Thor vs. Electro

Mark 1 Iron Man vs. Rhino

Green Goblin vs. Captain America, Falcon, and Black Widow

Lizard vs. Hulk

Team Battles

Note: in the Team battle, Tony gets the Mark 6

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 08:09 PM
I've heard that ASM Electro is pretty sick, but I dunno if using electricity against the God of Thunder is such a good idea.

But it's been a while since I saw Thor, and I haven't been able to see TDW yet. Didn't Thor channel a godblast to take down the Destroyer at the end of the first one? That seems like a lot more power than Electro should be able to put out.

big_adventure
05-05-2014, 10:27 PM
I've heard that ASM Electro is pretty sick, but I dunno if using electricity against the God of Thunder is such a good idea.

But it's been a while since I saw Thor, and I haven't been able to see TDW yet. Didn't Thor channel a godblast to take down the Destroyer at the end of the first one? That seems like a lot more power than Electro should be able to put out.

Electricity v. Thor seems like a stupid move, based especially on Avengers feats. He never does a "god blast", but he does some massive AoE stuff, plus some massive lightning effects. Against the Destroyer, he simply rams his hammer into the thing's mouth and seems to use the Destroyer's own blast against it.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Electricity v. Thor seems like a stupid move, based especially on Avengers feats. He never does a "god blast", but he does some massive AoE stuff, plus some massive lightning effects.

If that's the case, then yeah, Electro is probably getting knocked the fudge out by a shot from Mjolnir.

Jonathan
05-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Thor vs. Electro
-Thor's tornado was manipulating lightning, so I think he takes this.

-Iron Man has better durability feats, though not so good as to make him invulnerable to even the HMG, and Rhino has better strength and firepower feats. Also, Rhino was more mobile, except for Iron Man's one-shot except jumpjets. Iron Man's one chance here is that one-shot rocket that he had, but it was seen to be inaccurate. And while the Rhino's HMGs can hurt Iron Man but not necessarily kill him, there is no reason to believe this version of Iron Man could survive a hit from one of Rhino's rockets, which were both more accurate and numerous. I say Rhino actually wins this match.

-While Goblin didn't have a very big showing Cap and the others just don't have the power to take him down. Add Hawkeye to the group and the explosive arrows may change things.

Lizard vs. Hulk
-Lizard was cool and all, but he just doesn't have anywhere near the strength needed to beat the Hulk.

Team Battles

-Even adding in the villains from the MacGuire Spiderman movies, they just don't have the power to beat the heavier hitters on the Avengers(Iron Man other than original armor, Thor and Hulk).

Acecool
05-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Thor vs. Electro
-Thor's tornado was manipulating lightning, so I think he takes this.

-Iron Man has better durability feats, though not so good as to make him invulnerable to even the HMG, and Rhino has better strength and firepower feats. Also, Rhino was more mobile, except for Iron Man's one-shot except jumpjets. Iron Man's one chance here is that one-shot rocket that he had, but it was seen to be inaccurate. And while the Rhino's HMGs can hurt Iron Man but not necessarily kill him, there is no reason to believe this version of Iron Man could survive a hit from one of Rhino's rockets, which were both more accurate and numerous. I say Rhino actually wins this match.

-While Goblin didn't have a very big showing Cap and the others just don't have the power to take him down. Add Hawkeye to the group and the explosive arrows may change things.

Lizard vs. Hulk
-Lizard was cool and all, but he just doesn't have anywhere near the strength needed to beat the Hulk.

Team Battles

-Even adding in the villains from the MacGuire Spiderman movies, they just don't have the power to beat the heavier hitters on the Avengers(Iron Man other than original armor, Thor and Hulk).

Sandman might give the avengers a little pause. Maybe not thor, but probably the rest.

Jonathan
05-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Sandman might give the avengers a little pause. Maybe not thor, but probably the rest.

I don't see him being much of a challenge for the Hulk either.

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 11:09 PM
I don't see him being much of a challenge for the Hulk either.

I can see Thor blasting him into glass, which Hulk proceeds to shatter.

Jcogginsa
05-06-2014, 10:14 AM
If that's the case, then yeah, Electro is probably getting knocked the fudge out by a shot from Mjolnir.

I kinda doubt it, given the levels of Electricity Electro was able to absorb in his film.

big_adventure
05-06-2014, 02:28 PM
I kinda doubt it, given the levels of Electricity Electro was able to absorb in his film.

Mjolnir is a big heavy hammer that smashes shit up rather trivially. What does electricity have to do with that part of it?

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-06-2014, 02:33 PM

The fact that Spiderman beat him by funneling the electricity from the power grid straight into his ass, causing him to overload and explode ...

All Thor has to do is whip up a tornado and hit him, again, and again, and again, until he overloads and bursts.

Mjolnir is a big heavy hammer that smashes shit up rather trivially. What does electricity have to do with that part of it?

ASM Electro had the whole, I don't need a body to jack you up, and came back after he dispersed himself. However the above mentioned method of trapping him in a tornado and overloading his ass til he bursts is a viable tactic, since Spiderman hit him with webbing, connected him to the grid, and Gwen turned it on and the electrical influx literally killed him.

Jcogginsa
05-06-2014, 03:34 PM
The fact that Spiderman beat him by funneling the electricity from the power grid straight into his ass, causing him to overload and explode ...

