PDA

View Full Version : I can't control this power!!!

Blackid
05-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Who has the best self protecting power? (the power protects the person weather they want to or not) -

Spawn
Poison Ivy
Venom
Blue Beetle

Full on 4 on 4, who comes out on top. Remember, this is the power fighting for the host. Batman, Flash, Iron Man or Superman don't count because they have to initiate their power.

Acecool
05-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Who has the best self protecting power? (the power protects the person weather they want to or not) -

Spawn
Poison Ivy
Venom
Blue Beetle

Full on 4 on 4, who comes out on top. Remember, this is the power fighting for the host. Batman, Flash, Iron Man or Superman don't count because they have to initiate their power.

Superman has to will himself invulnerable now?

Primetime Harder
05-05-2014, 09:09 PM
I want to say Spawn, since his powers deal with God and the Devil and all that razzmatazz.

Out of the other three, I'm not really sure. I'm much more familiar with their animated counterparts than I am with the comic versions, and after what happened with the Hulk vs Magneto thread I am not about to go dredging respect threads for feats.

Len Ikari145
05-05-2014, 09:27 PM

Spawn
Poison Ivy
Venom
Blue Beetle

Spawn, to be honest. Even when you knock him out, his symbiote will just take over and blast you, fry you, freeze you, toss you into a tornado, transmute you into a tea cup, use a time stop spell, etc.

Blackid
05-06-2014, 04:59 AM
Superman has to will himself invulnerable now?

Invulnerability isn't an offensive move though.... these are people who don't have to will an offensive strategy... the power protects the host.

big_adventure
05-06-2014, 05:24 AM
I mean, if you take the first line of the thread's OP seriously, current Venom has the best self-protecting power relative to his normal level.

Current Venom is much more dangerous and powerful when the symbiote is in charge than when Flash is driving and in control.

It's still nothing on Spawn, with all that cat can pull.

Blackid
05-06-2014, 05:47 AM
Is there anyone who's powers surpass spawn?

Primetime Harder
05-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Is there anyone whose powers surpass spawn?

On this list? No. In general? Yes, tons of them; though at that point you're getting into the realm of Strange-tier sorcerers, cosmics, and nutzoid anime badasses.

hitokiri_
05-07-2014, 12:43 AM
batman's armor is powered by his own super power. insurmountable wealth.

Blackid
05-07-2014, 05:28 AM
batman's armor is powered by his own super power. insurmountable wealth.

so when he walks into a war, his wealth just drowns everyone in depression and jealousy?

dupersuper
05-07-2014, 07:58 PM
There was a Green Lantern whose ring wouldn't let him die...

Blackid
05-07-2014, 08:40 PM
There was a Green Lantern whose ring wouldn't let him die...

That sounds a little more like ring self preservation and not host protection... I don't want the host to be suffering.. just being protected from danger...

hitokiri_
05-07-2014, 10:40 PM
so when he walks into a war, his wealth just drowns everyone in depression and jealousy?

story of his life.

dupersuper
05-08-2014, 06:15 PM
That sounds a little more like ring self preservation and not host protection... I don't want the host to be suffering.. just being protected from danger...

Rings don't need their users to preserve themselves: they generally just take off looking for a new GL.

Sasuke Uchiha
05-08-2014, 07:22 PM
I wanna say Gaara from Naruto, while he isn't the first instance of a auto-defense, or absolute defense in my mind his was kind of unique in the sense of the medium used to do it. Prior to Naruto I would have never considered Sand as a means to defend oneself.

Also to answer the OP, I think Blue Beetle wins.