PDA

View Full Version : Rumblers' League 2014 - Spring

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Siriel
04-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Do not use this thread as a general chat thread, please keep the topic on the League.

Rules

Registration and Preparation

There are no more than 12 slots available, though 8 would be enough for a good League game.
If you think you might be interested in joining, make it be known here.
Depending on the Number of Players, the League Tournament might run anywhere from 7 to 11 weeks.
If you cannot commit to participating during that time, you have until a week before the Draft to back out and give your slot to someone else.

Team Selection

All Teams will be chosen During the Draft.
Do Not post any information about your desired team ahead of time.
Everyone gets 120 credits to use towards purchasing a team during the Draft.
Everyone is limited to no more than 2 - 10 credit draft/item purchases during the initial draft.
Everyone who participates gets 3 credits per week to spend on their teams once the tournament begins.
Once the Tournament begins, every player may choose to purchase an additional 2 – 10 credit draft/item for their team
4 - 10 credit draft/item per team maximum
Team size – Minimum of 5 team members / Maximum of no more than 12 team members [Does not include characters or items that can clone/reproduce themselves. Permanent fusing of two characters counts as 1 character.].
Once Teams are selected, a Reference Thread will be posted where each player can post their team

Game Play

All Strategies must be submitted the night before the posting of the matches. If no strategy is received, that counts as a Void
Half the Matches will be posted Monday Morning, the other half on Wednesday Morning.
Winners will be determined by votes.
Debate and defending you team is not required, but it is strongly recommended. Most matches in the past have been won based on who makes the best defense.
All players must make an honest effort to vote on each match.

Other

During the Draft, each player gets to choose one Arena. Once the required number of Arenas has been chosen from the list, they will be randomly assigned one-per-week. No duplicating of Arenas.

Players List

Tami (Confirmed.)
Lamela (Confirmed, now Korrdorr the Rumbler.)
Cleric of Hell's Brigade (Confirmed.)
Estrecca (Confirmed.)
Darth Drizzle (Confirmed.)
The MunchKING (Confirmed.)
Bobisbeast/Holacik (Confirmed both.)
Cthulhu_of_R'yleh (Confirmed.)
Siriel (Confirmed.)

KJS
04-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Just to point out - I'm Lamela.

"Erik Lamela" is a football (soccer) player I like. But I think he's going to be leaving the team I support, so I changed my name.

Tami
04-30-2014, 04:58 PM
I saved the original threads for the league. Can repost if given enough time.

Link to Team Reference Thread (http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?3501-Rumbler-s-League-2014-Spring-Summer-Team-Reference)

Link to Rumbler's League Wiki (http://rumblers-league.wikispaces.com/home)

Link to the Arena List (http://rumblers-league.wikispaces.com/Arenas)

Link to Shopping Thread (http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?5563-Rumbler-s-League-Spring-Summer-2014-Shopping)

Siriel
04-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Some of the information (like arenas) should probably go to the wiki instead.

Things like the participants and their teams, I'll edit in the opening post.

I ask that those who come back from the previous forum please post here to confirm they still want to participate.

And if you have a new user name, please say so.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Well if you did all the changes to the Wiki, I'd be mostly worried about confirming who was on the original and matching them up with who they are now.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 05:04 PM
Most of the information (like arenas) should probably go to the wiki instead.

Oh shoot. All those links are going to be dead links. Someone's going to have to go back through the archived CBR forums and recover all the posts with all the information on them.

Tami
04-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Oh shoot. All those links are going to be dead links. Someone's going to have to go back through the archived CBR forums and recover all the posts with all the information on them.

I'll work on it, but it will take time. Found one of the arena threads, working on saving it.

The MunchKING
04-30-2014, 05:07 PM
I'll work on it, but it will take time.

According to Jonah, you've got two weeks.

Good Luck.

Estrecca
04-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Looks like I'll be saving a ton of stuff.

EDIT: Considering the nature of recent events, a slight delay in starting this would be convenient.

Tami
04-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Since I was originally GMing this League, I'm alright with delaying it. Not sure if Siriel wants me to continue to GM it or if he wants to do it.

Siriel
04-30-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm going to be way too busy in the next few days. I have to finish my exams and write up everything that needs reposting for Rumbles.

I only made this thread to make it clear that the League was still allowed and because that way we can simply continue using it for future seasons.

Tami
04-30-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm going to be way too busy in the next few days. I have to finish my exams and write up everything that needs reposting for Rumbles.

I only made this thread to make it clear that the League was still allowed and because that way we can simply continue using it for future seasons.

Okay, thank you for this and for clearing it up.

Holacik
04-30-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm still me, and still in the league.

Tami
04-30-2014, 05:34 PM
The draft is postponed at least a week, maybe a little longer, to give everyone time to do what needs be done. I'll post a new date and time for the draft as soon as I think we're ready for it.

Tami
04-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Sharkerbob isn't going to be in the League this time. Can you please edit that into the Op for me Siriel?

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
04-30-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm back, and as Tentacle ... y, as ever!

Also, I'm still in this.

Siriel
04-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Sharkerbob isn't going to be in the League this time. Can you please edit that into the Op for me Siriel?

I've edited him out and confirmed Cthulhu.

Dalak
04-30-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm here and still in. As it is I need to find and make another McNinja icon since all my pre-mades went down with my PC.

Bobisbeast
04-30-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm back and ready for action.

Tami
04-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Keep checking back here. As soon as we have things fixed we can get going. Still waiting on a few potential players to report in. I'll start working on the arenas tomorrow.

Josh
04-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I tried this a few time before when I was Josh m, but my life was, well not in a good place at the time. However, I think I can commit to this no ,I just need a partner. I mean, assuming new people are allowed (which I am)

Cleric of Hell's Brigade
04-30-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm still me, and I'm still in. :)

Dalak
04-30-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm still me, and I'm still in. :)

Awesome, currently it looks like we'll be facing off Week 1 and I'm looking forward to it.

Tami
05-01-2014, 12:35 AM
I tried this a few time before when I was Josh m, but my life was, well not in a good place at the time. However, I think I can commit to this no ,I just need a partner. I mean, assuming new people are allowed (which I am)

Normally I wouldn't have a problem, but it is very late in the game and past the registration date. If someone who is already signed up is looking for a partner, then that is fine by me. Otherwise you might have to wait for the next tournament. Ask around and let us know if you find a partner. If so, your in.

