PDA

View Full Version : List of Superheroes who MURDERED people!

Pinsir
05-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Can you guise help compile a list of superheroes who murdered people?

Rules:
> must have been fully conscious at the time, no possession, mind control, manipulation etc.
> should include material originally intended to present a true and official story. It doesn't matter if its prose, tv or a video game so long as its not intended as a deviation (or in other words an Elseworld story).
> provide examples, be prepared to explain controversial suggestions (Parademons are people!)
> by murder, I mean any action that leads to the death of another with a high degree of blame on the hero. Its vague, but I'm sure there is a line to draw somewhere
> Also the original intent of the author should be included. Example; if a hero kills someone, but another author says they were possessed/mind controlled, etc or the victim pops up again under someone else's pen, its still MURDER

List of SuperMURDERERS!

> Batman (He kills someone in every movie he's been in, but Batman and Robin)
> Superman (Various Golden Age crooks, Zod a bunch of times)
> Wonder Woman (All neck based life-forms fear WW, for her htred of necks is well known)
> .............

List of heroes yet to pop their MURDER virginity!

> Kamala (Mr. Marvel)

worstblogever
05-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Wolverine or Punisher.

I dare not count all the times.

FLEX HECTIC
05-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Black Panther and the entire warrior nation of Wakanda... I mean how else do you remain undefeated for 10,000 years!

Pharozonk
05-12-2014, 08:00 PM
I thought you were over your "MAN OF MURDER!!!11!!1!" phase, eh Pinisr?

T51R
05-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Iron Man in the anime.

Tony: "Whoa, Punisher! Don't kill that guy or I'll repulsor you!"

Frank: "mmmmmmmm'Kay."

Tony: *throws terrorist out window*

Frank: "Nice work."

And this is after Frank is done clearing an entire warehouse in CQC, alone.

:D

Guy1
05-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Charge from ASHMD.
Kind of really bad circumstances though.

CliffHanger2
05-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Didn't Green Lantern kill a planet one time? And had an attitude about it too."Like hey don't hit me with that guilt shit." Really bad writing.

Then there's Flashpoint the movie. I think flash inadvertenly was responsible for millions of deaths. Yeah DC what's up with that?

King Of All Nerds
05-12-2014, 09:18 PM
It would be harder to comprise a list of superheroes who haven't murdered.

worstblogever
05-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Hell, some have even committed genocide.

I'm looking at you, Jean Grey. And Beast (multiple offender).

T51R
05-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Hell, some have even committed genocide.

I'm looking at you, Jean Grey. And Beast (multiple offender).

That isn't as bad as Rodney Mc'Kay(Stargate Atlantis)

He blew up a solar system.

t hedge coke
05-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Do I even want to point out the difference between "murder," "killing," "killing in self-defense," "incidental killing," or "death in combat"?

Or, should I just let the "Beast committed genocide! Twice! Three times! And, Wolverine will gut you as soon as look at you! Black Panther and his entire country murder! Even if we've never seen it!" silliness just sit there being silly on its own?

I should, shouldn't I?

CliffHanger2
05-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Do I even want to point out the difference between "murder," "killing," "killing in self-defense," "incidental killing," or "death in combat"?

Or, should I just let the "Beast committed genocide! Twice! Three times! And, Wolverine will gut you as soon as look at you! Black Panther and his entire country murder! Even if we've never seen it!" silliness just sit there being silly on its own?

I should, shouldn't I?

I think the OP was joking but feel free to explain. As some people really do think those things are exactly the same.

Tangent Man
05-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Iron Man helped Sunturion kill Stratosfire.

Ms. Marvel killed The Master in an act of war.

Animated Batman set up the evil Johnny Quick to kill himself in an unwitting suicide mission.

Storm tried to kill Callisto & Marrow.

Pinsir
05-12-2014, 11:42 PM
I thought you were over your "MAN OF MURDER!!!11!!1!" phase, eh Pinisr?

