PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool vs Deathstroke

Postmania
05-08-2014, 08:26 PM
1) Straight up arena battle
2) Deadpool gets prep, Deathstroke doesn't
3) Reverse of the above
4) They both get prep
5) They both get prep, but neither knows who they are preparing for, just a general sense that an assassin battle is going to go down
6) They have the same target, some rich businessman on an island having a party with high tech security. Who gets him first? They are competing with each other, and know about the other one, and can target the other if they want. They can also use all resources at their disposal, basically they can ask for info/help from their friends.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-08-2014, 09:11 PM
1) Deadpool
2) Deadpool
3) Deathstroke
4) Deadpool
5) Deadpool
6) Deadpool/Deathstroke, really depends on what Deadpool gets his hands on.

Basically, Deadpool is a better Deathstroke than Deathstroke, at the end of the day. When the guy actually fights seriously, he does things like mop the floor with Captain America (thanks in large part to his HF), and make Taskmaster look like an utter joke.

As far as the prep goes, Deathstroke could very well be superior, but I can't remember anything off the top of my head that makes it immediately swing his way when they both have prep.

big_adventure
05-09-2014, 01:52 AM
It probably matters how much prep, but to be fair, Wade's massive advantage is that his healing factor will put him back together in minutes after being blown to gibbets of flesh, and he's absolutely not afraid to use that as a technique. Given mutual prep, he'll just explode the entire arena, turning them both to fleshy gibbets, a condition that only Wade is coming back from.

Daenarys Stormborn
05-09-2014, 05:46 AM
1) Straight up arena battle
2) Deadpool gets prep, Deathstroke doesn't
3) Reverse of the above
4) They both get prep
5) They both get prep, but neither knows who they are preparing for, just a general sense that an assassin battle is going to go down
6) They have the same target, some rich businessman on an island having a party with high tech security. Who gets him first? They are competing with each other, and know about the other one, and can target the other if they want. They can also use all resources at their disposal, basically they can ask for info/help from their friends.

1- Maybe deadpool
2- Deathstroke
3-Deathstroke
4-Deathstroke
5-Hard to say. Depends on how much cis influences their arsenal choices. In Slade's case I'd figure he pack stuff to the gills because his target is unknown. Then again, he might be assuming his target is human or a simple meta without any healing factor. In Deadpool's case I have no idea because he's crazy.
6-Slade doesn't have many friends. This one comes down to who brings the stronger sniper rifle. Alternatively, Deadpoll stumbles onto something and wins easily.

big_adventure
05-09-2014, 07:49 AM
1- Maybe deadpool
2- Deathstroke
3-Deathstroke
4-Deathstroke
5-Hard to say. Depends on how much cis influences their arsenal choices. In Slade's case I'd figure he pack stuff to the gills because his target is unknown. Then again, he might be assuming his target is human or a simple meta without any healing factor. In Deadpool's case I have no idea because he's crazy.
6-Slade doesn't have many friends. This one comes down to who brings the stronger sniper rifle. Alternatively, Deadpoll stumbles onto something and wins easily.

Your 1 and 2 don't make any sense: you say that, in a match where neither has prep, Deadpool might win. Then you say that Deathstroke takes the match where Deadpool has one-sided prep. What, is Wade going to use his prep to buy carbonadium bullets and load Slade's gun with them?

Holacik
05-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Your 1 and 2 don't make any sense: you say that, in a match where neither has prep, Deadpool might win. Then you say that Deathstroke takes the match where Deadpool has one-sided prep. What, is Wade going to use his prep to buy carbonadium bullets and load Slade's gun with them?

Deadpool with too much prep:

BitVyper
05-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Looks like exactly enough prep to me.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-09-2014, 09:59 AM
It probably matters how much prep, but to be fair, Wade's massive advantage is that his healing factor will put him back together in minutes after being blown to gibbets of flesh, and he's absolutely not afraid to use that as a technique. Given mutual prep, he'll just explode the entire arena, turning them both to fleshy gibbets, a condition that only Wade is coming back from.

