PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Smith Saves The Humans With "T端ki"

CBR News
05-19-2014, 12:58 PM
With his new webcomic well on its way, Jeff Smith talks about the journey of "T端ki," the digital age and "Bone's" status as a banned book.

Full article here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52906).

ExcelsiorPrime
05-19-2014, 01:08 PM
Let's see. I own Bone. I own RASL. Looks like I will be getting this too.

Groo Odyssey
05-19-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm so excited for this. I loved Bone and I immediately added Tuki to my pull list after seeing it solicited in my Previews catalog. I'm delighted that this will be in color, can't wait for this! Will be so epic.

Mikey_Marvel
05-20-2014, 01:33 AM
Bone is banned by the ALA? Seriously? That is one of the most all-age friendly comics I've ever read...

Love Smith and his work, will definitely be looking in to Tuki.

Darkhawk
05-20-2014, 04:43 AM
The banning thing is ridiculous, but Smith pretending not to remember sexual content is just absurd. Does no one else remember the highly provocative bathing scene? That alone made me think twice about showing it to younger kids...

Kiel Phegley
05-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Just to be clear, Bone has NOT been banned by the ALA. What happens is that several libraries across the country have had patrons challenge the book to get it taken out of circulation. That's happened often enough that Bone has landed on the list of books most often banned for the year, which the ALA compiles and releases as a way of raising awareness. So the ALA is totally cool. The people asking for it to be taken out of circulation on the other hand..

Groo Odyssey
05-20-2014, 08:52 PM
The banning thing is ridiculous, but Smith pretending not to remember sexual content is just absurd. Does no one else remember the highly provocative bathing scene? That alone made me think twice about showing it to younger kids...

Give me a break! Bone was the most charming graphic novel I have ever read. If you found anything in it that's highly 'provocative' then you have issues. If there's something we should ban, it's the damn puritans. Only in America would a cartoon bath scene deemed provocative.
I don't have children yet but would have absolutely no problems reading Bone with them when I do. In fact I plan to, it's a delightful children's graphic novel.