Darth Drizzle
05-01-2014, 07:10 AM
I'm still here and in it.

Tami
05-01-2014, 07:23 AM
The tentative date for the Draft is May 11th. That gives us an extra week to do whatever needs to be done, including fix the Arena list, which I'll start working on today. I've heard back from everyone except Estrecca, I think.

Josh
05-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Normally I wouldn't have a problem, but it is very late in the game and past the registration date. If someone who is already signed up is looking for a partner, then that is fine by me. Otherwise you might have to wait for the next tournament. Ask around and let us know if you find a partner. If so, your in.

That's cool with me.

Cleric of Hell's Brigade
05-01-2014, 08:30 AM
The tentative date for the Draft is May 11th. That gives us an extra week to do whatever needs to be done, including fix the Arena list, which I'll start working on today. I've heard back from everyone except Estrecca, I think.

Hmm, I would be out part of the day, but that sounds good to me.

Holacik
05-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Uh, the 11th is Mother's day and I have work.

The MunchKING
05-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Long Pre-draft then?

Tami
05-01-2014, 08:56 AM
Uh, the 11th is Mother's day and I have work.

Oh, yeah, right. Forgot. Okay, anyone have suggestions? The 10th? The 12th?

Cleric of Hell's Brigade
05-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Oh, yeah, right. Forgot. Okay, anyone have suggestions? The 10th? The 12th?

12th would work for me, but Monday is a work day, so.........

I'm good for whatever. So long as I have a time, I can use my phone to check in and make my picks if I am not at home.

Tami
05-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Long Pre-draft then?

May end up going that route.

The MunchKING
05-01-2014, 09:05 AM
I would suggest that is best

Holacik
05-01-2014, 09:09 AM
May end up going that route.

I like that idea myself.

The MunchKING
05-01-2014, 12:01 PM
I linked to here on the DK thread so we should see any straggles come staggering in.

Tami
05-01-2014, 06:37 PM
In consideration of Dalak, I'm holding off on making a date for the draft until I hear from him (or the equivalent).

KJS
05-02-2014, 04:27 AM
If you guys do a pre-draft, I'll make a point of checking the site on an hourly basis - at least - so there's no long waiting for me.

Tami
05-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Still working out details, but the Pre-draft will start sometime on Saturday, May 10th and run through the weekend. The final Sprint Draft, if needed, will be sometime on Monday May 12th. The League its' self will then start, tentatively, on Monday May 17th. Hopefully by then all teams will be finished and all the kinks will be worked out.

I still have to finish the arenas, will have them ready by the 10th.

Tami
05-03-2014, 07:16 AM
We will proceed here as planned, and hope everything works out. Pre-draft will begin Sat. May 10th (time still to be determined). I will have the details available before then.

Correction: Date may have to be pushed back a week to insure everyone is available for it. Will post dates when I am more certain about it.

Tami
05-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Things has changed, again. Will have to postpone this until at least the 17th. Will keep everyone posted as I learn more about the situation.

Tami
05-06-2014, 02:58 PM
So that I can start planning this, I need a final roll call. All those still in, say Aye! Then I can start planning for the draft and the League matches. The Draft will be in POre-Dreaft style and cover the weekend of the 17th and 18th, give or take a day depending on how fast it goes.

Holacik
05-06-2014, 05:18 PM
So that I can start planning this, I need a final roll call. All those still in, say Aye! Then I can start planning for the draft and the League matches. The Draft will be in POre-Dreaft style and cover the weekend of the 17th and 18th, give or take a day depending on how fast it goes.

Aye!

10 characters yo.

Bobisbeast
05-06-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm still in as well

Siriel
05-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Present, I suppose.

Darth Drizzle
05-07-2014, 07:19 AM
I. Or Aye. Either way i'm in.

Tami
05-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Maybe I should have rephrased this. Is anyone who signed up for this not going to be able t0 participate come May 17th? Also, is there anyone who hasn't signed up for this interested in it?

Currently

Tami (Confirmed.)
Lamela (Confirmed, now Korrdorr the Rumbler.)
Cleric of Hell's Brigade (Confirmed.)
Estrecca (Confirmed.)
Darth Drizzle (Confirmed.)
The MunchKING (Confirmed.)
Bobisbeast/Holacik (Confirmed both.)
Cthulhu_of_R'yleh (Confirmed.)
Siriel (Confirmed.)
Dalak (Confirmed)

Fervidor
05-08-2014, 08:04 AM
Dammit, I leave for a little while and the whole place gets nuked again? oO

Also, someone stole my name. I will have vengeance!

Holacik
05-08-2014, 08:45 AM

Yeah, I saw that. I don't think the poster did it claim he was you or anything..

Tami
05-08-2014, 09:13 AM

I thought that was an imposter using your name.

Tami
05-08-2014, 09:17 AM

Maybe you should have gone with something like The Real Ghost. Anyway, welcome back. Only we really shouldn't be using this thread for non-league discussions.

Fervidor
05-08-2014, 10:53 AM
I thought that was an imposter using your name.

I told him to let me know if he ever decide to change it. Though, the more I learn about what happened here, the more I'm starting to think he can keep it. I was already spending less and less time on this board, and coming back to this doesn't really make me feel more enthusiastic.

And, after all, CBR should always have a Ghost. Maybe it's time I pass my mantle over to someone younger?

Only we really shouldn't be using this thread for non-league discussions.

Yeah, sorry. I actually mistook it for Downtown.

Dalak
05-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Well I'm still in, so back to League Talk the thread goes.

Tami
05-08-2014, 02:50 PM
I'd actually consider adding anyone new who is interested in playing this time around, up until a week from today. As long as we have between 10 and 12 teams we are good to go.

For Reference: Rumbler's League Wiki (http://rumblers-league.wikispaces.com/home)

I will redo the Match Order before the Draft begins.

Josh
05-08-2014, 06:08 PM
I'd be more then willing to join. I just need a partner. Since my working times our different week to week.

