PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/ for Wii U

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kevinroc
04-30-2014, 03:50 PM
With the new forum comes a new thread for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/ for Wii U.

Special notes. Transformations will not be a part of this game. Zelda and Sheik are their own selectable characters. Same deal with Samus and Zero Suit Samus. The Pokemon Trainer is also gone with a solo Charizard taking his spot.

Roster:

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Yoshi
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Luigi
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ness
Bowser
Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Dr. Mario
Falco
Marth
Ganondorf
Mr. Game & Watch
Meta Knight
Pit
Zero Suit Samus
Wario
Ike
Charizard
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Olimar (with an Alph alternate)
Lucario
ROB
Toon Link
Sonic
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina & Luma
Little Mac
Greninja
Palutena
Robin
Shulk
Lucina
Dark Pit
Bowser Jr. (with Koopaling alts)
Duck Hunt
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Mii Fighter (Mii Brawler, Mii Swordsman, Mii Gunner)

DLC:

Mewtwo
Lucas
(Other DLC fighters currently unknown)

Stages.

Both versions

Battlefield
Boxing Ring
Final Destination
Gaur Plain
Wily Castle

3DS version

3D Land
rena Ferox
Balloon Fight
Dream Land
Find Mii
Gerudo Valley
Golden Plains
Living Room
Magicant
Mute City
Pac-Maze
Paper Mario
PictoChat 2
Prism Tower
Rainbow Road
Reset Bomb Forest
Spirit Train
Tomodachi Life
Tortimer Island
Unova Pokémon League

Familiar stages on 3DS
Brinstar
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
WarioWare, Inc.
Yoshi's Island

Wii U Version:

Big Battlefield
Coliseum
Duck Hunt
Flat Zone X
Gamer
Garden of Hope
Jungle Hijinxs
Kalos Pokémon League
Mario Circuit
Mario Galaxy
Mushroom Kingdom U
Orbital Gate Assault
Pac-Land
Palutena's Temple
Pilotwings
Pyrosphere
Skyloft
The Great Cave Offensive
ATown and City
Wii Fit Studio
Windy Hill Zone
Woolly World
Wrecking Crew
Wuhu Island

Familiar Stages

Kongo Jungle 64
Onett
Temple
Yoshi's Island
75 m
Bridge of Eldin
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat Cruise
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Norfair
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
Smashville

DLC Stages

Miiverse (Unknown if only for Wii U or both versions)

Assist Trophies

Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Pac-Man Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Advance Wars Infantry
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Prince of Sable
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow The Hedgehog
Starfy
Starman
Skull Kid
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi

Pokeballs

Meowth
Electrode
Goldeen
Staryu
Eevee
Snorlax
Moltres
Mew
Togepi
Bellossom
Entei -
Suicune
Lugia
Gardevoir
Metagross
Latias & Latios
Kyogre
Deoxys
Abomasnow
Palkia
Giratina
Darkrai
Arceus
Victini
Snivy
Oshawott
Zoroark
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Chespin
Fennekin
Fletchling
Gogoat
Swirlix
Inkay
Dedenne
Xerneas

Also, there is the online elements. "For Fun" (All Items, All Stages except Final Destination) and "For Glory" (No items, Final Destination-only. With nearly every stage getting a Final Destination variant to spice things up.)

Edit: If you're still reading this, feel free to add me on miiverse. Username: Kevinroc

Gryphon
04-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Add me on miiverse NNID:Gryphonofmight

Nyssane
04-30-2014, 03:59 PM
It annoys me that the 3DS version and the Wii U version have entirely different stages. Smash Bros. isn't the type of game you want to play on a handheld... you want to be sitting around with your buds in front of a TV.

Anyway, the characters I'm most hoping to see playable are Toad, Medusa, Ghirahim, and Pac-Man.

Kid A
05-02-2014, 10:02 AM
I'll be getting it for 3DS since that's what I and most of my friends have.

Both might be worth it since they seem quite different.

Kevinroc
05-02-2014, 12:08 PM
I'll be getting it for 3DS since that's what I and most of my friends have.

Both might be worth it since they seem quite different.

The 3DS version has "Smash Run," where you can gather power ups before a match starts up. It's very similar in theory to "City Trial" from Kirby Air Ride.

We don't know what kind of feature the Wii U version will have.

The playable characters will be the same. They will share only a few stages. And the assist trophies and pokemon will be "roughly" the same. (Whatever that means. We've seen pics of Midna and Isabelle in both versions.)

Nukky
05-02-2014, 01:10 PM
I didn't know that Sonic was in the cast, nice. There is any picture?
It's the remake version with the scarf or the Sonic Adventure version?

Kevinroc
05-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I didn't know that Sonic was in the cast, nice. There is any picture?
It's the remake version with the scarf or the Sonic Adventure version?

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/sonic.html

And even though he's a veteran, Sonic got a gameplay trailer.

http://youtu.be/QREyxpuYeGU

plan B
05-07-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm super pumped! The most recent version I have is Melee (Game Cube). I'm excited to play as Saga characters! I'm also hoping that Pac-man can be a playable character/

Alan2099
05-07-2014, 07:41 PM
I think half the fun of a Smash bros game coming out is just the speculation of who's going to be in it.

I'm still hoping for Simon Belmont. It's a longshot, yeah., but he was a classic NES character and it's be nice to see him Pit and Megaman back together again.

Ghost
05-09-2014, 01:30 AM
Ive yet to play or buy a Smash Bros game :(. I was about to buy Brawl for Wii, but then they announced the WiiU version. Does anyone know if the adventure mode will still be in SSB WiiU?

Ghost
05-09-2014, 01:33 AM
I'm still hoping for Simon Belmont. It's a longshot, yeah., but he was a classic NES character and it's be nice to see him Pit and Megaman back together again.

That would be awesome haha. I think it would be pretty easy to implement things like the cross, holy water, 'vania pot roast etc.

MarvelMaster616
05-09-2014, 02:40 AM
I want to be excited about this game, but the Wii-U has been so underwhelming. I've been looking for a reason to buy it to replace my old Wii and I've yet to find that reason. I get the sense that if this game underperforms for Nintendo, then I think it's safe to say that the Wii-U is a step back. At the very least, the 3DS continues to do well. That will keep Nintendo going. But I think they're doomed to lose this round of the console wars.

Pinsir
05-09-2014, 06:06 PM
I had at list of potential characters to speculate upon.

Some characters that may still make it:

> Paleutana
> Chrom/Tharja
> Krystal
> Drill Dozer
> ?

I doubt there will be much else, maybe two more

Some characters that have been disqualified:

> Saki
> Comander Red
> Ridley
> Starfy
> Waluigi
> Skull Kid
> Goroh
> Dillion
> Isabelle
> Lyn

Kevinroc
05-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Here are the characters I would keep an eye out for.

1: Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles). Represents Nintendo's new 1st party studio, Monolith Soft. Xenoblade was their first game and Shulk was the main character of said game.

2: Palutena (Kid Icarus). Masahiro Sakurai has made a few games beyond the Smash Bros. and Kirby series. Kid Icarus Uprising was one of them. So Pit's boss, the Goddess of Light herself, seems like a perfect second Kid Icarus character.

3: Chrom or Lucina (Fire Emblem Awakening). Fire Emblem was in trouble. Sales were falling. Interest was waning. And then came Awakening. It saved the franchise. Chrom is essentially the lead of FE:A. Lucina is the actual protagonist of FE:A. I'd put more money on Chrom even though Lucina seems more popular in Japan.

4: Pac-Man. Just because Bandai-Namco is doing a lot of the grunt work in making this game.

5: Mii. Because the Mii are in just about everything lately.

ZeonsSilverStar
05-09-2014, 09:10 PM
I kinda suck with speculation but I know I'd like to see Mewtwo make a return if only to see its Mega forms used.

CrimsonEchidna
05-10-2014, 10:18 AM
I want to see Bayonetta get added as a guest character. It would be nice cross promotion since Bayonetta 2 will be coming out on the Wii-U.

Nyssane
05-10-2014, 12:07 PM
1: Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles). Represents Nintendo's new 1st party studio, Monolith Soft. Xenoblade was their first game and Shulk was the main character of said game.

I dunno who that is.

2: Palutena (Kid Icarus). Masahiro Sakurai has made a few games beyond the Smash Bros. and Kirby series. Kid Icarus Uprising was one of them. So Pit's boss, the Goddess of Light herself, seems like a perfect second Kid Icarus character.

I think they'd pick a villain over another heroic type character from that series. Medusa or possibly Hades seem more likely to me. Plus, I don't think Palutena even fights in Kid Icarus: Uprising (beyond the evil version of her).

3: Chrom or Lucina (Fire Emblem Awakening). Fire Emblem was in trouble. Sales were falling. Interest was waning. And then came Awakening. It saved the franchise. Chrom is essentially the lead of FE:A. Lucina is the actual protagonist of FE:A. I'd put more money on Chrom even though Lucina seems more popular in Japan.

I think Chrom is a safe bet, not sure about Lucina.

4: Pac-Man. Just because Bandai-Namco is doing a lot of the grunt work in making this game.

Yes, please!

5: Mii. Because the Mii are in just about everything lately.

Ugh, probably, but hopefully not. I get so annoyed when people pick a Mii instead of a Mario character in Mario Kart.

Kevinroc
05-10-2014, 03:50 PM
I dunno who that is.

Okay. A little backstory.

Japanese video game developer Tetsuya Takahashi left Square (after he created Xenogears) and accepted an investment opportunity from Namco. This led to the creation of Monolith Soft. He created the Xenosaga series in this time period. In 2007, Nintendo purchased Monolith Soft. Xenoblade (known as Xenoblade Chronicles in the US) was released for the Wii in 2010 in Japan, 2011 in Europe and 2012 in the US.

Shulk is the main character of Xenoblade Chronicles. He battles against synthetic life with a lightsaber-like sword known as the Monado. This sword allows Shulk to see visions of the future (no idea how they would implement this in Smash Bros.), create forcefields, and cause all kinds of status buffs and special attacks.

(Plus, Xenoblade has a great soundtrack.)

