PDA

View Full Version : NHL playoff predictions

cgh
05-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Today we have a Boston/Montreal game 7, a storied match-up if ever there was one. Any predictions or hopes? As a right-thinking person, I of course want Montreal to win.

For Ana/LA, I'm pulling for Anaheim simply because of Selanne. The guy is 43 and is still a major force, just amazing.

Vibranium
05-14-2014, 02:48 PM
<---Rangers fan

the state of Pennsylvania shall now be known as Ranger Land

all your lands and women are now under the rule of King Henrik and Hand Of the King Brad Richards

Long may he reign

cgh
05-14-2014, 02:52 PM
<---Rangers fan

all your lands and women are now under the rule of King Henrik and Hand Of the King Brad Richards

Long may he reign

I guess Crosby and Malkin will be exiled north of the Wall.

Let's not forget about Alain Vigneault. I guess the Canucks finally figured out they fired the wrong guy. Yes, the Rangers are an easy team to like and Lundquist is just scary.

Vibranium
05-14-2014, 02:54 PM
I still don't like Vigneault

Torts should still be back there and that's how a majority of Rangers fans feel

cgh
05-14-2014, 02:58 PM
I still don't like Vigneault

Torts should still be back there and that's how a majority of Rangers fans feel

The Canucks just fired him so maybe they can trade back again. Torts was a bad match for the Canucks - seriously, getting the Sedins to block shots?

I am okay with the Rangers or Montreal making the finals. I don't think either team will beat Chicago (or Anaheim, for that matter).

Vibranium
05-14-2014, 03:04 PM
same here...ive been a Rangers fan since I was 9 or 10 and my stepmom introduced me to hockey (im 35 now) and the Blackhawks are just too good

if the rangers get that far, Hawks in 6

WestPhillyPunisher
05-14-2014, 03:07 PM
<---Rangers fan

Long may he reign

I can live with that, mainly because of King Henrik since I love goaltender play, and Lundqvist was flat out of his mind last night. And, besides that, here in eastern Pennsylvania, the important part of the state, the Penguins aren't at all liked, so no tears were shed when Cindy Crosby and company were sent packing.

Vibranium
05-14-2014, 03:10 PM
I had issue with the NHL fining King Henrik for squirting Crosby with his water bottle

he was just trying to wash that dirt from Crosbys upper lip, he was being helpful

cgh
05-15-2014, 09:52 AM
See ya, Boston! Milan Lucic - what a goon. Apparently he actually threatened to kill Dale Weise during the handshake.

DubipR
05-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Time for my Kings to turn the lights out on Anaheim tomorrow and then head out to Chicago for some Blackhawk stomping

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3613377/go-kings-go-o.gif

Vibranium
05-15-2014, 10:03 AM
the Hawks are going to make the Kings their pretty little girlfriend

Vibranium
05-15-2014, 10:04 AM
See ya, Boston! Milan Lucic - what a goon. Apparently he actually threatened to kill Dale Weise during the handshake.

and said something to Subban as well

#classless

DubipR
05-15-2014, 10:08 AM
the Hawks are going to make the Kings their pretty little girlfriend

Nah. You must be thinking of Anaheim and their sissy skaters. We're built for the playoffs.

Vibranium
05-15-2014, 10:10 AM
like last year?

Im a Rangers fan, but im not delusional

I know that if we get into the Cup Finals against the Hawks that Kane, Toews, and the rest of that lot are going to take the Rangers to the woodshed

cgh
05-15-2014, 12:47 PM
like last year?

Im a Rangers fan, but im not delusional

I know that if we get into the Cup Finals against the Hawks that Kane, Toews, and the rest of that lot are going to take the Rangers to the woodshed

Toews in particular seems to tap into something extra during the playoffs. Statistically Crosby is the best regular-season forward but Toews takes it in the playoffs, I think.

Regarding Ana/LA...I dunno, it seems to me that Anaheim have consistently outplayed LA yet LA squeaks out the goals despite no scoring from the big guns. I think it speaks to Anaheim's weakness between the pipes as much as anything else.

Vibranium
05-15-2014, 12:59 PM
I agree...Kings just keep throwing pucks at the net until one gets by

Ghost
05-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Im not a big Kings fan, but pleeease please mercilessly grind the Ducks into a bloody paste in game 7. :p

And way to keep it classy Lucic.. I know the playoffs are intense, but he had the whole series to make a statement.

Marc Lombardi
05-15-2014, 05:08 PM
Flyers all the way!!!!

Wait....what????

Vibranium
05-15-2014, 07:41 PM
yeah...sorry

the New York Rangers own your team and your state

please see the announcement on the previous page

all hail King Henrik!!!

long may he reign

snarkbunny
05-15-2014, 07:55 PM
There has been a lot of excellent hockey this playoffs. Not having a horse in the race, I am cheering for the Habs to go the way now.

Marc Lombardi
05-16-2014, 07:38 AM
yeah...sorry

the New York Rangers own your team and your state

please see the announcement on the previous page

all hail King Henrik!!!

long may he reign

I'll say this about Henrik. I had him on my Fantasy Hockey team last season and dude was a stud. Also, he earned my respect when he showed up on Jimmy Fallon's show last year playing Sweet Child O' Mine on the electric guitar. Badass.

cgh
05-16-2014, 09:47 AM
There has been a lot of excellent hockey this playoffs. Not having a horse in the race, I am cheering for the Habs to go the way now.

Me too, but to be honest the chances are slim. This season, there were at least five teams in the West that were Cup contenders - Chicago, SJ, St. Louis, LA and Anaheim. So the team that makes it through, likely Chicago, is going to be tough as hell. I think the Cup will go to a Western team again.

snarkbunny
05-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Me too, but to be honest the chances are slim. This season, there were at least five teams in the West that were Cup contenders - Chicago, SJ, St. Louis, LA and Anaheim. So the team that makes it through, likely Chicago, is going to be tough as hell. I think the Cup will go to a Western team again.

More than likely but we get an Original 6 eastern final and hopefully an O6 final.... Tradition!

banky
05-16-2014, 05:39 PM
More than likely but we get an Original 6 eastern final and hopefully an O6 final.... Tradition!

I'm pulling for my Hawks vs. the Habs in the SCF this year. And for the Hawks to exact revenge for their losses to the habs in the 70s finals. Old skool Original 6 all the way!

BTW, any of the west teams remaining would beat the east conf finalists easily.

Arfguy
05-16-2014, 11:09 PM

That's what is being said by most people, so it's likely true. I'm glad Boston is out. Hated their goon-style hockey play anyways!