Tami
05-08-2014, 06:25 PM
I'd be more then willing to join. I just need a partner. Since my working times our different week to week.

Let me know if/when you are able to find one.

KJS
05-09-2014, 01:21 AM
Yes, in, still.

Tami
05-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Reminder, the League Draft begins Saturday May 17th at 12:00 Noon, EST. This is in Modified Pre-Draft style. Each Player gets up to 1 hour to make their two Choices, then the next person on the list has a turn. This will continue through the weekend up until Monday. If there are still Players who haven't used up all 120 points by Monday, we will have a Speed Draft Round then.

Anyone who won't be able to do the Draft, let me know and we can work something out.

Tami
05-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Advanced Notice of Draft Order

Korrdorr the Rumbler
Cthulhu_of_R'yleh
Darth Drizzle
The MunchKING
Cleric of Hell's Brigade
Estrecca
Tami
Siriel
Bobisbeast/Holacik
Dalak

Josh
05-14-2014, 06:21 PM
I'd like to join, but I can't find partner. If any of you need/ and or wouldn't mind a partner, that be cool, but I just to want burden people. So yeah.

KJS
05-15-2014, 05:31 AM

Korrdorr the Rumbler
Cthulhu_of_R'yleh
Darth Drizzle
The MunchKING
Cleric of Hell's Brigade
Estrecca
Tami
Siriel
Bobisbeast/Holacik
Dalak

First huh? Cool. And it's still 2 picks at a time? In this thread or a designated draft thread?

Edit: When it gets to Dalak and back to me for my second set of picks, do we get four picks?

Holacik
05-15-2014, 07:00 AM
First huh? Cool. And it's still 2 picks at a time? In this thread or a designated draft thread?Designated thread is usually how we do it.

Edit: When it gets to Dalak and back to me for my second set of picks, do we get four picks?
Yup.

Tami
05-15-2014, 07:55 AM
Designated thread is usually how we do it.

Yup.

I'll write up a guide on the OP of the Draft thread as well so that there is no confusion. Though I'll be giving everyone a great amount of time, the faster we get through this the better. If anyone has concerns, problems or other questions now is the time to ask. Draft starts in about 2 days, be ready.

Darth Drizzle
05-16-2014, 08:31 AM
I think 3rd is the highest position i've ever had. Good start for me!

Siriel
05-16-2014, 12:06 PM
I'm always near but never actually at the end.-_-

Dalak
05-16-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm just hoping that my 2 main picks aren't taken, however I'm thinking at least 1 will be snagged before I get my shot.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Well crappy.

I've got a thing tomorrow, would it be alright if I pm'ed you my main list and the back up, Tami, just in case I'm unable to post picks on my phone?

Tami
05-16-2014, 04:59 PM
Reminders to everyone:

1. Double check your list to make sure you have the numbers correct
2. I may post the thread early, don't start until I say go to keep things organized
3. We won't be choosing Arenas during the draft, I won't have them ready in time. We will get a chance to do that before the actual tournament begins.
4. Once everyone has chosen, I will make a thread for posting teams. You will have until the day before the start of the Tournament to do your write ups.
5. The Tournament will start Monday, May 26 (Memorial Day, U.S.).
6. Good luck, everyone. :)

Siriel
05-16-2014, 06:07 PM
But at what time does it actually start?

Tami
05-16-2014, 06:09 PM
But at what time does it actually start?

12 Noon EST - I thought I already mentioned that?

Siriel
05-16-2014, 06:11 PM
I might have been a little neglectful in keeping updated.

Tami
05-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Just look for the Draft Thread Tomorrow, I'll write everything up as clear as I can for the benefit of the new players.

The MunchKING
05-16-2014, 07:07 PM

Korrdorr the Rumbler
Cthulhu_of_R'yleh
Darth Drizzle
The MunchKING
Cleric of Hell's Brigade
Estrecca
Tami
Siriel
Bobisbeast/Holacik
Dalak

4? That's not a half bad position.

And you said we were picking two things per draft turn right?

Tami
05-16-2014, 07:18 PM
4? That's not a half bad position.

And you said we were picking two things per draft turn right?

Yes. Standard rules, except extended to one hour to start with. I figure eventually I'll cut that time down to 1/2 hour, then down to 15 minutes as the weekend progresses.

Cleric of Hell's Brigade
05-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Balls. In the middle, but I will be busy during the Draft. Hmm, I'll see what I can do about cell phoning my picks in. If I happen to miss a turn, I apologize ahead of time.

Tami
05-17-2014, 05:54 AM
If enough players are online and are good with it, I might start this an hour earlier than I originally planned.

KJS
05-17-2014, 06:19 AM
If enough players are online and are good with it, I might start this an hour earlier than I originally planned.

Given that I'm going first, and given my plans today, that would be good. The earlier the better really.

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 06:27 AM
Me am around now.

Cleric of Hell's Brigade
05-17-2014, 06:34 AM
I am here for the moment as well.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 07:01 AM
I am here for the moment as well.

Red 5, Standing by!

Tami
05-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Alright. I'll have the draft thread up in about a half hour.

Darth Drizzle
05-17-2014, 09:30 AM
I thought 12 EST was 9 am Pacific time? Oh well missed out on a good starting positionn

Tami
05-17-2014, 09:36 AM
I thought 12 EST was 9 am Pacific time? Oh well missed out on a good starting positionn

Sorry about that. I was asked to start an hour early. If Munch hasn't posted yet I'll make a one time exception and let you make your choices.

Darth Drizzle
05-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Thanks Tami. Made choices in post.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Copycats are unsightly, Tami.:P

Edit: Oh wait, that's Cthulhu. I apologize.

Copycats are unsightly, Cthulhu.:P

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 10:14 AM

*raises eyebrow*

Huh? I don't get it.

Tami
05-17-2014, 10:16 AM
*raises eyebrow*

Huh? I don't get it.

Imp was a Siriel standard, and the Ivory Idol a Cleric Standard. Cthulhu 'Copied' their style. But hey, if it works fro them..... ;)

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 10:18 AM
Imp was a Siriel standard, and the Ivory Idol a Cleric Standard. Cthulhu 'Copied' their style. But hey, if it works fro them..... ;)

Oh, I was looking for something in this thread. My bad.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 10:19 AM

It was a great idea, man :P

That said, I wasnt even thinking of your old team when put mine together, so it's more of a "great minds think alike" situation :P

Siriel
05-17-2014, 10:20 AM

Imp+Idol was my carry combo last season.

