PDA

View Full Version : Comic Apocalypse is replaced by Animated Apocalypse

Awesome-X
04-30-2014, 04:10 PM
Like the other thread; how do you think things would change if the animated Apocalypse from X-Men: The Animated Series/Evolution replaced the comic (Earth-616) one?

Scenario 1: X-Men: TAS Apocalypse replaces Earth-616 Apocalypse.

Scenario 2: X-Men Evolution Apocalypse replaces Earth-616 Apocalypse.

X-Men: TAS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuVxCwNdWhg

X-Men Evolution:

Vs. X-men:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm8t5PPJpqA

Vs. Magneto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkBH3sklhp8

Holacik
04-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Generally the Animated versions, while more efficient, are a few degrees lower in power. I don't think that he would do well.

Cleric of Hell's Brigade
05-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Generally the Animated versions, while more efficient, are a few degrees lower in power. I don't think that he would do well.

The 90's animated Apoc has such better lines though, the comic X-Men would drop from sheer awesomeness.

"I am the Rock of Eternity. Crash upon my shores!"

Hazard
05-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Yeah, 90s Apocalypse was all kinds of badass.

master of read
05-01-2014, 11:58 AM
The 90's animated Apoc has such better lines though, the comic X-Men would drop from sheer awesomeness.

"I am the Rock of Eternity. Crash upon my shores!"

here is the line for ya.

"i am the rocks of the eternal shore. crash against me and BE BROKEN!"A

Len Ikari145
05-01-2014, 12:39 PM
here is the line for ya.

I still find it sad that it's Fox's Apocalypse that we fans consider the definitive version instead of Marvel's. Seriously Marvel, why couldn't you just follow Fox's example so Comic Apoccy could be considered a genuine threat(or a respectable one for that matter)?

As for how he would do, considering what he's shown to be capable of when it comes to prep, I'd say he becomes a pretty sizable threat as long as he doesn't draw too much attention to himself.

Surtur
05-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Well like I said before, trolling Angel becomes a favorite pastime for people now.

Awesome-X
05-01-2014, 01:05 PM
I forgot to mention that the animated versions of Apocalypse have access to all the technology and resources of the comic (616) one.

master of read
05-01-2014, 03:46 PM
I still find it sad that it's Fox's Apocalypse that we fans consider the definitive version instead of Marvel's. Seriously Marvel, why couldn't you just follow Fox's example so Comic Apoccy could be considered a genuine threat(or a respectable one for that matter)?

As for how he would do, considering what he's shown to be capable of when it comes to prep, I'd say he becomes a pretty sizable threat as long as he doesn't draw too much attention to himself.

fox poccy was a force of nature. i dont remember anyone really hurting him.

but yeah, dude was always a threat. his grand master plan was to unmake the creation and only a handful of people were really in a position to stop him. honestly, without bishop and magneto, the universe would be boned. so yeah, fox poccy would be a major threat.

Surtur
05-01-2014, 04:05 PM
fox poccy was a force of nature. i dont remember anyone really hurting him.

but yeah, dude was always a threat. his grand master plan was to unmake the creation and only a handful of people were really in a position to stop him. honestly, without bishop and magneto, the universe would be boned. so yeah, fox poccy would be a major threat.

Eh, the power levels of the people in the show tended to pale in comparison to those in comics though.

master of read
05-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Eh, the power levels of the people in the show tended to pale in comparison to those in comics though.

i know but apoc had a lot of powers to work with: size manipulation, matter control, psychic powers, shapeshifting, phasing, a bunch of different force blasts, and at one point, time travel.

Len Ikari145
05-01-2014, 07:23 PM
i know but apoc had a lot of powers to work with: size manipulation, matter control, psychic powers, shapeshifting, phasing, a bunch of different force blasts, and at one point, time travel.

Plus, in this scenario, he'll have Comic Apoc's resources (particularly, his Celestial tech) to play with. As I said, as long as he plays it subtly (which he is more than capable of doing as the show has proven to us just how manipulative and patient he can be), he'll likely be an immense threat.

Guy1
05-01-2014, 07:33 PM
here is the line for ya.

I admit, I want to see him saying this while standing on Cyke's lawn.

Primetime Harder
05-02-2014, 03:17 AM
I can't help but wonder if Fox Apoc would have fared as well against Dracula.

master of read
05-02-2014, 05:44 AM
Plus, in this scenario, he'll have Comic Apoc's resources (particularly, his Celestial tech) to play with. As I said, as long as he plays it subtly (which he is more than capable of doing as the show has proven to us just how manipulative and patient he can be), he'll likely be an immense threat.

he could. he manipulated the FOH into creating a virus that could kill both humans and mutants and they didnt have the common sense to really check out his work. poccy knew how to screw with people to get what he wanted.

Awesome-X
05-18-2014, 10:31 AM
I can't help but wonder if Fox Apoc would have fared as well against Dracula.
He'd most likely be able to defeat him. Dracula shouldn't be a match for most versions of Apocalypse, as long as they're at full power. The Apocalypse Dracula fought in the comics was weakened from having been awakened early.

Surtur
05-18-2014, 12:13 PM

Well, IIRC the time travel thing was circumstantial. It wasn't something he could just bust out whenever.

He'd most likely be able to defeat him. Dracula shouldn't be a match for most versions of Apocalypse, as long as they're at full power. The Apocalypse Dracula fought in the comics was weakened from having been awakened early.

It's possible Dracula might be able to stalemate if he stays in mist form, assuming Apocalypse has no way to hurt him in that form. I'm not sure if telepathy would work on him or not in that form.

Or if they have prep Dracula fires vampire missiles at him. Vampire missiles trump even Celestial technology.