Time for my Kings to turn the lights out on Anaheim tomorrow and then head out to Chicago for some Blackhawk stomping

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3613377/go-kings-go-o.gif

Looks like you got your wish, at least the turn out the lights in Anaheim part. Man, what a harsh beating they gave the Ducks...especially seeing as how this was Selanne's last game.

Im not a big Kings fan, but pleeease please mercilessly grind the Ducks into a bloody paste in game 7. :p

And way to keep it classy Lucic.. I know the playoffs are intense, but he had the whole series to make a statement.

Guess he can pound his chest at home while watching the Wolf of Wall Street on repeat :D

I'm pulling for my Hawks vs. the Habs in the SCF this year. And for the Hawks to exact revenge for their losses to the habs in the 70s finals. Old skool Original 6 all the way!

BTW, any of the west teams remaining would beat the east conf finalists easily.

I feel the same way. My team, unfortunately, is the Edmonton Oilers and it's been ages since they made the playoffs. Beginning of the playoffs, I predicted Detroit and LA making it to the finals, with LA winning. However, now...I think the Kings have played two really tough 7-game series and may be out of gas when facing the Hawks. I think it's likely the Hawks win the Cup again!

Arfguy
05-17-2014, 02:10 PM
WOW! Can't believe how badly Montreal got routed today by New York. The Rangers are not known as an offensive team, but looks like like the 3 straight win defeat of the Penguins have put some spark in their offensive game.

cgh
05-17-2014, 05:06 PM
WOW! Can't believe how badly Montreal got routed today by New York. The Rangers are not known as an offensive team, but looks like like the 3 straight win defeat of the Penguins have put some spark in their offensive game.

The Habs were brutally spanked around. Maybe they'll actually show up on Monday.

LA-Chi should be interesting, a replay of last year. I hope the outcome is different this time but LA must be tired after two seven game series in a row.

Arfguy
05-17-2014, 06:13 PM
The Habs were brutally spanked around. Maybe they'll actually show up on Monday.

LA-Chi should be interesting, a replay of last year. I hope the outcome is different this time but LA must be tired after two seven game series in a row.

I think LA Kings were really banged up last year after the St. Louis. I tend to think that might be the case this year, as well...after two tough 7 game series, like you said.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-18-2014, 02:55 PM
The Blackhawks just won game one of their series against L.A. 3-1 in a tightly played game.

Arfguy
05-18-2014, 03:21 PM
The Blackhawks just won game one of their series against L.A. 3-1 in a tightly played game.

It was such a great game. Also, glad to see you made it to the new boards, WestPhillyPunisher!

WestPhillyPunisher
05-18-2014, 03:29 PM
It was such a great game. Also, glad to see you made it to the new boards, WestPhillyPunisher!

Thanks! Frank and I are glad to be here. As for the other series, hopefully, Montreal will put up more of a fight against the Rangers tomorrow than they did yesterday.

Wedge Antilles
05-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Predicting a Rangers-Blackhawks final with the Rangers winning.

Hoping for a Canadiens-Blackhawks final with the Canadiens winning.

Vibranium
05-18-2014, 04:01 PM
as a Rangers fan, I love my team but we are not good enough to beat the Blackhawks

Arfguy
05-18-2014, 06:03 PM
as a Rangers fan, I love my team but we are not good enough to beat the Blackhawks

I have to say, Hawks got a little lucky this game. For much of the game (along with other 7 game series the Hawks have played this year) the Kings were carrying the play and pressuring the Hawks. Tiffoli hit the post where it could have easily been 2-2. I like to think that the Kings are a little more resilient than the Wild or the Blues, given their playoff experience (apparently, they've played the most playoff games since 2012), so they may tenderize the Hawks if they don't get past them to the finals.

Playing in the West is grueling work. That bodes well to the teams from the East when it comes time for the finals.

cgh
05-19-2014, 01:06 PM
I have to say, Hawks got a little lucky this game. For much of the game (along with other 7 game series the Hawks have played this year) the Kings were carrying the play and pressuring the Hawks. Tiffoli hit the post where it could have easily been 2-2. I like to think that the Kings are a little more resilient than the Wild or the Blues, given their playoff experience (apparently, they've played the most playoff games since 2012), so they may tenderize the Hawks if they don't get past them to the finals.

Playing in the West is grueling work. That bodes well to the teams from the East when it comes time for the finals.

Well, it hasn't boded well for the last couple of years. I'd still bet on the West. I'd really like to see LA beat Chicago and I agree, the Hawks had some puck luck.

As for the Ranger/Montreal series, now that Price is out Montreal is likely doomed.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-19-2014, 01:45 PM
As for the Ranger/Montreal series, now that Price is out Montreal is likely doomed.

Just heard the news about Price. Bad news for Montreal. I can't see backup Peter Budaj being anywhere close as effective as Price. Yeah, it does look like the Habs are screwed.

Vibranium
05-19-2014, 02:08 PM
sucks for Price...now Ill feel bad if the Rangers win because we didn't take out the Habs at full strength

Arfguy
05-19-2014, 07:59 PM
sucks for Price...now Ill feel bad if the Rangers win because we didn't take out the Habs at full strength

Reminds me of that series a while back between Toronto and St. Louis where Nick Kypreos landed on Grant Fuhr and injured him. The Blues had to go with Jon Casey the rest of the series. In the end, St. Louis got past the Leafs and went on to face Detroit and Detroit ended up winning the series.

Then there was that time Dwayne Roloson got injured in the finals when Edmonton faced Carolina and they had to go with a back-up for the rest of the finals. In the end, the Oilers lost because they didn't play well enough, not due to goaltending.

Today's loss to the Rangers was because the Habs couldn't figure out Lundqvist, not because of their goalie. Yeah, it's discouraging to lose your main goalie who was a large part of why they beat Boston, but you gotta figure out how to move forward if you want to survive the playoffs.

Vibranium
05-19-2014, 08:01 PM
I was still feeling bad until that uber douchey opening they did...highlighting all their banners and all that

WestPhillyPunisher
05-20-2014, 01:50 AM
I was still feeling bad until that uber douchey opening they did...highlighting all their banners and all that

Yeah, that was kinda overdone. Cheesy too.

Wedge Antilles
05-20-2014, 03:34 PM

Yeah, that was kinda overdone. Cheesy too.

Well I can't say I blame them. They can't count on their goalie so they fall back on... banner mystique!

But if they were hoping to mesmerize the Rangers it didn't work, at least for now.

