PDA

View Full Version : The Halloween Video Game Thread

AngelsXDemons
09-23-2014, 04:45 PM
With October frightfully around the corner I thought I'd take a cue from forum member @Ghost and make a thread to discuss our favorite video games to break out for Halloween. I like to spend the candy corn and Jack 'O' Lantern days of October playing video games that are more spooky than normal, the ones that give chills and thrills and goosebumps although they don't actually have to be horror.

Please feel free to share your favorite games to celebrate Autumn and Halloween.

Some of my October favorites are:

Luigi's Mansion
American McGee's Alice Madness Returns
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden
Lone Survivor
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Resident Evil Revelations
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Epic Mickey Wii
Borderlands 2
DmC
Bayonetta
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix
BioShock Infinite
Shante Risky's Revenge
Mass Effect 3
Costume Quest
Maple Story
Dragon Nest

and last but not least is any Animal Crossing game.

JCAll
09-23-2014, 05:39 PM

Not Majora's Mask? I mean, masks are the main motif. What's more Halloween than that?
Except Costume Quest, obviously. Is Costume Quest 2 coming out this year?

Step
09-23-2014, 06:05 PM
Twisted Metal: Head On
Destroy All Humans, funny thing about this game I LOVE it, but I like to 100% games and since I can never find every single probe, I never get around to finishing it and restart whenever I get back to it lol
The Grim Adventures Of Billy & Mandy, it's a fighting game based of the cartoon, honestly very fun, though it's been a while...
Luigi's Mansion
Guacamelee

I don't have the time to play all of them, school and whatnot, but these are fun and I enjoy playing them around this time~
Tho I don't do well with actual horror games, I'm a wimp, god I couldn't get through Fatal Frame OTL

CatAttacker
09-23-2014, 09:07 PM
With October frightfully around the corner I thought I'd take a cue from forum member @Ghost and make a thread to discuss our favorite video games to break out for Halloween. I like to spend the candy corn and Jack 'O' Lantern days of October playing video games that are more spooky than normal, the ones that give chills and thrills and goosebumps although they don't actually have to be horror.

Please feel free to share your favorite games to celebrate Autumn and Halloween.

Some of my October favorites are:

Luigi's Mansion
American McGee's Alice Madness Returns
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden
Lone Survivor
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Resident Evil Revelations
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams
Epic Mickey Wii
Borderlands 2
DmC
Bayonetta
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix
BioShock Infinite
Shante Risky's Revenge
Mass Effect 3
Costume Quest
Maple Story
Dragon Nest

and last but not least is any Animal Crossing game.

DmC? Jesus Christ dude, you want to spook these people not make them try to goddamn kill themselves.

Anyways, I really don't care for the horror game genre, but Five Nights at Freddy's is absolutely superb. Probably one of the better games in the past few years, Gone Home, Slender, and Amnesia 2 are really big let downs.

Also, Silent Hill.

jump
09-24-2014, 03:01 AM
I use to love 16bit classic Zombie Ate My Neighbours, everything else I can think of has already been named.

AngelsXDemons
09-24-2014, 06:27 AM
Not Majora's Mask? I mean, masks are the main motif. What's more Halloween than that?
Except Costume Quest, obviously. Is Costume Quest 2 coming out this year?

Sadly, I don't own a Nintendo 64. I own PS3, PS Vita and a Wii. I'm going to buy the newly announced "New Nintendo 3DS" next year and I'm certainly one of those people hoping that Nintendo will release a remake of Majora's Mask on the 3DS next year. I used to own the original 3DS but I sold it last year boy am I sorry that I did because I saw where Legend of Zelda: A Link Between World's actually has Majora's Mask in it.

@CatAttacker, ROFL! I'm sorry man, I played DmC on the PS3 thanks to PS Plus and I sincerely enjoyed the game. I had a ton of fun playing it. It was the first Devil May Cry game that I've personally played and enjoyed. A lot of people also hate on the Capcom game 'Remember Me' but a lot of my friends and even some of my family members enjoyed it. I just wish Capcom would reboot Darkstalker's already; I miss those games.

@Step, Guacamelee is a awesome game. I've played some of it on the PS Vita and I'm gonna 100% finish it this Halloween.

Step
09-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Sadly, I don't own a Nintendo 64. I own PS3, PS Vita and a Wii. I'm going to buy the newly announced "New Nintendo 3DS" next year and I'm certainly one of those people hoping that Nintendo will release a remake of Majora's Mask on the 3DS next year. I used to own the original 3DS but I sold it last year boy am I sorry that I did because I saw where Legend of Zelda: A Link Between World's actually has Majora's Mask in it.