The season finale of MLP triggered it to the surface again

Pinsir
05-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Didn't Green Lantern kill a planet one time? And had an attitude about it too."Like hey don't hit me with that guilt shit." Really bad writing.

Then there's Flashpoint the movie. I think flash inadvertenly was responsible for millions of deaths. Yeah DC what's up with that?

I think you are refering to John Stewart failing to save a planet. Not sure if its murder, more like failure. John was a soldier though so he certainly did kill people though.

Has Supergirl murdered anyone?

Speed Force League Unlimited
05-13-2014, 01:38 AM
Captain America killed some, war setting, but he killed

Spider-Man killed one of Red Skull's men by turning a missile back at him, a friend of Wolverine, almost killed an old guy (who survived a punch a strong young woman couldn't handle)

Barry Allen killed Eobard Thawne/The Reverse Flash/Professor Zoom

Zetsubou
05-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Hei, BK-201, Kuro no Shinigami, Li Shengshen

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/ichirou_ohgami/dtb/grab23259.jpg~original

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/ichirou_ohgami/dtb/grab23278.jpg~original

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/ichirou_ohgami/dtb/grab28926.jpg~original

Mormel
05-13-2014, 02:51 AM

I should, shouldn't I?

That's what I was thinking. Phoenix wasn't actively seeking to end the lives of the D'Bari; rather she consumed their sun without giving a thought to their fate -
if she was aware of the planet's population at all (which I think she may have been, being an uberpowerful psi).

King Of All Nerds
05-13-2014, 03:30 AM
That's what I was thinking. Phoenix wasn't actively seeking to end the lives of the D'Bari; rather she consumed their sun without giving a thought to their fate -
if she was aware of the planet's population at all (which I think she may have been, being an uberpowerful psi).

What? Are you saying it's not murder because she didn't care what the consequences of her actions were? Are you a defense attorney?

Mormel
05-13-2014, 03:43 AM
What? Are you saying it's not murder because she didn't care what the consequences of her actions were? Are you a defense attorney?

I'm saying it's more like manslaughter. She didn't set out to kill them. They just happened to be on the planet oribiting the star she was om-nom-nomming. It's no less an atrocious act for it, but at the end of the day, she couldn't have cared about the D'Bari one way or the other.
She killed them, yes, but she didn't murder them.

CliffHanger2
05-13-2014, 05:43 AM
I think you are refering to John Stewart failing to save a planet. Not sure if its murder, more like failure. John was a soldier though so he certainly did kill people though.

Has Supergirl murdered anyone?

I don't know about Supergirl but Powergirl killed Major Force in public enemies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hp67KgpJWYA#t=0

yet another
05-13-2014, 05:55 AM
Rocket Rackoon.

And he's bragging about it too.

sabongero
05-13-2014, 07:53 AM
In the mid 90s, The Punisher killed the entire Marvel Universe.

CSTowle
05-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Phoenix was retconned to not be Jean Grey, so she's off the hook for the broccoli people. The PF is like Galactus, above concerns like murder/genocide.

Cotton
05-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Every comic book character, in some incarnation, has killed people. Every single one of them.

Marvel_Is
05-14-2014, 12:16 AM
http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/29071-bigthumbnail.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80538/1471205-moon_knight.jpg

Both are well-known killers in the Marvel Universe.

Marvel_Is
05-14-2014, 12:20 AM
http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Henry-Cavill-Superman3.jpg

It stands for hope, my @$$. :p

Speed Force League Unlimited
05-14-2014, 11:21 AM
In the mid 90s, The Punisher killed the entire Marvel Universe.That's a What If...? issue
Does it count?

Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon
05-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Superman killing Doomsday

Superman was fully conscious when fighting him, he purposely killed them as he found out the hard way he can't be knocked out he's a endless tornado figuratively speaking, and not killing him would result in citizens of metropolis and vast others dying.

05-14-2014, 12:09 PM
http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Henry-Cavill-Superman3.jpg

Wow really what the hell else is he suppose to do with no damn phantom zone, zod used a suicide by cop.

