PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2014 Playoffs and Offseason

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Hiromi
04-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Well might as well get the first sports thread rolling

Bulls have gone fishing, thanks to giving up I believe 8 offensive rebounds in the fourth quarter, including two sequences in which they gave up at least 3 in a row, including the last sequence which came off missed free throws of all things and basically allowed the Wizards to ice the last minute of clock off.

Over the off season they HAVE to improve their scoring, and given that they need to amnesty Boozer whose one of the few people on their team who CAN score(but whose defense was so bad it kept him on the bench during the fourth quarter all season long, and the only reason he played last night was Taj Gibson getting hurt. And well that many offensive boards surrendered is critically telling). They can't just close their eyes and wish for Derrick Rose to magically fix it, number one Derrick Rose is officially injury prone until proven otherwise, there's absolutely no guarantee that he'll ever be the player he used to after spending the better part of three seasons on the bench due to knee injury, secondly, one player is not going to make a drastic difference on the NBA's last place offense.

Thunder choke again(and Crawford's stupid antics aside Kevin Durant has been choking at the free throw line all this series). If the Thunder go on to lose this series two things are probably going to happen. Number one GM Sam Presti's job is going to be seriously looked at, this team has stayed the same if not gotten worse over the last two seasons, they still haven't recovered from the Harden trade. Kevin Martin left(making that trade so ridiculously one sided it's comical), and what big name free agent pickup have they had since then? Caron Butler? Kendrick Perkins is the laughing stock of pretty much every advanced metric, and he's still taking up 8-9 million off the cap while being one of the few amnestiable players left in the league.
The second is Scott Brooks is officially on the hot seat. Russel Westbrook has not progressed as a Point Guard, the experiment has pretty much failed at this point. He needs to be in the two guard position with someone else trusted to carry the majority of decision making. The teams offensive game plan is awful, and Brooks does not draw up good plays(final possession of game 5 is proof of that), it's basically hand ball to Kevin Durant or Westbrook and pray. Basically the Thunder are more or less the pre Decision Cavs, carried by extraordinary talent, but woefully outmatched in roleplayers and coaching schemes.
And that brings us to a last point, the annalists need to hold Durant to the exact same standards they held Lebron. To be fair I'm starting to see signs of this.

Some early indicators seem to point to Sterling's forced Clippers sale vote as being unanimous whenever it happens, so it's good to see the owners willing to follow through.

gregyo
04-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Would like to know what the FUCK is going on with my Rockets. :(

Hiromi
04-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Raptors up by 20 in the third, Nets better start something soon otherwise they'll find themselves in the same shoes as the Pacers and just unable to score enough to have a chance.

Edit: Mike D'antoni has resigned as Lakers head coach, so that must have been what Stephen A. Smith was hinting at this morning.

Vibranium
04-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Mike D'Antoni has resigned as Lakers HC...per ESPN and Adam Schefter

jeez that dude knows everything

Hiromi
04-30-2014, 06:42 PM
Apparently it stemmed from the Lakers refusing to pick up his 4th year option.

I wonder who or if he gets another gig. I'd hope no, but he's a big name that might be enticing for certain franchises if nothing else.

Jabare
04-30-2014, 06:44 PM
San Antonio taking care of business

Hiromi
04-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Dallas still played that game surprisingly close, I could still see this series tipping either way.

Deathstroke
04-30-2014, 06:51 PM

Good move, D'Antoni was just not going to be successful with the Lakers.

kalorama
04-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Dallas still played that game surprisingly close, I could still see this series tipping either way.

Dirk is having the worst shooting postseason of his career and, even with that, the Mavs were in position to win games 1 and 4. If he'd shot the ball anywhere close to his normal efficiency rate, the Spurs would have gotten swept in 4.

emac1790
04-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Nets lose. Drake uses his lint brush on his jeans.

Hiromi
04-30-2014, 07:34 PM
That game was Joe Johnson's career in a nutshell, 4 points in the first half, 26 in the second half. Raptors tried to give that game away but managed to hold on with some huge shots.

emac1790
04-30-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Kobe is happy

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10864513/mike-dantoni-resigns-coach-los-angeles-lakers

Hiromi
04-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Houston and Portland is basically both teams taking turns at big scoring runs.

Jabare
04-30-2014, 07:53 PM
This has been a busy year in L.A. between the fall of the Lakers, the rise of the Clippers. Kobe, Blake Paul.

The Donald Sterling mess. And nwo this.

tg1982
04-30-2014, 09:11 PM
San Antonio taking care of business
The Mavs'll get them next time ;)

Yeah they are, they're making it a pretty good series. It could go to a game 7.

Dirk is having the worst shooting postseason of his career and, even with that, the Mavs were in position to win games 1 and 4. If he'd shot the ball anywhere close to his normal efficiency rate, the Spurs would have gotten swept in 4.
He put up 26 today, so maybe he's getting there.

Go Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count Yoda
04-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Woo! The Rockets won!

Another game Friday!

byc
04-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Took me a while before I figured out what was going on. I'm not sure how nuking the forums is supposed to clean up the forums, because there's no actual prevention of those bad apples...

Anyways...

Rockets pull it out, but the team doesn't look at all. Howard is such a bad low post player that when he gets the ball to post, everybody else stops. Run the offense through Harden and let Howard bitch.

D'Antoni pulls ANOTHER "I'm taking my ball and going home". He's certainly an expert on that. He needs to stop coaching, because he seems to be terrible at it, even with the rules fitting his style and system.

kalorama
04-30-2014, 10:11 PM
I've long thought D'Antoni was over-rated and basically built his rep by grabbing Steve Nash and holding on for dear life, and as far as I'm concerned, he and the Lakers deserve each other. But I thought Magic Johnson doing the happy dance on Twitter, like a teenage girl who's rival for prom queen came down with mono, after D'Antoni quit was a bit too much.

Stay classy, Earvin.

JaggedFel
04-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Took me a while before I figured out what was going on. I'm not sure how nuking the forums is supposed to clean up the forums, because there's no actual prevention of those bad apples...

Anyways...

Rockets pull it out, but the team doesn't look at all. Howard is such a bad low post player that when he gets the ball to post, everybody else stops. Run the offense through Harden and let Howard bitch.

D'Antoni pulls ANOTHER "I'm taking my ball and going home". He's certainly an expert on that. He needs to stop coaching, because he seems to be terrible at it, even with the rules fitting his style and system.

Its just sad, Howard is really good on Pick and Rolls and sucks at post ups. He is dragging the team down with that. Also Harden should not be primary ball handler, he is a hog.

byc
05-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Its just sad, Howard is really good on Pick and Rolls and sucks at post ups. He is dragging the team down with that. Also Harden should not be primary ball handler, he is a hog.

The Rockets have a lot of mis-mashed parts, but they kind of work because Howard is a good player, Harden is a great scorer, Parsons and Lin do a solid job of scoring, and now Beverly allows them to guard at least 1 of the guard positions with good pressure. Asik is a good defensive big man. The mis-mash comes from getting lots of good players together for a big trade for a star, but now that they have the stars, the Rockets need to trim the fat and focus on what they are weak at. I have no doubt Daryl Morey will address those issues in this upcoming off-season and future off-seasons, but right now, the Rockets team full of good players, 2 possibly great players, but no experience or chemistry yet. That's why I wasn't scare of them at all this year. In 1-3 years if they can keep the egos in check, I think they can be really dangerous. Howard might not have 3 years in him though at or possibly past his prime already plus injury issues.

byc
05-01-2014, 08:04 AM
I've long thought D'Antoni was over-rated and basically built his rep by grabbing Steve Nash and holding on for dear life, and as far as I'm concerned, he and the Lakers deserve each other. But I thought Magic Johnson doing the happy dance on Twitter, like a teenage girl who's rival for prom queen came down with mono, after D'Antoni quit was a bit too much.

Stay classy, Earvin.

It's kind of interesting how Magic was silent for many many years, and all of a sudden in the last 2-3 years he's everywhere on social media talking about everything. It's like his empire has gotten so good at running itself that he's bored and doing whatever he wants.

I wasn't impressed by D'Antoni at first, because of my preference for post-up and iso play style of the 90's and early 00's along with Playoff basketball. As the league shifted towards wing and guard play with the rule changes, I started focusing on Phoenix more and read more about the system. It actually makes a lot of sense in many ways (you run so the defense isn't set, you take early 3's if you're open because it's a better shot than a contested post-up/drive into a set defense, go small for offensive mis-matches). But I think the success of Phoenix, who had Hall of Famer Steve Nash running the system, ended up hurting him because a lot of the league is running something similar, so those advantages aren't as great as they used to be. Plus, Nash was able to figure out how to run that system to the best degree we've seen yet (other than maybe Miami's version with LeBron, who actually won 2 NBA titles).

His particular version also was very personnel driven. He needed smart players to figure out when to take the shot and when not to, he needed HoF guard to run it (without Nash, his system has NEVER worked), he needed stretch 4 and 5s that can play inside when needed as well. D'Antoni, according to first-hand reports from certain players, did not practice defense or even have a philosophy. A philosophy is important if only to get the players on the same page, like when to double-team, when to switch on pick n rolls, which player to deny the ball, how to rotate defensively, when to start help defense, etc.

D'Antoni's biggest flaw is how he is completely unable to adjust his system to the players he has. The Lakers he had were old, so don't run. Howard is pretty good at running the pick n roll, so keep doing it (even if he complains because he's stupid and doesn't understand basketball). Gasol and Kobe can post and iso very well, so use them when appropriate. Blake doesn't run the pick n roll particularly well, so let him run picks, but shoot the jumper or pass to the open man, instead of the roll/pop man.

