB Bats would fare pretty well. He had crazy tech (bat-lightsaber, anyone?) and some damn decent feats, i.e. punching bowling balls into powder.

Yeah, not so much, since he'll a) never touch Stark, and b) punching bowling balls to powder is a level of force Stark won't even notice unless PEPPER (the suit AI that replaced JARVIS) tells him about. As far as tech, well, Tony sees your Bat Lightsaber and raises you "builds planet-destroying bombs" and "makes tech that messes with the Phoenix Force" and "Clones Thor and makes a tech equivalent of his hammer" and such.

Pendaran
05-20-2014, 06:48 AM
He did the last one with help (and even then the clone was inferior to the real thing in various ways including "not get ripped to pieces by Hercules"), and the second one is frankly a bridge well too far. And frankly the first sounds like an Illuminati project.

big_adventure
05-20-2014, 07:04 AM
He did the last one with help (and even then the clone was inferior to the real thing in various ways including "not get ripped to pieces by Hercules"), and the second one is frankly a bridge well too far. And frankly the first sounds like an Illuminati project.

None of those things are false, and all of them are still a couple of dozens of orders of magnitude past "punching a bowling ball into dust" :-)

Pendaran
05-20-2014, 07:12 AM
I'm not sayin he doesn't waste B&B Bats on all levels, I'm just sayin, that stuff isn't the suite of accomplishments to note for why.

big_adventure
05-20-2014, 07:34 AM
I'm not sayin he doesn't waste B&B Bats on all levels, I'm just sayin, that stuff isn't the suite of accomplishments to note for why.

Fair enough - they were just the couple things that immediately popped into mind for whatever reason, and I posted knowing that they were neither his "best" showings nor particularly perfect given the circumstances surrounding them. Tony doesn't really need his best feats to punish poor B&B Batman. He just needs feats from, well, the 60's. :-)

Slade1
05-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Pitting a street leveler against a mid leveler is never going to end well for the street level guy. Not to mention it's not much of a debate.