PDA

View Full Version : Sooo.. 14 days to copy and paste a bunch of stuff eh?

Pendaran
04-30-2014, 03:14 PM
The rules threads, what have you. I'm just noting it in case anyone didn't read the link in Siriel's post. If there's something from the old forums you really liked or want to hold onto, 14 days to grab it.

.. man that's a lot of John Stewart bashing via song I need to grab up.

Cujo
04-30-2014, 03:18 PM
I guess...

-Whips on shades-

You have 14 days...to save the past.

YEEEAHHH!

Dalak
04-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Indeed, but I'm wondering if the new rules will allow the Rumbles League game we were playing.

Cujo
04-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Probably not.

Hiromi
04-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Eh, the rules thread was due for a rewrite anyway, had been for years actually.

The Dog
04-30-2014, 03:37 PM
Indeed, but I'm wondering if the new rules will allow the Rumbles League game we were playing.

I wonder the same about RP threads here.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 03:37 PM

Probably. It's mostly fight threads. Just give Siriel a chance to get the orders in place.

Surtur
04-30-2014, 03:40 PM
What the hell even happened?

Siriel
04-30-2014, 03:41 PM
What the hell even happened?

And this is how I know people aren't reading the stickied thread.

Surtur
04-30-2014, 03:43 PM
Okay yeah, sorry. Wow, this all happened over a thread I never even heard of. Unfortunate people had such a creepy response to a review.

Pendaran
04-30-2014, 03:48 PM
And this is how I know people aren't reading the stickied thread.

I sort of figured that would be so, hence making this thread for emphasis as far as "y'all might want to go grab your stuff".

Dalak
04-30-2014, 03:48 PM
I wonder the same about RP threads here.

Probably. It's mostly fight threads. Just give Siriel a chance to get the orders in place.

Well if things don't work out for a while, Sharker's Pantaloonacy forum is available.

In case anyone lost the link: http://pantaloonacy.freeforums.org/

Surtur
04-30-2014, 03:50 PM
I just find it crazy. I've seen trolls on here before, but never like..the whole "rapey and hacking email accounts" type of trolls.

Guy Smiley
04-30-2014, 03:51 PM
The RP threads are going to be the worst. 1500 pages or so, not counting the discussion threads, and that was just SHR3.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 03:51 PM
I just find it crazy. I've seen trolls on here before, but never like..rapey trolls.

I've seen some but they usually got banned REALLY quickly as soon as they got rapey. This must have gone seriously RL to be a major factor in warranting a complete wipe.

Surtur
04-30-2014, 03:52 PM
I've seen some but they usually got banned REALLY quickly as soon as they got rapey. This must have gone seriously RL to be a major factor in warranting a complete wipe.

Yeah it was making me wonder if this was like..an influx of new members who came here going after this person or..people already here who just more or less snapped?

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah it was making me wonder if this was like..an influx of new members who came here going after this person or..people already here who just more or less snapped?

*shrug* I don't know, and unless I get access to Divine Truth, I probably can't know.

Gordon
04-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Well, shit, that's TWO big cosmic resets I had to live through on this forum.

KJS
04-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Wow, Jonah's article made for some grim reading.

Still - to fresh starts...

http://elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/000874ecdba90ca5389f02.jpeg

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 04:02 PM

At least 3 here. Maybe four.

Surtur
04-30-2014, 04:03 PM

Now we all know the pain DC characters must of felt having to experience things like "Infinite Crisis" etc. first hand. One day you wake up and..oh everything has been reset. Are we starting to finally understand what it feels like to be Superboy Prime?! Has anyone had the urge to eat uranium? Oh Prime, have we wronged you all these years?

Siriel
04-30-2014, 04:05 PM

They do.

In fact, since there will be less threads that need to be maintained at the top of the page, I'm thinking of creating a stickied thread for it.

Gordon
04-30-2014, 04:06 PM
At least 3 here. Maybe four.