Arfguy
05-20-2014, 05:40 PM
With Lundqvist in net, the Rangers have very little to fear of superstitions and such. Right now, Lundqvist is strictly in the Canadiens' heads. If they can't figure out how to get a few past him, this series is gonna be over in the next 2 or 3 games.

cgh
05-20-2014, 07:11 PM
I bet Bettman and Co. are salivating at the prospect of a LA/NY final. I mean seriously, that is THE dream US matchup in terms of viewership potential. I'm actually hoping it happens as I kind of like LA, although some of my co-workers are Sharks fans so I have to keep it a secret. After SJ's mega-collapse, one guy went fully offline for 48 hours, no phone calls, nothing.

Arfguy
05-20-2014, 07:25 PM
I bet Bettman and Co. are salivating at the prospect of a LA/NY final. I mean seriously, that is THE dream US matchup in terms of viewership potential. I'm actually hoping it happens as I kind of like LA, although some of my co-workers are Sharks fans so I have to keep it a secret. After SJ's mega-collapse, one guy went fully offline for 48 hours, no phone calls, nothing.

The LA Kings are like the Boston Bruins of the West. Only difference is I actually like the Kings. I think they're an awesome team and I don't see any reason to believe they'll give Chicago a big fight.

Arfguy
05-21-2014, 09:28 PM
WOW! LA Kings score 6 unanswered to rout the Blackhawks and steal home ice advantage. I had to step away from the game when it was 2-0 Chicago. When I came back, it was 2-2 and then within minutes LA scored to make it 3-2.

Both these teams have such depth that I can't think of who I want winning the West. My initial Twitter prediction was LA, but I also predicted Detroit in the East as a finalist.

Vibranium
05-22-2014, 11:14 AM

either way works as long as the Rangers are in...Rangers/Kings or Rangers/Hawks get big tv markets in

WestPhillyPunisher
05-22-2014, 01:36 PM
either way works as long as the Rangers are in...Rangers/Kings or Rangers/Hawks get big tv markets in

King Henrik and the Rangers versus the defending Stanley Cup Champions? Count me in if that happens. The ratings would be tremendous.

Arfguy
05-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Well, that was certainly a dramatic ending to the Canadiens vs. Rangers game. Lucky bounce leads to 2-1 Montreal lead. Lucky bounce leads to the game being tied and a lucky bounce leads to the overtime winner.

Wedge Antilles
05-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Rangers should be desperate to get game 4. Lose, and momentum, home ice, and whatever else gets lost as well.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-23-2014, 01:48 AM
Well, that was certainly a dramatic ending to the Canadiens vs. Rangers game. Lucky bounce leads to 2-1 Montreal lead. Lucky bounce leads to the game being tied and a lucky bounce leads to the overtime winner.

You know what they say, sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good!

Jonah Weiland
05-25-2014, 09:39 AM
Went to the Kings/'hawks game at Staples Center yesterday and had a blast. Only my third Kings game this year (too many Clippers games for me), but going to try to go to at least one more.

Think they can defeat the Blackhawks? After last night's win, I certainly think so!

Ghost
05-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Went to the Kings/'hawks game at Staples Center yesterday and had a blast. Only my third Kings game this year (too many Clippers games for me), but going to try to go to at least one more.

Think they can defeat the Blackhawks? After last night's win, I certainly think so!

Nice. I bet that was a fun game to see live. Id love to see a playoff game live for the atmosphere.

I think the Kings could very well take the series. The Blackhawks seem a little depleted compared to last year, and the Kings keep coming back.

snarkbunny
05-25-2014, 02:03 PM

Nothing beats watching hockey live.

Nice. I bet that was a fun game to see live. Id love to see a playoff game live for the atmosphere.

It is a worthy goal and a memorable experience. I used to go to the Sens playoff games (before I moved away from Ottawa) and it is an amazing atmosphere. The other other times that are like it are the specials (All-Star Game, outdoor games), international games, and when there was the big minor hockey tournament in town. Seriously, when you go to a game where over 1/2 the attendees are made up of kids from minor league teams attending their first or second NHL game, it's this insanely fun atmosphere filled with excited kids.

I think the Kings could very well take the series. The Blackhawks seem a little depleted compared to last year, and the Kings keep coming back.
Possibly. A lot will depend on how Chicago reacts in the next game, and of course, which goaltender gets hot.

Jonah Weiland
05-25-2014, 05:58 PM

I think the Kings could very well take the series. The Blackhawks seem a little depleted compared to last year, and the Kings keep coming back.Playoff atmosphere is always so heightened it's almost addicting! I've seen many playoff games in my life time, including some finals games, and nothing is quite like it. Not even the BIG regular season game compares. SO much fun!

And truly, LA Kings fans are probably the most dedicated and loudest fans in Los Angeles. Totally eclipse Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Angels fans. No comparison.

Vibranium
05-25-2014, 07:54 PM
another overtime in Rangers/Canadiens

my heart can't take this

Vibranium
05-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Martin St Louis!!!

Arfguy
05-25-2014, 09:50 PM
The Habs gave up too many good chances. Can't keep making those kinds of plays and not get burned! Now the Rangers have the choke hold on this series.

Ghost
05-26-2014, 01:27 AM
Martin St Louis!!!

What a shot :eek:

Wedge Antilles
05-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Unless they make up a 3-goal deficit in the 3rd, Blackhawks look to be in a world of trouble.

Husker
05-26-2014, 08:02 PM
If anyone can pull themselves out of a hole though, it's the Hawks. Maybe I'm just being optimistic though, as the Kings are my second least favorite team (only the Bruins are worse. Does anyone like Boston sports apart from people from Boston?).

Seriously though, in my mind whichever team comes out of the west is going to take the cup. The powerhouses in the west are just better in seemingly every way.

Arfguy
05-26-2014, 09:04 PM
If anyone can pull themselves out of a hole though, it's the Hawks. Maybe I'm just being optimistic though, as the Kings are my second least favorite team (only the Bruins are worse. Does anyone like Boston sports apart from people from Boston?).

Seriously though, in my mind whichever team comes out of the west is going to take the cup. The powerhouses in the west are just better in seemingly every way.

With the exception of not liking LA Kings that much, I agree with everything you've said. I hate the Boston Bruins. Don't mind the Red Sox, don't care about the Celtics. I think New England Patriots are good, though.

