PDA

View Full Version : Adaptations for telltale

marvelguy25
02-05-2015, 05:37 PM
well we've seen what telltale can do with adapting episodic games like the walking dead, back to the future, wolf among us, and now borderlands and game of thrones. it's thanks to them we are now getting these episodic games like life is strange. so which adaptations do you want telltale games to handle? here are my lists:

untold tales of spider-man

magneto origins

wolverine origins

the book of doom

SAGA

Alias

Scream

Nightmare on Elm Street

Batman

Captain America WWII

Agent Venom

Sons of Anarchy

Punisher

Daredevil

Doctor Who

Transformers

so what games, shows, novels, comics, shows, and movies do you want to be adapted by telltale?

marvelguy25
02-09-2015, 09:18 AM
only 77 views and not one reply. i mean this is worth discussing.

jump
02-09-2015, 09:36 AM
50 Shades of Grey.

marvelguy25
02-09-2015, 09:44 AM
50 shades of grey feels more like a tv show and the title fits that as well. i agree with adapting that into the game

marveldot
02-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Give them the Spider-man character and let them do whatever they want, they have handled all their properties well so far. I would play that.

Derek Metaltron
02-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Doctor Who, because that episodic concept works perfect for it. Different adventures in the TARDIS for each episode - maybe even the option to choose where to go in the TARDIS - and the decisions you make to help people. The big question of course would be the plotline - which Doctor you have and if to have original companions or established ones, maybe even the chance to pick who you take in the ship. Or you could have something set in the world of Doctor Who - maybe River Song or Madame Vastra and her allies or UNIT with Kate Lethbridge-Stewart.

A Marvel or DC storyline would also be interesting, though given Wolf Among Us was Vertigo I imagine that DC is more likely. But imagine a Justice League or Teen Titans storyline where you play as a different hero in each episode, making tough decisions as you battle a range of legendary DC villains. Or something based on one of the Marvel or DC tv shows, from Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil and Agent Carter to Arrow, Flash or Gotham.

MikeP
02-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Considering how hard it is to make a decent Superman game, I wouldn't mind Telltale taking a shot at it. Sure, it would be all quicktime events, but I'd play it.

simbob4000
02-10-2015, 08:55 PM
It would be interesting to see them do one big retail game so the choices you make can actual effect things. Them doing a RPG would be nice, that way their video game could have real gameplay.

JCAll
02-11-2015, 01:12 PM
Considering how hard it is to make a decent Superman game, I wouldn't mind Telltale taking a shot at it. Sure, it would be all quicktime events, but I'd play it.

If Telltale went back to the same mentality they had with things like Monkey Island, I think a Superman game could work. Rather than collecting tons of inventory, the puzzles could all be solved with clever application of your massive powerset(use X-Ray vision on pants). Fights could play out like the battle with Charlie-Hotep in Sam&Max Season 3. The QTEs aren't clever and I wish they'd stop using them, but I guess you can't just have a goofy slap fight in their serious games. Luckily, goofy slap fights are what comic books are all about!

marvelguy25
02-18-2015, 11:08 AM
i somehow have a feeling marvel will make a telltale series involving SHIELD in the MCU

marvelguy25
02-24-2015, 04:24 PM
sad this isn't being talked about this much

simbob4000
03-02-2015, 07:00 PM
sad this isn't being talked about this much

What, the topic in general?

What do people like about Telltale games? They make adventure games without the puzzles of adventure game. You're given choices to make, but your choices don't actually change anything or matter. And the things in their video games that could be gameplay are just QTE; and they aren't even very good QTE, because just like the choices they also don't affect anything. I literally do not understand what people enjoy about Telltale games, I thought people hated QTE, but I guess not, because they make whole "games" of them. What is it, the illusion of choice? Is there still appeal once you see through it? Is it just because video games are so short on good narrative storytelling? But Telltale's stuff is barely a video game. There's so little game in their stuff that people may as well just watch a movie...which is a better medium for narrative storytelling anyways.

the illustrious mr. kenway
03-14-2015, 09:15 AM
Devil may cry or Dead or alive.