Tami
05-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Imp+Idol was my carry combo last season.

Oh, yeah I forgot about that.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 10:33 AM
Magneto made it to me.

This has never happened in the history of the League.

My happiness cannot be contained. My silly team plan can finally work!

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Magneto made it to me.

This has never happened in the history of the League.

My happiness cannot be contained. My silly team plan can finally work!

Even if comic Magneto hadn't, there's like 3 others now aren't there?

Siriel
05-17-2014, 10:37 AM
They're not as strong. And aren't the Master of Magnets.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 10:40 AM
They're not as strong. And aren't the Master of Magnets.

Fair enough.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 11:04 AM
I find it hilarious that the two-men team is making us wait.

But man, one hour is looong.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 11:07 AM
You should do what I do. Just go respond to EVERY post on the chat thread until someone PMs you that it's your turn. :P

Tami
05-17-2014, 11:19 AM
By my watch, about another 10-15 minutes. Then we move onto the next person.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Then after Dalak (if he's here) we get right back to them.:D

Tami
05-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Then after Dalak (if he's here) we get right back to them.:D

Lets' hope Dalak shows up at least.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 11:33 AM
You want fast you wait for the real draft. :p

Cleric of Hell's Brigade
05-17-2014, 11:46 AM
You're welcome, Siriel. Magneto could of been mine again.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 11:49 AM
I was expecting it to be. Had my fingers crossed.

Magneto kind of screwed over my team plan if anyone else got him.

Tami
05-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Since I did it for Darth, if either of the duo show up before Dalak I'll let them post first. Otherwise, I'm keeping this on schedule.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Sorry guys, put I think my cat has been hired by someone here to try and sabotage me. He not only knocked my cell phone alarm off my nightstand, but he knocked something over it that muffled the sound.

I'm be watching . . . . :P

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Ha. Someone should by the other Potara earing just to stop bob. :D

Siriel
05-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Operation Robot Team is a go!

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Sons of monkeys!! Both what I wanted and my backup are gone.

Guess that's 8 extra points I've got I can spend now.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Sons of monkeys!! Both what I wanted and my backup are gone.

Guess that's 8 extra points I've got I can spend now.

Sweet, that's 8 more 1pt Characters you can draft!

Seriously though, I hope I didn't take one.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Sweet, that's 8 more 1pt Characters you can draft!

Seriously though, I hope I didn't take one.

Nah it was the Robot Adamantium, and my back up involved me shuffling some points to get the Kryptochip.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Don't touch my robot upgrades. They're mine!

Tami
05-17-2014, 12:50 PM

Mine I tell you! All Mine! *Evil Laugh* :D

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 12:50 PM
DOn't blame ME! Kordorr ganked the Kryptochip.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 12:51 PM

Ahhh, well I've got the main parts I need for "Assisted Living Doom" so you can have them. I had my Robot fun before and I've moved on.

Should Tom Servo still be a 5 now that he can't reset time?

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Mine I tell you! All Mine! *Evil Laugh* :D

You're about to karate kick Siriel out of the picture aren't you? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQpr53uxZ8)

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Ahhh, well I've got the main parts I need for "Assisted Living Doom" so you can have them. I had my Robot fun before and I've moved on.

Should Tom Servo still be a 5 now that he can't reset time?

Did they depower him, or is it just because of the time travel rules?

Tami
05-17-2014, 12:55 PM
You're about to karate kick Siriel out of the picture aren't you? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQpr53uxZ8)

LOL Nah, I wouldn't do that to Siriel, at least not until the tournament starts. ;)

Tami
05-17-2014, 12:56 PM

Time travel rules negate powers that conflict with that.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 12:56 PM
We could have ourselves a good ol' fashioned feud over the remaining robot parts!!

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 12:57 PM

Wait we actually killed off timetravel? I thought it was just an alt-timeline thing, so Timetravel was still useful as a D-dump.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 12:59 PM
We could have ourselves a good ol' fashioned feud over the remaining robot parts!!

Most of my buys have never even been drafted before, so that would be weird.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 01:02 PM

Wait we actually killed off timetravel? I thought it was just an alt-timeline thing, so Timetravel was still useful as a D-dump.

Pretty much this. Unlike most time-tricks his was just to 'reset', which isn't useful anymore.

He still self-replicates like mad, teleports around, has debatable durability, and explosives inside every duplicate . . . but without Time tricks he has become less fun.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 01:04 PM

I almost wish Sharkerbob's Zero Metal was still on the list, it would have led to a completely different team in my case.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 01:07 PM

That worries me, most of my stuff hasn't been drafted before either.

I almost wish Sharkerbob's Zero Metal was still on the list, it would have led to a completely different team in my case.

That stuff was worrying.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 01:11 PM
That worries me, most of my stuff hasn't been drafted before either.

Pretty much all my other buys are for robots, so unless you're also going for that we should be in the clear.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 01:13 PM
Pretty much all my other buys are for robots, so unless you're also going for that we should be in the clear.

Dang it.

*bumps several of his purchases up in priority.*

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 02:18 PM

I bumped Rush for you. So I'm going to be a little annoyed if I lose out on something else because of it. :p

Siriel
05-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Ha! Trying to sabotage my team, and then blaming me when you sabotage yourself in the process?

Siriel
05-17-2014, 02:21 PM
Tami, if you have the time could you edit your opening post with what people have picked? Would make it easier to know if something has already been drafted.

Tami
05-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Tami, if you have the time could you edit your opening post with what people have picked? Would make it easier to know if something has already been drafted.

Can't do it from my tablet. As soon as I can get back to my PC I'll do it. Taking care of family right now.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Ha! Trying to sabotage my team, and then blaming me when you sabotage yourself in the process?

Oh I'm not trying to sabotage you, so much as making sure I get who I wanted. If I was going to sabotage someone I would have grabbed the Potara.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Can't do it from my tablet. As soon as I can get back to my PC I'll do it. Taking care of family right now.