D'Antoni didn't have the players (mainly injuries), but the inability to adjust just kills me.

Vibranium
05-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Bulls seem to want to make a strong push for 'Melo

as a Knicks fan, I say take him...please

byc
05-01-2014, 08:45 AM

Melo isn't the problem. The problem is lack of other players.

Amare - old and broken down
Smith - headcase
Felton - fat
Shumpert - young and inconsistent, but there's potential
Chandler - solid, but injury prone recently
Hardaway - young and has potential
Bargnani - he might work out in the right system, but he's not even a solid starter at this point of his career, lest we forget he's a number 1 pick
Prigioni - he's fine as a backup, but Knicks are asking him to do too much

So out of that, you have maybe 3 other solid contributors. Melo isn't the problem.

Eli.C
05-01-2014, 08:50 AM
The Pacers' season might end today.

If so, this will go down as the most depressing season in my years as a fan. The Artest Season was bad for it's own reasons, but as it was happening, I remember a very large part of the fanbase still backing the team and having a very "Us vs. Them" mentality. But this team seems to have given up, and unless it was because Danny got traded, I can't figure out why and it sucks.

byc
05-01-2014, 08:54 AM
The Pacers' season might end today.

If so, this will go down as the most depressing season in my years as a fan. The Artest Season was bad for it's own reasons, but as it was happening, I remember a very large part of the fanbase still backing the team and having a very "Us vs. Them" mentality. But this team seems to have given up, and unless it was because Danny got traded, I can't figure out why and it sucks.

It's a combination of factors I'm sure, unless after the season we discover from a "source" that a major event happened but wasn't reported.

I'm semi-gleeful at this entire situation, as the Pacers were talking so much trash for taking the Heat to a game 7 in the ECF. Like...really? You guys are getting uppity from that? It wasn't even the Finals.

Paul W.
05-01-2014, 09:03 AM
With due respect to the Bulls fans, can you explain to me why Noah gets away with a foul on nearly every moving screen he sets? Seriously, is it because he does it so much and so obviously the refs feel like they can't call it on every play?

Yes, yes, I know that everyone in the NBA sets a moving screen, but Noah is ridiculous. Hip thrust, extend arms, and... roll!

Eli.C
05-01-2014, 09:06 AM
It's a combination of factors I'm sure, unless after the season we discover from a "source" that a major event happened but wasn't reported.

I'm semi-gleeful at this entire situation, as the Pacers were talking so much trash for taking the Heat to a game 7 in the ECF. Like...really? You guys are getting uppity from that? It wasn't even the Finals.

You take pride in the things you accomplish. When you take the champs to game seven, making them take you dead serious along the way, yes, you crow about it, especially when you feel stronger in the coming season.

When you lose, you admit to your defeat and work to get stronger.

kalorama
05-01-2014, 10:57 AM
With due respect to the Bulls fans, can you explain to me why Noah gets away with a foul on nearly every moving screen he sets? Seriously, is it because he does it so much and so obviously the refs feel like they can't call it on every play?

Yes, yes, I know that everyone in the NBA sets a moving screen, but Noah is ridiculous. Hip thrust, extend arms, and... roll!

It's ludicrous, isn't it? I mean, he's not the least bit subtle or sly about it. The most egregious one is when he puts his forearms together and thrusts them into the body of the pursuing guard as he corners the pick, like a blocking tight end.

Paul W.
05-01-2014, 11:10 AM
It's ludicrous, isn't it? I mean, he's not the least bit subtle or sly about it. The most egregious one is when he puts his forearms together and thrusts them into the body of the pursuing guard as he corners the pick, like a blocking tight end.

Yes, that's exactly what he resembles, an offensive lineman.

Jabare
05-01-2014, 11:22 AM
We are getting some great playoff games I love it

come on man Melo's been the best thing to happen to the Knicks since the 90s

Vic Vega
05-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Melo isn't the problem. The problem is lack of other players.

Amare - old and broken down
Smith - headcase
Felton - fat
Shumpert - young and inconsistent, but there's potential
Chandler - solid, but injury prone recently
Hardaway - young and has potential
Bargnani - he might work out in the right system, but he's not even a solid starter at this point of his career, lest we forget he's a number 1 pick
Prigioni - he's fine as a backup, but Knicks are asking him to do too much

So out of that, you have maybe 3 other solid contributors. Melo isn't the problem.

I don't even see that many there.

Chandler is busted up most of the time and is always busted up by the playoffs.

byc
05-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Random question of the day!

If OKC fires Scottie Brooks, should they hire Mike D'Antoni?

Vic Vega
05-01-2014, 01:05 PM

I want this to happen only to see the look on Dwight Howard's face.

ExcelsiorPrime
05-01-2014, 01:28 PM

I hope the Pistons hire Scott Brooks if he is let go.

kalorama
05-01-2014, 01:36 PM
I hope the Pistons hire Scott Brooks if he is let go.

Good god, no! If he wasn't able to rein in Russell Westbrook, I shudder to think of the carnage if he has to try and control Josh Smith.

The rims, man! Think of the rims!

byc
05-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Good god, no!

Brooks can coach young players and defense, but Detroit's offense would be even worse. If that was possible.

"Brandon, bring the ball up, dish it to Josh. Josh, create a shot!". He takes a 21 footer, clank. lol

CrimsonEchidna
05-01-2014, 01:53 PM
legoheat

But in all seriousness, I'm predicting a Heat/Spurs Finals Rematch at this point.

JaggedFel
05-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Brooks can coach young players and defense, but Detroit's offense would be even worse. If that was possible.

"Brandon, bring the ball up, dish it to Josh. Josh, create a shot!". He takes a 21 footer, clank. lol

Coach D? They are getting outscored by the Grizz with the Grizz running out multiple 20 point leads. And lets face it the grizz are hardly a dynamic offense. Hard nosed Defensive team but Brooks relies on athleticism and youth.

Manchuto
05-01-2014, 02:05 PM

It's not that much of a surprise and in my opinion he should not have been coaching the lakers to begin with. His style and play just could not fit with the personnel he had there. In his only defense though I will say that Mike D'Antoni never really had a healthy Kobe or Nash to try to make things work.

byc
05-01-2014, 02:13 PM
It's not that much of a surprise and in my opinion he should not have been coaching the lakers to begin with. His style and play just could not fit with the personnel he had there. In his only defense though I will say that Mike D'Antoni never really had a healthy Kobe or Nash to try to make things work.

He did have a healthy Kobe. Kobe averaged 38.6 minutes a game while playing for D'Antoni 2 years ago. He suffered the Achilles tear in April, near the end of the season. And then this year, Kobe came back, and then injured his knee and was out rest of this year.

byc
05-01-2014, 03:38 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/01/greg-oden-waits-for-lucky-break-that-may-not-come/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

The sad story of Greg Oden continues. He looked bad against Hibbert, and now that Indiana is probably not going to make the next round, Oden is done. There's not a center left with the possibility of Tim Duncan that require Oden's services. Personally, Duncan would DESTROY Oden. His skill, his ability, his knowledge; these would overwhelm Oden in seconds. I knew once Haslem started playing again late in the season that the Heat just couldn't rely on Oden. Oden is truly the 12th man at this point. If a big man somehow started dominating the Heat, Spoelstra would turn to Haslem and Battier to figure it out, along with Birdman Andersen.

Oden will probably win a ring, but his career still would be on hold.

HUTHAIFA
05-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Fill in the Blank for this coaching merry go round.

LAKERS
KNICKS
WARRIORS
THUNDER
PACERS

byc
05-01-2014, 04:15 PM
The Pacers at Hawks game on NBATV already bugs me. The crawl is the All D-League players and awards...

The D-League... I can't un-see it.

-sigh-

Eli.C
05-01-2014, 04:20 PM
I don't want to watch anymore.

Jonah Weiland
05-01-2014, 04:42 PM
This has been a busy year in L.A. between the fall of the Lakers, the rise of the Clippers. Kobe, Blake Paul.

The Donald Sterling mess. And nwo this.I was talking with an ESPN LA reporter about this crazy week of basketball news and asked her if it's ever been this busy before in her tenure and she said once: December, 2011.

Yup -- Chris Paul trade, Dwight Howard trade, Steve Nash trade, NBA lockout, restart of the season on December 25th.

Joe
05-01-2014, 05:29 PM
knicks were idiots for bringing ray felton back.

Hiromi
05-01-2014, 05:35 PM
I think the Thunder take more pull up mid ranged jumpers on fast breaks than any other team in the league, it's SUCH an awful shot.

Edit: Charles Barkley's narrative tonight seems to be the Durant, like Lebron in Cleveland, has no help, and if he left OKC would do the same thing as Cleveland...

Chuck, I love you, but what the Hell?

Jabare
05-01-2014, 06:30 PM
wow if the Pacers lose this game.....

I was talking with an ESPN LA reporter about this crazy week of basketball news and asked her if it's ever been this busy before in her tenure and she said once: December, 2011.

Yup -- Chris Paul trade, Dwight Howard trade, Steve Nash trade, NBA lockout, restart of the season on December 25th.

oh wow, yeah thats a good point. I remember I was drinking the kool-aid on the Lakers that year. Thought for sure they'd make some noise in the playoffs. Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Dasol Dwight. Instead they barely make it in and are promptly bounced. Kobe and Nash got old and Dwight was hurt and that was that.

