PDA

View Full Version : Conan the Cimmerian in Westeros

HFMM
05-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Robert E. Howard book version.

He starts off in King's Landing. During the beginning of GoT. What happens?

big_adventure
05-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Robert E. Howard book version.

He starts off beyond the wall. During the beginning of GoT. What happens?

He likely becomes King Beyond the Wall ahead of Mance, and contents himself there. He really wasn't into conquest or anything, and as long as nobody screws with him or his peeps, he'll pretty much ignore what goes on in Westeros.

The Drunkard Kid
05-14-2014, 05:03 PM
He likely becomes King Beyond the Wall ahead of Mance, and contents himself there. He really wasn't into conquest or anything, and as long as nobody screws with him or his peeps, he'll pretty much ignore what goes on in Westeros.

Well, there are the Others and possibly something else out there that's driving all the Wildlings across the Wall despite all the hardship.

Of course, now whatever is behind all that has to deal with Conan, so they'll probably be the ones seeking asylum from Westeros this time around.

HFMM
05-14-2014, 06:30 PM

So... you're saying to drop him off in King's Landing. Done.

StupidMoniker
05-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Conan would be the top fighter around, so should have no problem leading a Bronn-like existence. Without a power base, there isn't much he can do to have a far reaching effect.

Radical
05-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Why do I see King Joffrey getting drop-kicked out of his castle like a field goal? :D

Tangent Man
05-15-2014, 12:54 AM
Why do I see King Joffrey getting drop-kicked out of his castle like a field goal? :D

Does Conan have to stop with just the one Lannister?

Drz
05-15-2014, 01:54 AM
Victarion Greyjoy would be a smarter man, that's the answer. :b

Radical
05-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Does Conan have to stop with just the one Lannister?

Good point; I would be surprised if the whole palace wasn't on fire when he was done. :D

HFMM
05-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Conan would be the top fighter around, so should have no problem leading a Bronn-like existence. Without a power base, there isn't much he can do to have a far reaching effect.

You know, I would totally watch a spin off about the adventures of Tyrion and Conan.

HFMM
05-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Good point; I would be surprised if the whole palace wasn't on fire when he was done. :D

I agree, pretty much anyone who goes decide to go the direct approach with Conan will cease to exist. Which will put him on people radar.

So how does Conan deal with the true players? The likes of Little Fingers, and Lord Varys.

Slade1
05-15-2014, 10:04 AM
So how does Conan deal with the true players? The likes of Little Fingers, and Lord Varys.

The same way he deals with everyone else. He bludgeons them to death.

HFMM
05-15-2014, 10:31 AM
The same way he deals with everyone else. He bludgeons them to death.

Great... Now I have this mental image of Conan pummeling Little Fingers, using Lord Varys as the bludgeoning tool.

Slade1
05-15-2014, 10:54 AM
Great... Now I have this mental image of Conan pummeling Little Fingers, using Lord Varys as the bludgeoning tool.

That's exactly how Conan rolls.

The Drunkard Kid
05-15-2014, 11:36 AM

Fortunately, he does have a power base. It's called "Conan of Cimmeria."

Shellhead
05-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Conan could handle individual opponents without trouble, but he was often on the run in his early days, fleeing cities just one step ahead of the authorities. He certainly got knocked unconscious on a recurring basis, and locked up more than a few times. Until he joins a faction or starts his own, he wouldn't have a major impact. If he is starting in King's Landing, I could see him going in so many directions. Maybe getting recruited by the Lannisters and then leaving in disgust during Joffrey's reign. Joining up with Beric Dondarrion's brotherhood. Or heading across the sea to the eastern lands. Or maybe becoming a freebooter of Pyke. Or getting shipped off to the Wall and escaping along the way. So many possibilities.