Fair enough. :D

Tami
05-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Done, now back to Family Matters

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Done, now back to Family Matters

I never did watch that show.

Tami
05-17-2014, 02:40 PM
I never did watch that show.

Yeah, well my life is no Sitcom....well, actually sometimes it is. :p

Darth Drizzle
05-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Thought I used remember me when I signed in. I will be here for a while and will pick faster.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Posted my picks, Tami. Should be good for the next round or two.

Tami
05-17-2014, 02:46 PM
I have to do a Shopping run. Should be back in a hour, but I will keep an eye on things via my smart phone. Keep going, when I get back I'll update everything. Thanks everyone. :)

Siriel
05-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Look at Cthulhu stealing all my old tricks.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 03:01 PM
So if he wins you can claim it's your team that won, Cuthulu was just running it. :D

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Look at Cthulhu stealing all my old tricks.

.. .. What?

Siriel
05-17-2014, 03:03 PM
The Red Sword, after Imp and the Icon? You're just remaking one of my characters of the last League!

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 03:06 PM
*waits patently for Darth to pick*

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 03:08 PM
The Red Sword, after Imp and the Icon? You're just remaking one of my characters of the last League!

To be perfectly honest, I did remember the Imp/Icon thing, after you mentioned it. But the Red Sword thing is completely an unintentional thing.

Basically.. After creating my core team, I needed to blow like... 60 points, and just started scrolling through items in the store.

I haven't picked up the rest of my core, though, I'm just grabbing what I felt would be picked by someone else of I didn't grab them NOW.

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Back from dinner. What did I miss?

Siriel
05-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Cthulhu recreating my Bedlam.

Not much otherwise.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Cthulhu recreating my Bedlam.

Not much otherwise.

And I'm a little short on planet-busting nukes right now...

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 03:22 PM
[B]Cthulhu recreating my Bedlam.

Not much otherwise.

And even then, not really.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 03:25 PM
I'll believe that when you give the Red Sword and the Icon to another character.:P

Dalak
05-17-2014, 03:25 PM
The Darkhold and Darkhold Contract are two separate items. One is a book, the other a magical contract that gives the spells inside the book.

YOu know, I've always wondered why they are so varied in price: If you made the deal with the Book, then removing it from their posession shouldn't take away their power since it's a separate thing.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 03:28 PM
YOu know, I've always wondered why they are so varied in price: If you made the deal with the Book, then removing it from their posession shouldn't take away their power since it's a separate thing.

Go! Buy! :D

KJS
05-17-2014, 03:31 PM

Because when you get the book you don't get the deal? You have to read from it to make anything happen.

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 03:32 PM

That would be because in addition to the spells contained within the book, the Darkhold Contract also includes Chthon providing raw magic power of a magnitude that makes Strange get serious.

Also, the soul removal thing, which can be situationally advantageous.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 03:41 PM
I'll believe that when you give the Red Sword and the Icon to another character.:P

Prepare to be largely disappointed! :P

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Anybody else vaguely concerned about the mind-boggling amount of energy manipulation power that Darth is stockpiling?

Dalak
05-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Because when you get the book you don't get the deal? You have to read from it to make anything happen.

That would be because in addition to the spells contained within the book, the Darkhold Contract also includes Chthon providing raw magic power of a magnitude that makes Strange get serious.

Also, the soul removal thing, which can be situationally advantageous.

When I read the Mordred link (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/modredmystic.htm) from the Darkhold's profile, the Book instantly affected Mordred and started the bargain when he walked in the room with it. Assuming the target doesn't mind giving up their soul, I don't see what the issue is.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Anybody else vaguely concerned about the mind-boggling amount of energy manipulation power that Darth is stockpiling?

I'm sure he only has the best of intentions in mind.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 03:54 PM

Nope. Power means nothing without a mind and/or body, to use it.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Nope. Power means nothing without a mind and/or body, to use it.

I think that's what Maxima is for.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 04:02 PM
I think that's what Maxima is for.

Need more gun.

KJS
05-17-2014, 04:04 PM
When I read the Mordred link (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/modredmystic.htm) from the Darkhold's profile, the Book instantly affected Mordred and started the bargain when he walked in the room with it. Assuming the target doesn't mind giving up their soul, I don't see what the issue is.

The issue, as I see it, is that if it was meant to be sold from the store like that, it wouldn't be a 6 (being able to cast the Crimson Bands instantly, on their own, would warrant a higher value than that, surely) - and the contract wouldn't be a completely different item.

Moreover, the Darkhold has been in the possession of numerous characters over the years. 99% of the time it hasn't done what it did to Modred to any of them. In other words, the consistent showings of the Darkhold mean that doesn't happen.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Need more gun.

Ad if that don't work? Use MORE gun. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipYkuCZ2IYI)

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 04:08 PM
Perhaps most importantly, Modred is active in the 20th century because it took his body well over a thousand years to get used to the magic power that Chthon pumped into him.

Trying to replicate the deal the way Modred did during a match, while conceivably possible, is a grand way of effectively removing a character from the fight.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 04:09 PM
The issue, as I see it, is that if it was meant to be sold from the store like that, it wouldn't be a 6 - and the contract wouldn't be a completely different item.

Moreover, the Darkhold has been in the possession of numerous characters over the years. 99% of the time it hasn't done what it did to Modred to any of them. In other words, the consistent showings of the Darkhold mean that doesn't happen.

If that was the case then there would be no point in stating it can be used by those without Magic by showing 2 links of someone making a deal. It would be far less than a 6 if it gave Non-Magic users magic only if they had to make a deal each battle.

Tami
05-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Back and caught up on the updates.

KJS
05-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Perhaps most importantly, Modred is active in the 20th century because it took his body well over a thousand years to get used to the magic power that Chthon pumped into him.

Trying to replicate the deal the way Modred did during a match, while conceivably possible, is a grand way of effectively removing a character from the fight.

Yeah. And there's that.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 04:34 PM

So if given to a character with no innate magic in order to give them magic, they would not be allowed to get said power until a deal is made during a match?