Eli.C
05-01-2014, 06:38 PM
I am chewing on everything.

ExcelsiorPrime
05-01-2014, 07:38 PM
I guess Durant isn't Mr. Unreliable

JaggedFel
05-01-2014, 07:44 PM
I think the Thunder take more pull up mid ranged jumpers on fast breaks than any other team in the league, it's SUCH an awful shot.

Edit: Charles Barkley's narrative tonight seems to be the Durant, like Lebron in Cleveland, has no help, and if he left OKC would do the same thing as Cleveland...

Chuck, I love you, but what the Hell?

He has way better help and the fact that the East was so weak does not compensate. Durant has another Top 10 Overall Player with him and a Top 5 Defensive Player which is way better then anything Lebron had.

HUTHAIFA
05-01-2014, 08:08 PM
wow if the Pacers lose this game.....

oh wow, yeah thats a good point. I remember I was drinking the kool-aid on the Lakers that year. Thought for sure they'd make some noise in the playoffs. Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, Dasol Dwight. Instead they barely make it in and are promptly bounced. Kobe and Nash got old and Dwight was hurt and that was that.

The reason why I dont give Jim Buss much crap is that he went with good decision that didnt come true.
1) He got rid of Bynum early.

2)He went with the cheaper coach who had experience with the recently acquired hall of famer point guard. Trying to put Nash in the Triangle would have been horrible to watch.

3)He got Dwight for a decrepit Bynum.

You can only fault these moves through hindsight.If Buss had stood pat, what would have happened.

1)We would still be paying for a broke down Bynum.

2)We would have a solid back up but couldnt guard a cold Derek Fisher.

3)We would have two more draft picks, but they wouldnt have been that high.

4)We would be paying 10-12 million dollars for Jackson to coach an 8th place team.

Just Is
05-01-2014, 08:09 PM
He has way better help and the fact that the East was so weak does not compensate. Durant has another Top 10 Overall Player with him and a Top 5 Defensive Player which is way better then anything Lebron had.
The problem seems to be more about the coaching schemes in OKC, rather than personnel. The schemes almost need to have three superstar level players to succeed. Even then, I do heavily disagree with Chuck on this. Though I do kinda see where he's coming from.

Regardless of what he admits out loud, no way that headline by OKC's own paper didn't piss him off.

Also, I really don't think the East is anywhere near as weak as the narrative says. The problem being that almost every team started really slow and didn't really get good until about the new year. Comparing records from that point on, the East looks absolutely fantastic (especially the 3, 4 and 6 seeds).

JaggedFel
05-01-2014, 08:29 PM
I am talking about the East when Lebron was there.

HUTHAIFA
05-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Clippers have to go straight to basket with all the foul trouble the Warriors having. Anything can happen in a game 7.

The Big G
05-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Way to go GS!

Jonah Weiland
05-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Oh well. Not a great night for my Clippers. Both teams played poorly, but the Dubs grinded it out a bit better. Saturday! #WeAreOne

Jonah Weiland
05-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Way to go GS!We are now enemies.

#ClipperNation

WestPhillyPunisher
05-02-2014, 01:23 AM
The woefully disappointing top seeded Pacers staved off elimination last night with a 95-88 win over Atlanta (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400553068), forcing a game seven on Saturday.

Meanwhile, L'affaire Sterling has taken a darker turn with news that the disgraced owner of the Clippers is suffering from prostate cancer (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10871033/los-angeles-clippers-owner-donald-sterling-cancer). So, at the risk of sounding snarky, that lifetime ban might not last all that long.

danmar85
05-02-2014, 01:41 AM
Well I'm glad to see OKC win, but I've only watched about half of one game in the series. I just can't stand their play style. It's so sloppy and it seems to lack any real strategy... They seemed much more balanced as a team 2 years ago when Perkins originally joined the team. I'm not sure a new coach will make much difference. Who would they bring in?

Jonah Weiland
05-02-2014, 01:41 AM
The woefully disappointing top seeded Pacers staved off elimination last night with a 95-88 win over Atlanta (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400553068), forcing a game seven on Saturday.

Meanwhile, L'affaire Sterling has taken a darker turn with news that the disgraced owner of the Clippers is suffering from prostate cancer (http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10871033/los-angeles-clippers-owner-donald-sterling-cancer). So, at the risk of sounding snarky, that lifetime ban might not last all that long.I hate Sterling, he's a miserable man and as a long suffering Clippers fan, well, he rarely did the team any good, but I never would wish cancer on anyone. That's terrible news.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-02-2014, 01:49 AM
I hate Sterling, he's a miserable man and as a long suffering Clippers fan, well, he rarely did the team any good, but I never would wish cancer on anyone. That's terrible news.

I lost my mother to lung cancer 21 years ago, so yeah, I wouldn't wish that horror on anyone either, not even Sterling.

Hiromi
05-02-2014, 03:32 AM
We don't have enough game 7s in the first round, Dallas and Brooklyn need to win their game 6s

The Big G
05-02-2014, 04:30 AM
We are now enemies.

#ClipperNation

https://24.media.tumblr.com/96a264a12f000f5e5641264190cfcd47/tumblr_n4t4guSuhH1rwtl3wo1_400.gif

https://24.media.tumblr.com/2d81f8c6d2244a4042f9b63a47758bbe/tumblr_n4y23otzSr1qm4heyo1_500.gif

#GSWARRIORS!

Yes i am calling out CBR's owner

VIVA LA X-BOARDS

Count Yoda
05-02-2014, 09:54 AM
#GSWARRIORS!

VIVA LA X-BOARDS
We shall hold a candlelight vigil, should the worst come to pass.

Jonah Weiland
05-02-2014, 10:11 AM
https://24.media.tumblr.com/96a264a12f000f5e5641264190cfcd47/tumblr_n4t4guSuhH1rwtl3wo1_400.gif

https://24.media.tumblr.com/2d81f8c6d2244a4042f9b63a47758bbe/tumblr_n4y23otzSr1qm4heyo1_500.gif

#GSWARRIORS!

VIVA LA X-BOARDSThis may be the first flame war on the new CBR Community.

The Doctor
05-02-2014, 11:47 AM
http://www.biconews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Pic2.png

One can hope. Should have happened last year. I can't stand the Heat and it's all about Lebron hate. Pisses me off most they're going to have an easy time cruising to the NBA Finals. Crush the Bobcats, crush the Hawks, maybe 5 games against the Wizards? This only makes me want non conferences so teams like the Heat don't get a super easy time through the playoffs. They're already the best team in there, but the possible playoff schedule just seems unfair lol. Whereas SAS, OKC, LAC, GSW, etc. are killing themselves to get into the playoffs.

Eli.C
05-02-2014, 11:54 AM
The Heat can't play Atlanta and Washington in these playoffs. Those two are on the same side of the bracket.

Just Is
05-02-2014, 12:23 PM
We don't have enough game 7s in the first round, Dallas and Brooklyn need to win their game 6s
I fully expect both the Raptors (actually going to be at this one supporting my Raptors since Brooklyn is so close to Toronto, #WeTheNorth) and the Spurs to close out their series.

byc
05-02-2014, 01:10 PM
One can hope. Should have happened last year. I can't stand the Heat and it's all about Lebron hate. Pisses me off most they're going to have an easy time cruising to the NBA Finals. Crush the Bobcats, crush the Hawks, maybe 5 games against the Wizards? This only makes me want non conferences so teams like the Heat don't get a super easy time through the playoffs. They're already the best team in there, but the possible playoff schedule just seems unfair lol. Whereas SAS, OKC, LAC, GSW, etc. are killing themselves to get into the playoffs.

All losing sides make the same argument.

2013, if Ray Allen missed that shot in game 6...
2011, if LeBron didn't meltdown...
2008, if Boston didn't have the Big 3...
2008 Spurs vs. Suns first round, Duncan hits that ridiculous 3pt to force OT, and then win that game and sweep the Suns...
2007, if the Mavs didn't panick in the 1st round against the Warriors...
2005, Pistons vs. Heat, if Wade played game 7...
2004, Lakers vs. Pistons, if Kobe only passed the ball to Shaq more...
2003, if the Spurs just played a REAL team, not those chumps the Nets, whom they swept...
1988, Lakers vs. Pistons, if Kareem didn't get that foul call in game 6...
1987, if Magic didn't hit the baby hook over McHale and Parish...

etc.

Hiromi
05-02-2014, 03:01 PM
As much as we joke about the Spurs being 5 seconds away from winning game 6 they had every opportunity to win that game in overtime(given that their blatant illegal substitution of Tim Duncan during the ref replay review of Allen's shot went unnoticed) as well as game 7 and just got flat out outplayed, so I don't buy the should have argument.

The Big G
05-02-2014, 03:31 PM
This may be the first flame war on the new CBR Community.

And over sports! That would be a first!

To tell the truth, i'm that passionate about Basketball. Football is my sport

Hiromi
05-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Zach Randolph is suspended for game 7 after throwing a punch at Steven Adams. Yeah real smart move their Zach, cost the team their best player for a win or go home game because you got mad at someone who plays 8 minutes a game. The Grizzlies might as well just forfeit the game and series.

JaggedFel
05-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Zach Randolph is suspended for game 7 after throwing a punch at Steven Adams. Yeah real smart move their Zach, cost the team their best player for a win or go home game because you got mad at someone who plays 8 minutes a game. The Grizzlies might as well just forfeit the game and series.

