PDA

View Full Version : PREVIEW: WinterWorld, #1

CBR News
05-06-2014, 06:58 AM
WINTERWORLD #1 picks up the story of a savvy trade rider, Scully, and Wynn, a young woman long separated from her family. Together they move through a bleak and frozen future in search of Wynn's parents encountering the brutality of a world where the coldest place on Earth is the human heart.

Full article here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=21525).

skyhopper
05-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I'm confused. Is this issue from the original work? I've read that this was going to be a sequel with butch guide. are they releasing the original as individual issues first?

Groo Odyssey
05-06-2014, 09:56 AM
I'm confused. Is this issue from the original work? I've read that this was going to be a sequel with butch guide. are they releasing the original as individual issues first?

It's a new series.

Brave Sir Robin
05-06-2014, 10:22 AM
The book looks really interesting. I never read the first one. I assume that won't matter.

Captain Punch
05-06-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm pretty sure this reprints and collects the original mini series which was great btw.

skyhopper
05-06-2014, 10:34 AM
Looking at it again, the credits in the preview pages are from the 2009 IDW collection. It looks like their reprinting that in issue form and then the sequel in june with butch guide. I just wasn't sure if this preview was in error. either way, i've been wanting to read this and look forward to the new issues.

FanboyStranger
05-06-2014, 11:09 AM
The book looks really interesting. I never read the first one. I assume that won't matter.

I would recommend the first series. I think it's the best work that Chuck Dixon has ever done, and Jorge Zaffiro's art is wonderful. Thankfully, they got a worthy successor for Zaffiro in Butch Guice.

Oskar Von Strange
05-06-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm currently reading this right now and its fucking awesome! I love the art it's amazing. I can't wait to see what the new series has to offer. My only complaint so far is that its going to be in color rather than black and white.

midas73
05-06-2014, 02:58 PM
This does look pretty awesome.... Might have to try picking this up...

Groo Odyssey
05-06-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm currently reading this right now and its fucking awesome! I love the art it's amazing. I can't wait to see what the new series has to offer. My only complaint so far is that its going to be in color rather than black and white.

Do we need to read the first series to understand the new series?

Oskar Von Strange
05-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Do we need to read the first series to understand the new series?

Probably won't matter, but it wouldn't hurt to read the original. I got my tpb pretty cheap on amazon. The trade comes with the original Winterworld story plus an unreleased sequel, "Wintersea". I haven't read the latter yet, but flipping through it I did notice these "vikings" on some type of a fucking ship-tank dude!! So far, its easily already one of my favorite comics.

Groo Odyssey
05-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Probably won't matter, but it wouldn't hurt to read the original. I got my tpb pretty cheap on amazon. The trade comes with the original Winterworld story plus an unreleased sequel, "Wintersea". I haven't read the latter yet, but flipping through it I did notice these "vikings" on some type of a fucking ship-tank dude!! So far, its easily already one of my favorite comics.

Thanks, I think I'll get the original anyways. I just love these post apocalyptic road stories. I just bought the first 3 volumes of Wasteland which I love. Hopefully Winterworld will be great. Already added to my pull list.