Since Monolith Soft is working on a Wii U RPG (currently known only as "X") that may or may not be related to Xenoblade, I think Shulk has a shot.

I think they'd pick a villain over another heroic type character from that series. Medusa or possibly Hades seem more likely to me. Plus, I don't think Palutena even fights in Kid Icarus: Uprising (beyond the evil version of her).

The Japanese name for the series is "Hikari Shinwa: Parutena no Kagami." (Myth of Light: Palutena's Mirror.")

The series is literally named after her. Having a villain before Palutena would be like having Ganondorf before Zelda.

I think Chrom is a safe bet, not sure about Lucina.

Yeah, Chrom is probably the safest bet there is.

Yes, please!

If we do have Pac-Man, I'm really curious how they would make him work.

Ugh, probably, but hopefully not. I get so annoyed when people pick a Mii instead of a Mario character in Mario Kart.

I'm not exactly looking at the Mii as my most wanted either.

wjowski
05-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Be nice if Nintendo showed their Mario RPG series some love.

Nyssane
05-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Okay. A little backstory.

Japanese video game developer Tetsuya Takahashi left Square (after he created Xenogears) and accepted an investment opportunity from Namco. This led to the creation of Monolith Soft. He created the Xenosaga series in this time period. In 2007, Nintendo purchased Monolith Soft. Xenoblade (known as Xenoblade Chronicles in the US) was released for the Wii in 2010 in Japan, 2011 in Europe and 2012 in the US.

Shulk is the main character of Xenoblade Chronicles. He battles against synthetic life with a lightsaber-like sword known as the Monado. This sword allows Shulk to see visions of the future (no idea how they would implement this in Smash Bros.), create forcefields, and cause all kinds of status buffs and special attacks.

(Plus, Xenoblade has a great soundtrack.)

Since Monolith Soft is working on a Wii U RPG (currently known only as "X") that may or may not be related to Xenoblade, I think Shulk has a shot.

I think that'd be cool, but it does seem like a bit of a stretch.

The Japanese name for the series is "Hikari Shinwa: Parutena no Kagami." (Myth of Light: Palutena's Mirror.")

The series is literally named after her. Having a villain before Palutena would be like having Ganondorf before Zelda.

I do think they'd put in Ganondorf over Zelda if they had to choose between them. Zelda doesn't really fight in most of the games, just like Palutena. I think it'd be cool if they added both Medusa AND Palutena (since Kid Icarus has a great cast of female characters), but I think they'd opt for the series villain over the secondary protagonist.

If we do have Pac-Man, I'm really curious how they would make him work.

I just hope that if he is in it, they don't use that god awful "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures" or whatever design. Seriously, it's awful. We need classic Pac (with a Ms. Pac-Man alternate costume!). Although it most likely will never happen, I think it'd be cool to have the ghosts as a playable character, too. I loves me some Clyde.

Be nice if Nintendo showed their Mario RPG series some love.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a series, since there's only one game in it. Unless you're including Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi. Geno would be a cool character, and he seems to have a large fanbase. Who knows? Nobody really expected the fan-favorite Koopalings to make a reappearance either. I just want Toad as a playable character. He's the last of the big Mario characters, but since they already showed that he's still part of Peach's attacks, I doubt we'll see him playable this game. I hope in the future, they turn her move into Toadsworth or something, and have Toad playable.

wjowski
05-11-2014, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call it a series, since there's only one game in it. Unless you're including Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi. Geno would be a cool character, and he seems to have a large fanbase.

Pretty much. The original SNES game, the Paper games, Dream Team, etc. Plenty of stuff there.

Kevinroc
05-11-2014, 11:57 PM
I think that'd be cool, but it does seem like a bit of a stretch.

Maybe. But a lot of people are talking about Shulk. And with characters from less prominent franchises like Marth and Ness in this series, it might not be as much of a stretch as it seems.

I do think they'd put in Ganondorf over Zelda if they had to choose between them. Zelda doesn't really fight in most of the games, just like Palutena. I think it'd be cool if they added both Medusa AND Palutena (since Kid Icarus has a great cast of female characters), but I think they'd opt for the series villain over the secondary protagonist.

I'm not trying to start an argument but precedence argues otherwise. After all, we got Diddy Kong in the game before any Donkey Kong villain. We got Luigi before Bowser. We even got a "Zero Suit Samus" before Ridley or any other kind of Metroid baddie.

If anything, Smash Bros. seems to go out of its way to include secondary protagonists ahead of villains. That's why I think we'd get Palutena before we got a Medusa or a Hades.

I just hope that if he is in it, they don't use that god awful "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures" or whatever design. Seriously, it's awful. We need classic Pac (with a Ms. Pac-Man alternate costume!). Although it most likely will never happen, I think it'd be cool to have the ghosts as a playable character, too. I loves me some Clyde.

I know, right? I'm just really curious how they would make the Pac work.

Kevinroc
05-16-2014, 01:49 PM
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228447-nintendo-hosting-two-q-a-sessions-at-e3-one-for-smash-bros-one-for-a-new-3ds-game

Nintendo is hosting a special q&a with Masahiro Sakurai at E3. (They are also doing another special q&a for an unannounced 3DS game.)

I guess we're going to have a real blow-out at E3 this year.

Kevinroc
05-23-2014, 12:33 AM
Fire Emblem's Ike has been confirmed to return for Smash 4. Complete with a redesign based on his appearance from Radiant Dawn. Many female fans and more than a few male fans should be pleased.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/ike.html

(I still think we'll get a 3rd Fire Emblem rep. The series has proven itself worthy of a 3rd rep.)

AlexStone
05-23-2014, 06:15 AM
Do they usually announce all the characters (even unlockables) before launch?

Nyssane
05-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Ike looks pretty great even if I wasn't a huge fan of him previously (I prefer Marth, but he's already in). I remember the creator said something like they aren't all about adding new characters this time around, yet... they keep adding the old ones! The ones that I figured they'd ditch (Ike, ZS Samus, Olimar, Lucario).

After seeing Impa's design for Hyrule Warriors, I wish they added her in the game instead of Sheik. I've always been an Impa fan.

Alan2099
05-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Honestly I'm really surprised that they haven't included Impa in any version yet.

And has anybody hear anything one way or another on Mr. Game & Watch making a come back? I always loved that guy.

Ghost
05-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Honestly I'm really surprised that they haven't included Impa in any version yet.

I want to slap myself for saying this, but, maybe DLC? :p

Nyssane
05-23-2014, 11:32 AM
I definitely think there will be DLC, for this and for Mario Kart 8.

Nintendo added DLC for the Mario Golf 3DS, so I think they're getting wise to what people want. I'd honestly buy all DLC for Smash Bros., if I wanted the characters/stages/whatever or not.

Kevinroc
05-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Ike looks pretty great even if I wasn't a huge fan of him previously (I prefer Marth, but he's already in). I remember the creator said something like they aren't all about adding new characters this time around, yet... they keep adding the old ones! The ones that I figured they'd ditch (Ike, ZS Samus, Olimar, Lucario).

After seeing Impa's design for Hyrule Warriors, I wish they added her in the game instead of Sheik. I've always been an Impa fan.

The idea was a sequel couldn't just be about adding new characters, not that there wouldn't be new characters (it's an important distinction to make). There have to be things in the game play that express new ideas. So something like Smash Run for the 3DS version may be what Sakurai has in mind.

And has anybody hear anything one way or another on Mr. Game & Watch making a come back? I always loved that guy.

Nothing about G&W. But I can't imagine he'd be removed from the line-up.

Auguste Dupin
05-24-2014, 07:19 AM

Actually, Sakurai has stated he only put Ganondorf (among others, but not including Zelda) in Melee because he felt the roster wasn't big enough and looked for characters he could turn into clone. That's why he has Captain Falcon's moveset.

Kid A
05-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Fire Emblem's Ike has been confirmed to return for Smash 4. Complete with a redesign based on his appearance from Radiant Dawn. Many female fans and more than a few male fans should be pleased.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/ike.html

(I still think we'll get a 3rd Fire Emblem rep. The series has proven itself worthy of a 3rd rep.)

That's surprising; IIRC, Ike isn't in the latest Fire Emblem.

But it's good news. Ike was my boy in Brawl.

Gryphon
05-29-2014, 11:41 AM
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/472076848382607361

Gamecube controllers are compatible ( Nintendo is making an adapter)

Nyssane
05-29-2014, 12:12 PM
I'd rather use the pro controllers personally.

Kevinroc
06-02-2014, 01:38 AM
They just announced a new stage for the Wii U version. "Mushroom Kingdom U," based on New Super Mario Bros. U. This stage will be in the demo version at E3. (Will it also be at Best Buys? Assuming the demo at E3 is the same build as the Best Buy demo, I would think so.)

Nyssane
06-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Nice! I'm hoping for a Super Mario 3D World map myself.

Gryphon
06-02-2014, 10:25 AM
I just really want shulk to be in the game

and Gaur plains as a stage

Kevinroc
06-06-2014, 02:16 PM
We just got a new Fire Emblem stage for the Wii U version. The Coliseum, representing the Fire Emblem franchise.

Hhmm... They show off Ike a few weeks ago. And now a new Fire Emblem stage just before E3.

Beacon
06-10-2014, 09:53 AM
And it got delayed again. The 3DS version is now scheduled for October 3rd. No idea if that’s just the Japanese date but I don’t really expect it until 2015 at this point.

Still no date on the Wii U game beyond “winter”.

AlexStone
06-10-2014, 09:56 AM
With Palutena and Mii confirmed the Gematsu leak is looking pretty accurate. Wonder if any more (http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros) will be confirmed before E3 is over?

Kevinroc
06-10-2014, 11:00 AM
And it got delayed again. The 3DS version is now scheduled for October 3rd. No idea if that’s just the Japanese date but I don’t really expect it until 2015 at this point.

Still no date on the Wii U game beyond “winter”.

The Japanese release date is September 13th according to their website. I have no idea why Nintendo isn't aiming for a worldwide release date for the 3DS version. (I would say something about the Wii U version but we didn't get any new info about that.)

MikeP
06-10-2014, 11:05 AM
The Plutena announcement video, at first, made me think they were announcing a Smash Brothers anime. That would have been a great tie in.