All Thor has to do is whip up a tornado and hit him, again, and again, and again, until he overloads and bursts.

ASM Electro had the whole, I don't need a body to jack you up, and came back after he dispersed himself. However the above mentioned method of trapping him in a tornado and overloading his ass til he bursts is a viable tactic, since Spiderman hit him with webbing, connected him to the grid, and Gwen turned it on and the electrical influx literally killed him.
Electro absorbed a crap ton of electricity in him. He took in enough power that the city of New York had a black out, and was only killed when they gave him a surprise dose from the generator that powered said city. And even then, it's possible it was only a temporary defeat. That's more than thor can dish out in one blast

Well Electro can literally become electricity, so hitting him with a hammer isn't really gonna be effective

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Electro absorbed a crap ton of electricity in him. He took in enough power that the city of New York had a black out, and was only killed when they gave him a surprise dose from the generator that powered said city. And even then, it's possible it was only a temporary defeat. That's more than thor can dish out in one blast

Temporary how?

We've seen him come back from being dissipated. He took in too much electricity and exploded, then the electricity-reader was zoomed in on and it flat-lined. Unless he shows up later on, that's more than a viable way to put him down. In the case of MCU Thor, the guy charged up and exploded multiple Whale thingies and a host of Chitauri flyers with a single focused blast. Not to mention he was shown more than capable of manipulating electricity with a Thor-nado. So basically, Thor just sucks him up, and blasts him until he pops. OR he just makes it rain to depower him, and then beats the hell out of him with Mjolnir. Because sufficient blunt force was enough to knock him out. Hell, Gwen knocked him out for a good number of seconds, by hitting him with a car. A power output Thor has no problem matching.

Electro similarly, never displayed oomph enough to hurt the guy. Hell, even with Peter fighting a losing battle, Electro had to actually work at dropping the guy.

Thor honestly does fine here.

Primetime Harder
05-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Thor-nado.

All other nicknames for this ability are henceforth null and void.

Guy1
05-06-2014, 04:45 PM
a Thor-nado...

Is this going to be a spin-off of or crossover with Sharknado?

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-06-2014, 04:46 PM
All other nicknames for this ability are henceforth null and void.

All is as it should be. Let the Thor-nado reign!

Is this going to be a spin-off of or crossover with Sharknado?

It better be.

MindofShadow
05-06-2014, 05:30 PM
What feats did ASM Green Goblin actually have?

He appeared and became incapacitated so fast I cannot even remember? Did he even do anything memorable?

And Why do you want the Lizard dead lol.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-06-2014, 05:45 PM
What feats did ASM Green Goblin actually have?

Taking full strength shots from Peter, and trading /evenly/. Granted Peter was paying attention to keeping Gwen safe, and y'know, had just gotten finished with getting his ass slapped around by Electro. So make of it what you will.

He appeared and became incapacitated so fast I cannot even remember? Did he even do anything memorable?

Cause they're damn dirty Lizards.

Guy1
05-06-2014, 05:57 PM

Ask Killer Croc. :p

Hamdinger
05-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Gren Goblin gets shot in the head by a very accurate Black Widow and Falcon's machine pistols will bullet spam the Goblin in the face as well while Cap is dialing up Kristen from accounting.

Jcogginsa
05-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Gren Goblin gets shot in the head by a very accurate Black Widow and Falcon's machine pistols will bullet spam the Goblin in the face as well while Cap is dialing up Kristen from accounting.
Yes, because bullets are so so effective against Bullet timers

Holacik
05-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Yes, because bullets are so so effective against Bullet timers

Green Goblin is a bullet-timer?

Jcogginsa
05-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Green Goblin is a bullet-timer?

he got his powers from the same source and peter, and was fighting peter without getting blitzed

Holacik
05-07-2014, 09:26 AM
he got his powers from the same source and peter, and was fighting peter without getting blitzed

Was Peter using his speed?

Cleric of Hell's Brigade
05-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Was Peter using his speed?

Nope. Peter was worried strictly about saving Gwen the entire time. Goblin was more like a secondary issue that he kept batting away while trying to save her.

Holacik
05-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Nope. Peter was worried strictly about saving Gwen the entire time. Goblin was more like a secondary issue that he kept batting away while trying to save her.

Therefore not a bullet-timer, well not yet anyway.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-07-2014, 09:36 AM

Therefore not a bullet-timer, well not yet anyway.

Yeah, when Peter actually bothered to hit him, Green Goblin was knocked away easily enough. Gwen was just a priority, so Peter was literally fighting him with one arm and one leg.

Dark Soul # 7
05-07-2014, 09:55 AM
And besides worrying about Gwen, the Green Goblin fight happened in a pretty cramped area where there wasn't a whole lot of space for Spidey to use his speed.

Harry still got his ass kicked.

Guy1
05-07-2014, 05:06 PM

That's not the way we do things. If a character is to be granted the coveted bullet timer status, they must be shown using bullet time consistently
EXAMPLE: Lady Shiva, despite Sharp's efforts and her own crazy speed, was not granted bullet time status just because she was able to fight Batgirl.
Albert Wesker is a bullet timer, thanks to showing it consistently in Resident Evil 5.

Just an FYI. I know, it can get a bit confusing.

Hazard
05-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Additionally, it was a plot point the Spider-bit worked as well as it did for Peter, because it was keyed to his DNA.

Harry meanwhile was lucky to not die.