Well, that's how the cookie crumbles. I won''t be crying in my whiskey about it.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 04:06 PM
Siriel, Well that would be nice. Thank you for that.

Holacik
04-30-2014, 04:10 PM
So, why exactly can't we have a discussion thread? Is it that other threads weren't properly managed in other areas we have to be punished as well?

Dalak
04-30-2014, 04:11 PM
They do.

In fact, since there will be less threads that need to be maintained at the top of the page, I'm thinking of creating a stickied thread for it.

Interesting, and since I'm not in any current RPG's the more pressing concern personally.

Still, I hope the rules won't nix those here in Rumbles either.

Holacik
04-30-2014, 04:15 PM
Did we lose Sharp? or he just hasn't been on yet?

Iron_Twister
04-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Hey guys, Just realized the mess that got us all here.

...How strange that I was napping when this happened. O_o

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 04:19 PM

He probably just hasn't gotten around to Registering again.

Postmania
04-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Well this is new- Who ARE you people? Have I been transported to an alternate universe?

Froggy
04-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Wow, yea that was ridiculous behavior but props to Jonah for doing something.

Now does this make us NuRumbles?

Iron_Twister
04-30-2014, 04:23 PM
He probably just hasn't gotten around to Registering again.

Ho boy, that threw me off a bit.

...On the plus side, this finally got me to get off my butt and change my password...Something I was meaning to do for years. :p

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 04:24 PM

Fifth Age is more like it.

Guy Smiley
04-30-2014, 04:25 PM
The weird thing for me was that I had read about the article (and I suppose the beginning of the crazy movement against the article writer) on a different site a few days ago after running across the "## Days Since DC Did Something Stupid" clock and reading that the artist whose cover was being criticized had a bunch of people frothing on his twitter. I hadn't realized it was going to turn into, well, this.

That said, the Community board has a pair of threads for appreciation/disappreciation of the board reset that might be more appropriate for posting any discussion of such in that doesn't have to do with saving stuff from the old boards. (He said, having just posted a paragraph having nothing to do with saving stuff from the old boards.)

Siriel
04-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Siriel, Well that would be nice. Thank you for that.

I should be thanking you guys; I enjoy them too.

Interesting, and since I'm not in any current RPG's the more pressing concern personally.

Still, I hope the rules won't nix those here in Rumbles either.

I would rather we wait a little before talking about RPGs. Let things settle down while administration evaluates the result of the change.

The League is safe because it's perfectly on-topic for Rumbles.

So, why exactly can't we have a discussion thread? Is it that other threads weren't properly managed in other areas we have to be punished as well?

Part of the new policy by administration is that all general chat goes in the community forum. I'm not entirely aware of how the decision was reached.

I suspect he's just at work, since he told me he would be returning.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 04:26 PM
Well this is new- Who ARE you people? Have I been transported to an alternate universe?

HA! "Whacha gonna do, brutha, when Postamania runs WILD on you?"

Len Ikari145
04-30-2014, 04:27 PM

Seems so, Little Froggy. At least we haven't been retconned into jerks, though.

And all this because deranged comic cultists didn't like a cover.

Siriel
04-30-2014, 04:28 PM
That said, the Community board has a pair of threads for appreciation/disappreciation of the board reset that might be more appropriate for posting any discussion of such in that doesn't have to do with saving stuff from the old boards. (He said, having just posted a paragraph having nothing to do with saving stuff from the old boards.)

That is correct.

If you have a question regarding Rumbles' future in particular, I'll answer it as much as I can but please take the general chat there.

Siriel
04-30-2014, 04:29 PM
And I'm serious on this: ALL of you who haven't, go read the new rules for posting on CBR.

Because a zero tolerance policy is in effect, and it would be an incredible shame to lose members of the community because they thought they knew the rules.

Holacik
04-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Question about the Rumbles league, are we allowed to have a discussion thread for that, or would that violate the rules?