Lol the only good call Scott Brooks made. Try to get Zach tossed.

Jonah Weiland
05-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Zach Randolph is suspended for game 7 after throwing a punch at Steven Adams. Yeah real smart move their Zach, cost the team their best player for a win or go home game because you got mad at someone who plays 8 minutes a game. The Grizzlies might as well just forfeit the game and series.Having watched ZBo play against the Clippers in two playoff series now, my hate for him as a player knows no bounds, but I do feel for the Grizz. It feels like the NBA has handed OKC a win, which is a shame.

kalorama
05-02-2014, 05:04 PM

No Randolph and a possibly hobbled Conley? The Grizz are screwed. Too bad, too. i was really pulling for them to upset OKC.

Hiromi
05-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Having watched ZBo play against the Clippers in two playoff series now, my hate for him as a player knows no bounds, but I do feel for the Grizz. It feels like the NBA has handed OKC a win, which is a shame.

Can't blame the NBA for this https://vine.co/v/MrDrxEbMgPW

This is ALL Randolph. It's the kind of self sabotage shit that drives me crazy. And Silver's actually being lenient so far, if Paul George had taken a step on the court like he did when Stern was running the show? He'd be gone too.

byc
05-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Steven Adams is one of the most annoying players in the League. It's all gonna depend on Conley. If he's healthy, the Griz might have a chance.

kalorama
05-02-2014, 05:59 PM

This is ALL Randolph. It's the kind of self sabotage shit that drives me crazy. And Silver's actually being lenient so far, if Paul George had taken a step on the court like he did when Stern was running the show? He'd be gone too.

I doubt George would have been suspended under Stern. As I understand it, the rule doesn't actually say anything about stepping onto the court, it says that players aren't allowed to leave "the immediate vicinity of the bench" which George never did, even though he put a foot on the court.

Jonah Weiland
05-02-2014, 06:41 PM

This is ALL Randolph. It's the kind of self sabotage shit that drives me crazy. And Silver's actually being lenient so far, if Paul George had taken a step on the court like he did when Stern was running the show? He'd be gone too.Oh, they made the right call, for sure. Zbo let his team down BIG time. Real shame.

Jabare
05-02-2014, 07:28 PM
OKC is so lucky. And Memphis just can't catch a break.

Dallas vs San Antonio is so good. Can't believe its just round 1. The west is so deep, whereas the East is just Miami. i don't care if the Nets swept thm in the regular season nobody in the East matches up to Miami or the Western conference playoff teams when it matters.

The reason why I dont give Jim Buss much crap is that he went with good decision that didnt come true.
1) He got rid of Bynum early.

2)He went with the cheaper coach who had experience with the recently acquired hall of famer point guard. Trying to put Nash in the Triangle would have been horrible to watch.

3)He got Dwight for a decrepit Bynum.

You can only fault these moves through hindsight.If Buss had stood pat, what would have happened.

1)We would still be paying for a broke down Bynum.

2)We would have a solid back up but couldnt guard a cold Derek Fisher.

3)We would have two more draft picks, but they wouldnt have been that high.

4)We would be paying 10-12 million dollars for Jackson to coach an 8th place team.

yeah I don't think anyone should fault him.

Heck they should have gotten Chris Paul but Stern put the kibosh on that randomly.

JaggedFel
05-02-2014, 07:38 PM
OKC is so lucky. And Memphis just can't catch a break.

Dallas vs San Antonio is so good. Can't believe its just round 1. The west is so deep, whereas the East is just Miami. i don't care if the Nets swept thm in the regular season nobody in the East matches up to Miami or the Western conference playoff teams when it matters.

yeah I don't think anyone should fault him.

Heck they should have gotten Chris Paul but Stern put the kibosh on that randomly.

Yes why did that occur anyway.

The Doctor
05-02-2014, 07:46 PM
The Heat can't play Atlanta and Washington in these playoffs. Those two are on the same side of the bracket.

Sure they can Heat played the 7 seed Bobcats. If Atlanta wins then the heat draw the lowest seed which would be the 8 seed Hawks. If Washington beats the Nets then Miami would play Washington.

kalorama
05-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Sure they can Heat played the 7 seed Bobcats. If Atlanta wins then the heat draw the lowest seed which would be the 8 seed Hawks. If Washington beats the Nets then Miami would play Washington.

That's wrong. The Wizards are going to play the winner of the Hawks/Pacers and the Heat are going to play the winner of Raptors/Nets. There is no reseeding of each round in the NBA. The brackets for each conference are set from the beginning.

Mister Ferro
05-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Dallas forces game 7 thanks to Blair going Beast Mode!

Jabare
05-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Dwight Howards really playing big this year. People need to give the man some respect even if the Blazers win tonight

Yes why did that occur anyway.

Yeah I still don't understand the logic behind that. I think the NBA owned the Hornets at the time and thought allowing Paul to go to the Lakers was unfair or something. Despite everyone else being okay with it and wanting it to happen.

JaggedFel
05-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Lol Photo Finish. Bad Defense though but its the Rockets. Howard was big down the stretch.

Sub-Zero MKA
05-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Damien Lillard is a frigging boss!!

byc
05-02-2014, 10:30 PM
That was a great shot.

Jabare
05-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Good for the Blazers. Truthfully I wanted a game 7, but it is what it is.

kalorama
05-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Yeah I still don't understand the logic behind that. I think the NBA owned the Hornets at the time and thought allowing Paul to go to the Lakers was unfair or something. Despite everyone else being okay with it and wanting it to happen.

Depends on who you mean by "everybody." Reportedly, some of the other owners and GMs squawked about Stern helping the Lakers build another superteam. And, objectively speaking, it really wasn't a great trade for the Hornets. They really weren't getting much back in exchange for Paul.

Damien Lillard is a frigging boss!!

That kid is something else. Second year, first playoff series, team hasn't gotten out of the first round in a decade and a half, less than a second on the clock? No problem.

Props to the Mavs for pushing the Spurs to seven. I was expecting the Spurs to make short work of the porous Mavs defense, but they managed to hold up.

Hiromi
05-02-2014, 11:01 PM
That's about the only way a Portland series is allowed to end

Jonah Weiland
05-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Portland Vs. Huston was amazing! I feel a tad robbed, though -- I wanted a game 7! But, wow - Damian Lillard, welcome to super stardom! That's how legends are begun.

danmar85
05-02-2014, 11:39 PM
As an OKC fan I'm getting tired of the Memphis vs OKC rivalry lol. Every year! It's to much for me to bear, but you've gotta love that you're getting quality basketball from the West and a few rivalries that have surfaced because of it. The East on the other hand...

Just Is
05-03-2014, 01:03 AM
As an OKC fan I'm getting tired of the Memphis vs OKC rivalry lol. Every year! It's to much for me to bear, but you've gotta love that you're getting quality basketball from the West and a few rivalries that have surfaced because of it. The East on the other hand...
Toronto/Brooklyn has honestly been my favourite first round series but I get the comment on the East. The Pacers' utter collapse makes it very hard to tell whether or not the Hawks are actually good or not. Miami/Charlotte was never in doubt but the injury to Big Al hurt its enjoyment. Chicago/Wizards was an ugly series because Chicago plays ugly.

danmar85
05-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Toronto/Brooklyn has honestly been my favourite first round series but I get the comment on the East. The Pacers' utter collapse makes it very hard to tell whether or not the Hawks are actually good or not. Miami/Charlotte was never in doubt but the injury to Big Al hurt its enjoyment. Chicago/Wizards was an ugly series because Chicago plays ugly.

Ya I was a bit unfair to the East. I like Chicago in general, even without Rose in the lineup. I love that they still fight for every win and play with energy. A big part of that is having a guy like Noah on the team. The Paces have always been a let down as a playoff team. Maybe it can be blamed on lack of maturity, but when your making that much money and have that much talent you should just do your job...

WestPhillyPunisher
05-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Portland Vs. Huston was amazing! I feel a tad robbed, though -- I wanted a game 7! But, wow - Damian Lillard, welcome to super stardom! That's how legends are begun.

Yeah, Lillard is an amazing talent. If he played for a team on the East Coast, he'd already would have achieved superstardom.

JaggedFel
05-03-2014, 02:35 AM
He was good but he is still the second best player on his team. Lamarcus Aldridge is carrying Portland. Houston never could figure out how to contain him

Deathstroke
05-03-2014, 04:22 AM
It is very weird to be so far on the outside as an observer for the playoffs. I have absolutely no rooting interest with my Celtics already headed to the golf course. It's been tough even watching the highlights.

Jabare
05-03-2014, 05:04 AM
Depends on who you mean by "everybody." Reportedly, some of the other owners and GMs squawked about Stern helping the Lakers build another superteam. And, objectively speaking, it really wasn't a great trade for the Hornets. They really weren't getting much back in exchange for Paul.

Chris Paul was out the door regardless, better to get something than nothing. He wanted out and the Hornets were willing enough to go along with the reader at first. As for owners I expect opposing teams to always be a little envious so I wouldn't read too much into that. L.A.'s got a great market, history and location. Theres always going to be that imbalance between smaller market organizations and big market ones. Outside of the draft I'm not sure how you rectify that.

Vic Vega
05-03-2014, 06:48 AM

Didn't see the game. Just saw the clip. Was a flagrant 2 called? I didn't hear anything about Zbo getting ejected.