Kevinroc
06-10-2014, 11:11 AM
The Plutena announcement video, at first, made me think they were announcing a Smash Brothers anime. That would have been a great tie in.

They made some Kid Icarus anime shorts before the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Step
06-10-2014, 11:13 AM
I actually like that it's delayed, it seemed really stupid to release them with such a huge time gap, most people would've probs just bought the 3DS one, butchering the Wii U sales.

Pinsir
06-10-2014, 11:15 AM
They made some Kid Icarus anime shorts before the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Yeah the anime series are avaliable on your 3ds for free I think. There are 3 of them

> add Squidgirls for playable character
> I wouldn't mind buying a few amoebii for their collectibility
> can't wait
> Nintendo has won

MikeP
06-10-2014, 11:19 AM

I hope the do the same with this. I missed out on Kid Icarus: Uprising due to lack of funds. I can't afford a 3DS.

Jcogginsa
06-10-2014, 11:22 AM
I hope the do the same with this. I missed out on Kid Icarus: Uprising due to lack of funds. I can't afford a 3DS.

A 2DS might be an option depending on your funds

Pinsir
06-10-2014, 11:27 AM

I was able to get a 3DS a year after its release for a 100$ at a Walmart. Its a normal sized one too, just pink. If you look hard enough I'm sure you can find a similar deal now, especially for a used one.

Cmbmool
06-10-2014, 01:51 PM
With Palutena and Mii confirmed the Gematsu leak is looking pretty accurate. Wonder if any more (http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros) will be confirmed before E3 is over?

I'm hoping for the same thing too.

Gryphon
06-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Pac man was just confirmed for smash

ZeonsSilverStar
06-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Pac man was just confirmed for smash

Just saw the announcement over at the SSBwiki and the roster is shaping up to be pretty good. If they put Ness, Cap. Falcon and Mewtwo back in I'll be satisfied. I am not liking that October release date though.

Jcogginsa
06-10-2014, 08:20 PM
do we have a pac man reveal trailer?

Gryphon
06-10-2014, 08:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3ccMoQNHo

thor
06-10-2014, 08:52 PM
I can not stand that its on hand help but I'm going to buy it anyway.

ZeonsSilverStar
06-10-2014, 09:17 PM
I'm liking Pac-Man's reveal artwork but Greninja still has the best to me.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/a/a0/Pac-Man_Poster.jpg

Jeremi
06-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Disappointed in the Mii add but everything else revealed is awesome. Would've liked Medusa over Palutena but still a solid add.

jump
06-11-2014, 01:46 AM
Meh to Pac-Man & Miis, I was hoping for Mallo from Pullblox/Pushmo but I'm happy with the overall roster.

MarvelMaster616
06-11-2014, 02:38 AM
This may be the one game that finally gives the Wii-U the boost it has so badly needed since it was launched. I love Smash Brothers. It's probably the only fighting game I really enjoy and am semi-competent at playing. It's one of those games where I don't mind the delays because I know the final product will be awesome. Can't wait for this. If it's a holiday release, then it will be at the top of my Christmas list.

Cmbmool
06-11-2014, 06:20 AM

Talk about your retro moment. :D

Kid A
06-11-2014, 06:32 AM
This may be the one game that finally gives the Wii-U the boost it has so badly needed since it was launched. I love Smash Brothers. It's probably the only fighting game I really enjoy and am semi-competent at playing. It's one of those games where I don't mind the delays because I know the final product will be awesome. Can't wait for this. If it's a holiday release, then it will be at the top of my Christmas list.

Unfortunately the 3DS will likely undermine the boost this might give the Wii U. Though delaying it was probably a good idea to soften that.

JCAll
06-11-2014, 09:03 AM

What the heck is Megaman shooting at, there isn't a ghost near him.

Jcogginsa
06-11-2014, 09:09 AM
What the heck is Megaman shooting at, there isn't a ghost near him.

he was shooting at Mario, who jumped over the attack

Alan2099
06-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Pac-man!?!

This just keeps getting better and better!

I also loved the anime style movie for Palutena. ... Now I just really wish they'd make an actual Smash bros anime. Or a manga. Or even an 80s style cartoon series.

Nyssane
06-11-2014, 12:11 PM
I liked the Palutena reveal... until they felt the need to flash up on her arching her back to stick out her ass, and then flash up on her breasts. I thought we were past that stuff.

Love the Pac-Man reveal, though. I'm so happy they kept his classic 3D appearance rather than the current (awful) Ghostly Adventures version.

Kevinroc
06-11-2014, 01:10 PM
I found the Mii trailer that aired during Nintendo's E3 event pretty amusing. That might just be because it had Iwata and Reggie "fighting." (Sakurai got his bosses to pretend fight. I just think that's funny.)

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/cv14mh/super-smash-bros--u-e3-2014--mii-trailer

JCAll
06-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Not gonna lie, I was all ready to be mad if they announced Miis before Captain Falcon and Mewtwo, but the fight scene won me over. Just can't be mad after that.

neonrideraryeh
06-11-2014, 01:57 PM
I also loved the anime style movie for Palutena. ... Now I just really wish they'd make an actual Smash bros anime. Or a manga. Or even an 80s style cartoon series.
Yeah, that was really good. I would like to see a Smash Bros show too. I think that clip showed that they could pull it off.

Beacon
06-12-2014, 04:01 PM
I am laughing so hard...

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-super-smash-bros

ZeonsSilverStar
06-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Got a little anxious today and went ahead and preordered the 3DS version. I even got invited to a local tournament when the game comes, it was open to anyone who preordered.

Kid A
06-12-2014, 06:30 PM
I am laughing so hard...

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-super-smash-bros

Hahaha great.

"Looks like one of the guys from daft punk."

Sprite
06-12-2014, 07:05 PM
I hope I can play it at Best Buy tomorrow. I had to skip the other date due to classes.

Ghost
06-13-2014, 08:31 AM
For those that are more familiar with the Smash Bros series, is there a reason some characters arent included in the newer game? Like Captain Falcon, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ness and Wario? Or do you think theyre just saving some characters to reveal later on?

Kevinroc
06-13-2014, 09:17 AM
For those that are more familiar with the Smash Bros series, is there a reason some characters arent included in the newer game? Like Captain Falcon, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ness and Wario? Or do you think theyre just saving some characters to reveal later on?

In previous Smash Bros. games, not all characters were revealed before the game was released. That seems to be the case here. I have no doubt that Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ness, and Wario will be back. (Dr. Mario is totally gone, though. He wasn't in the last Smash Bros. game either.)

Nyssane
06-13-2014, 09:21 AM
In previous Smash Bros. games, not all characters were revealed before the game was released. That seems to be the case here. I have no doubt that Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ness, and Wario will be back. (Dr. Mario is totally gone, though. He wasn't in the last Smash Bros. game either.)

None of those matter compared to Jigglypuff. I will be so sour if she doesn't return.

Ghost
06-13-2014, 09:25 AM

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess if past rosters are any indication there may possibly be over 40 characters in this one? At least Im hoping it continues to grow.. The addition of Mega man and Little Mac were great choices.

Kevinroc
06-13-2014, 09:27 AM
None of those matter compared to Jigglypuff. I will be so sour if she doesn't return.

At this point in time, I don't think we'll ever see one of the characters from the first game being cut from this franchise.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess if past rosters are any indication there may possibly be over 40 characters in this one? At least Im hoping it continues to grow.. The addition of Mega man and Little Mac were great choices.

People get nervous when their favorites aren't announced. Some people thought that Yoshi had been cut because they took so long to announce him. But as we saw, Yoshi was not cut.

Sakurai hates cutting characters. And while he's said that not every character will be in the new game, we saw the return of characters people really thought would be cut such as Toon Link and Ike.

And yes, I've been greatly impressed with the character selection process of this game.

JDogindy
06-13-2014, 09:30 AM
All I care about now is Isaac making the cut.

Step
06-13-2014, 09:37 AM

Yes! Best Pokemon, she better make it :mad:

But she's been in since the original so I think she's okay.

And yeah, Dr. Mario ain't making it back, maybe as an alt costume.

Scholar87
06-13-2014, 06:55 PM
The game looks really cool so far. I've liked all the new characters that have been revealed.

JDogindy
06-14-2014, 01:35 PM
The game looks really cool so far. I've liked all the new characters that have been revealed.

I enjoyed most of them. However, if Palutena made it in, I hope Medusa gets the nod. You know, because all three central Kid Icarus characters would be in, and I'd sorta get a thrill out of Medusa beating up on the other two.

Luckily on the Isaac issue, the Best Buy demos are coming to a close and none of them have featured Isaac at all.

JCAll
06-14-2014, 03:44 PM
I enjoyed most of them. However, if Palutena made it in, I hope Medusa gets the nod. You know, because all three central Kid Icarus characters would be in, and I'd sorta get a thrill out of Medusa beating up on the other two.

Luckily on the Isaac issue, the Best Buy demos are coming to a close and none of them have featured Isaac at all.

Dark Pit got teased. I'm thinking assist trophy.

Gryphon
06-15-2014, 08:16 AM
Dark Pit got teased. I'm thinking assist trophy.

alternate costume/skin

Nyssane
06-15-2014, 08:20 AM
I wonder if Ms. Pac-Man will be an alternate costume for Pac-Man? I really hope so...

Beacon
06-15-2014, 02:34 PM
I sort of feel like Ganon is a given. Past that I figure everything else is up in the air…though I really want Chrom and, er, the OTHER “Marth” from Fire Emblem Awakening because they’re a heck of a lot more relevant than Ike or Roy.

I wonder if Ms. Pac-Man will be an alternate costume for Pac-Man? I really hope so...

I’m fine with that – she isn’t unique enough to justify being her own character – but reading “alternate costume” just makes me think of Pac-Man in drag. Have we actually seen “Ms. Pac-Man” in the same room with Pac-Man?

the_key_24
06-15-2014, 03:21 PM
Yes, beginning of Pac-Man World

OptimusKlein
06-17-2014, 05:03 AM
Yet another great reason why I need to start saving money and buy a 3ds! I hope Falco makes it back. IMO Melee was the best of the three games, it was perfectly paced and didn't have any massively overpowered characters.

