PDA

View Full Version : Captain America vs Batman in an EXTREME RULES MATCH

Matt the Manly
05-05-2014, 01:05 PM
so here's the return of an old classic in a new format.

This is an extreme rules match between Cap and Bruce to decide who is the best once and for all

Victory by Pinfall or Submission

They dont start with any equipment/gadgets/ armours

They face off inside a WWE ring and can use any of the usual equipment found under the ring( chairs/kendo sticks/ sledge hammers)

No Interference

No countouts either but they cant leave the arena

Who wins this Clash of The Titans?:)

And oh the fight took place at WM XXX instead of the Undertaker fight, which never happened:(

MorphyVSFischer
05-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Batman wins after the bat family stable runs in and Cass hits Cap with a steel chair.

Holacik
05-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Batman wins after the bat family stable runs in and Cass hits Cap with a steel chair.

Only heels do Run-ins. Batman would fight one-on-one.

MorphyVSFischer
05-05-2014, 02:29 PM

I can think of several examples to the contrary of a face running in.

Holacik
05-05-2014, 02:33 PM
I can think of several examples to the contrary of a face running in.

For the benefit of the face without a Heel doing something unscrupulous before hand?

Vakanai
05-05-2014, 02:37 PM

Batman's kind of like the good guy version of a heel. Make plans to take out your teammates, thinks having his own spy satellite is ethically sound, has a wicked pimp slap.
He's like the essence of heel, only ya know heroic and stuff.

zhris
05-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Not being too hip on the wrestling lingo (I stopped watching back in the Road Warrior days), I'd say it comes down to the shield; if Cap has it, he wins. Without it, Bats will stomp him.

Holacik
05-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Not being too hip on the wrestling lingo (I stopped watching back in the Road Warrior days), I'd say it comes down to the shield; if Cap has it, he wins. Without it, Bats will stomp him.

...Bats would stomp? Why would you say that?

Holacik
05-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Batman's kind of like the good guy version of a heel. Make plans to take out your teammates, thinks having his own spy satellite is ethically sound, has a wicked pimp slap.
He's like the essence of heel, only ya know heroic and stuff.

So basically, Batman is John Cena.

master of read
05-05-2014, 03:01 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3f/3fc6dde7226ee73bf8a2529a2df228280fd4b27bd839dd71a4 e737b3b13c909e.jpg
nuff said.

big_adventure
05-05-2014, 03:34 PM
In pure, unarmed HtH, Steve should win the slight majority against preNu Bruce. They are roughly equal in strength, speed and agility, but Steve has the benefit of greater endurance. I can't see what would have changed this since the last several times this exact fight was presented.

zhris
05-05-2014, 04:16 PM
...Bats would stomp? Why would you say that?

Just my opinion. Steve's entire fighting style revolves around his shield, it's a fundamental part of his arsenal; not having it gives him a disadvantage, which is just slight enough for Bruce to beat him. Given that they are pretty much equals physically, it all comes down to who's the better hand to hand fighter, and Bruce's more extensive and varied training should put him ahead.

Pendaran
05-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Just my opinion. Steve's entire fighting style revolves around his shield, it's a fundamental part of his arsenal; not having it gives him a disadvantage, which is just slight enough for Bruce to beat him. Given that they are pretty much equals physically, it all comes down to who's the better hand to hand fighter, and Bruce's more extensive and varied training should put him ahead.

Guy fights plenty of times without the shield, he's shown as just fine without it.

master of read
05-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Guy fights plenty of times without the shield, he's shown as just fine without it.

batroc made that assumption in "the winter solider". it didnt end too well for him.

zhris
05-05-2014, 04:55 PM

batroc made that assumption in "the winter solider". it didnt end too well for him.

My mistake then, I'm not as familiar with Cap as I am with Batman.

KingEli
05-05-2014, 05:47 PM

I would agree with that but the fact the Avengers would probably run-in as soon as the bell rings makes that moot.

Matt the Manly
05-05-2014, 06:30 PM
ok just to put a stop to this

NO INTERFERENCE ALLOWED

Blackid
05-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Shoot, even if he didn't have his shield the OP stated that weapons are the usual from under the ring. that means chairs are under there... and that's very close to a shield if you hold it right.. And with his strength he could Frisbee launch them with accuracy and speed!

Pendaran
05-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Shoot, even if he didn't have his shield the OP stated that weapons are the usual from under the ring. that means chairs are under there... and that's very close to a shield if you hold it right.. And with his strength he could Frisbee launch them with accuracy and speed!

I'm inclined to say that neither are likely to have any kind of opening in fighting each other that would let them try and go for weapons under the ring. That would basically just be exposing themselves to free hits.

Basara
05-05-2014, 08:27 PM

Heh, that mirrors comic Batroc making the same assumption against comic Cap. That's a nice detail to add to the movie. Villains always seem to think Cap is helpless without the shield and they usually end up tasting a Cap special order knuckle sandwich before going night night.

Vakanai
05-08-2014, 08:07 AM
So basically, Batman is John Cena.

Of the superhero world, yeah pretty much.

Slade1
05-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Slight edge to Cap. Batman has the edge in standard equipment due to utility belt but Cap is not as nerfed without his shield. He's also slightly faster, stronger and more durable. Skill wise is probably a wash.