PDA

View Full Version : The Shield vs. The NWO

Kusanagi
05-05-2014, 04:56 PM
The Hounds of Justice Reigns, Ambrose, and Rollins take on the original NWO Hall, Nash, and Hogan. Can the current super team take out one of the more legendary stables.

1: Standard six man tag
2: Extreme Rules
3: TLC Match

master of read
05-05-2014, 05:25 PM
i'm leaning towards the shield. they beat evolution in a hellish war and evolution is the most decorated stable in wrestling.

Saitou Hajime
05-05-2014, 06:34 PM
The nWo probably take 1 and 2, while the Shield takes 3.

Ite
05-05-2014, 07:11 PM
The nWo take all 3.

master of read
05-05-2014, 08:09 PM
The nWo take all 3.

considering it took 11 guys, plus evolution, to beat them down, i doubt hogan, hall, and nash can beat them straight up.

Ite
05-05-2014, 09:59 PM
considering it took 11 guys, plus evolution, to beat them down, i doubt hogan, hall, and nash can beat them straight up.

Meaning nothing at all. Things like that happen all the time. Sting beat up the entire nWo. Sting would not beat Hall, Nash and Hogan in a match.

master of read
05-06-2014, 10:30 AM
Meaning nothing at all. Things like that happen all the time. Sting beat up the entire nWo. Sting would not beat Hall, Nash and Hogan in a match.

no it does not. the shield has been one of the most dominate groups in wrestling history that, outside of the wyatts, no one has been able to really been able to beat on a consistent level. for the past year, many three man teams, some including john cena, tried to beat them and all failed. it wasn't until daniel bryan, kane, and randy orton that they met their first loss and even then, they got their win back with interest. the reason why the wyatts have solid wins over them is due to them being as strong as the shield as group, thrives on chaos as much as them, and has teamwork rivaling their own. so unless hogan, hall, and nash, as a 3 man team, has that level of dominance and coordination as the shield, i dont see them winning.

The Immortal Watch Dog
05-06-2014, 12:09 PM

Hulk Hogans not somebody the Shield are at a level where they can deal with, especially Douchebag "wont let Sting go over him buries everybody" Hogan..Undertaker and Goldberg are really the only wrestlers keyfabe wise that I recall being a threat to Hogan at his worse

Captain Morgan
05-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Hulk Hogans not somebody the Shield are at a level where they can deal with, especially Douchebag "wont let Sting go over him buries everybody" Hogan..Undertaker and Goldberg are really the only wrestlers keyfabe wise that I recall being a threat to Hogan at his worse

Waaaaait... Immortal Watch Dog is back?

The Immortal Watch Dog
05-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Waaaaait... Immortal Watch Dog is back?

I wanted Watchers permission first, out of respect for everything he's done for the place but yeah, I have returned.

The hell did you people do to my yard while I was gone? Jeeessus:p

Captain Morgan
05-06-2014, 12:46 PM
I wanted Watchers permission first, out of respect for everything he's done for the place but yeah, I have returned.

The hell did you people do to my yard while I was gone? Jeeessus:p

Welcome back to the land of the living then, dude.

The Immortal Watch Dog
05-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Welcome back to the land of the living then, dude.

it's good to be back, though I wont "feel" back until I rage at some goofall:p

MorphyVSFischer
05-06-2014, 01:32 PM

The dude did beat sting but he wasn't really that dominate as a recall. I mean Shield beat Cena which I would call pretty close to beating Hogan from that era.
Also consider.
Hogan is a fairly main event heel. Nash a little less so. Hall is a real weak leak for the NWO.

master of read
05-06-2014, 02:01 PM
The dude did bit sting but he wasn't really that dominate as a recall. I mean Shield beat Cena which I would call pretty close to beating Hogan from that era.

hollywood hogan was more douchy than dominate. really, the only reason the NWO was a threat was because of how big they got. it seemed like every week, someone else joined up and they just kept getting bigger. i dont remember the starting trio dominating much other than just cheating to win, which means jack to the shield.

the shield, OTOH, beat everyone that came their way, from tag champions, main-eventers, hot talent and world champion. now sure they got beat down by 11 guys but then they beat the shit out of 10 of those guys throughout smackdown. when it was a 5 on 3 handicap match, del rio and BNB left the match midway because they saw that they were gonna lose. that had 5 on 3 and still thought they were gonna lose.

also, glad to see ya back, watchdog.