Seems weird that would warrant a suspension after the fact, but not an in game ejection, if a flagrant 2 wasn't called.

Hiromi
05-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Didn't see the game. Just saw the clip. Was a flagrant 2 called? I didn't hear anything about Zbo getting ejected.

Seems weird that would warrant a suspension after the fact, but not an in game ejection, if a flagrant 2 wasn't called.

No a common foul was called, which meant it couldn't be reviewed when it happened. Typically when a flagrant 2 is called and the ejection is awarded they only fine the player unless it was really really egregious, but when the call is missed that player will sometimes be suspended.

kalorama
05-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Chris Paul was out the door regardless, better to get something than nothing.

That's not always true; it depends on what "something" is being offered and whether there a good chance of someone else offering something better. The issue for the Hornets was whether the something the Lakers were offering was the best something they could get. It wasn't. The deal they got from the Clippers was better which, as far as I'm concerned, was all the justification needed to squelch the Lakers deal.

As for owners I expect opposing teams to always be a little envious so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I wasn't reading anything into it, I was simply stating its occurrence.

ExcelsiorPrime
05-03-2014, 12:55 PM
He was good but he is still the second best player on his team. Lamarcus Aldridge is carrying Portland. Houston never could figure out how to contain him

I would give R. Lopez some credit. He allows L.A. to float around..knowing he has help on the boards.

Adset
05-03-2014, 01:16 PM
i was a freshman in high school in 2000 when portland beat the jazz 4-1 to advance to the WCF. last playoff series win until last night.

lifelong blazer, seahawk, and mariner fan here. i went 29 years without seeing a pro sports championship until the seahawks finally broke through a few months ago, and now portland got a monkey off its back. good sports year. i mean, aside from the m's.

kalorama
05-03-2014, 01:38 PM
I would give R. Lopez some credit. He allows L.A. to float around..knowing he has help on the boards.

A largely unheralded FA pickup, but one of the best of the offseason.

Just Is
05-03-2014, 02:11 PM
5 game sevens over 1 weekend is crazy.

byc
05-03-2014, 02:46 PM
I think the Pacers have gone 1/7 FG along with 6 turnovers already in 5 minutes of play.

Pacers have recovered nicely. Roy Hibbert finally decided to show up for the series by scoring 6 points at the 8 minute mark. Atlanta is still jacking up 3's at a record pace, but they need to.

kalorama
05-03-2014, 04:01 PM
What's up with Stevenson, going off and chillin' in the stands when he's not on the floor instead of sitting on the bench with the rest of the team? This isn't the first time he's done that. I'm thinking he's out of Indy after this season, regardless of how things turn out. He's a nice player but seems to be way too high maintenance for the benefit he brings.

byc
05-03-2014, 04:28 PM
Grabbed some food and came back.

Pacers are in control, but Hawks are fighting back. Only a 12 point lead with 5 minutes left in 3rd.

Paul George is doing a good job of taking the space the Hawks are giving him and hitting those elbow jumpers and runners.

Deathstroke
05-03-2014, 04:52 PM
i was a freshman in high school in 2000 when portland beat the jazz 4-1 to advance to the WCF. last playoff series win until last night.

lifelong blazer, seahawk, and mariner fan here. i went 29 years without seeing a pro sports championship until the seahawks finally broke through a few months ago, and now portland got a monkey off its back. good sports year. i mean, aside from the m's.

2 Seattle Storm WNBA championships came before the Seahawks win. And regardless of opinions about women's basketball, they were pro sports titles.

Hiromi
05-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Pacers finally played with some semblance of what they're supposed to, I look forward to the Nene/Gortat vs Hibbert/West matchup

HUTHAIFA
05-03-2014, 05:39 PM
What's up with Stevenson, going off and chillin' in the stands when he's not on the floor instead of sitting on the bench with the rest of the team? This isn't the first time he's done that. I'm thinking he's out of Indy after this season, regardless of how things turn out. He's a nice player but seems to be way too high maintenance for the benefit he brings.
My early candidate for the Jr Smith 2015award

byc
05-03-2014, 05:50 PM
Grizzlies just OUT SCORED the Thunder in the 1st quarter 36-27.

It's gonna be awkward if Durant has to accept the MVP when his team is out of the Playoffs...

Hiromi
05-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Wow the Grizzlies are actually not playing like they're down their best player and about half another.

kalorama
05-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Wow the Grizzlies are actually not playing like they're down their best player and about half another.

Conley doesn't seem to be bothered too much by the hammie. He's easily one of the most under-rated players in the NBA.

byc
05-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Curtain call for the Griz. They couldn't keep it up. Not surprised.

Hilarious commentary by Steve Kerr:

"OKC is a lot deeper this year. The emergence of Jeremy Lamb..."

Yeah, he's so emerged that he's submerged on the bench and has averaged 2 MPG in 2 games these Playoffs.

JaggedFel
05-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Indeed. Grizz were screwed Adams was the MVP getting ZeBo suspended saved Scott Brooks, Durant, Westbrook and the rest of the Thunder.

JaggedFel
05-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Damn Blake has Skills Now.

byc
05-03-2014, 10:43 PM
It amazes me that Steve Blake can't crack the Warriors' lineup. Jordan Crawford plays, but not Steve Blake?

Barns and Green are fine, because they shift between the 3 and 4. I think overall Mark Jackson has done a fine job, but this might be a mistake.

Hiromi
05-03-2014, 10:46 PM
What an incredible series

JaggedFel
05-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Yeah Great Stuff.

Sucks for Jackson for the record he does not deserve to be fired. No Bogut and he took the Clippers to the brink. McHale on the other hand deserves to be axed. Scott and Vogel should still be on a watch list.

kalorama
05-04-2014, 12:46 AM
Yeah Great Stuff.

Sucks for Jackson for the record he does not deserve to be fired. No Bogut and he took the Clippers to the brink. McHale on the other hand deserves to be axed. Scott and Vogel should still be on a watch list.

Coaches getting fired in pro sports rarely has much of anything to do with what anyone deserves. The concept of fairness has little to do with the business of sports.

If you own the team and are cutting the checks for the coach's multimillion dollar annual salary and you think the guy is schmuck (don't know this is the case with the Warriors owner, just saying by way of example), then you've got every right to get rid of him. If you're spending that kind of money, you have a reasonable expectation to be satisfied with your purchase on whatever level you want to be. It is unfortunate for Jackson and the players, who appear to really love the guy, bu it is the way it is. And, at the end of the day, nobody is really suffering. Jackson will get another job in a heartbeat and pretty much all of the Warriors important players are under contract for the next couple years, so they should continue to grow.

kalorama
05-04-2014, 12:50 AM
It amazes me that Steve Blake can't crack the Warriors' lineup. Jordan Crawford plays, but not Steve Blake?

He was in the rotation after he first got there, and played pretty well. It's really only been in the playoffs that he's fallen out of it (although he did get extended run in game 2).

Jonah Weiland
05-04-2014, 01:01 AM
Damn Blake has Skills Now.Blake's had skills all year. His off-season work outs were for real. His outside jumper is actually reliable. Guy can ball!

#ClipperNation

Jonah Weiland
05-04-2014, 01:03 AM
Yeah Great Stuff.

Sucks for Jackson for the record he does not deserve to be fired. No Bogut and he took the Clippers to the brink. McHale on the other hand deserves to be axed. Scott and Vogel should still be on a watch list.100% agree with this. I'm not impressed by McHale at all. But I still think that team is a bit not there yet. They have chemistry, but I don't think quite enough to really make that leap. Needs some new pieces.

JaggedFel
05-04-2014, 02:01 AM
Coaches getting fired in pro sports rarely has much of anything to do with what anyone deserves. The concept of fairness has little to do with the business of sports.

If you own the team and are cutting the checks for the coach's multimillion dollar annual salary and you think the guy is schmuck (don't know this is the case with the Warriors owner, just saying by way of example), then you've got every right to get rid of him. If you're spending that kind of money, you have a reasonable expectation to be satisfied with your purchase on whatever level you want to be. It is unfortunate for Jackson and the players, who appear to really love the guy, bu it is the way it is. And, at the end of the day, nobody is really suffering. Jackson will get another job in a heartbeat and pretty much all of the Warriors important players are under contract for the next couple years, so they should continue to grow.

I just hate owners with totally unreasonable expectations for their teams.

JaggedFel
05-04-2014, 02:05 AM
100% agree with this. I'm not impressed by McHale at all. But I still think that team is a bit not there yet. They have chemistry, but I don't think quite enough to really make that leap. Needs some new pieces.

I dont know they are trying to go for Carmelo but that is absurd. Harden is already a ball hog who slacks on D and Dwight is complaining about his touches. Last thing they need is another volume shooter who slacks on D. Their offense can be improved by having actual plays and less iso with a stretch four. But really they need to boost their Defense not their Offense. Rondo makes more sense.

The Big G
05-04-2014, 02:19 AM
I knew the Clippers would pull it out in the end...

But I'm proud of my Warriors they fought tooth and nail to the bitter end

I mean 126-121 is serious business

WestPhillyPunisher
05-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Pacers finally played with some semblance of what they're supposed to, I look forward to the Nene/Gortat vs Hibbert/West matchup

I have to say the Pacers did not impress. They should NOT have let Atlanta give them as much trouble as they had during that series. I predict the Wizards will give Indy another long, tough fight.

JaggedFel
05-04-2014, 02:55 AM
Indeed they should not have had so much trouble with Atlanta minus Al.

kalorama
05-04-2014, 03:19 AM
I just hate owners with totally unreasonable expectations for their teams.