Gryphon
07-11-2014, 07:31 AM
New character will be announced Monday. Place your bets now

Nyssane
07-11-2014, 09:12 AM
I think it'll be Shulk, but I hope it's Medusa or Impa.

Gryphon
07-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Its almost definitely shulk. Monolith soft employees retweeted the announcement

JCAll
07-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Its almost definitely shulk. Monolith soft employees retweeted the announcement

I hope it's Kalas from Baten Kaitos.

Kevinroc
07-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Everyone's expecting Shulk. Watch it be Chrom. :p

Gryphon
07-11-2014, 04:48 PM
I hope it's Kalas from Baten Kaitos.

The writer of Xenoblade retweeted it

Gryphon
07-11-2014, 04:51 PM
I wish Ridley was in it. Damn him being too big.

the_key_24
07-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Chorus Men

JCAll
07-11-2014, 06:21 PM
The writer of Xenoblade retweeted it

Too bad. Monolith Soft made Baten Kaitos, was hoping they were drumming up support for a third.

Beacon
07-11-2014, 06:36 PM
Everyone's expecting Shulk. Watch it be Chrom. :p

I really want Chrom but I expect someone we all know is coming anyway like Ganon

Kevinroc
07-11-2014, 08:18 PM
I really want Chrom but I expect someone we all know is coming anyway like Ganon

I don't think we'll get a Zelda newcomer. I think classic Ganondorf is coming back (hopefully tweaked so he's less like Captain Falcon). The trailer is for a newcomer. (And I don't think we're getting a new Zelda newcomer for this game.)

If we believe the "gematsu leak," then our newcomers are Shulk, Chrom, and the "Chorus Men" (from Rythm Heaven). Shulk is the most speculated (and I think that most people have only heard of him through the "gematsu leak.")

If you want to know what the "gematsu leak" is, we'll keep it simple.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_rumors#E3_2013.2FGematsu_leak

To sum it up, before the game's reveal, the owner of Gematsu.com, Sal Romano, received an e-mail that claimed 6 characters would be revealed. "Animal Crossing Guy," (Villager), Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and the Mii would be revealed. Three of those characters were revealed the next day (Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer). The day of the Smash Bros. Direct, Romano posted a second "leak" which he claimed was the same source as the first. This "leak" stated that Mii and Pac-Man were still going to be revealed (Little Mac had already been revealed by that point), and that the additional characters were Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, "Chorus Men," and a Pokemon from X/Y (Greninja was revealed at the end of that Smash Direct).

The only character he missed was Rosalina (who was revealed in between the first list and the second list).

While I would agree that skepticism is always healthy with things like this, it's not out of the realm of possibility that this could be legit. Particularly with weird little things going on (Rythm Heaven enemies were spotted in Smash Run, for example).

Nyssane
07-12-2014, 07:48 AM
I'd be a little surprised if we don't get a Zelda newcomer... we haven't had a new Zelda character since Melee, and Zelda is one of Nintendo's top game franchises.

The Chorus Men is the worst idea for a character IMO. I played Rhythm Heaven and loved it, but that doesn't mean I want a representative from that series in this game, lol. Although watch them end up being one of my favorites. I fully believe, though, that the gematsu leak is true. There's no way they could've guessed random ass characters like the Wii Fit Trainer.

Kevinroc
07-12-2014, 08:59 AM
I'd be a little surprised if we don't get a Zelda newcomer... we haven't had a new Zelda character since Melee, and Zelda is one of Nintendo's top game franchises.

Who would it be? Zelda's a big franchise, that's why they have a lot of representatives. But there's no other recurring character that haven't already been showcased in some way. Link, Young/Toon Link represent the multiple Links that exist. Zelda goes without saying. Sheik is in because she was a case the timing just worked out for her, and Ganondorf is the big bad of the series (although I would like it if he were a lot less like Captain Falcon).

Tingle? I don't know how that would go over if Tingle were promoted to playable. The Zelda team has been phasing him out somewhat because "Americans Hate Tingle."

Impa? I think Sheik has you covered there. (Although Hyrule Warriors has you covered on that front.)

Vaati?

Midna? Fi? Another one-shot character? This isn't Hyrule Warriors. There are other Nintendo characters vying for spots that need to be represented. And that's to the credit of Smash Bros. They go out of their way to make sure some of the B and C list franchises get represented.

The Chorus Men is the worst idea for a character IMO. I played Rhythm Heaven and loved it, but that doesn't mean I want a representative from that series in this game, lol. Although watch them end up being one of my favorites. I fully believe, though, that the gematsu leak is true. There's no way they could've guessed random ass characters like the Wii Fit Trainer.

I agree. I would say some skepticism is healthy, but seeing character after character confirmed, and that Wii Fit Trainer.

I am perfectly okay with the new roster if this is the case.

(And hey, there's always DLC.)

Nyssane
07-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Well, they did add Rosalina, who is a very recent addition to Mario lore (how she got in over Toad is beyond me).

Twinrova would be an interesting choice for Zelda newcomers, since they're recurring villains in the series. Ghirahim would also be nice to see, or Vaati.

Kevinroc
07-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Well, they did add Rosalina, who is a very recent addition to Mario lore (how she got in over Toad is beyond me).

Twinrova would be an interesting choice for Zelda newcomers, since they're recurring villains in the series. Ghirahim would also be nice to see, or Vaati.

I'm not so shocked by Rosalina, because Nintendo seems to really like her. Toad? I am not sure. It might just be bad timing that he was used as a move for Peach and they fell into a pattern. (Kind of like how Sheik got in at all despite only being significant in one Zelda game.)

The problem with Vaati is he was a creation of Flagship (a joint venture between Nintendo and Capcom to make Zelda games that has since gone by the wayside) and really only appears in Flagship games. Maybe if he's in Hyrule Warriors, he could get some kind of acknowledgement from Nintendo again.

Twinrova seems to suffer from just being yet another boss. Not really a major player in the games she shows up in. (I'll also get to the villain thing in a bit.)

Ghirahim suffers from only being the baddie in one Zelda game. And not even the main baddie. It's similar to Zant's situation in Twilight Princess. (And here's where I get back to the villain thing. Smash Bros. tends not to add a lot of villains. We still don't even have a playable Ridley. And I wouldn't hold my breath for King K. Rool, even if there is DLC. Medusa and Hades also seem like they're sitting this one out.)

JCAll
07-12-2014, 03:14 PM
It would be nice to see Vaati again, I miss him. It would be nice to see the Skull Kid too, but I've already beaten that horse to death.

jump
07-14-2014, 01:22 AM
Intresting, Rayman is going to be a trophy in it...

jump
07-14-2014, 07:02 AM
It's Captain Falcon, Lucina, Chrom and Robin.

Kevinroc
07-14-2014, 07:29 AM
It's Captain Falcon, Lucina, Chrom and Robin.

Chrom isn't playable. He doesn't have a page on the main site.

It's Captain Falcon, Lucina, and Robin.

(Gematsu "leak" shut down? Damn!)

Nukky
07-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Nice to see female characters from Fire Emblem playable this time. Way to go, Nintendo.

Beacon
07-14-2014, 07:50 AM
The video outright states Chrom is in it. Toward the end of the video he laments “I suppose I get my chance another day” and is answered with “No, you’ll get it today” and some of his gameplay footage.

Also note that we get male AND female Robin.

Gryphon
07-14-2014, 07:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ytrX0wweA

Kevinroc
07-14-2014, 07:53 AM
The video outright states Chrom is in it. Toward the end of the video he laments “I suppose I get my chance another day” and is answered with “No, you’ll get it today” and some of his gameplay footage.

Also note that we get male AND female Robin. I'm so proud of my little girl.

Chrom isn't on the main site as a playable character. Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon are listed as playable characters. I think Chrom is a part of Robin's final smash.

(I'm glad they let you pick what gender you want Robin to be. Similar to Wii Fit Trainer and Villager.)

Gryphon
07-14-2014, 07:53 AM

Also note that we get male AND female Robin. I'm so proud of my little girl.

Nintendo confirmed chrom isn't playable. ( He's part of a final smash or an assist trophy)

Gryphon
07-14-2014, 08:16 AM
http://playeressence.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-nintendo-confirms-chrom-is-not-playable/

Nintendo confirmed chrom isn't playable

Kevinroc
07-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Chrom being a Final Smash for Robin is an interesting way of integrating the tag team mechanic from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

sunofdarkchild
07-14-2014, 11:20 AM
It would make more sense for Chrom to be Lucina's final smash and have Robin turn into Grima.

Nyssane
07-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Very cool! I still haven't played Fire Emblem: Awakening, but I like Lucina and Robin so far. LOVE that you can play as male or female Robin.

Alan2099
07-14-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm not a fan of the Fire Emblem series, but Robin looks pretty cool.

Beacon
07-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Well then that trailer is all kinds of misleading. Very disappointed in the lack of Chrom. He’s a heck of a lot more relevant than Ike.

Also kind of surprised Lucina doesn’t have a mask.

Kevinroc
07-15-2014, 03:27 PM
Well then that trailer is all kinds of misleading. Very disappointed in the lack of Chrom. He’s a heck of a lot more relevant than Ike.

Also kind of surprised Lucina doesn’t have a mask.

Sakurai likes doing misleading trailers. Remember the Greninja trailer?

(I'm not surprised by Lucina's lack of a mask. But maybe she has an alternate costume where she wears the mask. Kind of like how Little Mac has a pink hoodie alternate despite his opening animation showing him taking off his pink hoodie.)

Beacon
07-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Sakurai likes doing misleading trailers. Remember the Greninja trailer?

The trailer that showed Greninja in shadow, then in full, and then showed his gameplay footage? That would only be misleading if he wasn’t in the game.

Granted I’m sure a lot of us were hoping the shadowy figure was Mewtwo but it isn’t like they announced Mewtwo’s presence, showed a bunch of Mewtwo footage, and then followed up with a stealth press release saying he isn’t playable. Now that’s misleading … and its exactly what the did with Chrom.