05-14-2014, 12:10 PM
That's a What If...? issue
Does it count?

Since what if are outside of continuity same as what if Peter saved uncle Ben I think in my opinion it wouldn't count.

dupersuper
05-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Every comic book character, in some incarnation, has killed people. Every single one of them.

Archie Andrews? Lil' Lulu?

Cotton
05-14-2014, 09:11 PM

I should've said: comic book super hero character.

zhris
05-14-2014, 09:43 PM
In the mid 90s, The Punisher killed the entire Marvel Universe.

That's a What If...? issue
Does it count?

It amuses me that we have to think twice about examples of the Punisher killing. :cool:

Melchior
05-15-2014, 11:07 AM

Actually, in the "Afterlife with Archie" series, Archie did bludgeon his father to death. Of course, said father was a zombie at the time, so may not count.

Lady Warp Spasm
05-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Bucky Barnes as himself (see WWII scout strikes wherein he killed many a Nazi as a sniper and throat-slitter) and numerous assassins and kills as the Winter Soldier. Both under Soviet control or not. The murder of Colonel Rolstov (The Red Barbarian) in the Winter Soldier series was a particularly memorable one because Rolstov cost Barnes Natasha, Fred Davis and a whole lot of grief.

And there's Jack Monroe of course. I don't really count the Red Skull even though his physical body was destroyed.

DubipR
05-15-2014, 01:55 PM
The Sentry and his love of ripping people in half....

Carnage
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/77/478297-sentry_kills_carnage_dave_finch.jpg

and Ares
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83882/2214290-ares_vs_sentry.jpg

BeastieRunner
05-15-2014, 03:00 PM
I thought the question was murder, not kill.

As in premeditated state of mind or malice aforethought VERSUS to end the life of.

Charles RB
05-15-2014, 03:18 PM

Yeah, the only superhero I think of that's actually gone out to murder is Wolverine's X-Force teams and Superman that one time under Byrne, and Batman was going to murder KGBeast but the editors said "nah" very soon after.

coveredinbees
05-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Psylocke is addicted to killing people.
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/beecover/Screenshot2014-05-15at70305PM_zpsfc51bf45.png

Black Angel
05-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Thor (killed a builder and in ultimate universe killed his own son also robert reynolds )

Grifter (kills anyone at times)

Helena bertinelli (killed goona when pissed)

Blade (kills familiars)

Punisher (killed alot of crime families)

Wonder Woman (killed maxwell lord and also ares in new 52)

Damian Wayne (killed league of assassin memebers in his training and also street goons)

Wolverine (killed his son and loads more people)

Black widow (killed a few memebers of hydra)

psylocke (killed her brother and arc angel)

Cyclops (killed that mutant ugly john)

mr fantastic (killed a doomed possessed thing)

Flash (killed reverse flash)

Green Arrow (killed Prometheus)

Colossus (killed the villain Proteus)

Nova (killed annihilus)

Batman (killed darkseid with a dun dun dun GUN)

Punisher

05-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Ghost rider (blaze) with 666 avatars of Lucifer he intentionally killed them as this was this was the only known way to send Lucifer back to hell.

What about Wonder Woman killing that one major powerful human character I can't remember his name.
Does that count?

05-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Yeah, the only superhero I think of that's actually gone out to murder is Wolverine's X-Force teams and Superman that one time under Byrne, and Batman was going to murder KGBeast but the editors said "nah" very soon after.

Ok then superman killing doomsday wouldn't count. Yeah he did kill him, but this was after finding out the hard way doomsday is a destructive giant that he can't knock out, and that not killing would result in vast more people dying.
It wasn't his original intention to kill doomsday but was changed to that.

Mormel
05-21-2014, 11:34 AM
The Sentry and his love of ripping people in half....

Carnage
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/77/478297-sentry_kills_carnage_dave_finch.jpg

and Ares
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/83882/2214290-ares_vs_sentry.jpg

Hey, kids! Comics!

