PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you were a werewolf? 2.0

Cotton
05-08-2014, 01:08 AM
We did this one on the old board so I'm asking it again: What would you do if you were a werewolf? You change with the moon, you have prior knowledge that you are going to change, and have no control over your werewolf form at first but will probably gain control over time.

Edit: but also, you might not gain more control over time, it depends on the person and their lifestyle.

Speed Force League Unlimited
05-08-2014, 01:29 AM
I'm going to make sure I don't rip my clothes, and stay caged before gaining control of my actions
Then, I might do like the Teen Wolf and play basketball, at certain points

clayholio
05-08-2014, 01:31 AM
I assume I'd end up doing a lot of grooming. Shiny coats don't get shiny on their own, y'know?

King Of All Nerds
05-08-2014, 01:49 AM
Assuming only silver bullets can kill me, I would just throw caution to the wind. I'd be more concerned with locking up my sneaker collection than anything else.

Spike-X
05-08-2014, 03:03 AM
Not exist.

King Of All Nerds
05-08-2014, 03:18 AM
Not exist.

Womp womp womp wwoooooommmpp

Stony
05-08-2014, 03:26 AM
I remember once reading this Buffy trade that featured a "Maori werewolf" that made me roll my eyes hard

Wolves...? We don't *have* wolves down here! lazy writers..

Clarkie
05-08-2014, 03:54 AM
Once again, I'd go find James Randi and claim a million dollars.

Mari
05-08-2014, 04:05 AM
I would try to be away from any people, or at least any people I care about, when I turn wolf!

Don C
05-08-2014, 04:25 AM
Was I the one who joked about finding a red-headed witch?

ExcelsiorPrime
05-08-2014, 04:53 AM
I would be the first werewolf with a Brazilian wax. Excellent for when I head to the beach.

FLEX HECTIC
05-08-2014, 07:25 AM
I certainly wouldn't lose Bella to a vampire so I would step my game up better!

Team Flex Hectic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p-rMWTiXaM

Ed Cunard
05-08-2014, 07:35 AM
1. Find a nerd or furry convention scheduled around a full moon.
2. Print up a shirt that says "Sorry nerds" or "Sorry, furries," depending on which convention.
3. Change whenever the moon rises.
4. Laugh.

King Of All Nerds
05-08-2014, 05:55 PM
I would be the first werewolf with a Brazilian wax. Excellent for when I head to the beach.
Hope you have a high threshold for pain.

Fenris
05-08-2014, 06:49 PM
In the short term:
Put away the silverware.
Start buying raw meat in bulk.
Find out how thick werewolf chains have to be.
Get used to apologizing to the neighbors for all the noise.

In the longer term:
Get a job here. (http://www.californiawolfcenter.org/)

Or perhaps I could work in a gun store! (http://frankenstein1959.blogspot.com/2007/10/far-side-werewolf.html)

dupersuper
05-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Play basketball and buy a van, I guess.

sonofspam1972
05-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Cotton do you have a werewolf fetish or something? i guess if i where a werewolf i would try to get an audition on Bitten.

phantom309
05-08-2014, 09:15 PM
First I'd set a video camera to see if I was a real werewolf or just a lame giant dog that people tried to pass off as a werewolf in order to keep production costs low. Depending on what I find on the tape I would either buy a gun and a few silver bullets or start seeing the world David Banner style. Also I'd be sure to get microchipped in case I was ever lost.

Cotton
05-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Cotton do you have a werewolf fetish or something?

Yes, next question.

coveredinbees
05-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Go wild. Civilians be damned!

Yes, next question.
Are those wings boneless?

Stony
05-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Chase down Shirley Bennett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZmkKL27z1w

SuperCooper
05-09-2014, 05:06 AM
Bite various animals to see how they're transformed.

In the name of supernatural science.

Daryl
05-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Kill people and eat them.

I'm a werewolf. It's just kind of my schtick.

John Keyt
05-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Turn vegatarian or vegan :)

The MunchKING
05-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Probably destroy lots of stuff.

The question is will anybody be able to tell the difference?

OH!!!

Fenris
05-18-2014, 07:26 AM
Probably destroy lots of stuff.

The question is will anybody be able to tell the difference?

OH!!!

If nothing else, you'd probably be shedding more than usual.

Are you "out of control" if werewolf-you is just as destructive as original-you?

The MunchKING
05-18-2014, 07:32 AM
If nothing else, you'd probably be shedding more than usual.