Kid A
07-16-2014, 11:37 AM

Yeah, but personally I'm so glad Ike is still there; he was my boy in Brawl.

Chrom is probably too similar to Marth.

Beacon
07-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Chrom is probably too similar to Marth.

So replace MARTH with Chrom. Marth hasn't been a major character in a FE game in ages. Heck, most Americans didn't know who he was until he showed up on Smash Bros. Chrom was the male lead in the last FE game.

As for Ike...well that's a bit like saying Henry from Awakening deserves to be in a game. Urgh, now I really want Henry in this; he's just so affably evil. Also it'd be nice to have a "pure magic" type in Smash Bros instead of a brawler (everyone in the old games and Lucina) or someone in the middle (Robin/Avatar).

Kevinroc
07-16-2014, 03:00 PM
So replace MARTH with Chrom. Marth hasn't been a major character in a FE game in ages. Heck, most Americans didn't know who he was until he showed up on Smash Bros. Chrom was the male lead in the last FE game.

As for Ike...well that's a bit like saying Henry from Awakening deserves to be in a game. Urgh, now I really want Henry in this; he's just so affably evil. Also it'd be nice to have a "pure magic" type in Smash Bros instead of a brawler (everyone in the old games and Lucina) or someone in the middle (Robin/Avatar).

As long as Fire Emblem is being represented in Smash Bros., Marth will never be cut.

Kid A
07-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Yeah Fire Emblem is different from usual Nintendo games in how the main characters shift around, but I think for Super Smash, they want to have one definitive character for each franchise, and so it's Marth for FE.

Gryphon
07-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Ike is in by virtue of the fact that his games were the first console games to release internationally

Kevinroc
07-16-2014, 09:28 PM
Yeah Fire Emblem is different from usual Nintendo games in how the main characters shift around, but I think for Super Smash, they want to have one definitive character for each franchise, and so it's Marth for FE.

Marth is the star of the first Fire Emblem. His game has had a direct sequel, and multiple remakes (we have yet to have a non-Marth FE remake). Awakening also VERY heavily relies on his name (with Chrom and Lucina being distant descendants of the legendary hero-king.) The logo for Fire Emblem is even Marth's sword.

As long as Fire Emblem is being represented in Smash, Marth will be there.

Ike is in by virtue of the fact that his games were the first console games to release internationally

Ike also had a direct sequel to his debut game in which he was also the star. The only other FE hero who can claim that at this time is Marth.

(Also, it looks like Ike now has blue flames. Good job, Sakurai and co.)

Beacon
07-16-2014, 11:54 PM
So it occurred to me that most of the characters I’ve wanted have either been officially confirmed or denied.

Here’s my revised wish list for new characters…

Captain N: Gamemaster
Simon Belmont

My reasons should be obvious

Kevinroc
07-17-2014, 03:16 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jul/17/lucina-was-originally-conceived-marths-alt-costume-robins-limited-use-moves-regenerate-over-time-super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds/

For those curious about how Robin became the Fire Emblem Awakening rep, and how Lucina got in at all...

(Someone translated Sakurai's comments on the subject from his Famitsu article.)

Sakurai, on Robin.

"I played all the way through FE:A and really wanted to include a character from that rich cast in Smash Bros. Naturally, I considered adding Chrom to the roster, but the decision wasn't easy by any means.

"At the end of the day, Chrom would just end up being another plain-old sword-wielder like Marth and Ike. Compared with other characters, he lacks any unique characteristics.

"Conversely, when the idea of including Robin came to mind, conceiving the character was so easy that I immediately saw how it would work. From standards to specials, grabs to throws, all aspects of his moveset just fell into place. Not only did he possess characteristics unlike other fighters, but he also captured the essence of the Fire Emblem series. It was perfect!

"In the end, if a game isn't fun, then there's no point. Of course, it would be really easy to make a game by churning out a ton of similar characters, but that's not how I produce games."

On Lucina.

"Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes. After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.

"However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!"

Alan2099
07-17-2014, 03:30 PM
So it occurred to me that most of the characters I’ve wanted have either been officially confirmed or denied.

Here’s my revised wish list for new characters…

Captain N: Gamemaster
Simon Belmont

My reasons should be obvious

I am with you 900%!

Heck, I even used to RUN a Captain N fansite years ago.

Eggplant Wizard would also be pretty cool to see as playable.

... Also, I really hope Megaman has a green color scheme option.

Kevinroc
07-17-2014, 03:38 PM
... Also, I really hope Megaman has a green color scheme option.

He has a green/white color scheme based on his Gyro Man outfit from Mega Man 5.

We saw it at the "Invitational" at E3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wnnv5zySAk

Beacon
07-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Eggplant Wizard would also be pretty cool to see as playable.

And King Hippo and Doctor Wiley in an exo-suit!
Not Mother Brain though. I’d be happy if I never hear or see her again.

Kid A
07-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Marth is the star of the first Fire Emblem. His game has had a direct sequel, and multiple remakes (we have yet to have a non-Marth FE remake). Awakening also VERY heavily relies on his name (with Chrom and Lucina being distant descendants of the legendary hero-king.) The logo for Fire Emblem is even Marth's sword.

As long as Fire Emblem is being represented in Smash, Marth will be there.

Right. I didn't elaborate enough, but that's what I was getting at. Marth is the closest thing there is to the main character of the entire FE franchise, so that's why if the SSB games want a constant FE character, Marth is it. And Chrom would be redundant from there; at least Lucina is female.

JCAll
07-17-2014, 11:00 PM
And King Hippo and Doctor Wiley in an exo-suit!
Not Mother Brain though. I’d be happy if I never hear or see her again.

Mother Brain is already in.
I'd love to see how Wily would play in the Wily Capsule.

jump
07-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Personally I'd like to see more than just another FE guy with a sword, Robin is a great addition as they bring a bit of variety with the use of tomes but I still find a custom avatar is a weird choice. I think Tiki would be a better addition but I can't see them adding more than 4 from that franchise.

Kevinroc
07-22-2014, 08:20 AM
We've finally gotten our first look at the new Star Fox stage. Once again set aboard the Great Fox.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Star_Fox_stage_(Wii_U)

(Now where are the new Kirby and DK stages?)

jump
08-12-2014, 12:54 AM
The Smash Bros and Gamecube controller bundle pricing has appeared, it's gonna be $100. Is anyone planning on getting this? I have got a spare non-official controller but I'm gonna need a few more as I wasn't keen on using the remote on the Wii Version and I can't decide between Gamcecube controller and the Pro Controller with price being one of the factors.

jump
08-13-2014, 03:22 AM
Meta Knight has been comfirmed, I'm still waiting for Ness, Wario & Ice Climbers personally.

Kevinroc
08-13-2014, 03:55 AM
Meta Knight has been comfirmed, I'm still waiting for Ness, Wario & Ice Climbers personally.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/metaknight.html

Here's the link. The scourge of Brawl is back!

We got a few basic updates as well.

Some stage info.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry4.html

Basic controls.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry3.html

A few different play modes.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/3ds/gamemode/entry3.html

Pinsir
08-21-2014, 01:17 PM
New characters confirmed!

> Hound and Duck
> Dr. Mario
> Shulk
> Bowser Jr.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/08/new-screenshots-and-information-leaked-about-super-smash-bros-rumor/

Kevinroc
08-21-2014, 01:56 PM
New characters confirmed!

> Hound and Duck
> Dr. Mario
> Shulk
> Bowser Jr.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/08/new-screenshots-and-information-leaked-about-super-smash-bros-rumor/

That's not confirmed.

Gryphon
08-21-2014, 04:39 PM
That leak is fake. it just screams fake

JCAll
08-21-2014, 06:11 PM
I demand to see Duck Hunt dog aw an assist trophy that just screws you over and laughs at you.

Kevinroc
08-21-2014, 06:43 PM
I demand to see Duck Hunt dog aw an assist trophy that just screws you over and laughs at you.

The Duck Hunt Dog is such a ludicrous idea that I wouldn't even mind if it were a playable character. :p

Beacon
08-21-2014, 07:00 PM
I just like the idea of beating the snot out of the Duck Hunt Dog.

Gryphon
08-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Maximillian Dood thinks the leak is real and shows why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLG9iVZZWHw

Nyssane
08-22-2014, 06:08 AM
I'd be okay with the leak.

Duck Hunt is a wacky choice, in a good way. It's a classic game that any 80's kid remembers.

Originally, I was really mad when I heard Bowser Jr. since I am a firm believer that Toad should be in it. But if the Koopalings are alternate costumes for him, then... I'm down with it.

We all already assumed Shulk was in it.

I'm skeptical about the "clone" stuff... why wouldn't Dr. Mario and Dr. Pit just be alternate costumes for the Mario and Pit?

I'm glad, if the list is true, Jigglypuff hasn't been cut. But I'd miss the Ice Climbers.

the_key_24
08-22-2014, 07:59 AM
I feel this leak is extremely fake. It's WAY too good of a roster.

Beacon
08-22-2014, 03:09 PM
It seems really fake. I find it VERY unlikely that they'd put this game out without Ganon.

Kevinroc
08-22-2014, 05:36 PM
It seems really fake. I find it VERY unlikely that they'd put this game out without Ganon.

Ganondorf is totally going to be back. A shame it won't be his Hyrule Warriors design, and his long, luxurious hair.

Alan2099
08-22-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm tired of Ganondorf. I want big blue pig Ganon back.

Beacon
08-22-2014, 06:44 PM
I keep forgetting that they're different...somehow.

(I thought he was just an evil wizard who became a demonic pig-man over time)

Kevinroc
08-23-2014, 05:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vfh3YpvxHQ

We will be getting none of this. We will have our Captain Falcon-dorf, and be damn lucky to have him.

Alan2099
08-23-2014, 03:43 PM
(I thought he was just an evil wizard who became a demonic pig-man over time)
That's kinda what happened, but I'd still rather have the pig man. He's just more classic and more interesting looking.

Or heck, why not both? Sheik and Zelda are different characters. There are two links. Why can't we have a Ganon and a Ganondorf?

Kevinroc
08-23-2014, 06:05 PM
That's kinda what happened, but I'd still rather have the pig man. He's just more classic and more interesting looking.