Anyways, Hawks are in trouble now and they've been largely outplayed this round. Kings, on the other hand, are looking as assured as any team has these playoffs. I love all the right-handed shooters from LA (Carter, Doughty, Voynov, Brown, Lewis, Tiffoli) and they've got a pretty cool jersey and a very exciting goaltender. I can't find a flaw in this team. I think last year they were really hurting after their St. Louis series. This year, they looked on the brink, but that comeback from 3-0 to San Jose has made them nigh-invincible.

Husker
05-26-2014, 09:16 PM
Ya it is hard to pick against the Kings after that Sharks comeback. I expected to see San Jose in the final (naive of me as they always find a way to blow it), but at this point the Kings to look deadly. Plus, as much as I hate the guy, Gaborik seems to push them over the edge. They look dominant.

I'll tell you I do disagree about the jersey though. Black, white, and silver are just too dull of colors for me.

Jonah Weiland
05-26-2014, 09:58 PM
The Kings are built for the playoffs! Amazing!

Ghost
05-26-2014, 11:28 PM
I'll tell you I do disagree about the jersey though. Black, white, and silver are just too dull of colors for me.

I agree. I dont know why they got rid of the purple.. it was part of their identity imo.

http://icethetics.squarespace.com/storage/blog13/0320-lak99a-pics.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1363768323409

Would be cool if they found a way to make the old gold and purple work also.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Kings/Images/Kings13.png

Jonah Weiland
05-27-2014, 12:43 AM
I agree. I dont know why they got rid of the purple.. it was part of their identity imo.

http://icethetics.squarespace.com/storage/blog13/0320-lak99a-pics.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1363768323409

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Kings/Images/Kings13.pngThe premiere level seats at Staples center are the purple from the black/white/purple uniforms era. Most attendees think it's a Lakers thing, but it's the Kings. They were Staples' first tenant to sign.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-27-2014, 01:43 AM

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Kings/Images/Kings13.png

The cynic in me says that purple doesn't sell, especially in the inner city as kids will wear ANYTHING that's black, even if they have no earthly idea what hockey is. I live in da 'hood (West Philadelphia) and see kids sporting the old black sweaters the Flyers used to wear, and I'd bet my pension none of them had EVER watched a hockey game in their lives.

cgh
05-27-2014, 12:38 PM
LA was a low-scoring team in the regular season, known mostly for awesome defense. Now they are the highest-scoring playoff team, also known for awesome defense. And what's with Jeff Carter? It's like he's possessed.

It's good to hear LA has dedicated fans. I've been to some SJ games and man, they were LOUD. Up here in the Great White North, I think a lot of us are surprised to learn there are great fans in California. It's just so basketbally there, you know? I know many of us think hockey in the US is sort of about the northeast, with Minnesota being honorary Canadians (it's cold there) and Boston being the villains. Now we need to add California to the list. Forget Florida though, you will have a tough time convincing anyone that's a hockey state.

Husker
05-27-2014, 02:01 PM
The cynic in me says that purple doesn't sell, especially in the inner city as kids will wear ANYTHING that's black, even if they have no earthly idea what hockey is. I live in da 'hood (West Philadelphia) and see kids sporting the old black sweaters the Flyers used to wear, and I'd bet my pension none of them had EVER watched a hockey game in their lives.

That's a bit weird. Maybe it's just your area? I'm from Detroit and there are plenty of inner city kids into hockey. Maybe they don't play it as it's an insanely expensive sport, but everyone loves the Red Wings :)

Anyway, big game tonight. Rangers with a chance to close out the Habs. Even though I live in Detroit, I'm a Leafs fan, tried and true. So I don't really know who to root for. It pains me to think of Montreal winning, but I also would like to see a Canadian team win the cup.

Husker
05-27-2014, 02:04 PM
LA was a low-scoring team in the regular season, known mostly for awesome defense. Now they are the highest-scoring playoff team, also known for awesome defense. And what's with Jeff Carter? It's like he's possessed.

It's good to hear LA has dedicated fans. I've been to some SJ games and man, they were LOUD. Up here in the Great White North, I think a lot of us are surprised to learn there are great fans in California. It's just so basketbally there, you know? I know many of us think hockey in the US is sort of about the northeast, with Minnesota being honorary Canadians (it's cold there) and Boston being the villains. Now we need to add California to the list. Forget Florida though, you will have a tough time convincing anyone that's a hockey state.

I agree Florida doesn't need two teams, but The Lightning were founded by Phil Esposito. I hate the Bruins as much as the next guy, but Esposito won us the Canada Cup!

Wedge Antilles
05-27-2014, 03:51 PM
I agree Florida doesn't need two teams, but The Lightning were founded by Phil Esposito. I hate the Bruins as much as the next guy, but Esposito won us the Canada Cup!

Tampa has proven it's worth as a hockey team/city I think, winning the Cup a decade or so ago.

Forget the Panthers though... accomplished approximately zero aside from the '96 playoffs when they tackled and stickchecked their way to the final.

cgh
05-27-2014, 04:36 PM

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's more to do with the fact that they don't get snow. Let's be honest, we northerners look down upon the south as a humid, decadent wasteland of rum and sodomy and believe it's no place for gap-toothed Prairie boys who know how to shoot a puck.

Ghost
05-27-2014, 05:04 PM

I bet thats pretty accurate. The average fan/not fan probably think black anything looks cooler. Though in Dallas most people hated the Stars bland all-black jerseys. When the green came back this season you couldnt find anywhere that hadnt sold out of the new jerseys for months on end.

Now we need to add California to the list. Forget Florida though, you will have a tough time convincing anyone that's a hockey state.

I agree Florida doesn't need two teams, but The Lightning were founded by Phil Esposito. !

Forget the Panthers though... accomplished approximately zero aside from the '96 playoffs when they tackled and stickchecked their way to the final.

I wonder if the rumors about the panthers poor ticket sales and a relocation or expansion team in Seattle are true? The west could use another team or two to even things out.

Wedge Antilles
05-27-2014, 05:19 PM
I wonder if the rumors about the panthers poor ticket sales and a relocation or expansion team in Seattle are true? The west could use another team or two to even things out.

Can't speak for fan support in Miami... but from a financial perspective moving the franchise from Miami to Seattle seems to make sense.

Husker
05-27-2014, 05:29 PM
Ya, it's my understanding though that there won't be any team in Seattle unless they can find an NBA partner to make it viable. The good people of Seattle miss their Super Sonics. So close to Kevin Durant in Seattle, only to have Oklahoma City steal your super star.

Arfguy
05-27-2014, 06:18 PM
I really like the LA Kings, so what I'm about to say may not make any sense, but...