Give Deadpool prep, and he can break into Stark's building, and make a fool of the Thunderbolts, while cracking jokes at Norman Osbourne while wearing the breast plate to the Iron Man suit he hacked/dismantled on the way in. Give him five minutes of prep, and he'll almost kill Ant-Man with bug-spray.

KnockBlock
05-10-2014, 03:33 AM
Deadpool will outlast Deathstroke due to his healing factor.

dupersuper
05-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Looks like exactly enough prep to me.

You always think that when looking at a pile of pancakes, forgetting how filling they are, then after 1 or 2 you're so done.

Staticx
05-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Deadpool will outlast Deathstroke due to his healing factor.

Deadpool's healing factor doesn't prevent him from being KO'd or getting decapitated. Headsman was able to decapitate him in Thunderbolts and he needed to have his head sewed back on.
Also in Suicide Kings Punisher shot his head clean off and it took time for him to regenerate.

That said, Slade wins every round. Deadpool fans may not like it but Deathstroke outclasses Wade in everything minus healing factor.

When Deadpool can simultaneously fight 2 teams of super heroes, he may be in Slade's lead.

master of read
05-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Deadpool's healing factor doesn't prevent him from being KO'd or getting decapitated. Headsman was able to decapitate him in Thunderbolts and he needed to have his head sewed back on.
Also in Suicide Kings Punisher shot his head clean off and it took time for him to regenerate.

That said, Slade wins every round. Deadpool fans may not like it but Deathstroke outclasses Wade in everything minus healing factor.

When Deadpool can simultaneously fight 2 teams of super heroes, he may be in Slade's lead.

which 2 teams do you mean?

Staticx
05-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Outsiders and Titans from the Titan East storyline. He also fought the Justice League in Identity Crisis. Some people claim he had prep but he only prepped for Flash. Everyone else was real time.

master of read
05-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Outsiders and Titans from the Titan East storyline. He also fought the Justice League in Identity Crisis. Some people claim he had prep but he only prepped for Flash. Everyone else was real time.

yeah, him fighting the JLA in identity crisis is heavy CIS/PIS/SMvFL, so its not really usable.

Staticx
05-12-2014, 09:51 PM
The only CIS involved was on Kyle Rayner's part attempting to punch Slade instead of using constructs. Other than that the fight is perfectly legit.

Guy1
05-12-2014, 09:51 PM

The fight with the League is out because of bad writing.
Flash, who is much faster than light, should have blitzed Slade into the ground before he blinked.
Green Lantern decided to try and punch him instead of staying airborne and smacking Slade down with any of the millions of ways available to him.
Not to mention I seriously doubt that Slade could just casually blitz Canary in the way he did before she could let out a sonic scream and flatten him.
And so on.
Slade is good, but he's not at the level of throwing down with the League.

Guy1
05-12-2014, 09:53 PM
The fight with the League is out because of bad writing.
Flash, who is much faster than light, should have blitzed Slade into the ground before he blinked.
Green Lantern decided to try and punch him instead of staying airborne and smacking Slade down with any of the millions of ways available to him.
Not to mention I seriously doubt that Slade could just casually blitz Canary in the way he did before she could let out a sonic scream and flatten him.
And so on.
Slade is good, but he's not at the level of throwing down with the League.

And for the record, consider this a MODERATOR RULING!

Staticx
05-12-2014, 09:59 PM
Flash rarely if ever blitzes human characters at the speed of light, and again, Slade prepped specifically for the Flash. He even commented that Wally made the same mistakes he made when he was Kid Flash.

Outside of Kyle Rayner's CIS, The fight is perfectly legit. Slade blitzing Canary is perfectly fine since Canary is peak human and Slade is meta. Slade has already embarrassed Dinah and Ollie at the same time when he and Drakon were fighting the Arrow family.

Guy1
05-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Alright then, back to the debate.

big_adventure
05-12-2014, 10:32 PM
And for the record, consider this a MODERATOR RULING!