Iron_Twister
05-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Rewatching most of Sting's actions in 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3mW0pRIY9g

It's kind of hilarious how close to useless the nWo react whenever Sting goes Batman on their asses. XD

But yeah, thing bout the Shield is that...Well, at their A-Game are they're downright vicious in a fight. And Reigns...God damn, moments he was powering out of well known finishers that are supposedly effective by sheer strength (Cena's STF, Bray's Sister Abigail, and Kane's Chokeslam etc) while also at times flooring people with a flying fist? Holy smokes.

master of read
05-06-2014, 02:58 PM
Rewatching most of Sting's actions in 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3mW0pRIY9g

It's kind of hilarious how close to useless the nWo react whenever Sting goes Batman on their asses. XD

But yeah, thing bout the Shield is that...Well, at their A-Game are they're downright vicious in a fight.

yeah, the shield in 3 on 3 matches are at their best, even better when its highly chaotic.

wjowski
05-06-2014, 04:12 PM

If they can beat Evolution they can beat the NWO. Triple H is as dominant as Hollywood Hogan ever was.

master of read
05-06-2014, 04:52 PM
If they can beat Evolution they can beat the NWO. Triple H is as dominant as Hollywood Hogan ever was.

and the past raw it took both evolution and wyatts to beat down the shield. one of the greatest stables ever and one of the top heel stable in wrestling today had to team against 3 guys.

Kusanagi
05-06-2014, 05:02 PM
The big thing about the Shield is that even when they were heels they were beating guys like Cena, Orton, Sheamus and others clean. Now that they're faces they've just kept rolling along. Hollywood Hogan is not prime Hogan he had a lot more cowardly heel tactics, and a lot of interference. Favoring the Shield in all three.

Now another question what stable (outside the Wyatts who are just as crazy) would be a good match. 3 of the Four Horseman perhaps, maybe a combination of HHH and prime New Age Outlaws?

master of read
05-06-2014, 05:09 PM
The big thing about the Shield is that even when they were heels they were beating guys like Cena, Orton, Sheamus and others clean. Now that they're faces they've just kept rolling along. Hollywood Hogan is not prime Hogan he had a lot more cowardly heel tactics, and a lot of interference. Favoring the Shield in all three.

Now another question what stable (outside the Wyatts who are just as crazy) would be a good match. 3 of the Four Horseman perhaps, maybe a combination of HHH and prime New Age Outlaws?

it cant be just a random combination of talent. to really beat the shield, you gotta have a deep and long history as a team, not to mention above top tier team work. the wyatt have that in spades, which is why its such a coin flip when its them vs. the shield.

Syrile Demonthyst
05-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Hmm....
Probably The Shield, to be honest.. Dudes are incredible.

Oh yeah.. And First post! :)

Holacik
05-06-2014, 05:32 PM
The Shield has beaten the following people in three man Tag Matches: John Cena, Evolution (Batista, Triple H Randy Orton), Daniel Bryan, Kane, Big Show, Sheamus, Ryback (back when Ryback was a big deal only losing to Punk because well Shield), Mark Henry, Christian, Big E, Alberto Del Rio, The Usos, and many many more.

Individually, Reigns is tied with the most eliminations in a Survivor series match, the most eliminations in a Rumble match, has powered out of the STFU (I don't think anyone has ever done that.

They also have experience in a TLC beating Daniel Bryan, Kane and Ryback in their match. The only one on team NWO that has Ladder match experience (worth noting) is Scott Hall.

The Shield takes match 1 and 2, and completely dominate match 3.

Syrile Demonthyst
05-06-2014, 05:34 PM
The Shield has beaten the following people in three man Tag Matches: John Cena, Evolution (Batista, Triple H Randy Orton), Daniel Bryan, Kane, Big Show, Sheamus, Ryback (back when Ryback was a big deal only losing to Punk because well Shield), Mark Henry, Christian, Big E, Alberto Del Rio, The Usos, and many many more.