Pinsir
05-21-2014, 11:52 AM
I found a link that lists all the time Spiderman has killed folks. (http://www.spiderfan.org/faq/killed.html)

He truly is the Spider of Mass Murder!

Charles RB
05-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Ok then superman killing doomsday wouldn't count.

Exactly.

I found a link that lists all the time Spiderman has killed folks. (http://www.spiderfan.org/faq/killed.html)

With the robots and creatures, he must've thought "that's fine because they're not humans" - and explicitly so with Digger. That's pretty freaking creepy for an MU character. Good thing he never thought the Vision was a bad guy, eh?

Pinsir
05-21-2014, 05:59 PM
With the robots and creatures, he must've thought "that's fine because they're not humans" - and explicitly so with Digger. That's pretty freaking creepy for an MU character. Good thing he never thought the Vision was a bad guy, eh?

Apparently magicians don't count too:

Marvel Team-Up #12 Accidentally kills Moondark the magician by knocking him through a mystic portal which teleports him to a point high above the Golden Gate bridge, from where he fatally drops to the water below. Spider-Man shrugs it off, saying "Even I can't hang around cryin' over spilt magicians!"

I wish someone had made a Superman list like this...

The MunchKING
05-21-2014, 10:09 PM

Arrowette totally hunted a guy down and tried to murder him, only for Superboy to save him.

It was stone-cold murder too, she'd shot out both his knees after a campaign of psychological torture, and then when he threw his gun away and surrendered she was just like "that makes me want to kill you all the more."

Arrowette Sr totally killed a dude to save another superheroine, and then went on for a bit about how little it bothered her that her instinctual reaction was to just totally kill that dude without trying anything else to save the other heroine.

CliffHanger2
05-22-2014, 06:10 AM
Arrowette totally hunted a guy down and tried to murder him, only for Superboy to save him.

It was stone-cold murder too, she'd shot out both his knees after a campaign of psychological torture, and then when he threw his gun away and surrendered she was just like "that makes me want to kill you all the more."

Arrowette Sr totally killed a dude to save another superheroine, and then went on for a bit about how little it bothered her that her instinctual reaction was to just totally kill that dude without trying anything else to save the other heroine.

What comic is that from?

The MunchKING
05-22-2014, 07:12 AM
What comic is that from?

Young Justice #15 and #49 respectively IIRC.

CliffHanger2
05-22-2014, 12:15 PM
Young Justice #15 and #49 respectively IIRC.

Oh OK thanks.

Shawn Hopkins
05-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Marvel Team-Up #12 Accidentally kills Moondark the magician by knocking him through a mystic portal which teleports him to a point high above the Golden Gate bridge, from where he fatally drops to the water below. Spider-Man shrugs it off, saying "Even I can't hang around cryin' over spilt magicians!"

That is hard-boiled, dude.

Ambush Bug is a murderer. In his first appearance he's a villain and he straight up kills a guy. After they make him a humor character they still refer to it, with Ambush Bug begging it off as, IIRC, "It was only ink ... I think!"

http://www.4thletter.net/firstapp/ambushbug.jpg

So, maybe the guy, had an ink bottle in his pocket. And it broke when he fell? Yeah, that's the ticket. Or more likely just a playful reminder that all comic book stories are imaginary stories.

I've seen a lot of places beg off Hawkeye's killing of Egghead (by shooting an arrow into his gun and making it overload) as a pure accident that Hawkeye regretted, but, I recently read that story and it doesn't seem that way to me. Hawkeye does briefly act surprised that Egghead died, but not for a moment does he show significant remorse. In fact, he seems quite satisfied with the killing, considering he had personal reasons to hate Egghead. He calls it the appropriate use of force when the Avengers hold a brief hearing about is a formality, and he thinks he'd do it again. There's even a scene of him smiling and giving kind of a thumbs up IIRC after beating the legal rap for it. There may have been later stories where he showed more regret that I haven't seen. I figure he's killed a few Skrulls, too? Has he been killing in his most recent series?