WooHoo! Swing that mod-hammer Guy1! :-)

Fast
05-12-2014, 10:32 PM
So yeah Flash losing to Slade is obviously a no-no in main DC comics continuity. Anyway, DS is good but I'm not sure he's good enough to overcome Pool's healing factor. I'd honestly say Slade may have a tough time beating a Wade without a healing factor as well. Still it is hard to think what a typical Deathstroke is featwise since he is so inconsistent in that regard with a few too many things like taking on whole teams of people who can solo him.

Guy1
05-12-2014, 10:40 PM
So yeah Flash losing to Slade is obviously a no-no in main DC comics continuity. Anyway, DS is good but I'm not sure he's good enough to overcome Pool's healing factor. I'd honestly say Slade may have a tough time beating a Wade without a healing factor as well. Still it is hard to think what a typical Deathstroke is featwise since he is so inconsistent in that regard with a few too many things like taking on whole teams of people who can solo him.

In that case, let's take his feats that are both consistent and make sense for what level he should be at.
Deathstroke VS Batman for example.

StupidMoniker
05-13-2014, 06:15 PM
What stops Pool from strapping a bunch of bombs to himself and teleporting right next to Slade?

big_adventure
05-13-2014, 10:16 PM
What stops Pool from strapping a bunch of bombs to himself and teleporting right next to Slade?

I don't think he can teleport anymore, for one.

But there is still no reason he can't just run up to the dude and blow himself up, or bring enough to blow up the entire arena. Wade gets up from that, Slade does not.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-13-2014, 10:39 PM
I don't think he can teleport anymore, for one.

He had it for a bit in Volume 3. But as of the newer stuff (what with him going to hell and killing dead presidents) I don't remember him having it. He did however get into a fight with a Pimp.

But there is still no reason he can't just run up to the dude and blow himself up, or bring enough to blow up the entire arena. Wade gets up from that, Slade does not.

Is there a concensus around here as far as Deadpool's H2H?

If not, I can see an argument being made for him coming out the better in a fight with Slade thanks to similar skill (if not better), and massively better healing factor/damage soak.

Jonathan
05-13-2014, 10:46 PM
Deathstroke should win all of them except the one where only Deadpool gets prep time.

Holacik
05-13-2014, 11:08 PM
Deathstroke should win all of them except the one where only Deadpool gets prep time.

Based on...?

Jonathan
05-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Based on...?

Superior strength, superior firepower and holding his own against teams of metahumans more frequently. Deathstroke also seems to take combat more seriously which should give him an initiative edge.

big_adventure
05-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Superior strength, superior firepower and holding his own against teams of metahumans more frequently. Deathstroke also seems to take combat more seriously which should give him an initiative edge.

A few problems with the first statement - one, DS does not have superior firepower; two, his strength isn't all THAT superior; three, obviously, Deadpool is totally unbothered by bullets; four, Deadpool wins a double-kill type situation because he'll get better, or at the very least, get better first. He also wins any battle of attrition - so both of them shooting the shit out of the other is a SURE win for 'pool.

And one HUGE problem with the second - on Rumbles, unless a character is mentally incapable of fighting to their best level, they DO fight to their best level. Deadpool has many, many examples of fighting at his best, and his best lets him do stuff like humiliate teams of X-Men and Thunderbolts and such. This means that Deadpool does not hesitate to use, for example, the Torgue solution (BLOW UP EVERYTHING - then get better), which is a sure win for him.

dupersuper
05-14-2014, 07:34 PM
holding his own against teams of metahumans more frequently.

The prime example of which was just mod-ruled away...

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-14-2014, 07:44 PM
The prime example of which was just mod-ruled away...

Considering the circumstances surrounding the 'feat', understandably so.

Guy Smiley
05-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Two questions:

1) Isn't this NuSlade by default? (Eliminating the JLA thing entirely.) And does that special armor his NuSelf apparently has help him here?
2) Can he blow Wade to gibbets from afar (say, via massive application of Dakka) and then keep him messily separated for a 10 count?