If he does get fired, I don't think it'll have anything to do with him failing to meet expectations as far as the team's on-court success is concerned. I think this is a personal/philosophical issue between Jackson, management, and ownership. There have been reports coming out of G.S. for months about all kinds of dysfunction among the coaching staff, with assistant coaches secretly taping meetings--possibly acting as spies for the owner--and getting reassigned and fired, with or without Jackson's involvement. The whole thing painted a picture of an organization where there's a lot of poor communication, mistrust, and backstabbing going on. It sounds like some kind of power struggle, and Jackson may be on the wrong side (or on the outside).

100% agree with this. I'm not impressed by McHale at all.

I actually wonder how much McHale really wants to coach. His previous coaching stints both came when he was in the front office at Minnesota and was basically told by the owner that he had to take over coaching the team when McHale fired the incumbent coach. And both times he talked like coaching wasn't really something he had a real burning desire to do.

byc
05-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Coaches who should stay:

McHale - 1st year with Howard and Harden is not nearly enough time, regardless of how the fans feel. He doesn't seem to be a great coach, but he hasn't earned a firing.
Vogel - We don't know what's going on exactly, but he's doing a fine job. I don't think he should have been fired if they lost against the Hawks, but obviously management thought so.
Jackson - He slows down the Warriors with his preference with posting up, but I think that's a good thing. The team is overall very young and needs to learn how to win.

Coaches who should go:

Brooks - His lack of an offensive system is seriously hindering the team. They haven't tuned him out yet, to everybody's credit, but that time is coming soon.
D'Antoni (who is gone) - I think I've railed on him enough. He can't adapt, he doesn't coach defense, he outs players.

Adset
05-04-2014, 09:40 AM
the pacers collapse has been one of the more curious things in the nba this year. they're basically the same team that finished 5 wins from a title last year, only this year they have a much-improved bench. someone is going to be allowed to walk/traded/cut loose after the season, because something is rotten in that locker room.

Just Is
05-04-2014, 10:34 AM
I don`t know if you guys have heard about the Toronto fan base but here at the ACC (tickets were NOT cheap), I literally can not hear the person sitting right next to me. Not exaggerating.

Well before the Anthems were sung. It got worse at tip off. And worst immediately after tip off.

Jonah Weiland
05-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Clippers & Warriors game didn't exactly end on the court.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10881720/2014-nba-playoffs-security-called-los-angeles-clippers-golden-state-warriors-shouting-match

Just Is
05-04-2014, 12:46 PM
I can not tell you how loud it is right now! I love our fanbase. 1 point game.

Hiromi
05-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Raptors almost pulled out a miracle there

Adset
05-04-2014, 01:02 PM
2 Seattle Storm WNBA championships came before the Seahawks win. And regardless of opinions about women's basketball, they were pro sports titles.

i'm not a storm fan. i went to a portland fire game once prior to them folding, but the storm winning a few titles did nothing for me cheering on a team *i* root for.

JaggedFel
05-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Spurs unleash statement of intent.

Hiromi
05-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Mavs flat out ran out of juice

kalorama
05-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Mavs flat out ran out of juice

The fact that they made it to Game 7 is a triumph of sorts. I doubt most people expected this one to make it to 5 games.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-04-2014, 05:42 PM
I don't see things ending well for Jackson in Golden State. I'm sure talking heads, both local and national will say the Warriors failed to take advantage of a Clippers team that had been distracted by the Donald Sterling fiasco, and, fair, or not, that will fall on Jackson. Unless the owner steps up to the plate and declares his support for Jackson, chances are he's going to get the chop, and probably soon.

Deathstroke
05-04-2014, 05:52 PM
i'm not a storm fan. i went to a portland fire game once prior to them folding, but the storm winning a few titles did nothing for me cheering on a team *i* root for.

That's perfectly fine. I wasn't saying you had to root for them, just that they were pro sports champions from Seattle. It is a thing that was overlooked by every media outlet when falling all over themselves to hype up the Seahawks win.

Adset
05-04-2014, 07:13 PM
haha fair enough. random, but ok.

Adset
05-04-2014, 07:21 PM
really looking forward to portland/san antonio. they went 2-2 against one another in the regular season, each won on the other's home floor once, and each game was in triple digits save for the last one, which i believe occurred when lamarcus aldridge was out. should be a lot of fun.

i believe it's the first playoff meeting between the two since sean elliott ripped out portland's heart in the '99 wcf.

Jabare
05-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Felt bad for Toronto, but good series overall. I'm always in underdog mode at the beginning of the playoffs.

It will be good to see Miami take the court again.

Primetime Harder
05-04-2014, 07:47 PM
GO SPURS GO.

(I'm still convinced they put something in the water in San Antonio that makes you like the Spurs.)

Adset
05-04-2014, 07:53 PM
GO SPURS GO.

(I'm still convinced they put something in the water in San Antonio that makes you like the Spurs.)

growing up in oregon/being a blazer fan, i've always had an appreciation for other franchises who only have one show in town (i mean, among the traditional 'big 4' sports).

but for the next two weeks i hate you, you bothersome silly nannies.

danmar85
05-04-2014, 08:52 PM
GO SPURS GO.

Being from Texas my brother and dad have loved the Spurs since they started competing for championships with the twin towers. At first I hated them with a passion. I guess it had to do with them being the next big thing since Jordan retired that made me bitter. Now I respect them as a team and how they play the game of basketball.

Manchuto
05-05-2014, 06:30 AM
The fact that they made it to Game 7 is a triumph of sorts. I doubt most people expected this one to make it to 5 games.

Yeah I was surprised as well. Dirk can't do it all by himself and nobody could contain Parker in game 7.

byc
05-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Parker is actually pretty unstoppable in the Spur's system. It takes somebody with elite defensive skills to disrupt it. Miami had to get LeBron to do it last year in key situations. He's either going to get a good shot for himself or for somebody else. It's really nice to watch him as he probes the defense before making a drive or pass.

Jonah Weiland
05-05-2014, 09:07 AM
I don't see things ending well for Jackson in Golden State. I'm sure talking heads, both local and national will say the Warriors failed to take advantage of a Clippers team that had been distracted by the Donald Sterling fiasco, and, fair, or not, that will fall on Jackson. Unless the owner steps up to the plate and declares his support for Jackson, chances are he's going to get the chop, and probably soon.Isn't it the owner who has the biggest problem with Jackson? I even recall Guber acting obnoxiously towards Jackson during Game 1 of this series.

I think it's important for everyone to remember that their starting center was not available in this series and they STILL took the Clippers to the brink. Mark won 51 games in the regular season -- that should count for something.

JDogindy
05-05-2014, 09:11 AM
After that nightmare scenario with the Hawks, I'm glad the Pacers have moved on, and hopefully, we'll have a better challenge against Washington. It won't be any easier, since Washington is a better team than Atlanta, but the Wizards lack those annoyances that bother Indiana, so it'll be better.

Pacers win that series in 6.

kalorama
05-05-2014, 10:21 AM
I think it's important for everyone to remember that their starting center was not available in this series and they STILL took the Clippers to the brink. Mark won 51 games in the regular season -- that should count for something.

It should count towards him getting another job fairly quickly. But then, winning 50+ games didn't do much for George Karl, Lionel Hollins, or Vinnie Del Negro, so who knows?

JDogindy
05-05-2014, 10:41 AM
It should count towards him getting another job fairly quickly. But then, winning 50+ games didn't do much for George Karl, Lionel Hollins, or Vinnie Del Negro, so who knows?

If Vogel had lost Game 7, one could add him to that list.

kalorama
05-05-2014, 10:47 AM
If Vogel had lost Game 7, one could add him to that list.

And if he loses to Washington or NJ/Miami, one still might be able to.

byc
05-05-2014, 10:47 AM
After that nightmare scenario with the Hawks, I'm glad the Pacers have moved on, and hopefully, we'll have a better challenge against Washington. It won't be any easier, since Washington is a better team than Atlanta, but the Wizards lack those annoyances that bother Indiana, so it'll be better.

Pacers win that series in 6.

Like a fast point guard that Indiana can't handle? Or 2 good big men? Washington can easily go small with only Nene or Gortat. Washington has better shooters than Atlanta save Korver. Washington also has a better defense, and a good perimeter defender in Ariza.

Until I see otherwise, Washington in 6.

kalorama
05-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Like a fast point guard that Indiana can't handle? Or 2 good big men? Washington can easily go small with only Nene or Gortat. Washington has better shooters than Atlanta save Korver. Washington also has a better defense, and a good perimeter defender in Ariza.

Until I see otherwise, Washington in 6.

But the key to Atlanta's offense against Indy was that they didn't have to go small. Their key big men were hitting from 3 pt range (at least before game 7), which allowed Atlanta to stretch Indy out on offense--opening up the lane for Teague--while still having enough muscle on defense to bang with West and Hibbert. But none of the Wizards' bigs have 3 pt range, and if they went small (with Ariza at the PF) then that would not only negate one of the Wizards' biggest advantages (their size inside on offense) but put them at a serious disadvantage on defense, where Ariza would have to try and guard West, Scola, or possibly even Hibbert in the paint. The Wizards' best strategy would be to stick to what they do best and not try to emulate the Hawks, because they aren't really built for it.

byc
05-05-2014, 11:20 AM
But the key to Atlanta's offense against Indy was that they didn't have to go small. Their key big men were hitting from 3 pt range (at least before game 7), which allowed Atlanta to stretch Indy out on offense--opening up the lane for Teague--while still having enough muscle on defense to bang with West and Hibbert. But none of the Wizards' bigs have 3 pt range, and if they went small (with Ariza at the PF) then that would not only negate one of the Wizards' biggest advantages (their size inside on offense) but put them at a serious disadvantage on defense, where Ariza would have to try and guard West, Scola, or possibly even Hibbert in the paint. The Wizards' best strategy would be to stick to what they do best and not try to emulate the Hawks, because they aren't really built for it.