Do werewolves actually shed that much? I thought when the moon went down their hair just retracted or something.

Are you "out of control" if werewolf-you is just as destructive as original-you?

A fine question for the philosophers. :D

I was thinking about how werewolves in the Sims 3 can't seem to walk past furniture without ripping it to shreds.

Pharozonk
05-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Star in a movie.

The MunchKING
05-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Star in a movie.

You'll probably end up starring alongside a sexy vampire guy as you fight for the affections of a particularly vapid human girl. :P

Pharozonk
05-18-2014, 07:40 AM
You'll probably end up starring alongside a sexy vampire guy as you fight for the affections of a particularly vapid human girl. :P

Damn, I was hoping I would be in one of these:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Wolfman-final-small.jpg

http://impawards.com/1981/posters/american_werewolf_in_london.jpg

Fenris
05-18-2014, 07:49 AM
Do werewolves actually shed that much? I thought when the moon went down their hair just retracted or something.

Some dogs shed a lot just on an everyday basis; that's more of what I was thinking of than the transformation.

As far as that goes, I don't know. Some of the medieval legends held that a werewolf had a reversible skin, with the wolf-hair on the inside; so they could just take it off and flip it around like a jacket. Which is kind of creepy, but I guess it would be convenient once you got used to it.

Ann Rice's The Wolf Gift had the shed hair magically melt away after a minute; which was really fortunate, since her protagonist tended to leave gruesome killings everywhere he went, and he was naturally worried about the police and DNA analysis.

A fine question for the philosophers. :D

I was thinking about how werewolves in the Sims 3 can't seem to walk past furniture without ripping it to shreds.

Well, really; wouldn't you?

That Fun Bar isn't going to raise itself!

Kees_L
05-18-2014, 08:12 AM
What would you do if you were a werewolf?

Shit in piles, lots of smelling and making noises while I eat.

People Of The Earth
05-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Lock myself up somewhere safe - both for me and regular people - during the period at risk every month.
The rest of the time, I'd try and work a solution to either reverse the transformations, or at least remain conscious and in control while transformed.
That would probably involve me working with one or more labs though.
That in itself is very risky imo.

Fenris
05-18-2014, 10:07 AM
We did this one on the old board so I'm asking it again: What would you do if you were a werewolf? You change with the moon, you have prior knowledge that you are going to change, and have no control over your werewolf form at first but will probably gain control over time.

Edit: but also, you might not gain more control over time, it depends on the person and their lifestyle.

Now that I went back and looked at this: which kind of lifestyle has which effect? Do you learn control by locking yourself up, or just going wild every month, or something else entirely?

(Now I'm picturing Shirley from Community saying, "I love them, but I don't approve of their werewolf lifestyle!")

To be fair, few people would!

Cotton
05-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Now that I went back and looked at this: which kind of lifestyle has which effect? Do you learn control by locking yourself up, or just going wild every month, or something else entirely?

(Now I'm picturing Shirley from Community saying, "I love them, but I don't approve of their werewolf lifestyle!")

To be fair, few people would!

When I said lifestyles, I meant if someone was an impulsive person or parties a lot and does a bunch of drugs or something like that, then they'd have less control than someone who wasn't as impulsive and didn't do drugs.

Cotton
05-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Shit in piles, lots of smelling and making noises while I eat.

Yeah and also howl at the moon, sniff other werewolves' butts, and you know, do werewolf sh*t.

dupersuper
05-20-2014, 03:09 AM

It'll be critically panned, but will you care while shedding all over your piles of money?

Charles RB
05-20-2014, 03:21 AM
Howl a lot and pee on things to mark my territory.

Michael P
05-20-2014, 05:43 AM
Go and have a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

DubipR
05-20-2014, 06:29 AM
Go and have a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

and is your hair perfect?

The MunchKING
05-20-2014, 07:20 AM
It'll be critically panned, but will you care while shedding all over your piles of money?

Heh. The MunchKING wouldn't.

The Watcher
05-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Drink some vampire blood so I could become a hybrid and hang out with a cat-suited Kate Beckingale. That's way better than the Twilight gig.

Shawn Hopkins
05-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Play basketball.

Oh, and date gay redheaded high school witches.

dupersuper
05-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Oh, and date gay redheaded high school witches.

:confused:

sonofspam1972
05-20-2014, 07:28 PM
:confused:Yeah i was lost too but i was too scared to ask lol.