Forgive me if I am coming across as argumentative, but I don't understand how that could be the case when characters who get mechanical/chemical/other magical boosts (via Item) that don't take place instantly nonetheless get their effects, as well as the ability to do things like merge items before a match.

KJS
05-17-2014, 04:36 PM
Out of interest, it's half past midnight here, I'm unlikely to be awake when it gets back to me on the draft thread.

I'd rather not miss my turn, but we obviously all have to sleep. Is there going to be like a draft pause when it gets to the point that the rest of you have to sleep (which I imagine will be in 5 or so hours time)?

KJS
05-17-2014, 04:38 PM
So if given to a character with no innate magic in order to give them magic, they would not be allowed to get said power until a deal is made during a match?

Forgive me if I am coming across as argumentative, but I don't understand how that could be the case when characters who get mechanical/chemical/other magical boosts (via Item) that don't take place instantly nonetheless get their effects, as well as the ability to do things like merge items before a match.

I'd go back to the point I already made - the fact that 99% of the time, the Darkhold doesn't actually give the holder the deal. Consistent showings and all that. That was a one-off, and therefore it's the reason the contract itself is a completely separate item (and, obviously, a more expensive one).

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 04:39 PM

For a non magical person, the Darkhold is essentially an evil genie lamp, because the character has to ask the Other to do the magic for him.

It is potent stuff and even in a League format it is not useless if you can give the non-magical time to do the bargaining, but it is the wrong item for giving a non-magical character magic powers.

If that was what you were looking for, the Dragon Ring or the Hellpact would have been better.

Tami
05-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Out of interest, it's half past midnight here, I'm unlikely to be awake when it gets back to me on the draft thread.

I'd rather not miss my turn, but we obviously all have to sleep. Is there going to be like a draft pause when it gets to the point that the rest of you have to sleep (which I imagine will be in 5 or so hours time)?

When we get back to you, I'll pause the Draft. By that time everyone will be tired. We can restart with you tomorrow morning.

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Fair warning, Cleric and Darth have poked big holes in my preliminary plans and I am currently attempting to rebuild something decent.

This might take a few moments.

KJS
05-17-2014, 04:44 PM
When we get back to you, I'll pause the Draft. By that time everyone will be tired. We can restart with you tomorrow morning.

Cool, thank you.

KJS
05-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Fair warning, Cleric and Darth have poked big holes in my preliminary plans and I am currently attempting to rebuild something decent.

Darth and Siriel have both done the same to me.

Tami
05-17-2014, 04:47 PM

You still have an hour from Last Pick. That should give you plenty of time.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 04:55 PM
For a non magical person, the Darkhold is essentially an evil genie lamp, because the character has to ask the Other to do the magic for him.

It is potent stuff and even in a League format it is not useless if you can give the non-magical time to do the bargaining, but it is the wrong item for giving a non-magical character magic powers.

If that was what you were looking for, the Dragon Ring or the Hellpact would have been better.

Wasn't quite my plan, but they are changed a bit. I thought it was a Power Boost & Knowledge Boost on it's own, not just a Knowledge Boost considering it's price and the fact that it gave magic to the non-magical.

So would I be wrong to think that it would work when used by someone with Magic as a new Spellbook would be to a D&D Wizard (Pre-Match Study in order to memorize their spells instead of Reading during the Fight) with the option of taking match time to make a Deal? If not then it forces you to study spells during the match and there is no reason at all for it to be a 6.

I ask these questions because I got screwed over by a Book (Treknobabble) and item-use rules long ago and looking for clarification now is better than after losing due to a misunderstanding.

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Wasn't quite my plan, but they are changed a bit. I thought it was a Power Boost & Knowledge Boost on it's own, not just a Knowledge Boost considering it's price and the fact that it gave magic to the non-magical.

For Power + Knowledge... There are a few, but the one that comes immediately to mind would be Merlin's Book of Eternity.

http://rumblers-league.wikispaces.com/Eternity+Book

So would I be wrong to think that it would work when used by someone with Magic as a new Spellbook would be to a D&D Wizard (Pre-Match Study in order to memorize their spells instead of Reading during the Fight) with the option of taking match time to make a Deal? If not then it forces you to study spells during the match and there is no reason at all for it to be a 6.

Spellbook treatment is what we have gone with in the past, as far as my memory recalls.

Besides, those with magical potential don't have to bargain with the Other, even when untrained. They can force the book to do the magic they want, although with their own natural power level (as opposed to Modred's near-Strange power level). There is great risk to one's soul, but it can be bruteforced.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 05:08 PM

Just don't pick anything I would want and your team will probably be a lot better for it.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 05:25 PM
For Power + Knowledge... There are a few, but the one that comes immediately to mind would be Merlin's Book of Eternity.

http://rumblers-league.wikispaces.com/Eternity+Book

Thanks for the tip :)

Spellbook treatment is what we have gone with in the past, as far as my memory recalls.

Besides, those with magical potential don't have to bargain with the Other, even when untrained. They can force the book to do the magic they want, although with their own natural power level (as opposed to Modred's near-Strange power level). There is great risk to one's soul, but it can be bruteforced.

Yeah well both the folks I have in mind have hard-to-gauge magic levels, as you'll see when I draft them. Still neither are weak, just hard to set up against folks from Marvel/DC and figure out where they stack up. I was hoping the Darkhold would be able to make that easier.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm still confused as to why we named it "Hollow Symbiote" instead of just "The Hollow".

Tami
05-17-2014, 05:45 PM
I'm still confused as to why we named it "Hollow Symbiote" instead of just "The Hollow".

No idea. Interesting question.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 05:56 PM

Maybe you can't have a character possess another character the way you can have an item do it? The Hollow sounds more like a character than an item and it could cause issues.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Not really, there's only one thing called the Hollow in Charmed and it's a magical force.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Not really, there's only one thing called the Hollow in Charmed and it's a magical force.

Well then I'm out of ideas, and the Mystery continues :D

Damn these smileys suck . . .

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 06:41 PM
And now for the next hour...

Idle question: In my next turn, can I pick the items I missed on picking during dinner? I am guessing that the answer is no, but I reckon that there is no harm in asking.

Holacik
05-17-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm on now, can I make a pick or are we out a pick?

Tami
05-17-2014, 06:47 PM
And now for the next hour...