MikeP
05-23-2014, 08:25 AM

Saved 7 billion people. Thats pretty damn hopeful.

Spike-X
05-23-2014, 04:57 PM

Of course it does. As in, better hope your ass isn't in one of the buildings he decides to punch somebody through, after dragging the fight into town from the middle of nowhere, where there were no innocent bystanders to get hurt or property to destroy.

Pinsir
05-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Of course it does. As in, better hope your ass isn't in one of the buildings he decides to punch somebody through, after dragging the fight into town from the middle of nowhere, where there were no innocent bystanders to get hurt or property to destroy.

Hope is for those without power.

Pharozonk
05-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Saved 7 billion people. Thats pretty damn hopeful.

In the process, he killed several million by being reckless.

MikeP
05-23-2014, 06:32 PM

Explain how. Zod and co killed them. And during the final fight, it was Zod throwing Superman into all those buildings. I'm sorry, but that empirically false.

Pharozonk
05-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Explain how. Zod and co killed them. And during the final fight, it was Zod throwing Superman into all those buildings. I'm sorry, but that empirically false.

Superman also threw Zod into a few buildings if I remember correctly. Also, during the fight in Smallville, he didn't exactly care about all the collateral damage he caused.

Pinsir
05-23-2014, 06:41 PM

It wasn't a million;

http://i2.wp.com/www.comicbooktherapy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/destruction.jpg?resize=625%2C1227

Only 129, 000 people died, but to be fair he only killed a couple hundred of them himself during the fight.

Then again I wonder how many people have died in comic events in general like Forever Evil and Fear Itself. Its probably higher.

So lets just agree that they are all murderers!

Alan2099
05-23-2014, 06:48 PM
In the 90s, the Dan Ketch Ghostrider was physically incapable of killing. He simply could NOT do it.

Still, in one issue, because of this he chained down Blackout (a vampire) and just left him there for the sun to finish off.

Shawn Hopkins
05-23-2014, 09:35 PM
In the 90s, the Dan Ketch Ghostrider was physically incapable of killing. He simply could NOT do it.

Still, in one issue, because of this he chained down Blackout (a vampire) and just left him there for the sun to finish off.

That certainly was intent to kill, but it was later retconned that the cops got to him first. Blackout had died and returned before that anyway, offed by Blade. Also, he's half-demon and was resurrected to serve Lilith, so it's debatable if he counts as "people." :)

The whole point of whether killing Blackout would do any good came up in a Superior Spider-Man annual, where Superior Spider-Man decides it would be better to torture Blackout to discourage his habit of going after superhero familieis than kill him and take a chance he'll resurrect.

dupersuper
05-23-2014, 10:13 PM
during the fight in Smallville, he didn't exactly care about all the collateral damage he caused.

I like when he told people to get inside, like walls could help them...

MikeP
05-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Superman also threw Zod into a few buildings if I remember correctly.

He didn't. I've watched that fight several times now. Zod was in control almost the entire time.

Also, during the fight in Smallville, he didn't exactly care about all the collateral damage he caused.

He was barely able to hold his own against two trained Kryptonian warriors, and the US Army was causing half that damage. Faora threw him into the IHOP and the bank.

Anyway, unless you can point out the bodies, its pointless to try pinning any deaths on him.

Charles RB
05-24-2014, 06:02 AM
I like when he told people to get inside, like walls could help them...

It would help against shockwaves and shrapnel! Hopefully.

Shawn Hopkins
05-24-2014, 08:21 AM
It would help against shockwaves and shrapnel! Hopefully.

Unless they fell on you. Course they could fall on you outside, too, I think that's what happened to that Jenny Jurwich lady.

The big problem with the movie was that it was so cold and lacking in humanity that it was uninterested in showing us any humans outside of the plot and plot devices. So we don't know if people died,because the movie doesn't care if they died. It's only interested in the larger spectacle.

The Beast Of Yucca Flats
05-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Unless they fell on you. Course they could fall on you outside, too, I think that's what happened to that Jenny Jurwich lady.