...is it weird that hockey is being played in places that is usually really, really hot? Like Phoenix, Dallas, Florida, etc? I know it's an indoor sport so the conditions can be maintained, but it just seems so weird to me.

snarkbunny
05-27-2014, 06:32 PM

SJ did an excellent job of teaching their fans the rules of the game, and making the game a fun experience, as did Dallas, and Nashville is going the same way. And in all cases, they started with a core of hockey fans from Canada/US. The PredWing jerseys were wild from the transplanted Detroiters in Nashville in their early years.

Don't forget North Dakotans are honourary Canadians, too :)

Husker
05-27-2014, 06:38 PM
SJ did an excellent job of teaching their fans the rules of the game, and making the game a fun experience, as did Dallas, and Nashville is going the same way. And in all cases, they started with a core of hockey fans from Canada/US. The PredWing jerseys were wild from the transplanted Detroiters in Nashville in their early years.

Don't forget North Dakotans are honourary Canadians, too :)

I think Detroit transplants have been a big part of Tampa's success too. Especially now that Yzerman is in that organization.

The only ones I'm really worried about are still Phoenix and Florida. That said, Dallas isn't what it was during the 90s either.

snarkbunny
05-27-2014, 06:49 PM
I really like the LA Kings, so what I'm about to say may not make any sense, but...

...is it weird that hockey is being played in places that is usually really, really hot? Like Phoenix, Dallas, Florida, etc? I know it's an indoor sport so the conditions can be maintained, but it just seems so weird to me.
Some of the high-rated Californian kids coming into the higher levels of the game were getting into with roller hockey. There are a lot of snowbirds in those locations, and it is an interesting game to watch. Although, truth be said, I would have expected soccer/football to make it bigger in the States than hockey.

I think Detroit transplants have been a big part of Tampa's success too. Especially now that Yzerman is in that organization.

The only ones I'm really worried about are still Phoenix and Florida. That said, Dallas isn't what it was during the 90s either.
Not too sure how the 'Canes are doing these days

Husker
05-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Some of the high-rated Californian kids coming into the higher levels of the game were getting into with roller hockey. There are a lot of snowbirds in those locations, and it is an interesting game to watch. Although, truth be said, I would have expected soccer/football to make it bigger in the States than hockey.

Not too sure how the 'Canes are doing these days

Considering that I completely forgot they existed for a second, I don't imagine they're doing very well, lol. The massive fall off of Cam Ward has led to a couple atrocious seasons, and in turn, I'm sure, a dwindling fan base.

snarkbunny
05-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Considering that I completely forgot they existed for a second, I don't imagine they're doing very well, lol. The massive fall off of Cam Ward has led to a couple atrocious seasons, and in turn, I'm sure, a dwindling fan base.

Not sure how the Triangle has been recovering either. It got hit pretty hard in the economic downturn, that hurt the 'Canes box, as well.

Wedge Antilles
05-27-2014, 07:59 PM
Looks like Montreal lives to play another game. How about that.

Vibranium
05-27-2014, 08:01 PM
well that was a total s**tshow

snarkbunny
05-27-2014, 08:17 PM
Looks like Montreal lives to play another game. How about that.

Bit of an insane game, that one was.

Husker
05-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Never can count those guys out. Such mixed emotions.

Now I just hope Chicago can do the same! Toews to the rescue.

snarkbunny
05-27-2014, 08:41 PM
Never can count those guys out. Such mixed emotions.

Now I just hope Chicago can do the same! Toews to the rescue.

I am pleased. If it can't be my Sens, then the Habs are a fine choice. I would like to see an Original Six final though.

Wedge Antilles
05-27-2014, 09:28 PM
I am pleased. If it can't be my Sens, then the Habs are a fine choice. I would like to see an Original Six final though.

Requires two comebacks from 1-3 deficits. I'd like to see that as well.

Husker
05-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Requires two comebacks from 1-3 deficits. I'd like to see that as well.

Stranger things have happened.

Unfortunately I think the Habs have a better shot at a comeback than the Hawks.

And only the Hawks need the comeback, Rangers or Habs will be original 6 from the east.

cgh
05-28-2014, 11:56 AM
well that was a total s**tshow

King Henrik deposed? There's a guy who doesn't get pulled too often.

That game was not a blowout and could have gone either way. It was a one goal game into the third.

Vibranium
05-28-2014, 01:00 PM
King Henrik deposed? There's a guy who doesn't get pulled too often.

That game was not a blowout and could have gone either way. It was a one goal game into the third.

everyone has that crap game on occasion, it happens

Wedge Antilles
05-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Don't blow that 2-0 lead, Chicago.

Ghost
05-28-2014, 06:15 PM

The outdoor games in warm areas are a little weird.. that outdoor Cali game was something else. But like you said, since indoor games are controlled environments I dont think it really makes a difference. It seemed weird to me when I found out that there was pro football in Canada lol. I always thought of that being more popular in the states. So I guess the stereotypes go both ways? :p

Arfguy
05-28-2014, 08:55 PM
The outdoor games in warm areas are a little weird.. that outdoor Cali game was something else. But like you said, since indoor games are controlled environments I dont think it really makes a difference. It seemed weird to me when I found out that there was pro football in Canada lol. I always thought of that being more popular in the states. So I guess the stereotypes go both ways? :p

HAHA...the world can't exist without stereotypes, so no worries. I don't know how pro the football is in Canada. We have our own league, not in the NFL.

On-topic, though...this was a crazy game between Chicago and LA. Both series are 5 games deep, going to 6. I am very much looking forward to the next couple of days. It really has been an exciting playoff season.

Husker
05-28-2014, 09:05 PM
What a game. Didn't expect it to end that way but I'm certainly glad it did. Go Hawks!

Wedge Antilles
05-28-2014, 09:12 PM
What a game. Didn't expect it to end that way but I'm certainly glad it did. Go Hawks!

Made it more difficult that it needed to be but yeah, good result. Two more to go.

snarkbunny
05-28-2014, 09:40 PM
And only the Hawks need the comeback, Rangers or Habs will be original 6 from the east.
T'is true. There will be an Orig Six repping the East this year.

Well, it is not quite the same game, and I would say that football is more popular in the States. We don't build big stadiums for highschool football up here.

On-topic, though...this was a crazy game between Chicago and LA. Both series are 5 games deep, going to 6. I am very much looking forward to the next couple of days. It really has been an exciting playoff season.

Definitely a couple of strange games there.