It's going to depend how Indiana looks and plays. Washington doesn't have 3pt shooting from their big men, but they don't necessarily need it. If Atlanta was fully healthy, they would have had Horford, which means less 3pt shooting as well.

Atlanta used it's only option against Indiana, which is load up on 3pt shooting and try to spread the floor. Once their big men started missing, they were in real trouble. I think Washington can take on Indiana if they went small because Wall is so much faster than Tegue. I think they should play normally first, but they can go small if needed.

Arundel Armor Hunter
05-05-2014, 01:46 PM
So with the Raptors out. Where is Drake taking his talents? Miami is to obvious before the finals, Corey Joseph is out of the rotation for the finals...

Jonah Weiland
05-05-2014, 01:50 PM
It should count towards him getting another job fairly quickly. But then, winning 50+ games didn't do much for George Karl, Lionel Hollins, or Vinnie Del Negro, so who knows?I know in Del Negro and Hollins' cases, they lost the players. They lost control of the locker room. Karl, that's a tough one -- one of the greatest basketball minds ever, but can't get out of the second round. Some say he's not a "Playoffs Coach," which does require a different intensity.

kalorama
05-05-2014, 02:14 PM
I know in Del Negro and Hollins' cases, they lost the players. They lost control of the locker room. Karl, that's a tough one -- one of the greatest basketball minds ever, but can't get out of the second round. Some say he's not a "Playoffs Coach," which does require a different intensity.

I don't know that Hollins lost the players. He definitely had a rep for being a taskmaster, but at least some of them--including Conley and Gasol--spoke in support of him before and after he was let go. Hollins was canned because of a difference in philosophy between him and the team's new owners. The new owner is a young tech billionaire who's big into analytics and Hollins is an old school, by-his-gut coach who didn't put much stock into data runs and spreadsheets and wasn't shy about saying so. His ouster was pretty well predictable. Same was true of Karl. He's a future HOF coach, but 9 years of playoff appearances with only second round advance is just cause as far as I'm concerned.

kalorama
05-05-2014, 02:23 PM
It's going to depend how Indiana looks and plays. Washington doesn't have 3pt shooting from their big men, but they don't necessarily need it. If Atlanta was fully healthy, they would have had Horford, which means less 3pt shooting as well.

Atlanta used it's only option against Indiana, which is load up on 3pt shooting and try to spread the floor. Once their big men started missing, they were in real trouble. I think Washington can take on Indiana if they went small because Wall is so much faster than Tegue. I think they should play normally first, but they can go small if needed.

That's true but it's also beside the point. Regardless whether they did it by choice or by necessity, Atlanta played Indy tough using a system that the Pacers had trouble countering, a system that fit the personnel they had available to them. The suggestion that the Wiz follow Atlanta's example doesn't really hold, because the system Atlanta used doesn't really fit the personnel the Wiz have. And the difference in speed between Wall and Teague isn't all that great, particularly in the half court.

If the Wizards are going to win (and I think they can) they'll be best served by sticking to the same principles they've been using that have brought them this far. If they had a more innovative, creative coach than Wittman, then maybe new wrinkles would be a good idea. But he's a meat and potatoes coach for whom sticking to the basics is probably the best bet.

Hiromi
05-05-2014, 02:26 PM

Nene can't hit from the 3, but he can hit from the 15-20 foot range about as well as any 4 or 5 in the league, it's one of the things that killed the Bulls in pulling Noah or Gibson away from the basket, And Noah's a lot more athletic than Hibbert.

kalorama
05-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Nene can't hit from the 3, but he can hit from the 15-20 foot range about as well as any 4 or 5 in the league, it's one of the things that killed the Bulls in pulling Noah or Gibson away from the basket, And Noah's a lot more athletic than Hibbert.

True. Which is why David West is most likely to be the one guarding Nene, while Hibbert covers Gortat. And while Gortat does take a lot of jumpshots, he's not nearly as adept at hitting them as his preference for taking them would suggest. (Plus, it's easier to recover from 15 feet than it is from 23 feet.) In any case, it just speaks to the point I was making: the Wizards will be fine playing the game the way they've been playing it, rather than trying to copy off Atlanta's paper.

Paul W.
05-05-2014, 04:15 PM
heh. West never met a foul he didn't commit.

Edit: Wait, no, that didn't come out right...

byc
05-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Wizards are carving up the Pacers with good inside passing. Wizards are cutting with good precision, and the guards have gotten into the lane so far.

Without Wall and Nene, that lead disappeared pretty quick.

Hiromi
05-05-2014, 05:06 PM
So Indiana celebrates finally quote looking like a first seed playing a sub .500 8th seed unquote, by looking completely inferior to the 5th seed team at home in the first half of game 1.

Also this Kevin Hart commercial parodying the TNT crew is priceless.

And Kenny's right, if Teague gave Hill fits, Wall and/or Beal are just going to scorch him.

Jonah Weiland
05-05-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm really pulling for the Wizards in this series -- there's a lot to like about that team and some great promise. I'm just glad they got rid of their old uniforms when they changed their names from the Bullets to the Wizards. Those were awful!

Paul W.
05-05-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm really pulling for the Wizards in this series -- there's a lot to like about that team and some great promise. I'm just glad they got rid of their old uniforms when they changed their names from the Bullets to the Wizards. Those were awful!

They were always awful, even back in the dark ages. The only thing that saved them then was that Wes Unseld was inside one.

byc
05-05-2014, 06:12 PM

I kind of like the bronze, blue, and white. I know this is classic colors, but it clashes.

And Wizards are running the Pacers out of the building. Pacers are getting outworked, which is a severe no-no for that team.

byc
05-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Roy Hibbert's line

0 points
0 rebounds
1 assist
2 blocks
5 fouls
15 minutes

JaggedFel
05-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Perhaps he should replace Kendrick Perkins as the low bar for centers.

Jabare
05-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Roy Hibbert's line

0 points
0 rebounds
1 assist
2 blocks
5 fouls
15 minutes

and he's 7 foot 2 inches

Jabare
05-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Go Wizards Go!

Alright I'm calling Clippers in Game one over OKC

byc
05-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Perhaps he should replace Kendrick Perkins as the low bar for centers.

Hmm...

Wow...Hibbert has worse stats than Perk.

danmar85
05-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Go Wizards Go!

Alright I'm calling OKC in Game one over Clippers.

Fixed it for you :p.

kalorama
05-05-2014, 07:08 PM
I kind of like the bronze, blue, and white. I know this is classic colors, but it clashes.

Those uniforms were awful, almost as bad as the Pistons teal unis with the horse's head.

As a Wiz fan, games like this are what piss me off about Gortat. If he played with that level of activity and aggression all the time (or even most of it) the Wiz would be a much better team. But he too often floats and settles outside of the paint.

Hibbert has gone full-on Casper. Time was I used to get a bit wistful whenever I watched him play because the Wiz came up one draft slot short of being able to pick him and instead ended up with Javale McGee.

Hiromi
05-05-2014, 07:08 PM
I'm inclined to agree with the Clips tonight, they both went to 7 games but the Thunder peaked in game 6 while getting a gift for game 7, the Clippers will be riding more an emotional high from their game 7

kalorama
05-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Clippers hammering OKC in the 2nd, with a lineup of mostly reserves.

Jabare
05-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Still in shock at Roy Hibbert coming up smaller than Jiminy Cricket. How are you 7'2" and 200 plus pounds and can't get one rebound.

People on twitter were going off on Hibbert tonight it was brutal , but also hilarious :D

Fixed it for you :p.

I just feel like Clippers have a better overall team with better chemistry but will see KD is the MVP so if Mr. Unreliable steps up I could see him willing OKC past LAC in the series.

Still I see Clippers taking game one

danmar85
05-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Still in shock at Roy Hibbert coming up smaller than Jiminy Cricket. How are you 7'2" and 200 plus pounds and can't get one rebound.

People on twitter were going off on Hibbert tonight it was brutal , but also hilarious :D

I just feel like Clippers have a better overall team with better chemistry but will see KD is the MVP so if Mr. Unreliable steps up I could see him willing OKC past LAC in the series.

I really don't have as much interest this year in basketball in general. I've already seen plenty of OKC and their lack of strategy. I've already mentioned before that I thought they were better as a team 2-3 years ago. I agree that the Clippers are much better as a team cohesively, which is why they'll probably win the series.

JaggedFel
05-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Thunder Defense. Hack a Jordan.

Sub-Zero MKA
05-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Roy Hibbert's line

0 points
0 rebounds
1 assist
2 blocks
5 fouls
15 minutes

How are you going to be 7'2, and not get a single rebound. Just reach up and bunny hop and he'll get at least one.

Sub-Zero MKA
05-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Dang. The Clip Show broke 100 and they're still in the 3rd quarter.