Postmania
04-30-2014, 04:36 PM
The weird thing for me was that I had read about the article (and I suppose the beginning of the crazy movement against the article writer) on a different site a few days ago after running across the "## Days Since DC Did Something Stupid" clock and reading that the artist whose cover was being criticized had a bunch of people frothing on his twitter. I hadn't realized it was going to turn into, well, this.

You can't trust the internet anymore.

Siriel
04-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Question about the Rumbles league, are we allowed to have a discussion thread for that, or would that violate the rules?

Look five post up from yours.

Holacik
04-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Look five post up from yours.

So we can have a league but the discussion thread has to be in the community section, correct?

Siriel
04-30-2014, 04:41 PM
All general chat is in the community section. Things like Downtown Khazan, for example.

On-topic chat, which discussing the rules and organization of the League is, can still be on Rumbles. Otherwise it would be madness because we couldn't even debate since that is technically "chatting", not to mention all the other boards about discussing comics.

Postmania
04-30-2014, 04:43 PM
All general chat is in the community section. Things like Downtown Khazan, for example.

On-topic chat, which discussing the rules and organization of the League is, can still be on Rumbles. Otherwise it would be madness because we couldn't even debate since that is technically "chatting", not to mention all the other boards about discussing comics.

So it's possible for us to start a rumbles only, downtown khazan thread there?

KingEli
04-30-2014, 04:45 PM
So do we blame Barry Allen or Wolverine for this Timecrash?

Holacik
04-30-2014, 04:46 PM

No, the league is on topic for the forum, as it consists of rumbles match. Khazan threads have always been off-topic.

Froggy
Seems so, Little Froggy. At least we haven't been retconned into jerks, though.

And all this because deranged comic cultists didn't like a cover.
Yea I'm with Guy Smiley, like I knew the situation was ridiculous but I didn't think it'd get to this level you know

And yea thank god out personalities stayed the same in the reboot

Siriel

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Postmania
04-30-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

You mentioned all chat is for the community section. Therefore i took it as Khazan being a chat thread for the Rumbles board, being able to be restarted in that forum now.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 04:51 PM
You mentioned all chat is for the community section. Therefore i took it as Khazan being a chat thread for the Rumbles board, being able to be restarted in that forum now.

Well you COULD but what would be the point? Trying to keep non-rumblers out of a comm board thread would be silly.

bruceleegreyhulk
04-30-2014, 04:52 PM
lots of stuff to copy, and I blame both a Barry Allen and Wolverine team up.

Postmania
04-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Well you COULD but what would be the point? Trying to keep non-rumblers out of a comm board thread would be silly.

Well you wouldn't have to. My opinion is that eventually people will settle into their own regular threads, which they'll go to to see specific people. Sort of like NeoGaf.

Hazard
04-30-2014, 04:55 PM
Okay, Naruto Speed thread done. Now with fancy new name.

Now, for my other Naruto thread.

Siriel
04-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Oh.

I'd missed the "t" in "there". That makes much more sense.

I think you should be able to. It wouldn't actually be exclusive to people who hang out on Rumbles, but there should be no issue with Downtown Khazan there. (If there is, then I'm not currently aware of it.)

The Dog
04-30-2014, 04:57 PM
lots of stuff to copy, and I blame both a Barry Allen and Wolverine team up.

I blame Marvel/DC as a whole. They keep rebooting their movies/comics so much that it caused a ripple effect that resulted in us rebooting.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Well you wouldn't have to. My opinion is that eventually people will settle into their own regular threads, which they'll go to to see specific people. Sort of like NeoGaf.

*shrug* Go for it! Start it up. See if Jonah bans us for immediately devolving into the fun internet violence that so characterizes the Rumbles Board.

Postmania
04-30-2014, 05:03 PM
*shrug* Go for it! Start it up. See if Jonah bans us for immediately devolving into the fun internet violence that so characterizes the Rumbles Board.