Idle question: In my next turn, can I pick the items I missed on picking during dinner? I am guessing that the answer is no, but I reckon that there is no harm in asking.

I don't understand the question. On your next turn you can pick anything that hasn't already been chosen.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Well, it's currently your turn so you can definitely pick at least two. No idea beyond that.

Tami
05-17-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm on now, can I make a pick or are we out a pick?

If no one else ahead of you has already, then make it and quick.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 06:49 PM
I don't understand the question. On your next turn you can pick anything that hasn't already been chosen.

Estrecca missed one of the turns, so the team is currently two items down. The question is "Can Estrecca draft fout items next turn?".

Estrecca

Essentially the same question as Holacik. Two picks as standard or four picks (standard + missed turn)?

Holacik

He missed a pick can he pick 4 items tom compensate is what he is asking.

Ninja'd By Siriel.

Holacik
05-17-2014, 06:54 PM
It's my pick, can I get two or four for the one pick I missed?

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 06:59 PM
traditionally, you missed it, it stays missed.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 07:00 PM

I'll bring up the practical answer of "It's too late in the game to change it now."

Tami
05-17-2014, 07:01 PM
traditionally, you missed it, it stays missed.

I agree with Munch, sorry guys, if you missed a turn, you can't double up.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 07:02 PM
I'll bring up the practical answer of "It's too late in the game to change it now."

I was just wondering how it happened in the first place. The name doesn't *really* matter.

Holacik
05-17-2014, 07:07 PM

Are we running that way all night?

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 07:08 PM

*phew* Maybe my picks are safe.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 07:09 PM
I was just wondering how it happened in the first place. The name doesn't *really* matter.

Oh well then "it was like that before I got here".

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 07:09 PM

I think she said once we got back to the top she'd pause it until tomorrow.

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 07:10 PM

I think that the idea is to stop when it gets back to the top of the list. If I am right (but I am not sure), you don't have to stick around for the rest of today's proceedings.

Holacik
05-17-2014, 07:12 PM
I think that the idea is to stop when it gets back to the top of the list. If I am right (but I am not sure), you don't have to stick around for the rest of today's proceedings.

Well, I want to see what gets picked. Give me more time to figure out replacements. So far all top six picks are intact.

Tami
05-17-2014, 07:19 PM
I don't think it would be fair to let it run when most Players are asleep. So Chuthlu will be the last Pick for the night. In the morning we will start up again with Korrdorr. In the morning I will also drop the time down to 1/2 hour.

Tami
05-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Siriel, it's your turn.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 07:26 PM
I was hesitating between two 10s for my last one, between the I'noxian Collective and Battleship Aquaelie.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 07:33 PM
I really like your team set up, Siriel.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 07:34 PM
So what is this I'Noxian Collective?? I googled it and all that came back were episode summaries and reviews for a certain comic, and they apparently more worried about the PLOT and the writing, then what the I'Noxian Collective actually DOES. Although one writer used the term "Omnipotence" for what she had. And apparently it vaporized her body to give her mind control of it??

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 07:35 PM
I don't think it would be fair to let it run when most Players are asleep. So Chuthlu will be the last Pick for the night. In the morning we will start up again with Korrdorr. In the morning I will also drop the time down to 1/2 hour.

Wait we're not going all the way back up?

*looks at the list*

Oh Cuthulu is second, so that's OK then. :D

Siriel
05-17-2014, 07:36 PM
I really like your team set up, Siriel.

I needed to get Magneto because he kinds of rip apart my robot team.

But now there's currently no other team I'm really afraid of. Getting the Hollow is a huge advantage.

Alita is going to wreck people.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 07:39 PM

But now there's currently no other team I'm really afraid of. Getting the Hollow is a huge advantage.

If I'd had the Adamantium I would have had a legit shot at claiming Rush was Indestructible.

As it IS only a very narrow band of things can hurt him.

Of course what no one seems to realize is the awesomeness that is the water Crystal. Yet. :D

Dalak
05-17-2014, 07:41 PM

Well Cyborg Supes is involved, but that depends on where his Tech-control has topped out. Not sure if he's taken over things like Lantern AI's, Mother Boxes, and/or more advanced stuff.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 07:41 PM
So what is this I'Noxian Collective?? I googled it and all that came back were episode summaries and reviews for a certain comic, and they apparently more worried about the PLOT and the writing, then what the I'Noxian Collective actually DOES. Although one writer used the term "Omnipotence" for what she had. And apparently it vaporized her body to give her mind control of it??

Swarm of nanomachines vast enough to cover a planet, with enough mass to be compared to celestial bodies. (Alternating comparisons with stars and moons.)

It can condense to the point that a building formed out of the nanomachines could make a weakened Supergirl struggle to lift it, and it can create human-sized bodies that fly, have superstrength and durability enough to likewise give some trouble to the aforementioned weakened Supergirl.

It doesn't necessarily require ripping apart the owner's body, that's just what Cyborg Superman did to Supergirl. (Since he intended to use her kryptonian genetic materials to recreate his own organic body.)

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 07:42 PM

A few recent picks blew apart my core set up .. But that's okay.

With hope you'll end up fearing me; and I won't need to rely on IMPBEDLAMTIMESHENANNIGANS! Because one, that's been used before, and two, that's been used before.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Well Cyborg Supes is involved, but that depends on where his Tech-control has topped out. Not sure if he's taken over things like Lantern AI's, Mother Boxes, and/or more advanced stuff.

Basically everything in my team has technological control/hacking abilities, hence the not being overly worried about that.

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 07:44 PM

He managed to hide (possibly control?) an Alpha Lantern, took control of a section of the Source Wall and managed to hide inside of a Mother Box. Though he is not quite as insane in recent years, his old school feats were serious shit.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 07:45 PM
With hope you'll end up fearing me; and I won't need to rely on IMPBEDLAMTIMESHENANNIGANS! Because one, that's been used before, and two, that's been used before.

That doesn't work against my team.:P

Well okay.

It doesn't work against some of my team.