The MunchKING
05-20-2014, 07:34 PM

Willow, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Wasn't it obvious?

The MunchKING
05-20-2014, 07:38 PM
Yeah i was lost too but i was too scared to ask lol.

I mean come on!!

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080308042127/buffy/images/6/6d/WillowRosenberg.jpg

HAWT!!!

Cotton
05-21-2014, 12:26 AM

Yeah i was lost too but i was too scared to ask lol.

It's cool guys; not all of us can be Buffy nerds.

Wedge Antilles
05-21-2014, 05:24 PM

Sounds like fun! I think I would find a way to win out over the vampire guy :D

dupersuper
05-21-2014, 05:39 PM
Willow, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Wasn't it obvious?

I liked the movie when it came out, and dismissed the TV show when it started as a cheap knock-off, and have yet to correct that apparent error, but from what I know of the show, she hooked up with a female demon...which is not a werewolf...

Michael P
05-21-2014, 05:46 PM
I liked the movie when it came out, and dismissed the TV show when it started as a cheap knock-off, and have yet to correct that apparent error, but from what I know of the show, she hooked up with a female demon...which is not a werewolf...

No female demon, just a female witch. But first she dated a werewolf played by Seth Green.

Personamanx
05-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Howl at the moon, wake up in pools of lamb blood... You know, werewolf stuff.

Sprite
05-21-2014, 05:52 PM
I'd worry about fleas and getting out in the pound. :(

Of course, I can just slaughter everyone at the pound, but all that blood can't be easy to wash off.

Kurosawa
05-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Study Lon Chaney Jr's acting methods. Train to fight Frankenstein's monster.

The MunchKING
05-21-2014, 08:44 PM

She started off with a werewolf boy and then moved on to lady witch.

It was her best friend that wound up with the demon lady.

Selena Musić
05-22-2014, 05:30 AM
I would make sure I don't rip my clothes. That would be fatal...I would try some fresh meat, howling on the moon, kill people who are disgrace to this world, scare someone just for fun, meet other werewolfs, take selfies with them blah..this goes to far xD

The Celtic Batman
05-22-2014, 10:38 PM
Rewatch 'Being Human' (the UK TV series) and Hemlock Grove (on Netflix) for some 'top tips'. Invest in a sturdy cage. Think where said cage can be located.... somewhere remote away from family. Also if I can hear the neighbours arguing, they'll be able to hear werewolf-me howling. Rig up a video camera outside the cage to get some idea what werewolf-me looks like, behaves like, etc. Have a bowl of raw steak in the cage for tasty snacks. Werewolf suduko, werewolf jenga etc in the cage to while away the hours till the sun comes up. Have some spare clothes waiting outside the cage. Make sure there's a backup plan for opening the cage, and that werewolf me is unable to activate the plan through the night. Talk the whole thing through with my wife first because she is infinitely better at planning stuff than me! :-)

Choos
05-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Definitely take my queues from Being Human and run a rump around in really large circles before tying it really high up in a tree.

I would try to find a large property with a fence that could be lined with silver (however impractical that sounds) to keep the wolf somewhat bound.

Not sure if I would hang around my family for safety concerns.

BroHomo
05-26-2014, 11:55 PM
If only a silver Bullet could kill me I would proabbly charge some rich old man for some of my blood to help him get better from whatever sickness he has. then use that money to buy a shit ton of property and go wild. Once I control my abilities I would probably turn some of my best friends. and we can set up a family of high class rich werewolves

Oh and probably kill douchebags

indigim25
05-28-2014, 11:03 PM
Find a pack? XD So I have friends to take care of me as a wolf.

Cotton
05-29-2014, 02:03 AM

Finding a pack is a lot harder than you'd think. Werewolves are kind of cliquish.

The MunchKING
05-29-2014, 04:37 PM

Take over a regular wolf-pack. You tend to be the Alpha in those scenarios.

Mr MajestiK
05-29-2014, 04:46 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/e04gmv.jpg

Been there, done that.

The MunchKING
05-29-2014, 04:50 PM
AH! That's an idea. Get some moves (http://www.zerochan.net/148348#full), and save the world from planet consuming monstrosities.

And try not get Pwned by girls in Little Red Riding Hood Outfits that are toting Uzis and Rocket Launchers.

wjowski
05-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Walk around the streets of Soho with a Chinese menu in my hand.