Individually, Reigns is tied with the most eliminations in a Survivor series match, the most eliminations in a Rumble match, has powered out of the STFU (I don't think anyone has ever done that.

They also have experience in a TLC beating Daniel Bryan, Kane and Ryback in their match. The only one on team NWO that has Ladder match experience (worth noting) is Scott Hall.

The Shield takes match 1 and 2, and completely dominate match 3.

You forgot that they also beat Daniel Bryan, Kane and The Undertaker...
Also.. Is Undertaker the only person to kick out of The Spear from Reigns still??

master of read
05-06-2014, 05:41 PM
You forgot that they also beat Daniel Bryan, Kane and The Undertaker...
Also.. Is Undertaker the only person to kick out of The Spear from Reigns still??

i think that was back when his spear wasn't the be-all end all that it is now.

http://i.imgur.com/X5Mwg7i.gif

Syrile Demonthyst
05-06-2014, 05:43 PM
i think that was back when his spear wasn't the be-all end all that it is now.

http://i.imgur.com/X5Mwg7i.gif

Ah yeah... before they billed it as brutal-murder-death... Still, it was CM Punk. Nothing to scoff at.
I remember them saying that The Undertaker was the first in that match and was not sure if there were others since is all.

master of read
05-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Ah yeah... before they billed it as brutal-murder-death... Still, it was CM Punk. Nothing to scoff at.
I remember them saying that The Undertaker was the first in that match and was not sure if there were others since is all.

there might be others but i cant remember this point but the number must be pretty low.

although i dont see hogan, hall or nash taking his superman punch.

http://i.imgur.com/dWL9v3U.gif

Syrile Demonthyst
05-06-2014, 05:49 PM
there might be others but i cant remember this point but the number must be pretty low.

although i dont see hogan, hall or nash taking his superman punch.

http://i.imgur.com/dWL9v3U.gif

Hmm.. Probably not with those incarnations..
NWO was billed pretty powerfully in random brawls but in-ring, they were worse than most of their previous incarnations. Hogan and Nash especially.

master of read
05-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Hmm.. Probably not with those incarnations..
NWO was billed pretty powerfully in random brawls but in-ring, they were worse than most of their previous incarnations. Hogan and Nash especially.

the strength of the NWO was numbers. they were the biggest stable ever created. the problem is 90-95% of their numbers were no name jabronis, has-beens, never-weres, jobbers, and chumps that would've been lucky to get into the mid card, let alone main event. the shield and wyatts are strong because all their members can go in the ring.

Syrile Demonthyst
05-06-2014, 05:56 PM
the strength of the NWO was numbers. they were the biggest stable ever created. the problem is 90-95% of their numbers were no name jabronis, has-beens, never-weres, jobbers, and chumps that would've been lucky to get into the mid card, let alone main event. the shield and wyatts are strong because all their members can go in the ring.

In the beginning they were billed very solid. Powerful in brawls, good in the ring. It was not until a bit (not very long, mind) later that they became hideously watered down.

Primetime Harder
05-06-2014, 06:01 PM
OK, question. Does the WWF still operate on Rule of Cool, or have they completely given that up in favor of the sweat-soaked-soap-opera routine?

If the former, I think the nWo takes it. They were cool.

master of read
05-06-2014, 06:05 PM
In the beginning they were billed very solid. Powerful in brawls, good in the ring. It was not until a bit (not very long, mind) later that they became hideously watered down.

true but that alone wont able to stop the shield. brawls and chaotic situations always favor the shield since they have great team work.

ambross has the most charisma. he can give as good as he gets and his unpredictable. just when you think he down, BOOM! the titty master jumps you from behind.

rollins has the most skill. he can wrestle with guys like daniel bryan and punk. not to mention, he flies like nobody's business.

reigns has the most potential. he's strong, athletic, and can match strength with the strongest guys on roster.

master of read
05-06-2014, 06:07 PM
OK, question. Does the WWF still operate on Rule of Cool, or have they completely given that up in favor of the sweat-soaked-soap-opera routine?