The big problem with the movie was that it was so cold and lacking in humanity that it was uninterested in showing us any humans outside of the plot and plot devices. So we don't know if people died,because the movie doesn't care if they died. It's only interested in the larger spectacle.

Pfft! It was a very human & inspiring story! Why, it told us so and everything!

Charles RB
05-24-2014, 06:31 PM

Most viewers seem to assume people died in large numbers. That'd be the endpoint of something cold and lacking in humanity that ends with a throw-it-through-the-GROUND fight scene.

05-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Ghost rider (damn ketch)
Was there some comic where he kills scarecrow?

Spider man
This one is highly debatable as there was some minion of red skull shot a missile at spider man he deflected it back, and the minion was killed.
Spider man knew what would happen,I think of this as a suspect refuses to surrender so instead of putting his gun down he starts to shoot at the officer. Self defense

Alan2099
05-30-2014, 12:37 PM
I don't remember Ghost Rider killing Scarecrow, but I do remember him doing something even more twisted.

He started breaking Scarecrows bones, then he held them in place so the Scarecrow's healing factor would heal them in all sorts of twisted and out of place positions.

06-28-2014, 11:34 AM
I don't remember Ghost Rider killing Scarecrow, but I do remember him doing something even more twisted.

He started breaking Scarecrows bones, then he held them in place so the Scarecrow's healing factor would heal them in all sorts of twisted and out of place positions.

That I believe would go under torture which would make it cruel and unusual punishment.

I finished reading ghost rider issue 3 of the 90s ketch series. In it ghost rider intentionally stabs one of deathwatche's minions with his own sais.

Omega Riddler
06-28-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure if Deadpool counts, still trying to figure him out if he is a villain or hero. He's trying to be a hero but none of the Marvel Heroes trusts him because he is an asshole (a loveable asshole though) but he does bad things. He killed the entire Marvel Universe

Spike-X
06-28-2014, 05:29 PM
He killed the entire Marvel Universe

That's no big deal. Fred Hembeck did that.

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/images/marvel_humour_one_shots/hembeck_destroys.jpg

NerdGasm94
06-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Batman has killed people in his early days and in the Dark Knight Returns. I wouldn't say downright murder though :D

Pinsir
06-30-2014, 01:36 PM
Batman has killed people in his early days and in the Dark Knight Returns. I wouldn't say downright murder though :D

Murder is just a umbrella term; justifiable homocide, manslaughter...its all the same

blackwidow12345
07-02-2014, 06:25 AM
Some think Natasha murders people, some say she is justified; what do you think? Careful .......... she may be listening. LOL

Zukahnaut
07-03-2014, 12:24 AM
I haven't seen Daredevil here. People argue that he was possessed when he killed Bullseye, but within the story it's explicitly stated that the killing was all his own choice -- and THAT's what had opened his heart all the way to accept the Beast's corruption. But even if that's not good enough for you, he did kill a thug in Man Without Fear. He warned the guy to put the gun down and surrender or he would die -- the thug shot anyway, and DD ricocheted the bullet back at him and through his skull. DD compartmentalized it and just kept on going.

Namor has been killing people since his first appearance, but the line between hero and villain keeps jumping back and forth over him. When he was acing heroically, though, he still killed the bad guys. I recently read his first team-up story with the Golden Age Human Torch, where Namor snapped the villain's neck to release the Torch from his mind control power.

TroubleWithTrebles
07-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Did the 1980s Miracleman group get mentioned?

People Of The Earth
07-03-2014, 09:51 AM
I'm not sure if Deadpool counts, still trying to figure him out if he is a villain or hero. He's trying to be a hero but none of the Marvel Heroes trusts him because he is an asshole (a loveable asshole though) but he does bad things. He killed the entire Marvel Universe

Deadpool did kill Father in UXF.

Agent Venom is another one, I remember him killing people when Ross came to recruit him.
Oh, Red Hulk himself, he helped Castle "clean" an entire warehouse filled with mobsters when he went recruiting him for his team.