Vibranium
05-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Henrik

henrik

henrik

Vibranium
05-29-2014, 07:40 PM
HELLS YEAH

sorry Montreal

not really sorry

snarkbunny
05-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Congrats to the Rangers. They earned their victory and their shot at the cup.

Husker
05-29-2014, 07:42 PM
Lundqvist has made a bunch of amazing saves, but the one where he was rolling on his back has been the save of these playoffs so far. That guy is amazing.

cc008
05-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Let's go Rangers! One more hill to climb, baby!

Husker
05-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Let's go Rangers! One more hill to climb, baby!

It's going to be a big hill. Whoever wins, Chicago or LA, has to be the favorite. The west is tough.

If any team can do it though, it's the one with a goalie they call The King.

Vibranium
05-29-2014, 08:00 PM
I fear the Hawks will claw their way into the Finals....the Hawks scare me, as a Rangers fan

cc008
05-29-2014, 08:16 PM
It's going to be a big hill. Whoever wins, Chicago or LA, has to be the favorite. The west is tough.

If any team can do it though, it's the one with a goalie they call The King.

For sure. End of game 4 against Pittsburgh, you would never think that they'd be here. But they are and Lundqvist is a huge reason. Quick and Crawford aren't Tokarski though. He can't have any stinkers.

Husker
05-29-2014, 08:22 PM
For sure. End of game 4 against Pittsburgh, you would never think that they'd be here. But they are and Lundqvist is a huge reason. Quick and Crawford aren't Tokarski though. He can't have any stinkers.

I'm not sold on Crawford. If he plays well then Chicago will skate to the cup pretty easily. I think they have the most solid all around team of skaters, but Crawford is a major wild card in net.

cc008
05-29-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm not sold on Crawford. If he plays well then Chicago will skate to the cup pretty easily. I think they have the most solid all around team of skaters, but Crawford is a major wild card in net.

Less so than Quick, that's for sure. What's reassuring for the Rangers is they beat Chicago twice and split with LA this year. All of those games were pre-Callahan for St. Louis. It'll be interesting.

Arfguy
05-29-2014, 09:23 PM
So ends the chapter of the Montreal Canadiens 2014 playoff season. They made a good run, but damn New York is stingy with goals against! When you have an all-star like Lundqvist, though, I guess you are expected to not let that many goals in.

I love hockey. It's not playoff related, but I thought I'd leave this here:

AWESOME (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfkQq2g8NKk)

cgh
05-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Come on LA, send the Hawks home.

cc008
05-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Wow... five minutes late turning on the second period and all of a sudden it's 2-1 blackhawks.

Arfguy
05-30-2014, 11:30 PM
Can you all believe this series? WOW! It's been absolutely a thrill ride! I cannot wait until game 7 now!

WestPhillyPunisher
05-31-2014, 02:57 AM
The Blackhawks live to fight another day. Next up, game seven for all the marbles in the West!

cc008
05-31-2014, 11:36 AM
Game 7 tomorrow should be crazy.

Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon
05-31-2014, 11:47 AM
Quick continues to get exposed and isn't looking great. Goal off his skate is topnotch.
The kings again blow a third period lead, the kings are choking.

Never stop fighting until the fight is done. Elliot ness from the untouchables movie.
That's the Blackhawks the kings finding it out the hard way.

Blackhawks defeat the kings 4-3 sending the kings home with a egregious loss.

banky
05-31-2014, 03:02 PM
Having watched the Hawks since the early 90s teams, I can say this year's playoffs have been the best I've ever seen. The last 2 games have been incredible and probably shortened my life expectancy by a couple of months. I'd be happy if tomorrow's game 7 will be a blowout and sends the L.A. Kings home so we can have a true original 6 SCF matchup.

Kaner's line is dominating right now. It's hilarious how Sutter refuses to acknowledge the difference they've made the last 2 games. Saad - Kane - Shaw has something like 15 pts against the Kings this series. None of the Kings defenders can skate with Kane and they're all being outworked by Saader & Shawsie. I don't think Quick is being exposed any more than Crawford. The fans are chanting his name because it makes an easy chant. Crawford would take down Quick in a goalie fight, BTW. Yes, I'm trolling those LA fans.

cc008
06-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Pulling for Chicago tonight. Not necessarily because the Rangers match up better to them.. either team is going to be tough for the NYR. But it is a shorter flight to Chicago ;)

I'd also really like to see an O6 matchup. Those are always the best games to watch. Score 1 for tradition. Go hockey.

Vibranium
06-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Sad Youppi is sad

LET"S GO RANGERS

http://deadspin.com/sad-canadiens-mascot-in-rangers-jersey-is-the-saddest-m-1584464280

06-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Pulling for Chicago tonight. Not necessarily because the Rangers match up better to them.. either team is going to be tough for the NYR. But it is a shorter flight to Chicago ;)

I'd also really like to see an O6 matchup. Those are always the best games to watch. Score 1 for tradition. Go hockey.

Add to the New York Chicago rivalry since Yankees cubs hasn't happened in forever.

Vibranium
06-01-2014, 02:54 PM
there really isn't a New York / Chicago rivalry....just some Chicago fans think there is because it makes them feel important or something

:p

WestPhillyPunisher
06-01-2014, 03:03 PM
there really isn't a New York / Chicago rivalry....just some Chicago fans think there is because it makes them feel important or something

:p

Indeed. How can there be a rivalry when the Hawks and Rangers only play twice a year, if that?

06-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Indeed. How can there be a rivalry when the Hawks and Rangers only play twice a year, if that?

Ok I guess I'm just eager to see something since Knicks have been a joke of mediocrity and underachievement and bulls have been prospering.

Getting closer to game 7 not shocked melrose has changed his mind after game 5 and 6 going with the Blackhawks.

Wedge Antilles
06-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Please hold that lead Blackhawks. Thank you.

06-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Quick has been exposed look horrid in goal 2.

06-01-2014, 05:39 PM
And kings answer on turnover

06-01-2014, 05:46 PM
And bhawks easily answer

3-2 if you Want to see a lot of offense you won't be disappointed

Husker
06-01-2014, 05:53 PM
This is a crazy game. I think a more high scoring affair favors the Hawks though.

06-01-2014, 06:09 PM
This is a crazy game. I think a more high scoring affair favors the Hawks though.

Lack of defense indeed

06-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Power play bhawks

cc008
06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
I don't think the rest of the game will be like that first period. Looks like it's tightened up.

06-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Won't be shocked of this goes to overtime

06-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Hockey is a game of constant motion.
Yes there is soccer but since hockey players have skates can move faster also very physical much like football.