Holacik
05-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Don't worry Siriel, me and Bob have a few tricks up our sleeve.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 07:47 PM
It can condense to the point that a building formed out of the nanomachines could make a weakened Supergirl struggle to lift it, and it can create human-sized bodies that fly, have superstrength and durability enough to likewise give some trouble to the aforementioned weakened Supergirl.

Huh... so it's just a Superman-lite generator? Or can it build other things that will screw with everything in a more esoteric fashion?

Siriel
05-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Don't worry Siriel, me and Bob have a few tricks up our sleeve.

Well that's one thing you have over me.

My teams never have tricks. Just silly combos of raw power.

Huh... so it's just a Superman-lite generator? Or can it build other things that will screw with everything in a more esoteric fashion?

It's a giant swarm of nanomachines. So, you know, whatever form the person in control wants it to take.

Estrecca
05-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Well, my job here is done.

Nighty night, everyone. This team is going to be a thing of beauty.

And I haven't even picked my tens yet.

Siriel
05-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Dammit the Doctor Manhattan maker.

I had taken note of it too, but forgot to draft it.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 07:55 PM
It's a giant swarm of nanomachines. So, you know, whatever form the person in control wants it to take.

*sigh* Alright. I'm sure this will be most unpleasant for me. :D

Tami
05-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Okay, todays' round is over. We will resume tomorrow around 11:00 EST. At that time we will go to 1/2 hour and start with Korrodor. I hope everyone got at least some of the things they wanted.

Dalak
05-17-2014, 08:45 PM
Basically everything in my team has technological control/hacking abilities, hence the not being overly worried about that.

He managed to hide (possibly control?) an Alpha Lantern, took control of a section of the Source Wall and managed to hide inside of a Mother Box. Though he is not quite as insane in recent years, his old school feats were serious shit.

Did he actually control the Mother Box? As for Source Wall I'd love to see that feat. Seems like he might be a bit tougher to handle than I thought, still the Mobius Chair > Mother Box especially when it is infused with Doom's mighty will.

Okay, todays' round is over. We will resume tomorrow around 11:00 EST. At that time we will go to 1/2 hour and start with Korrodor. I hope everyone got at least some of the things they wanted.

Just in case I have alarm problems again, I'll send my next pick your way. After that one I should be able to wait without worry of having my picks taken without having many alts available. I'm lucky to have gotten everything I hoped for despite the misleading description of the Darkhold.

Darth Drizzle
05-17-2014, 08:48 PM
I really needed that Dr Manhattan creator and Wonder Woman which caused a few alternative routes to be used but other than that not to bad for me this time around.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-17-2014, 08:49 PM
Have you guessed my them yet?

Siriel
05-17-2014, 08:53 PM
I hope everyone got at least some of the things they wanted.

Nobody actually took anything I was planning on grabbing early.

Just one of the things I hoped to get, but no big deal.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 08:54 PM
If I can get people to buy what I'm selling this team will be AMAZING. :D

IF I can't well, it'll all be a big joke. :(

Dalak
05-17-2014, 09:08 PM
If I can get people to buy what I'm selling this team will be AMAZING. :D

IF I can't well, it'll all be a big joke. :(

How is that different than usual? :P

Tami
05-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Have you guessed my them yet?

Sorry, no. Maybe I'm just too tired but I don't see it.

The MunchKING
05-17-2014, 09:20 PM
How is that different than usual? :P

Sometimes I go into it with the intent of being a big joke. :D

Dalak
05-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Sometimes I go into it with the intent of being a big joke. :D

Well I'm trying to make jokes for names for my folks, and it's hard to come up with 2 for my 6 man team.

Estrecca
05-18-2014, 04:48 AM
Gentlemen.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's all.

And no, I ain't giving any clues.

Tami
05-18-2014, 05:44 AM
I see people decided to start without me....heh, no problem. I actually don't mind starting early because it's a beautiful day outside and I'd hate to spend it all inside behind my PC.

Tami
05-18-2014, 05:51 AM
Since this is way earlier that I originally planned, we won't start doing it time limits until either Darth shows up or until it's at least 11 AM EST - he has two hours. I want to get this done quickly but I also want to be fair to everyone. Time zones and schedules are tricky things.

Also, I haven't had the time to check numbers (outside my own), so I trust everyone is keeping track of their own point numbers.

Tami
05-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Darth is online. As soon as he posts, we can get started again.

Darth Drizzle
05-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Just woke up but I'm here.

Tami
05-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Just woke up but I'm here.

You have a half hour. Get some coffee or tea and post when your ready.

Holacik
05-18-2014, 07:50 AM
Mind transfer with any fictional character (Futurama)(3)

Dr. Manhattan (Watchmen)(9)
Damn it Darth!

Darth Drizzle
05-18-2014, 07:54 AM
Ah yes. Waking up and ruining plans before breakfast. It will be a good day indeed.

Holacik
05-18-2014, 07:56 AM
Question, the mind switch is one of the items that can be picked multiple times (but still one per team) and Darth has to announce who he picked as they can't get picked again, correct?

Tami
05-18-2014, 07:56 AM
Ah yes. Waking up and ruining plans before breakfast. It will be a good day indeed.

Its' all chess. Best laid plans always have several contingencies.

Tami
05-18-2014, 07:59 AM
Question, the mind switch is one of the items that can be picked multiple times (but still one per team) and Darth has to announce who he picked as they can't get picked again, correct?

I actually don't know about that. Will have to look it up, unless someone more experienced in the RL than I knows the answer. But it would be considerate if DD announced who he was going to mind-switch with.

Darth Drizzle
05-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Its' all chess. Best laid plans always have several contingencies.

True, but Plan A is always better than Plans C-F.

Tami
05-18-2014, 08:01 AM

Estrecca, do you know the answer to this?

The MunchKING

Always fun. I wonder if KJS wanted the Zettabyte?

Holacik
I actually don't know about that. Will have to look it up, unless someone more experienced in the RL than I knows the answer. But it would be considerate if DD announced who he was going to mind-switch with.

That's how we ran it before, I wasn't sure if we changed the rules with the new regime.

The MunchKING
05-18-2014, 08:02 AM

If it says "Of choice", then traditionally yes.

The MunchKING
05-18-2014, 08:02 AM

That was how KJS ran it, it is of course up to you how we do it in the Brave New Rumbles League. :p