Well I didn't intend to make it now. I just wanted to see if it was an option, after we feel out the new board a little more.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Well I didn't intend to make it now. I just wanted to see if it was an option, after we feel out the new board a little more.

Well I'm jonesing for my Internet Violence, so if you won't I will.

If we get allowed a chat thread we can restart it here or just move it depending on what the mods say.

Hazard
04-30-2014, 05:11 PM
And done.

Now, I'm just missing the Utopia stuff, but given the situation I'll wait before that.

BitVyper
04-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Rassa frassa make me find my avatar again will you.

KingofPie
04-30-2014, 05:18 PM
So is there a quick and easy way to save an entire thread or is copying and pasting just the way to go?

Siriel
04-30-2014, 05:22 PM
So is there a quick and easy way to save an entire thread or is copying and pasting just the way to go?

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?283-Best-method-to-preserve-or-copy-old-CBR-forum-threads

Estrecca
04-30-2014, 05:22 PM

http://oldforums.comicbookresources.com/archive/index.php

If you have the thread number and don't care about either images or dressed links or format (admittedly, that's a lot of not caring), use the Archive version. You get like 200 posts per page that way.

KingofPie
04-30-2014, 05:25 PM
http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?283-Best-method-to-preserve-or-copy-old-CBR-forum-threads

http://oldforums.comicbookresources.com/archive/index.php

If you have the thread number and don't care about either images or dressed links or format (admittedly, that's a lot of not caring), use the Archive version. You get like 200 posts per page that way.

Okay, thanks!

Iron_Twister
04-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Well, glad to see some hasty rebuilding of threads here.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
04-30-2014, 05:43 PM
The only thing I'll miss is the post count I wracked up.

Though the "mod rulings" not carrying over is a unique opportunity indeed.

Surtur
04-30-2014, 05:43 PM
So the board is definitely changing..lol. I just got cited for use of profanity. I guess I have to try to remember to phrase things differently.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 05:46 PM
So the board is definitely changing..lol. I just got cited for use of profanity. I guess I have to try to remember to phrase things differently.

Keep it PG-13 I think was the rules...

Sharpandpointies
04-30-2014, 05:47 PM
How are you Gentlemen!

Hiromi
04-30-2014, 05:47 PM
The only thing I'll miss is the post count I wracked up.

Though the "mod rulings" not carrying over is a unique opportunity indeed.
Yeah you kind of stop caring after the first post wipe.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
04-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Yeah you kind of stop caring after the first post wipe.

See, I was lucky in that I came in after the first wipe; and while I am no longer considered an ancient (one)-poster. I have been reborn as Noobthulhu.

How are you Gentlemen!

Sharp!

You've survived as well. Tis' a glorious day indeed.

Surtur
04-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Keep it PG-13 I think was the rules...

Yeah, that is going to be a tough adjustment for me, I'm not used to holding back, but oh well. I feel like the d-bag kid who gets a detention on the first day of school. I typed d-bag because I'm not even sure if the word I wanted to type is PG-13 or not.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 05:52 PM
How are you Gentlemen!

SHARP!! I am honored to be once more in your presence. ;)

Yeah, that is going to be a tough adjustment for me, I'm not used to holding back, but oh well. I feel like the d-bag kid who gets a detention on the first day of school. I typed d-bag because I'm not even sure if the word I wanted to type is PG-13 or not.

I'm pretty sure I've heard the word without the bag in a PG movie, but what do I know?

Sharpandpointies
04-30-2014, 05:54 PM
Sharp!

You've survived as well. Tis' a glorious day indeed.

SHARP!! I am honored to be once more in your presence. ;)

Most pleased am I to see everyone here!

:D

Phew. Avatar search bore fruit.

Siriel
04-30-2014, 05:54 PM
I'll be closing the thread, please take the chatting to the Community Forum (shame on you Sharp).

If anyone has a question regarding Rumbles-specific rules, feel free to contact me.

Sharpandpointies
04-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Arrgh. Must now find setting allowing me to permanently disable smilies.