06-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Kings play dirty all to obvious

Wedge Antilles
06-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Kings play dirty all to obvious

Can't stand teams like the Kings and Bruins... especially if they get a lead they suck the life out of the game

06-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Obvious desperate prevent defense by kings.

06-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Can't stand teams like the Kings and Bruins... especially if they get a lead they suck the life out of the game

Really some player on bruins keeps cracking people up because his team keeps losing.
La kings have more success than Sacramento kings.
Amazed you have two California pro teams with same name and same colors.

06-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Wow sharp exposed quick.

No stick for quick and he was dashed.

06-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Could be the strangest goal I've ever known.

Wedge Antilles
06-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Really some player on bruins keeps cracking people up because his team keeps losing.

I think it's the Bruins players with the Bruins chest logo.

Hehehe seriously I think Milan Lucic is known for that stuff.

Wedge Antilles
06-01-2014, 07:06 PM
20 more minutes. 1 goal lead. Hold on. Thank you.

06-01-2014, 07:25 PM
So 5 goals a record for game 7 and it was broken

cc008
06-01-2014, 07:34 PM
LA tying this up again was pretty predictable

Wedge Antilles
06-01-2014, 07:37 PM
LA tying this up again was pretty predictable

Offsides!!!

06-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Not a dull game

cc008
06-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Offsides!!!

Not the first time, won't be the last. I just had the feeling that the Kings would find a way to tie it anyway.

06-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Not shocked were going to Ot

cc008
06-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Something glorious happened the last time a Conference Final went to OT in a game 7.

Vibranium
06-01-2014, 08:03 PM
YUP...the Rangers smote the stupid Devils

06-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Couldn't finish

06-01-2014, 08:05 PM
YUP...the Rangers smote the stupid Devils

The devil to pay oh wait all devils payed

Vibranium
06-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Martin Brodeur can die in a fire

06-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Great series it is

Vibranium
06-01-2014, 08:11 PM
and the air just rushes out of the United Center

06-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Martin Brodeur can die in a fire

Without the devils New Jersey wouldn't be known for sports because nets have been horrid

06-01-2014, 08:13 PM
And Kings survive three fires.
damn egregious to take them game 7 and then blow it in ot.

cc008
06-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Rangers in 7.

I'd love to see the Rangers win it at the Garden.. but this series is going the distance.

cgh
06-01-2014, 08:40 PM
That was excellent. I'm betting on LA over the Rangers.

snarkbunny
06-01-2014, 08:53 PM
It was an excellent series. So will the Kings recover in time for Wednesday?

Husker
06-01-2014, 09:06 PM
That was as phenomenal series. I'm bummed by the outcome, but you can't take anything away from LA.

I feel gross saying this, but Go Rangers!

As far as predictions go though, I think LA ends up taking it in 6. They look better in every way to me. But then again I thought Chicago would win this series and Boston would come out of the east, so what do I know?

Arfguy
06-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I couldn't believe this series. I'm not even a Chicago or LA fan, so I can only imagine what a roller coaster ride this game 7 must have been. This was a great series and it really is too bad that one team had to lose. I'm starting to think that LA and Chicago might start becoming bitter enemies. Blackhawks put the Kings out of the playoffs on it's way to win the Stanley Cup and now it's the Kings that knock out the Blackhawks to go on to the finals.

I love teams from the West, so I'm rooting for LA to win their second Cup in 3 years!

Ghost
06-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Wow, what a series! I never would have imagined it would be LA v.s. NY in the end. Figured the Bruins would probably take it in the east. But its nice to have some different teams going for the cup. Chicago is still a very good team, just didnt have quite the same magic as last season imo.

Vibranium
06-04-2014, 08:04 AM
it is 3.5 feet tall...it is 34.5 pounds

it is the most valued trophy in all of sport

and tonight..the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings shall begin their journey for Lord Stanleys Cup

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!

Wedge Antilles
06-04-2014, 02:45 PM
it is 3.5 feet tall...it is 34.5 pounds

it is the most valued trophy in all of sport

and tonight..the New York Rangers and Los Angeles Kings shall begin their journey for Lord Stanleys Cup

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!

For the good of hockey the Rangers need to win this.

Vibranium
06-04-2014, 03:09 PM
For the good of hockey the Rangers need to win this.

as a Rangers fan, the Kings are probably a touch more talented

but our team has the best goalie in the NHL and are getting hot at the right time

Jadis
06-04-2014, 04:02 PM
This is my dream Stanley Cup Finals matchup. Well alright my real dream one is Islanders vs Kings. But lets be realistic.

My family grew up Rangers fans. From back before the Phil Esposito era. While I used to love the Kings purple and yellow unis. (Though the modern ones are fine too.) Was excited when Gretz and Melrose came onboard.

Can't lose either way. I guess I'd rather the Rangers win since our family has New York roots and because it's been a generation since they have. But pick wise I'm taking Kings cause both netminders are great and LA has the slightly better team. Lundqvist is hotter than Quick atm though. And that could carry weight if it keeps up.

Vibranium
06-04-2014, 07:55 PM
OVERTIME

I can not handle this stress

cc008
06-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Can't gift wrap games in the Stanley Cup Final. That's what the Rangers did tonight. Dan Girardi has had a miserable playoff run.

Wedge Antilles
06-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Can't gift wrap games in the Stanley Cup Final. That's what the Rangers did tonight. Dan Girardi has had a miserable playoff run.

Hope he and Rangers get the ship righted soon.

cgh
06-05-2014, 04:44 PM
I like the Kings but I am torn. Alain Vigneault is the former coach of the Canucks and I really want to see him get a Cup. But I also want a Western team to win. Plus the Kings have a great, gritty style of play. Not sure who to root for here...oh well, at least Boston isn't in it.

Husker
06-05-2014, 04:59 PM
That's a good point. I hate the Kings, but they're amazing compared to the Bruins. If the Bruins never won a cup again I'd be happy.

Arfguy
06-05-2014, 10:58 PM
A day late, but...

I can't tell if the Rangers just gave away the game to the Kings or if the Kings are just that right mix of skills and luck, but that comeback was pretty epic. That move by Doughty on the tying goal and the giveaway to the Kings in OT? Dramatic!

New York looked dangerous all game, but man...it must suck to be up 2-0 and to lose 3-2 in overtime. I think Kings are a lot more ready game 2 and the Rangers are more careful.

cgh
06-06-2014, 10:05 AM
A day late, but...