If you have a Wii, you can buy it on the Wii virtual console \O/ Nintendo has started delisting games from the virtual console for some reason but I believe Majora's Mask is still available!

And yeah, I LOVED Guacamelee, wish it wasn't so short OTL

Ghost
09-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Wooh. I was hoping someone would start a thread like this lol.

Wii/Gamecube:
Geist - FPS where you are a disembodied spirit that can posses objects and living beings.
Disneys Haunted Mansion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5O7pLbXSSE) - Action/adventure game where you explore the famous Haunted Mansion.
Resident Evil
Luigis mansion
Eternal Darkness
Fragile Dreams

Xbox 360:
Costume Quest
Ghostbusters - A surprisingly well made licensed game.
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead 1-2
Alan Wake
Bully: Scholarship Edition (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV_Ye6P9LcE) - Has a humorous Halloween mission.
Red Dead Redemption : Undead Nightmare - Western themed zombie DLC = spooky bliss
Dark Souls
Splatterhouse
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Fatal Frame 2
Stubbs the Zombie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY68Tx5LHdo) - Slightly obscure Xbox game where you are a zombie trying to find your lost love. Lots of silly charm and creativity in this one.
Grabbed By the Ghoulies
Limbo

PC:
Ghost Master (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M1gR56axFs) - You are an overlord of a variety of ghosts and are trying to scare people out of their homes.
Grim Fandango
Haunt the House
Lucius - Reminiscent of the Omen where you play as the antichrist child.
Amnesia

NES:
Sweet Home (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw06V-fcjfA) - Survival horror RPG within a haunted house.
Kid Dracula
Gargoyle Quest 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26jN-bPk-GI) - A fantastic platformer game where you control the red flying demon from the Ghosts N Goblins series. I highly suggest this if you want a challenge.
Monster Party
Drac's Night Out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-RbvS8DrQ8) - A unique Dracula game where you use a variety of traps to escape your castle.
Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecF3wl7ZCoM)
Ghoul School
Frankenstein
Castlevania 1-2

Misc:
Haunting Starring Polterguy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rggV0jFxgK4) (Sega Genesis) - One of my favorites. You play as a skateboarder/punk ghost that possesses objects to scare a family out of their home. Really good animations and sound fx.
Legacy of Kain (PS1)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)
Super Ghouls & Ghosts (SNES)
Demons Crest (SNES)
Nosferatu (SNES)
Spirits & Spells (GBA/GC) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gihMtY4t-PA)

simbob4000
09-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Mass Effect 3? It's a horrible game, not a horror game.

No Dead Rising?

@CatAttacker, ROFL! I'm sorry man, I played DmC on the PS3 thanks to PS Plus and I sincerely enjoyed the game. I had a ton of fun playing it. It was the first Devil May Cry game that I've personally played and enjoyed. A lot of people also hate on the Capcom game 'Remember Me' but a lot of my friends and even some of my family members enjoyed it. I just wish Capcom would reboot Darkstalker's already; I miss those games.

DmC is easily the worst Devil May Cry game. Gameplay wise it's a pretty terrible game.

You can get Majora's Mask on the GameCube and Wii as well.

JCAll
09-25-2014, 10:27 PM

Yeah, I understand that. My N64 gave out on me a few years ago. Right in the middle of Jet Force Gemini, too. I have to finish that one day. Luckily I got a copy of the Gamecube port, which is playable on the Wii. Feels weird without the N64 controller, but otherwise good.

Majora's Mask has been getting a little more love in the last few years than it ever has. Maybe the New 3DS will finally bring us that remake.

jump
09-26-2014, 01:23 AM

@Step, Guacamelee is a awesome game. I've played some of it on the PS Vita and I'm gonna 100% finish it this Halloween.

You can play Majora's Mask on the Wii's Virtual Console.

the_key_24
09-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Skylanders (Any game will do)
The Last Airbender (a decent beat-em-up based on the movie of all things)

any others have been named already

jump
10-02-2014, 01:20 AM
I highly recommend Master Reboot on the Wii U, it's a very weird-creppy game.

simbob4000
10-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Skylanders (Any game will do)
The Last Airbender (a decent beat-em-up based on the movie of all things)

any others have been named already

What do those have to do with Halloween?

GozertheGozarian
10-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Parasite Eve 1 and 2.