Or heck, why not both? Sheik and Zelda are different characters. There are two links. Why can't we have a Ganon and a Ganondorf?

There are other villains I would want before we get both Ganon and Ganondorf.

(Bring back Wart!)

JCAll
08-23-2014, 08:55 PM
(Bring back Wart!)

I demand Dimentio!

Beacon
08-23-2014, 09:57 PM
How about Fawful?

Jeremi
08-23-2014, 11:39 PM
As far as villains go would've liked to have seen Medusa.

Kevinroc
08-24-2014, 05:03 AM
How about Fawful?

Fawful works as a character in the RPGs because he is a parody of bad video game translations from the NES/SNES/Early N64/Early PS1 era. Outside of a repeat of Snake's codecs in Brawl, he kinda wouldn't work as a playable character. Fawful would be perfect if he were an assist trophy like Animal Crossing's Mr. Resetti.

Hades!

Nyssane
08-24-2014, 07:37 AM

Right? With the female characters, she certainly has the most unique look, and isn't just another blonde-haired white chick. Let's hope DLC!

Kevinroc
08-24-2014, 12:14 PM
We didn't talk about it in this thread but Nintendo has put up a list of composers for Smash Bros. 3DS.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/

(Note: Just because a specific game was referenced doesn't mean that game will have representation in Smash.)

JCAll
08-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Right? With the female characters, she certainly has the most unique look, and isn't just another blonde-haired white chick. Let's hope DLC!

Hey now!
One has blue hair.

CatAttacker
08-25-2014, 01:14 AM
How to make a sequel to the Dark Knight Rises in CatAttacker's world-

1. Add Chrom in as a secret character. Much like the blue furry in Brawl, hidden till post release. Or add him as an alt costume as long as Matt Mercer gets to voice him.
2. Add Sukapon in as a retro character, building up to a Platinum reboot of Joy Mech Fight in which Kamiya goes goddamn crazy and causes the second apocalypse.
3.Add Ridley and King K Rool in, with a reveal trailer set to "You are my sunshine". I honestly think these two need to be in together at the same time
4. S-s-see guys! Wonder Red's gonna be in!

No seriously, Wonder Red would be amazing. Make like a trailer of deconfirmed characters resurrecting from their grave. Wonder Red and Blue maybe, as like ice climbers style.

CatAttacker
08-25-2014, 01:16 AM

She might be too big, and Hades hijacks the show right? But again, this leak is more BS than cheap "authentic" tortilla chips.

CatAttacker
08-25-2014, 09:15 AM
>tfw the dream is dead
>tfw you absolutely jinxed it

Gryphon
08-25-2014, 10:42 AM
So there was another major Leak

possible spoilers

http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

Nyssane
08-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Yay, Medusa trophy! And Fire Emblem trophies... <3 I hope they have one for each character from Awakening.

JCAll
08-25-2014, 05:19 PM
No seriously, Wonder Red would be amazing. Make like a trailer of deconfirmed characters resurrecting from their grave. Wonder Red and Blue maybe, as like ice climbers style.

Seeing the 101 represented would be cool, but I'd rather they just suck up to Capcom some more and get Joe.

Pinsir
08-25-2014, 06:14 PM
How to make a sequel to the Dark Knight Rises in CatAttacker's world-

1. Add Chrom in as a secret character. Much like the blue furry in Brawl, hidden till post release. Or add him as an alt costume as long as Matt Mercer gets to voice him.
2. Add Sukapon in as a retro character, building up to a Platinum reboot of Joy Mech Fight in which Kamiya goes goddamn crazy and causes the second apocalypse.
3.Add Ridley and King K Rool in, with a reveal trailer set to "You are my sunshine". I honestly think these two need to be in together at the same time
4. S-s-see guys! Wonder Red's gonna be in!

I think even Japan forgot about this game, let alone something that was never released in English.

What we really need is Mike from Star Tropics!

Gryphon
08-25-2014, 06:36 PM
The leaker has been found and was from NoA and has been fired and is being sued

Alan2099
08-25-2014, 06:40 PM
What we really need is Mike from Star Tropics!
He's easily in my top 10 most wanted characters list.

Pinsir
08-26-2014, 03:11 AM
The leaker has been found and was from NoA and has been fired and is being sued

Hahahaha! That will teach him! He was a perve anyway.

CatAttacker
08-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Hahahaha! That will teach him! He was a perve anyway.

I know/hope you're kidding, but the leak came from an ESRB video and album of photos nintendo sent to get rated.

That's why you only see zoomed in pics of the ass and boobs. Also why Shulk, Ganon, Female Marth, and Bowser Jr are CPU's.

I hope Sakurai forces the guy to seppuku himself live on the next Nintendo direct, if this is the final roster. Which five characters would you pick, assuming it isn't?

Gryphon
08-29-2014, 04:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOQSTzCYi6g

Kevinroc
08-29-2014, 05:54 AM
That Shulk trailer is awesome. I'm happy that Shulk made it in. He was my most wanted newcomer after Mega Man.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/shulk.html

We also got a few new pages on the website.

Items: http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry5.html

Pokemon: http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry7.html

Assist Trophies: http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry6.html

(With a new Dr. Kawashima AT revealed.)

CatAttacker
08-29-2014, 01:43 PM
Wow seriously Nintendo, I am no longer buying Super Smash Bros. Shulk adds to the already oppressive atmosphere against men in JRPG's, and by creating such an unrealistic portrayal of the character, one that hurts and shames plus-sized men. I can't even consider supporting this game.

MikeP
08-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Wow seriously Nintendo, I am no longer buying Super Smash Bros. Shulk adds to the already oppressive atmosphere against men in JRPG's, and by creating such an unrealistic portrayal of the character, one that hurts and shames plus-sized men. I can't even consider supporting this game.

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy239/mpothier/spacey.gif

simbob4000
08-29-2014, 04:41 PM
http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy239/mpothier/spacey.gif

I think it's what humons call a joke.

simbob4000
08-29-2014, 04:43 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24k7n6_super-smash-bros-3ds-leaked-footage-shulk-bowser-jr-ganondorf-gameplay_fun

wjowski
08-31-2014, 02:02 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24k7n6_super-smash-bros-3ds-leaked-footage-shulk-bowser-jr-ganondorf-gameplay_fun

Well. Someone's going to get fired.

CatAttacker
08-31-2014, 02:05 PM
Well. Someone's going to get fired.

I missed it. Was it the full roster we saw earlier? Or is it new characters not leaked yet? Don't spoil me if it is.

Kevinroc
08-31-2014, 08:24 PM
I actually got a chance to play the demo of the 3DS version. The hype is real!

I found Villager to be surprisingly fun. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but he's a lot of fun.

I also enjoyed Mega Man. He's quite technical, and will take some getting used to.

Little Mac is just amazing on the ground. It's real easy to knock his foes off the stage. I didn't bother trying to attack in the air since they've all said he's terrible in the air.

I couldn't get into Greninja. I think I need more time with it.

I also wasn't wild about Wii Fit Trainer. Seemed more like a generic fighter. Maybe I just need to practice with the Wii Fit Trainer more too. WFT's final smash is pretty fun, though.

CatAttacker
09-02-2014, 09:19 PM
I actually got a chance to play the demo of the 3DS version. The hype is real!

I found Villager to be surprisingly fun. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but he's a lot of fun.

I also enjoyed Mega Man. He's quite technical, and will take some getting used to.

Little Mac is just amazing on the ground. It's real easy to knock his foes off the stage. I didn't bother trying to attack in the air since they've all said he's terrible in the air.

I couldn't get into Greninja. I think I need more time with it.

I also wasn't wild about Wii Fit Trainer. Seemed more like a generic fighter. Maybe I just need to practice with the Wii Fit Trainer more too. WFT's final smash is pretty fun, though.

How long did you have to wait? I played at Comic Con and totes botched Smash Run, so I came back later and did a free for all. Almost no line then.

Still kicking myself for not going back and picking Little Mac or Villager, but Mega Man was like a holy hell this is happening for me. Even pulled off the final smash on the three other players, hype was real.

Pinsir
09-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Not sure who I am going to play as first, maybe I'll do random.

CatAttacker
09-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Not sure who I am going to play as first, maybe I'll do random.

If Mega Man is already unlocked, rest assure you I shall be Rocking out come October 3rd. Pas a side character I'm gonna do Little Mac and Villager, before I start looking at other characters too.

I really love Awakening but Lucina was the Anti-Christ of hype for me, so it will be a while before I start using FE characters, purely out of respect for Chrom and Chorus Men.

Pinsir
09-04-2014, 12:05 AM
If Mega Man is already unlocked, rest assure you I shall be Rocking out come October 3rd. Pas a side character I'm gonna do Little Mac and Villager, before I start looking at other characters too.

I really love Awakening but Lucina was the Anti-Christ of hype for me, so it will be a while before I start using FE characters, purely out of respect for Chrom and Chorus Men.

Last game all the third party characters were locked initially, so not confidant he will be available on launch.

Anyway, I think we all know that I should make a Cyber Hitler Mii and use him...

Kevinroc
09-04-2014, 11:08 AM
How long did you have to wait? I played at Comic Con and totes botched Smash Run, so I came back later and did a free for all. Almost no line then.

Still kicking myself for not going back and picking Little Mac or Villager, but Mega Man was like a holy hell this is happening for me. Even pulled off the final smash on the three other players, hype was real.

I honestly didn't have to wait long. It was one of those "Play Nintendo" tours. I don't know how much advertizing this one got. I mean, a few people showed up to play, but it seemed more like other people came to try out Mario Kart.

CatAttacker
09-04-2014, 06:57 PM
Last game all the third party characters were locked initially, so not confidant he will be available on launch.

Anyway, I think we all know that I should make a Cyber Hitler Mii and use him...

I'm banking on that. I'm planning on using Little Mac first, and then I'll get Mega Man. I'm really excited for next month, it didn't occur to me how close Smash 4 was to release until recently.

Sakurai set it to friends only, so you apparently can't even use the Mii Moveset for glory or for fun. Either way, we need to set up a CBR group and friend each other. I'm looking forward to pitting my Victorian Kim Jong Un and Mecha Chris Chan against all of you.