If the former, I think the nWo takes it. They were cool.

even if its rule of cool, shield still takes it. something about them gets the crowd hyped up and have people going nuts. i can tell you this much. i was jizzing my ass off when wyatt/shield was announced for EC. even before the match began, the crowd was going apeshit and chanting "this is awesome!" and they were just standing in the ring, staring each other down.

Syrile Demonthyst
05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
true but that alone wont able to stop the shield. brawls and chaotic situations always favor the shield since they have great team work.

ambross has the most charisma. he can give as good as he gets and his unpredictable. just when you think he down, BOOM! the titty master jumps you from behind.

rollins has the most skill. he can wrestle with guys like daniel bryan and punk. not to mention, he flies like nobody's business.

reigns has the most potential. he's strong, athletic, and can match strength with the strongest guys on roster.

Oh, I agree entirely.
The Shield has a massive advantage from the teamwork.
And I am sure they win.

master of read
05-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Oh, I agree entirely.
The Shield has a massive advantage from the teamwork.
And I am sure they win.

i know you do. :D

i just wanted to put that info out there.

Syrile Demonthyst
05-06-2014, 06:11 PM
even if its rule of cool, shield still takes it. something about them gets the crowd hyped up and have people going nuts. i can tell you this much. i was jizzing my ass off when wyatt/shield was announced for EC. even before the match began, the crowd was going apeshit and chanting "this is awesome!" and they were just standing in the ring, staring each other down.

Absolutely!
That match was amazing. Just knowing that match was going to happen was amazing.
By far the largest pool of talent the WWE has (future potential anyway) in one ring.
Everything Bray Wyatt touches is platinum (gold is not enough) and The Shield.. is The Shield. Hell, Luke Harper is insanely impressive as well.

master of read
05-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Absolutely!
That match was amazing. Just knowing that match was going to happen was amazing.
By far the largest pool of talent the WWE has (future potential anyway) in one ring.
Everything Bray Wyatt touches is platinum (gold is not enough) and The Shield.. is The Shield. Hell, Luke Harper is insanely impressive as well.

luke harper is so damn good. how many near 7ft-ers can do a hurricarana and look good. that match is definitely MOTY material.

Syrile Demonthyst
05-06-2014, 06:18 PM
luke harper is so damn good. how many near 7ft-ers can do a hurricarana and look good. that match is definitely MOTY material.

Yes, he is awesome. That closeline of his is incredible as well.
And I agree, it is definitely up there. That and Bray v DB at The Rumble are my favorites so far.

wjowski
05-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Honestly maybe...Angle+Edge+Christian might be able to do it? Or maybe post-WM Daniel Bryan.

Iron_Twister
05-06-2014, 06:23 PM
I admit, both the Shield and the Wyatts really put my interest on WWE these days.

As for the Shield, not only is their teamwork damn solid, each member has proven to be just as good in individual matches.

Not knocking on the nWo but frankly, Shield is just too good and their match with Evolution really tops off their impressive career.

master of read
05-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Honestly maybe...Angle+Edge+Christian might be able to do it? Or maybe post-WM Daniel Bryan.

hmmmm it would have to be a prime angle/edge/christian and then you'd have a match.

master of read
05-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I admit, both the Shield and the Wyatts really put my interest on WWE these days.

As for the Shield, not only is their teamwork damn solid, each member has proven to be just as good in individual matches.

Not knocking on the nWo but frankly, Shield is just too good and their match with Evolution really tops off their impressive career.

not to mention some of the young rising talent like cesaro. that guy is gonna be world champ.

Iron_Twister
05-06-2014, 06:37 PM
not to mention some of the young rising talent like cesaro. that guy is gonna be world champ.

Really, Cesaro is great. XD

And:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRlFn6dxxj4

While this is obviously not something to be taken seriously...I find the commentary and how the computer (no one is playing, it's com vs com) plays out hilarious in this video.

Holacik
05-06-2014, 09:07 PM
Despite the worst Raw of the year, the Talent pool in WWE is great, The Shield, The Wyatts, Bryan, cesaro just to name a few. The future is bright.

alex
05-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Hogan and Nash don't job to a bunch of midgets, brother.

Surtur
05-07-2014, 04:56 AM
evolution is the most decorated stable in wrestling.

