PDA

View Full Version : Sam and Dean vs the Grimm

MichaelC
05-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Sam and Dean("Supernatural") are armed with baseball bats. Nick is unarmed. Who wins?

dupersuper
05-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Hmmmm...can Nicks unspecified enhanced strength and reflexes overcome Sam and Deans impressive damage soak?

Holacik
05-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Hmmmm...can Nicks unspecified enhanced strength and reflexes overcome Sam and Deans impressive damage soak?

I don't think so, the guy doesn't have supportive feats for his enhanced strength, I'm not sure he could beat one of them unarmed. He's certainly not taking both of them armed with a weapon while he doesn't have one.

CrimsonComedian
05-12-2014, 06:04 PM
I don't remember Supernatural that well, but don't Sam and Dean have the "Captain America/Wolverine/Batman" Mixed martial arts skills upgrade? Its not always portrayed on screen due to budgets and the difficulty of doing elaborate fight choreography on TV, but I think they are supposed to be basically peak fighters, even amongst other hunters.

Yeoman
05-12-2014, 10:12 PM
I don't remember Supernatural that well, but don't Sam and Dean have the "Captain America/Wolverine/Batman" Mixed martial arts skills upgrade? Its not always portrayed on screen due to budgets and the difficulty of doing elaborate fight choreography on TV, but I think they are supposed to be basically peak fighters, even amongst other hunters.

Hard to really say. Even joe random demon is supposed to be badass beyond belief in season one. To the point where no one not suicidally deranged would EVER consider getting in the way of one. By Season Five they are elite mooks. By season nine Dean like casually murders a half dozen of them by himself in a single scene.

hard to tell how much is them getting tougher and how much is just villian decay.

Slade1
05-13-2014, 06:19 AM
Sam and Dean are supposed to be great fighters but it's hit and miss with them. Sometimes they show skill and other times they just brawl (though they are good at brawling too).

CrimsonComedian
05-13-2014, 08:11 AM
Hard to really say. Even joe random demon is supposed to be badass beyond belief in season one. To the point where no one not suicidally deranged would EVER consider getting in the way of one. By Season Five they are elite mooks. By season nine Dean like casually murders a half dozen of them by himself in a single scene.

hard to tell how much is them getting tougher and how much is just villian decay.

It is power creep. Later they are shown as being able to defeat Angels who are stronger than demons, and then Leviathans who are stronger than angels.