PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Contest 5/7-5-13

GozertheGozarian
05-07-2014, 05:56 AM
The theme will be

EPIC FAILURE.

The Rules:

The CBR Avatar Contest; begins on Wednesday and ends on Tuesday, at which point voting begins, ending when Tuesday ends in all time zones. As a rule, voting before Tuesday is frowned upon, though exceptions are made if you've got a good reason. Suggesting avatar ideas for others is prohibited. By suggesting, you are in essence removing that idea from consideration by any and all players. Contest eligibility is dependent on keeping your entered avatar for the entire week. Changing your avatar before the week is up will disqualify you, unless you're changing it to something else that fits the contest theme and announce your change in the thread. Changing avatars within your chosen subject is permitted. Putting 'dibs' on a subject lasts for 48 hours, at which time it's free to be taken by somebody else. In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided by the first vote by a poster who has not previously voted in that week's contest. There is no rule six! Ed Cunard (I assume by when the sentence got added) once got stung by a jellyfish in his bad place. We will not reveal the list of volunteers to urinate on him. The contest winner chooses the next week's contest theme and must add something stupid to the rules. Value of prize is 1/100 of 1, and is not redeemable for cash. CBR management shall not be responsible for any monetary damages, intestinal distress or stigmata caused by said contest. No prize alternatives are available. If the winner does not respond with a new game by Thursday it will be up to the runner-up; unless something clever is decided such as defaulting to "comic book characters" or skipping the week for low voter turnout. All decisions are final, and bitching about the decisions in a silly online game is stupid and will result in shameless mocking for an indeterminate period of time. Contest void in Delaware. We aren't sure why, but who cares? It's Delaware

Paradox
05-07-2014, 07:30 AM
OK, I'm in!

Poor Vinko Bogataj. He had to endure his failure over and over again, as his ski jump crash was used by the Wide World of Sports in their opening as the latter part of "...the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat..." Every Sunday across the US, people got to watch him fail again and again and again...

Paul W.
05-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Yeah, count me in. Vincent Van Gogh's works are among the most valuable and beautiful in the art world. His work is the subject of College courses and dissertations. I'm personally in awe of the life he could breath into them.

And of the 900 or so he painted he sold only one, for enough money to pay his rent.

Sing it, Don.

Clarkie
05-07-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm in with inventor thomas midgely jr, who after being a key figure in the development of Leaded Petrol, went on to develop Freon, one of the first CFC gasses. He wanted to help mankind, but ended up contributing to atmospheric pollution on a truly epic scale.

Donald M.
05-07-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm stuck posting from my phone for the moment, so I call dibs on the Howard the Duck movie.

Winslow
05-07-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm in with the most epic comic failure that is practically a meme.

Donald M.
05-07-2014, 03:01 PM
As promised, in with cinematic epic fail Howard the Duck.

Ronald
05-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Ladies and gentlemen I present the greatest debut in wrestling history. The Shockmaster!

Donald M.
05-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Nothing says "shocking" like a Stormtrooper helmet covered in rhinestones!

GozertheGozarian
05-08-2014, 11:14 AM
I'm going with the U.S.'s first major failure of a president, Franklin Pierce.

Gus
05-10-2014, 11:37 AM
In with a Failed Epic, the Hobbit movies.

Gus
05-13-2014, 09:55 AM
It's Tuesday, might as well go for it. The things you learn! Both Paul W. and Clarkie had very informative entries, but I think Clarkie gets the edge in terms of his subject really mucking things up.

Clarkie
05-13-2014, 10:45 AM
I have to go for the Shockmaster, Ronald gets my vote.

Ronald
05-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Winslow because man Liefeld has a problem drawing.

GozertheGozarian
05-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Clarkie. No other man has done as much to screw things up.

Paul W.
05-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Paradox. Seeing that pretty much meant it was Sunday in my house.

Paradox
05-13-2014, 09:38 PM
Donald M., for invoking the Duck.

GozertheGozarian
05-14-2014, 07:20 AM
At two votes, Clarkie is our winner this week.

Clarkie
05-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Cool! I'll get on the next.