This makes me sad.

Zodisfaction
05-07-2014, 05:18 AM
The Shield, but only because I'm so sick of Hogan.

Holacik
05-07-2014, 05:48 AM
This makes me sad.

Eh, it wasn't really while they were together. Batista didn't win any of his main titles while in Evolution, Orton only won one (and then got the boot).

byc
05-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Rule of cool? nWo. It was so cool that it started wrestling's previous golden age, then WWE carried it further with Austin.

nWo was so cool that they sold more merch than everybody else.

nWo doesn't necessarily win matches, but they tend to win feuds via 10 on 1 tactics.

Little_Mac
05-07-2014, 09:12 AM

If it's JUST those six guys in the ring with no interference at all, Shield wins all three. They are the better wrestlers and Nash's leg is such a bad weak spot for the Nwo. They are the better technical wrestlers and have better endurance.

But they can't carry a company YET by themselves. They are main-event calibre, but unproven to be the main storyline of the company for the entire year. They haven't gotten the attention of the outside world. As promo artist, they are good, but only by themselves. They have the potential, but need a bit of help.

So, after noticing this, Hogan speaks to Eric Bischoff. Eric steps in.

There will be referee cheating. Fast counts. Disqualification of the Superman punch. There will be run-ins among run-ins. The foreign weapons will come out. There will be pre-matches before the main event.

Eric makes their lives a living hell. He is worse than Stephanie/HHH has been in the last three months. NWO will win the normal match and Extreme Rules. TLC still might go the other way. Age matters.

It's not what you know, it's WHO you know in this case.

Saitou Hajime
05-07-2014, 05:32 PM
So, after noticing this, Hogan speaks to Eric Bischoff. Eric steps in.

There will be referee cheating. Fast counts. Disqualification of the Superman punch. There will be run-ins among run-ins. The foreign weapons will come out. There will be pre-matches before the main event.

Eric makes their lives a living hell. He is worse than Stephanie/HHH has been in the last three months. NWO will win the normal match and Extreme Rules. TLC still might go the other way. Age matters.

It's not what you know, it's WHO you know in this case.

The Shield wait for the nWo in the ring expecting a straight up match, when a net drops from the ceiling and pins them down. Then the nWo destroy them with baseball bats and cattle prods.

Or they ambush them while their enroute to the arena with a hummer or a semi truck.

master of read
05-07-2014, 05:46 PM
The Shield wait for the nWo in the ring expecting a straight up match, when a net drops from the ceiling and pins them down. Then the nWo destroy them with baseball bats and cattle prods.

Or they ambush them while their enroute to the arena with a hummer or a semi truck.

the next night, the shield systematically take out the entire group until its only hogan left.

byc
05-07-2014, 06:24 PM
the next night, the shield systematically take out the entire group until its only hogan left.

And then Ambrose takes off his gear to reveal a nWo t-shirt underneath!

master of read
05-07-2014, 06:29 PM
And then Ambrose takes off his gear to reveal a nWo t-shirt underneath!

naw. nwo is too weak for the titty master.

Saitou Hajime
05-07-2014, 07:31 PM

The nWo stick together. The Shield haven't proven they can take a dozen guys en masse yet, much ones that are actually smart enough to cheat liberally.

master of read
05-07-2014, 07:40 PM
The nWo stick together. The Shield haven't proven they can take a dozen guys en masse yet, much ones that are actually smart enough to cheat liberally.

like i mentioned, they took out the group of guys who beat them down, in groups no less. when the match came that same night, it was 5 on 3. barrett and ADR left the match midway because they knew they wouldnt win. 5 on 3 and it was a losing situation for the 5 guys.

Saitou Hajime
05-08-2014, 01:01 AM
like i mentioned, they took out the group of guys who beat them down, in groups no less. when the match came that same night, it was 5 on 3. barrett and ADR left the match midway because they knew they wouldnt win. 5 on 3 and it was a losing situation for the 5 guys.

The Shield didn't beat those guys when they where all together. They're also not as organized as a group nor smart enough not to play to the Shield's strengths. They practically squander their numbers advantage by not using even a single heel tag team tactic. The Shield fight more like the nWo than those guys.