PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

JasonTodd428
05-06-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure how many of you know me and I'm not even entirely sure this is allowed ( if not then it can be deleted and I apologize) I just felt moved to post this.

Anyway, a co-worker of mine received some sad news late last night. Her daughter and husband had just learned that they were expecting their third child a few weeks back and just last night she had a miscarriage. The family is devestated and I was wondering if anyone would care to say a prayer as applies to your particular religion for this young family to give them strength for the difficult road ahead.

ExcelsiorPrime
05-06-2014, 03:11 PM
No problem. Praying on the situation. Sometimes a miscarriage can lead to suicidal thoughts.

saul_on_the_road_to_damascus
05-06-2014, 03:18 PM
That sucks man I'm sorry. I've known several people who have suffered through this sort of horriffic event. I don't know what's worse, suffering a miscarrige or losing a child to sids. I've seen both and it's not pretty.

JasonTodd428
05-06-2014, 03:48 PM
No problem. Praying on the situation. Sometimes a miscarriage can lead to suicidal thoughts.

I'm not sure she'll take her life but she does blame herself for what happened, which isn't a good sign. I've been praying for her whole family and I have asked all my other friends to do so as well as having set up a prayer chain. Thought I'd ask here as well. More prayers can't hurt.

JasonTodd428
05-06-2014, 03:50 PM
That sucks man I'm sorry. I've known several people who have suffered through this sort of horriffic event. I don't know what's worse, suffering a miscarrige or losing a child to sids. I've seen both and it's not pretty.

I've gone through this with other friends and your right its not pretty. Thank you for your thoughts

Wedge Antilles
05-06-2014, 04:04 PM
I wish I could do more, but will wish your friend's daughter and all involved well, and pray for all to be well and fully recover.

My condolences, and my encouragement for brighter days ahead.

Sprite
05-06-2014, 04:19 PM
My condolences. I'm very sorry to hear such news.

Pinsir
05-06-2014, 04:26 PM
I had a cousin whose child dies in the womb

Alvarez
05-06-2014, 05:00 PM
My condolences.
This is a hard thing for anyone to go through.

Pharozonk
05-06-2014, 05:00 PM
My condolences go out to her and her family.

Valerie
05-06-2014, 08:50 PM
You bet the whole family will be in my thoughts. Depending on how well you know your coworker and her family, I might suggest doing something nice for them like bringing some food or maybe a grocery gift card or something to help while the family recovers. The combined grief and physical stress of a miscarriage can do a number on a woman, so any little bit helps. Heck, even a sympathy card can be nice, because it's not often that people acknowledge miscarriage as a real death in the family.

bipolar danger girl
05-06-2014, 09:11 PM
I don't pray, but I've been through it, and the experience caused deep sadness. So, I will wish them much happiness. And a rainbow.

Tonamelt
05-06-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure she'll take her life but she does blame herself for what happened, which isn't a good sign. I've been praying for her whole family and I have asked all my other friends to do so as well as having set up a prayer chain. Thought I'd ask here as well. More prayers can't hurt.

Can I suggest professional counseling for your co-worker's daughter?

I mean, praying is fine, but maybe she needs someone to help her overcome such situation, perhaps?