PDA

View Full Version : No way to contact admins

Synthetic Innocence
04-30-2014, 04:21 PM
I cannot even recreate an icon and there is no link to contact an admin that actually functions anywhere. This is absolutely ridiculous. Those of us who spent time and energy creating real threads and had on going "civil" discourse should NOT be punished for the actions of a few vile creeps.

Michael P
04-30-2014, 04:23 PM
There's a questions/requests forum, and you can PM any admin as you would any poster.

thecrimson
04-30-2014, 04:33 PM
There's a questions/requests forum, and you can PM any admin as you would any poster.

Who are the admins?

Expletive Deleted
04-30-2014, 04:48 PM
There's a "Report Post" button (the little triangle with an exclamation point) next to each post, under the poster's username. There's also a list of moderators and administrators here (http://community.comicbookresources.com/showgroups.php), although we're not fully staffed, yet. And if you just need a general point of contact, e-mail community@comicbookresources.com and all the admins will see it.

Gordon
04-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Who are the admins?

The people with green names, and three of them are on-line as of this posting.

thecrimson
04-30-2014, 04:53 PM
There's a "Report Post" button (the little triangle with an exclamation point) next to each post, under the poster's username. There's also a list of moderators and administrators here (http://community.comicbookresources.com/showgroups.php), although we're not fully staffed, yet. And if you just need a general point of contact, e-mail community@comicbookresources.com and all the admins will see it.

And if someone wanted to see how he could become a mod?

Expletive Deleted
04-30-2014, 04:59 PM
And if someone wanted to see how he could become a mod?

Send us an e-mail telling us why you'd want to be a mod and what you'd bring to the table. We're still working out how we want to fill our vacancies, so I can't promise we'll get back to you right away, but we're happy to take any interested parties into consideration.

Power Torch
04-30-2014, 05:00 PM
We should make one huge thread for the bad stuff and question with the wipe and one for the good stuff said about the wipe. It would be easier that way.

thecrimson
04-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Send us an e-mail telling us why you'd want to be a mod and what you'd bring to the table. We're still working out how we want to fill our vacancies, so I can't promise we'll get back to you right away, but we're happy to take any interested parties into consideration.

dupersuper
04-30-2014, 06:11 PM
I sent an Admin message when I was unable to log in, before I realized what had happened. I feel silly now. I won't be able to get my Silent Bob with a holy putter avatar back up until the weekend...I feel naked posting without it.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Send us an e-mail telling us why you'd want to be a mod and what you'd bring to the table.

The words "rule my Fiefdom with an Adamantium Fist" come to mind.

Which is probably why I'm not going to be invited to join the mods any time soon.

Or maybe I will, if that's what the bosses want. :D

OzBat!
05-01-2014, 06:56 AM
Moderating is a tuff gig. Even if you consider CBR to be your "home" website, the place you hang your internet stuff, moderating isn't a badge or award you push for because you think it might be fun. It's not just for the people who are on all the time. I found after becoming a moderator here, I was less likely to be able to participate in any of the debate threads without being accused of bias or taking sides, and eventually spent more time in PMs to people complaining than I did posting. It was when I realised that that I finally pulled back and surrendered the several boards I was modding to other people, and went into lurk status.

It's been a few years now since I posted with any regularity. I'll check the reboot place out and see what it starts turning into.

bert
05-01-2014, 07:42 AM
It's been a few years now since I posted with any regularity. I'll check the reboot place out and see what it starts turning into.

LOL. . exactly my take on it too 'Bat!

good to see you here as well :)

OzBat!
05-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Berrrrrrrrrrt! Yay!

Paradox
05-01-2014, 08:09 AM
The MunchKING brings back memories:

The words "rule my Fiefdom with an Adamantium Fist" come to mind.

Which is probably why I'm not going to be invited to join the mods any time soon.

Or maybe I will, if that's what the bosses want. :D

When I modded Alvaro's Avengers board, I got to be the Iron Fist. I had a co-mod to play Velvet Glove. I just came in to put the hammer down ("Uh-oh, 'Dad's' pissed!"). :p

The MunchKING
05-01-2014, 08:14 AM
When I modded Alvaro's Avengers board, I got to be the Iron Fist. I had a co-mod to play Velvet Glove. I just came in to put the hammer down ("Uh-oh, 'Dad's' pissed!"). :p

Hmmmm... Then I would need a co-mod who can handle enforcing my Adamantium will with subtlety and tact?

Now where would I find one of those?

OzBat!
05-01-2014, 08:17 AM
This is the internet, and you're looking for subtlety and tact?

*nudges Bigfoot in the next internet cafe booth over in the elbow* Can you believe this guy??

The MunchKING
05-01-2014, 08:19 AM
That's why it's so hard!

(That's what she said)

But no quest has stopped the MunchKING before!!