Also, I'd get to making mii's if I were you, you have to load them into the game.

StrongStyleSpirit
09-05-2014, 04:24 AM
Mega Man for me as a first choice, if he's available without unlock.

Pinsir
09-05-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm banking on that. I'm planning on using Little Mac first, and then I'll get Mega Man. I'm really excited for next month, it didn't occur to me how close Smash 4 was to release until recently.

Sakurai set it to friends only, so you apparently can't even use the Mii Moveset for glory or for fun. Either way, we need to set up a CBR group and friend each other. I'm looking forward to pitting my Victorian Kim Jong Un and Mecha Chris Chan against all of you.

Also, I'd get to making mii's if I were you, you have to load them into the game.

Which form? Regular or Tomgirl?

CatAttacker
09-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Which form? Regular or Tomgirl?

He has his tomgurl mii on his business card; I'll hunt the internet for that methinks.

Step
09-09-2014, 04:05 AM
Peach is always first to play for me, then Mario, then IDK, it's up to fate, probs a newcomer.

Beacon
09-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Pikachu has been my boy* since high school and I see no reason to change that. Past that I figure either Zelda or someone new. Of course I barely played the Gamecube one and missed the Wii game entirely so most of them are new to me.

*Girl? Gender-ambiguous rat-thing?

CatAttacker
09-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Starting Roster has apparently been revealed in Nippon or strongly implied anyways.

Looks like for whoever intends on maining Lucina...Uh..... Yeah, I think the starting roster is basically everyone who's been revealed officially except Lucina.

Kevinroc
09-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Japan has a demo. The rest of the world doesn't have a demo.

Boo! They get the game on September 13th. The rest of the world doesn't get it until October.

Gryphon
09-10-2014, 11:04 AM
My mains will be captain falcon and shulk

the_key_24
09-10-2014, 08:26 PM
I'll be trying out Little Mac and Mega Man first, then make my Mii Fighter

THEN TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

jump
09-11-2014, 02:32 AM
New character reveals are being leaked from Japan including Ness, Falco, Dark Pit, Wario, Dog from Duckhunt, Mr Game & Watch, Dr Mario & Alph.

Still no Ice Climbers!

Nyssane
09-11-2014, 05:12 AM
Still no Jigglypuff either?

Pinsir
09-11-2014, 05:52 AM
Looks like the costumes for the Mii fighters are unlocked through playing the game too...I wont be able to say I played as Mecha Hitler first now :(

jump
09-11-2014, 11:25 AM
The full roster is out now.

http://i.imgur.com/hZVKQ1R.jpg

Cmbmool
09-11-2014, 01:26 PM
The full roster is out now.

http://i.imgur.com/hZVKQ1R.jpg

This is legit, right ? :(

Kevinroc
09-11-2014, 01:32 PM
This is legit, right ? :(

Yup.

But if it makes you feel any better, if Dr. Mario can come back after missing a game, anyone can come back. (After seeing Mario Kart 8, I think there's a strong possibility that Smash 4 could have DLC.)

simbob4000
09-11-2014, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r16HoG92hs

Step
09-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Yup.

But if it makes you feel any better, if Dr. Mario can come back after missing a game, anyone can come back. (After seeing Mario Kart 8, I think there's a strong possibility that Smash 4 could have DLC.)

lol, after MK8, I'd be disappointed if they didn't OTL

Anyway, I've been streaming SSB pretty much all day today and the HYPE

OMG Bowser Jr.'s alts OTL
Duck Hunt Dog's moves OTL
Even Doctor Mario is pretty cool with his new animations and that OTL

I need this game now. OTL

Coal Tiger
09-11-2014, 05:16 PM
No Ridley no peace.

Gryphon
09-11-2014, 09:13 PM
The Duck Hunt character has a palette homaging Banjo-Kazooie with a dark brown dog and a red duck

wjowski
09-11-2014, 09:45 PM
I never got what the big deal was with the Duck Hunt dog. He laughed at you, so what? I mean, it's just freaking Duck Hunt.

CatAttacker
09-11-2014, 10:35 PM
I never got what the big deal was with the Duck Hunt dog. He laughed at you, so what? I mean, it's just freaking Duck Hunt.

He doesn't look like a bad character, but why not pick someone people actually liked, considering his game is barely functioning. Mach Rider for example.

I'm hoping this roster is to prevent spoilers, and that the Wii u version will release an update with much more characters for both versions. Why else would we be three months from "holiday 2014" without a release date?

Also, that Hamaya this morning. What a madman. The whole internet was raging at him and M2K is like "could you try this out for me?"

JCAll
09-12-2014, 06:39 AM

Duck Hunt is one of the games that sold the NES. It's an absolute classic, even among the classics. Plus, it's suffering from hardware failure bad. Pretty soon Duck Hunt is just going to be a memory. A memory...of that @#$%ing dog laughing! Oh yeah, he has to be in Smash.

Step
09-12-2014, 10:01 AM

Well, that game was a pretty huge game for it's time, and he's one of the retro characters repping the old-school/obscure titles, you technically say the same about the Ice Climbers or ROB or Game & Watch or Pit in brawl (Before Uprising) every game has one of that, plus he looks like major fun so \O/

The more weird, WTF, "never see them coming" additions are part of the fun of SSB, and I'm always excited to play characters like that.

Kevinroc
09-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Should I update the first post now that we have all this information?

Pinsir
09-12-2014, 01:46 PM
I got the demo, I kind of wish d-pad was my way to move.

wjowski
09-12-2014, 01:47 PM
To clarify, I was more referring to the Dog seemingly being one of the most hated characters in videogame-dom. I have no objections to him being in Smash.

Step
09-12-2014, 02:54 PM
To clarify, I was more referring to the Dog seemingly being one of the most hated characters in videogame-dom. I have no objections to him being in Smash.

Oh, I always thought the hate was exaggerated on purpose lol If ppl actually hate him then lolol

But in all fairness when I super young either I or my cousin had it and I sucked at that game sooo much it got to a point where I got so annoyed when the dog laughed lol but I just moved on

I got the demo, I kind of wish d-pad was my way to move.

Wait, is the demo available or do you have a Japanese 3DS?

jump
09-12-2014, 03:13 PM
I've been playing the demo for the last hour and my doubts about the screen being too small and the controls not fitting have been proven unfounded. I really wish they had switched Villager for a more interesting new comer though.

Pinsir
09-12-2014, 03:20 PM
I've been playing the demo for the last hour and my doubts about the screen being too small and the controls not fitting have been proven unfounded. I really wish they had switched Villager for a more interesting new comer though.

the Villager has an interest moveset, there is nothing wrong with him.

Pinsir
09-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Wait, is the demo available or do you have a Japanese 3DS?

There is an English demo available now for people who were Club Nintendo members who reached Platinum status. I have not received it, even though I have platinum status, but I got the code from a friend (you get 4 codes for sharing).

Beacon
09-12-2014, 03:34 PM
I hated the Duck Hunt Dog as a kid. The blaster (or whatever it was called) was really bad; you could be right in front of the screen and still “miss”. Then the dog would laugh at you because a lousy controller caused you to fail. I even remember my dad commenting on wanting to shoot the dog as it mocked him on one of the rare times he played the game.

As for the codes…so are these only going out to a handful of Platinum members? I’ve been a Platinum member for a couple years now and I’m receiving emails about things like the Zelda sale but I still haven’t gotten any codes. I tried going on the Club Nintendo site to see if there was more information but I can’t even log in due to all the traffic. NoA has been predictably unresponsive on twitter and it generally takes them several days to return email.

Step
09-12-2014, 03:35 PM
There is an English demo available now for people who were Club Nintendo members who reached Platinum status. I have not received it, even though I have platinum status, but I got the code from a friend (you get 4 codes for sharing).

Oh yeah, I heard about that in the treehouse earlier, but I don't think the UK one has a platinum status thing OTL + I forgot my log in info at Club Nintendo anyway lol

Oh well, apparently the demo is open to all next week so yeah, I hope that includes the EU! \O/

Kevinroc
09-12-2014, 03:42 PM
If anyone has a code that they want to pass my way, I wouldn't be adverse to using it. :D

Pinsir
09-12-2014, 03:47 PM
If anyone has a code that they want to pass my way, I wouldn't be adverse to using it. :D

Apparently they sent them out through e-mail, however I am pretty sure I set up my account so I would not get one. Still I can imagine a lot of people being upset over this, so they might change it.

Xero Kaiser
09-12-2014, 04:59 PM
There's gotta be a name for this new wave of stuck-up ass gamers that take every "offense", no matter how minor, and use it as an excuse to insult the gaming community as a whole.

Pinsir
09-12-2014, 06:37 PM
There's gotta be a name for this new wave of stuck-up ass gamers that take every "offense", no matter how minor, and use it as an excuse to insult the gaming community as a whole.

Video game people often act as if they have a history of persecution and will take offense to any criticism of their hobby.

Anyway, I just dont get why the duck is on the dog. In the game the dog fetches their bodies...

Step
09-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Anyway, I just dont get why the duck is on the dog. In the game the dog fetches their bodies...

It's a conspiracy! Clearly the dog and the duck were in cahoots! No wonder everyone sucked at that game...

But ohh, there was a treehouse about this streaming earlier talking about Smash and omg the customisation options, I die OTL I especially took notice of the one which made Peach get turnips out of the ground slowly but have them do a hugeee amount of damage and the one which gave her IMMENSE recovery, I cannot wait to mess around with that.

Nyssane
09-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Let's watch the negativity about other gamers.

Pinsir
09-12-2014, 09:52 PM
It's a conspiracy! Clearly the dog and the duck were in cahoots! No wonder everyone sucked at that game...

Idk I never found that game difficult and my dad even maxed out the score on it despite never playing video games.

jump
09-13-2014, 03:34 AM
the Villager has an interest moveset, there is nothing wrong with him.

I meant for the demo, I would of much rather try out Bowser Jr or Duckhunt Dog.

Beacon
09-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Does anyone have an extra NA code they can PM me? They failed to send me any codes even though I was a Platinum member last year and have emails enabled.

