PDA

View Full Version : Robocop vs Edward Cullen

Bullet Sniper
05-13-2014, 12:01 PM
how does Edward Cullen do against the following versions of Robocop?

1) 1987 trilogy Robocop

2) 1988 cartoon Robocop

3) 1994 TV series Robocop

4) Prime Directives Robocop

5) 2014 reboot Robocop

if stomp for Robocop, bring all the other Twi-vamps to assist Edward. If stomp for Edward, bring in the OCP to assist Robocop.

Daenarys Stormborn
05-13-2014, 12:08 PM
The only robocop I know about is the newest one. I'd say that one could probably beat Cullen due to his auto-aiming, decent speed, and high powered weapons. Cullen's pre-cog means he could potentially aim doege the shot, but I don't think he'll be able to do so for too long.

Surtur
05-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Edward doesn't have precog, that is Alice. He can read minds, but I forget if Robocop even had a normal human brain or not. I can't comment on the cartoon or tv series because I've never seen them. I know 1980's RoboCop was a bullet timer on top of a bunch of weapons and crap, so he is faster then Edward. Twilight durability is weird though. We never see them get shot or stabbed really, they just kind of punch each other. Edward can not be budged by a van going 30-40 mph and smashing into him, and we have the whole "half vampire fetus was too tough for a vampire doctor to push a needle through" and these guys are pretty strong..but yeah, I'm not sure if you could say a Twilight vampire could shrug off all the weapons the 80's version had.

The reboot is supposed to be slower and all around weaker then the 1980's version, and also has less cybernetic parts or something(or rather, has more meaty human parts still) so Edward could probably take that one down.

BitVyper
05-13-2014, 01:00 PM
I know 1980's RoboCop was a bullet timer on top of a bunch of weapons and crap, so he is faster then Edward.

Well, he's a bullet timer with a big asterisk. He caught a bullet once, which given his portrayal the entire rest of the time... I don't think it's inherently contradictory so I'd be hesitant to call it SvsFL, but I think he's very limited in that capacity. Unless I'm missing some scene where he goes full on Matrix, I would say it indicates bullet time cognition and hand speed, but I don't see him chasing down Daredevil or unloading a barrage of bulletspeed punches, or full on sidestepping bullets for that matter. Still, in terms of being able to say, follow/lead a target with his gun, I'd say he can probably put his speed to good use there. I'd bet on him being able to pin down and hit a low end bullet timer, and aim-dodging his shots would probably be impossible, since he could correct at higher speeds. Which, really, seems like what he was built for, and relatively consistent with the rest of his feats.

I've never seen Robocop 3 though, so maybe there's a ton of stuff I'm missing.

The reboot is supposed to be slower

I disagree. He's had a pretty solid bullet dodge posted.

FrenchGemini
05-15-2014, 02:00 AM
I disagree. He's had a pretty solid bullet dodge posted.

Here, at the end of the clip for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8vuu0ZbvX8

RebootCop has somewhat slower reflexes, but has early MCU Captain America levels of mobility to go with that reaction speed.

I don't remember what '87 Robocop has left in terms of fleshy bits, but RebootCop has his head, lungs, digestive organs and right hand left. The latter's armor is also somewhat less durable, but still good enough to take a lot of automatic gunfire and still have Murphy functional at the end of it. In terms of strength, he isn't strong enough to one-hand benchpress an ED-209, that's all I remember right now.

Mari
05-15-2014, 02:05 AM
Edward and all his fellow vampires are very fast. So I would say Edward Cullen wins. I don't know if it is a stomp though.

Jonathan
05-15-2014, 02:34 AM
87 Robocop should win. He survived falling off of a skyscraper and through the street below. He is also a perfect marksman(to the extent of shooting a sniper through his own scope), can catch bullets, is armed with weapons powerful enough to take down armored vehicles, and has a jetpack that can fly fast enough that the shockwaves it creates can smash windows.

Bullet Sniper
05-15-2014, 06:23 PM
^ not to get off topic, but are you the same Jonathan with the Rhino avatar on old CBR?

MorphyVSFischer
05-16-2014, 01:18 PM
87 Robocop should win. He survived falling off of a skyscraper and through the street below. He is also a perfect marksman(to the extent of shooting a sniper through his own scope), can catch bullets, is armed with weapons powerful enough to take down armored vehicles, and has a jetpack that can fly fast enough that the shockwaves it creates can smash windows.

Catching the bullet was highly situational and when did the dude take weapons with enough bang to beat a armored vehicle all the time?
Cullen is to fast, yet can't hurt or be hurt by Robocop. This feels like a stalemate.

Jonathan
05-16-2014, 10:15 PM
^ not to get off topic, but are you the same Jonathan with the Rhino avatar on old CBR?

Yes. Who were you in the old days?

Jonathan
05-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Catching the bullet was highly situational and when did the dude take weapons with enough bang to beat a armored vehicle all the time?
Cullen is to fast, yet can't hurt or be hurt by Robocop. This feels like a stalemate.

Third movie. In Robocop 3 one of his standard armaments was a multi-weapon arm that included a machinegun, a flamethrower and a rocket launcher.

MorphyVSFischer
05-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Third movie. In Robocop 3 one of his standard armaments was a multi-weapon arm that included a machinegun, a flamethrower and a rocket launcher.

So of those things only the last would actually destroy an armored vehicle but I maintain Robocop doesn't have the speed to tag Cullen.

Alan2099
05-17-2014, 11:37 AM
how does Edward Cullen do against the following versions of Robocop?

5) 2014 reboot Robocop
Oh, how I wish for Grudge Match's old "Both mangled and Killed" option right about now.

The only robocop I know about is the newest one.
You poor soul. Go remedy that. NOW!

Edward doesn't have precog, that is Alice. He can read minds, but I forget if Robocop even had a normal human brain or not.
Robocop's brain was at least partially organic, but it certainly wasn't normal. They added stuff to that and put lockouts and programming there too.

Here, at the end of the clip for those interested:

I don't remember what '87 Robocop has left in terms of fleshy bits, but RebootCop has his head, lungs, digestive organs and right hand left. The latter's armor is also somewhat less durable, but still good enough to take a lot of automatic gunfire and still have Murphy functional at the end of it. In terms of strength, he isn't strong enough to one-hand benchpress an ED-209, that's all I remember right now.
Original Robo has an organic brain, face (just the face, not the head or skull), at least a large portion of a human brain, and some internal organs at least including the stomach.

It's said in Robocop 2 "Take away all the plastic and metal and wires and you're just a couple of chunks on a coroners table, you're *not* even a corpse!"

And a jetpack!

Surtur
05-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Well if Robocop 87 isn't a traditional bullet timer persay then Edward might have a shot. If he can get close enough he might be able to take it. Then again, Robocop might be too durable. Though if his brain is partially organic then Edward can probably read his mind.