I can't tell if the Rangers just gave away the game to the Kings or if the Kings are just that right mix of skills and luck, but that comeback was pretty epic. That move by Doughty on the tying goal and the giveaway to the Kings in OT? Dramatic!

New York looked dangerous all game, but man...it must suck to be up 2-0 and to lose 3-2 in overtime. I think Kings are a lot more ready game 2 and the Rangers are more careful.

That is standard operating procedure for the Kings. Let the other team score a couple then go into hyperdrive. Also, take it to game 7 at all times.

Vibranium
06-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Kings are a physically bigger team, so they start slow but once they start rolling, its tough to stop them

Rangers rely on speed, but aren't as physical as the Kings overrall

cc008
06-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Headed to Bryant Park in NYC tonight for a Game 2 must-have for the Rangers.

Edit - Just found out they're not showing the game there tonight. That's disappointing. Oh well.

cgh
06-07-2014, 09:00 PM
And the greatest clutch team of the last decade comes through again. Crazy game.

WestPhillyPunisher
06-08-2014, 02:17 AM
And the greatest clutch team of the last decade comes through again. Crazy game.

I thought the Rangers had that game sewn up. What an amazing finish for the Kings!

cc008
06-08-2014, 08:11 AM
The Kings really are relentless. Rangers can't get out of their own way though. Gotta win both at MSG and find a way to steal one in LA now.

Wedge Antilles
06-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Rangers are still in "okay" shape. Win the next one and they should be fine.

cc008
06-08-2014, 02:58 PM
I said from the start if they won it, it would be in 7. I think they need to take both at home before going back west.

Arfguy
06-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Just saw the highlights from game 2. WOW...Kings got lucky. Again. They need to be in charge or they could lose this series very easily.

Arfguy
06-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Can you say "stranglehold"?

The Rangers are on the brink of defeat. They played great and deserved a better fate than what they got the first two games. However, game three...oh man were they ineffective. Literally.

cgh
06-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Can you say "stranglehold"?

The Rangers are on the brink of defeat. They played great and deserved a better fate than what they got the first two games. However, game three...oh man were they ineffective. Literally.

Yeah but now Rangers fans can look on the bright side: they can prepare to celebrate the greatest comeback in NHL history!

Or maybe not. Too bad that Vibranium guy got banned, I'd like to hear his reaction to all this.

06-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Kings make the rangers look pathetic shutout in their own backyard.
Quite frankly I'm not shocked it's not like the rangers played great teams to get to the Stanley cup finals.

cc008
06-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Not much to say after this one. How you can lay an egg down 2 games to none in your home arena in the Stanley Cup Final is unfathomable. But the Rangers did it. Typical.

06-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Not much to say after this one. How you can lay an egg down 2 games to none in your home arena in the Stanley Cup Final is unfathomable. But the Rangers did it. Typical.

They are the Knicks on ice for the nhl Stanley cup finals.

WestPhillyPunisher
06-10-2014, 02:37 AM
You'd think the Rangers would've put up more of a fight than they did last night. Color this series over, the Blueshirts might win game four, if but for no other reason than to avoid the embarrassment of being swept, but, as of right now, the Cup is L.A.'s to lose.

06-10-2014, 01:56 PM
You'd think the Rangers would've put up more of a fight than they did last night. Color this series over, the Blueshirts might win game four, if but for no other reason than to avoid the embarrassment of being swept, but, as of right now, the Cup is L.A.'s to lose.

They didn't play great teams and are getting exposed, or add the whole hype of the rangers goalie on sports illustrated has resulted in the worst backfire.

cgh
06-10-2014, 02:33 PM
They didn't play great teams and are getting exposed, or add the whole hype of the rangers goalie on sports illustrated has resulted in the worst backfire.

There are at least five teams in the West that could win this series (LA, CHI, STL, ANA, SJ). The West is just too strong.

06-10-2014, 03:11 PM
There are at least five teams in the West that could win this series (LA, CHI, STL, ANA, SJ). The West is just too strong.

Yeah Blackhawks would have also won without a problem.
The kings are pawning the rangers crowning them with egregiousness.
Two come from behind wins won in overtime, then lead first time in regulation in game 3 on road with 3 goals on 15 shots.
Three times 5 is 15 which is what kings shot, 3-0 shutout in game 3 plus a 3-0 lead.

So that's a triple 3 that is topnotch for the Kings.

Makes me think of when a football team on passes 16 times and wins easily by 21 or more because the other team pass d is horrid.

cc008
06-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Figures the worst game the Rangers play, they win.

Arfguy
06-11-2014, 08:50 PM
So the Rangers live to fight another day. I don't expect a 4 game winning streak to stump the Kings, though. This was more of a delay of the inevitable than anything. Two times the puck sat on the line in the Rangers' net. They narrowly escaped this game.

WestPhillyPunisher
06-12-2014, 02:29 AM
So the Rangers live to fight another day. I don't expect a 4 game winning streak to stump the Kings, though. This was more of a delay of the inevitable than anything. Two times the puck sat on the line in the Rangers' net. They narrowly escaped this game.

No surprise there. I didn't think the Kings would sweep either. The question now is: can the Rangers actually get back in the series, or was last night nothing more than a dead cat bounce?

Jadis
06-14-2014, 01:13 AM
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k625/NorthLeaf10/Assorted%20gifs/tumblr_n756ejN1dn1sna8pso1_400.gif (http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/NorthLeaf10/media/Assorted%20gifs/tumblr_n756ejN1dn1sna8pso1_400.gif.html)

Like both teams. The superior unit clearly won though. Congrats to the Kings for their second Cup in three seasons. Also congrats to Lundqvist for giving the Rangers a chance in games in which they were clearly outplayed otherwise.

cc008
06-14-2014, 07:53 AM
I can't believe that call they made on Zuccarello for tripping. Changed the entire game again. I'm not saying the better team didn't win the series.. but that was a horrendous call. Really wanted the series to get back to MSG for one more game. I feel like I just got broken up with.

DubipR
06-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Oh how sweet it is! We were celebrating outside of Staples last night! WOOO!

http://latimesphoto.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/kings_m5hjlhpd.jpg

Arfguy
06-14-2014, 01:54 PM
From the onset, other than the Boston Bruins, it didn't look like any team coming out of the East had much of a chance against the tougher Western teams. Rangers put up a good effort and I feel they deserved a better fate, but in the end...the better team won the Stanley Cup.

Congrats to the LA Kings. Two Cups in three years? You've got a powerful team to be reckoned with.