Edit: Finally got an automated email from Nintendo telling me to call. When I called I got a recording saying call volume was too high and there’s no one available to help.

If you’re going to tell everyone who emails customer service to call you then you ought to hire some people to work the phones.

Edit2: Got a human after looking up an alternate customer service number online. He said it looked like I qualified but he’d have to open a case for them to send the email and it’d take 2-3 days. I seriously doubt I’m ever getting a response.

I guess I’ll just have to wait a week for the limited-use demo.

Beacon
09-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Never mind on the codes. I got one elsewhere. In the unlikely event that NoA ever gets back to me on the codes they should have sent me, I’d be happy to share, though.

I’m trying to get a handle on these controls. I haven’t played one of these games since Gamescube and haven’t played one regularly (if once a month is “regular”) since the original. I know some have been complaining about the lack of an instruction manual but I find that going into “group” battles and setting all opponents to CPU allows me to practice moves on a bag before fighting.

I’m starting to relearn Pikachu and getting better. Still, Mega Man beats me every time. Maybe I ought to just learn Rock.

Edit: Not sure how the coins/medals work. I thought they were victory rewards at first but I've had the number go DOWN after some wins. It probably doesn't matter too much yet unless data can be transferred from demo to game like with Bravely Default.

Edit2: Okay, Mega Man doesn't seem all that great. The Villager OTOH is surprisingly fun to play with...though I'm pretty sure his balloon move will make him a real pain to play against.

Pinsir
09-14-2014, 05:27 AM
I meant for the demo, I would of much rather try out Bowser Jr or Duckhunt Dog.

Those are secret characters though.

Pinsir
09-14-2014, 05:47 AM
Ive been playing Villager religiously, my breakdown of him/her:

Good:
> Two great recovery moves (Forward B and Up B), together it they pretty much ensure that unless you at 150% damage you can recover from anything
> In general a bunch of good A attacks
----- Dash + A: Throws a pot at people (Trips it is a better word)
----- Smash Forward + A: Drops a bowling bowl on people, it doesn't go very far but he drops it so it can go down to the very bottom of the stage, good for defending a ledge
----- Jump + Forward A: has a basic range attack where he/she uses a slingshot
----- Smash UP + A: shoots rockets

Bad
> Offensively, the Villagers B attacks are not to great
----- B: Collects projectiles, might be useful for the expanded game, but right now I only use it for Pickachu's Jolts
----- Down + B: One of the most elaborate attacks in smash; first you plant the tree, then you water it (as it grows it can do damage), then it takes two swings with an axe to chop it down (getting hit by the ax and tree do a lot of damage). All this is done with the down B and involves luring (repeatedly) an opponent to the tree. On a small stage you might be able to pull it off, but probably no on a larger one.
> in general his/her A attacks lack range

Beacon
09-14-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm getting kind of thrown by the way half the buttons don't do anything useful. The D Pad is all taunts and X and Y do the exact same thing as Up.

Good:
> Two great recovery moves (Forward B and Up B), together it they pretty much ensure that unless you at 150% damage you can recover from anything
----- Smash Forward + A: Drops a bowling bowl on people, it doesn't go very far but he drops it so it can go down to the very bottom of the stage, good for defending a ledge

Bad
----- B: Collects projectiles, might be useful for the expanded game, but right now I only use it for Pickachu's Jolts
----- Down + B: One of the most elaborate attacks in smash; first you plant the tree, then you water it (as it grows it can do damage), then it takes two swings with an axe to chop it down (getting hit by the ax and tree do a lot of damage). All this is done with the down B and involves luring (repeatedly) an opponent to the tree. On a small stage you might be able to pull it off, but probably no on a larger one.

I was wondering about B; it didn't seem to do anything.

I really doubt Down B would ever be usable against AI, let alone real people. It is fun to spam Forward B at the CPU when they're near a ledge, though. I doubt the Villager would work very well against real players but I'm enjoying him the most in this demo.

Pinsir
09-14-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm getting kind of thrown by the way half the buttons don't do anything useful. The D Pad is all taunts and X and Y do the exact same thing as Up.

I think you can change the controls. For me I would prefer using the d-pad to move.

I was wondering about B; it didn't seem to do anything.

It captures an enemy projectile (Pikachu's Jolt, Most of Megaman's attack) and using B again allows you to use that attack. I find it useful if an opponent uses range attacks a lot; you capture the first attack, use the captured one to cancel a second attack and by then you can pummel people.

I really doubt Down B would ever be usable against AI, let alone real people. It is fun to spam Forward B at the CPU when they're near a ledge, though. I doubt the Villager would work very well against real players but I'm enjoying him the most in this demo.

Im trying to use it and whenever I do the AI wallops me most of the time. The tree though can be used as a buffer against attacks.

Also I forgot to say the Villagers Final Smash is one of the worst. It requires you to be right next to an opponent. Not as bad as Metaknights Brawl one, but still not great.

Kid A
09-14-2014, 05:59 PM
The demo is great, though it's going to take a while to get used to playing on the 3DS with a zoomed out screen.

I love that the Duck Hunt Dog is basically a thinly veiled Banjo+Kazooie.

CatAttacker
09-14-2014, 06:13 PM

Good:

Bad

Dude what? Villager's neutral b is otherworldly.

Playing Mega Man against him, and he catches my Crash Bomb.

Later in the match, I get up close to fire one and he throws it first. He can even catch Gyroids, the little rocket his side b is. People say he can do it with another villager's tree too.

CatAttacker
09-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Apparently Proto Man isn't an alt costume, and King K Rool got deconfirmed.

Hope rides alone...

Step
09-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Idk I never found that game difficult and my dad even maxed out the score on it despite never playing video games.

Well I'm probs projecting or sth, I could never do it! Even when my gun was right there at the screen OTL

But here's a happier alternative \O/
http://beapeabear.tumblr.com/post/97517842836/and-thats-why-theyre-friends

Apparently Proto Man isn't an alt costume, and King K Rool got deconfirmed.

Hope rides alone...

While I know this hasn't really got much to do with your point, I must say I LOVE the alts in this game, esp Bowser Jr's, all the 7 other kooplings <3 Wendy 4 LYFE and Lucina representing other FE Females, Mega Man's alts being his other power-up forms, it's a great step-up from the previous games.

Tho I don't know why they wouldn't add a proper Daisy alt. when they did one just fine in Melee - a 13 year old game OTL

Kevinroc
09-14-2014, 08:25 PM
So many people already have the demo. Makes me sad. :(

CatAttacker
09-14-2014, 11:24 PM

I got mine off of 4chan's /v/ board. That's like the only place where they're still circulating.

jump
09-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Does anyone have an extra NA code they can PM me? They failed to send me any codes even though I was a Platinum member last year and have emails enabled.

Edit: Finally got an automated email from Nintendo telling me to call. When I called I got a recording saying call volume was too high and there’s no one available to help.

If you’re going to tell everyone who emails customer service to call you then you ought to hire some people to work the phones.

Edit2: Got a human after looking up an alternate customer service number online. He said it looked like I qualified but he’d have to open a case for them to send the email and it’d take 2-3 days. I seriously doubt I’m ever getting a response.

I guess I’ll just have to wait a week for the limited-use demo.

I'm in the UK and got a Smash Bros code but I didn't get a Tomodachi Life demo so I thinks it's just randomly selected here at least.

Beacon
09-15-2014, 07:46 PM

I'd share with you but NoA just sent me an email claiming the reason I didn't get my codes (and thus had to beg for one elsewhere) was because I opted in for email after the fact...which would have been impossible since the Club Nintendo site was down all day Friday.

This promo was REALLY poorly handled.

simbob4000
09-15-2014, 08:56 PM
http://abload.de/img/ssb-allkoopalingsw6a90.png

Pinsir
09-16-2014, 04:21 PM
http://abload.de/img/ssb-allkoopalingsw6a90.png

Wendy o Koopa is muh waifu :D

Beacon
09-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Koopa Kids!

JCAll
09-16-2014, 06:40 PM
I can think of no reason to play Bowser Jr over the Koopalings.

Jeremi
09-18-2014, 08:34 AM
I can think of no reason to play Bowser Jr over the Koopalings.

Roy's going to be my choice whenever I pick him that's for sure.

Nyssane
09-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Roy's going to be my choice whenever I pick him that's for sure.

Roy for me, too... maybe Wendy occasionally. Very cool that they made the Koopalings alts. I just wish Ms. Pac-Man was an alt for Pac-Man. They really missed the boat on that one.

Step
09-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Roy for me, too... maybe Wendy occasionally. Very cool that they made the Koopalings alts. I just wish Ms. Pac-Man was an alt for Pac-Man. They really missed the boat on that one.

I was really hoping for that too, it seemed so obvious I was sure it was gonna happen, oh well~

But Wendy is gonna be my choice \O/

Kevinroc
09-18-2014, 12:15 PM
It's probably a rights issue because Pac-Man isn't a Nintendo character. Mega Man doesn't have a Proto Man alt, despite that being a fairly popular idea.

Gryphon
09-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Duck hunt dog makes me want a retro studios designed revival of duck hunt that plays like banjo kazooie

Beacon
09-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Okay, there’s no good way to do this so I’m just throwing them out here.

A05V E7SJ 03SN XSJ2.
A05V E7SK 2M05 TA2K.
A05V E7SL 0LLS YGGB.

You have to redeem them tonight*. Sorry, but NoA took forever to acknowledge that I should have received the codes.

*Which is why I’m posting them as opposed to doing this over PM. I have an early morning and just don’t want to mess with it.

Step
09-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Okay, there’s no good way to do this so I’m just throwing them out here.

A05V E7SJ 03SN XSJ2.
A05V E7SK 2M05 TA2K.
A05V E7SL 0LLS YGGB.

You have to redeem them tonight*. Sorry, but NoA took forever to acknowledge that I should have received the codes.

*Which is why I’m posting them as opposed to doing this over PM. I have an early morning and just don’t want to mess with it.

That's AWESOME of you \O/ Makes me wish I had a NA 3DS, but alas, my European 3DS doesn't recognise it lol but I can wait for the demo to be released to tommorow~