Jabare
05-05-2014, 08:43 PM
I really don't have as much interest this year in basketball in general. I've already seen plenty of OKC and their lack of strategy. I've already mentioned before that I thought they were better as a team 2-3 years ago. I agree that the Clippers are much better as a team cohesively, which is why they'll probably win the series.

yeah that year they went to the Finals they had a great roster.

Westbook and KD dont always seem to mesh well imo, which is a shame because they are two of the elite players in the NBA right now. I mean when they are both hot and everything is flowing I think they are fine. But...trying to find the right words.... sometimes they are out of sync

byc
05-05-2014, 08:50 PM
There's a Jared Dudley sighting!

JaggedFel
05-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Lol it was like watching the Mavs Spurs with different actors. A PG comes out on fire and swiss cheeses the opposition ending the game before halftime.

Jonah Weiland
05-05-2014, 09:58 PM
That was a SPANKING! Look, Chris Paul is not going to come out every game and go 8 for his first 8 3-point attempts -- that's just freakish levels of confidence! That said, what a decisive game one that exposed a lot of the Thunder weaknesses. And you know it's a blow-out when Ryan Hollins, Reggie Bullock and Willie Green all get a chance to play.

No time to pop Champagne bottles, there's a Game 2 to fight in less than 48 hours.

#ClipperNation!!!!!

Jonah Weiland
05-05-2014, 10:04 PM
I'll add ... that game 7 win over the Warriors was super emotional. That may have helped galvanize this Clippers team, which only helps them in the weeks to come. Oh I hope so!

Sub-Zero MKA
05-05-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm very interested in how both losing teams come out for game two. More specifically, the Pacers. I already know that the Thunder will be focused, but the Pacers are just playing like crap right now. Their top big apparently doesn't know the playoffs have started and their PG is going to get torched this series. It'll be up to George and West to carry this team, and with the athletic bigs Washington has, I'm not sure how effective the latter will be.

Qrx2
05-05-2014, 11:31 PM

Hibbert has been my favorite Pacer since he got to Indy. Honestly I wanted him before I knew it was a real chance the Pacers could land him. I liked him back at Georgetown. I didn't know much about him I just liked him. Since he got to Indy I grew to like him that much more because he's an awesome dude off the floor. Everything you would want a pro sports star to be. With that said, he's reverted back to the Jim O'Brien Hibbert and at this point in his career he just can't do that. If he keeps playing like this this post season and is the reason the Pacers are bounced I think the Pacers have to look into trading him this off-season.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Roy Hibbert's line

0 points
0 rebounds
1 assist
2 blocks
5 fouls
15 minutes

Talk about sad, and pathetic. And Hibbert is supposed to be one of the top five centers in the league today. Pfft! Meanwhile, the Pacers as a whole returned to being the disappointing underachiever that nearly got them bounced in the first round by sub .500 Atlanta. And how about that rout by the Clippers against OKC? Incredible!

JaggedFel
05-06-2014, 01:53 AM
U cannot stop Durant and Westbrook from scoring u can however make them a great deal less efficient in scoring.

byc
05-06-2014, 05:37 AM
U cannot stop Durant and Westbrook from scoring u can however make them a great deal less efficient in scoring.

Scott Brooks does a good job of that.

JDogindy
05-06-2014, 07:42 AM

On the one hand, you can argue against the crap people give Hibbert because this is a confidence thing. But, on the other hand, it's justified.

HUTHAIFA
05-06-2014, 08:59 AM
On the one hand, you can argue against the crap people give Hibbert because this is a confidence thing. But, on the other hand, it's justified.

The whole team deserves crap. The Pacers are a team with no superstar just a collection of really good to good players. This becomes an unmanageable mess because everybody thinks that they are as good or better than the next guy. Without a quality point guard, there is no one to keep the offensive flow going. This is made worse when the team is losing, because the team has no confidence in one another. This is a team of role players who when facing difficulty dont know their role

danmar85
05-06-2014, 09:12 AM
The whole team deserves crap. The Pacers are a team with no superstar just a collection of really good to good players. This becomes an unmanageable mess because everybody thinks that they are as good or better than the next guy. Without a quality point guard, there is no one to keep the offensive flow going. This is made worse when the team is losing, because the team has no confidence in one another. This is a team of role players who when facing difficulty dont know their role

The only reason that team has no superstar is because no one steps up. Their personalities are weak and they lack that extra push to beat a championship team. The talent is clearly there. To bad the motivation isn't.

byc
05-06-2014, 09:34 AM
The only reason that team has no superstar is because no one steps up. Their personalities are weak and they lack that extra push to beat a championship team. The talent is clearly there. To bad the motivation isn't.

How much talent does the Pacers really have?

Roy Hibbert, all-star or not? He only really came around last year against the Heat, and the Heat doesn't have a big man to can defend him 1v1. Good defender.
David West, aging all-star. He's reliable, and Pacers should run more of the offense through him. Good defender.
Paul George, young emerging all-star. He's got a good jump shot, but he's still having problems driving the ball. Good defender.
Lance Stephenson, young talent with ego issues. He's totally a 50/50 player. He'll make a great play, and then screw up badly for another. Forces too many shots and tries to make too many plays.
George Hill, decent point guard with a okay jump shot and good defense. He can't really create for himself or others, isn't a great ball handler, have confidence issues.

Scola, aging offensive big man.
Mehamini, young defensive big man, had some energy, no offensive skills.
Turner, young guard, bad jump shot, decent slasher, bad defense.
Watson, decent backup point guard, decent jump shooter, decent slasher.
Copeland, good shooter with range, doesn't do anything else.

So if their starters are not playing well (and they are playing horribly), they don't have much going on. The regular season should have given them confidence for the Playoffs, but instead they've crumbled completely and barely got pass the number 8 seed Hawks, who they should taken in 5 by locking down their defense and forcing the Hawks to take bad shots. Instead, they didn't get out to run the 3pt shooters off of the line, they allowed drives inside, they played with no energy, and they allowed the Hawks to gain confidence and take them to a game 7.

Indiana really have only Paul George and David West, now that Roy Hibbert has become a "big white stiff" basically (he's worse, since even poor big men has produced better numbers than he has. Perkins has better numbers than Hibbert!). Stephenson is good but unreliable and mentally fragile. Hill is just a guy who plays solid defense and can hit an open shot. Indiana is basically playing 4 on 5 when Hibbert is out there. He needs to produce way more or be benched completely.

In one sense, they are similar to the Wizards. But the Wizards have more overall talent, and the Wizards have tons of confidence and won't back down from anybody.

kalorama
05-06-2014, 10:29 AM
In one sense, they are similar to the Wizards.

Which is exactly why this current Wiz run scares me as much as excites me.

People are saying that if the Pacers get bounced, the team will be blown up. Well, that's going to be easier said than done, as they've got several guys with sizable, multiyear contracts who haven't played up to them, contracts that were signed based on the hopeful prospects of last seasons results. If the Wiz do make it to the ECF, there's going to be a lot of sentiment and pressure to bring this team back intact next season. Problem is that most of the key players--aside from Wall, Beal, and Nene--are FAs, including the coach and the GM. And as good as they've looked this season, you can't really judge their success without taking into account the quality of the opponents and, in botch cases, they're fighting already wounded prey. That doesn't take away from the effort and resolve the Wiz showed, but if all the teams in the rest of the East draw had been healthy (physically and emotionally) they'd be looking at a different landscape. So before signing Trevor Ariza (29) and Marcin Gortat (30) to expensive multiyear deals--along with the expensive multiyear deal that Nene (31) is already signed to--the Wiz brass need to take a good, hard, objective look at what this team's ceiling is in the next year or two because, after that, things could get ugly as age (and, in Nene's case, inevitably, injury) catches up to everyone not named Wall or Beal.

byc
05-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Which is exactly why this current Wiz run scares me as much as excites me.

People are saying that if the Pacers get bounced, the team will be blown up. Well, that's going to be easier said than done, as they've got several guys with sizable, multiyear contracts who haven't played up to them, contracts that were signed based on the hopeful prospects of last seasons results. If the Wiz do make it to the ECF, there's going to be a lot of sentiment and pressure to bring this team back intact next season. Problem is that most of the key players--aside from Wall, Beal, and Nene--are FAs, including the coach and the GM. And as good as they've looked this season, you can't really judge their success without taking into account the quality of the opponents and, in botch cases, they're fighting already wounded prey. That doesn't take away from the effort and resolve the Wiz showed, but if all the teams in the rest of the East draw had been healthy (physically and emotionally) they'd be looking at a different landscape. So before signing Trevor Ariza (29) and Marcin Gortat (30) to expensive multiyear deals--along with the expensive multiyear deal that Nene (31) is already signed to--the Wiz brass need to take a good, hard, objective look at what this team's ceiling is in the next year or two because, after that, things could get ugly as age (and, in Nene's case, inevitably, injury) catches up to everyone not named Wall or Beal.

Agreed. They are looking good now, but that doesn't mean re-signing everybody to 5 year deals. The problem is that everybody on the roster is kind of important.

Gortat is going to want a big contract. Do not give it to him. Competent big men that can play both ends are hard to come by, but that doesn't mean signing him to 10/year deals. Nene has that contract, and he deserves it more than Gortat. I exploded with rage when they traded for Okafor and his big contract (because having 2 big men for 11 mil each is insane). Gortat has chemistry with Nene, which is very nice, but it's not a reason to sign Gortat for like 30 mil/3 years. If the Wizards can get him for 15 mil/2 years, go for it.

Ariza is difficult as well. A good defensive wing player with a good 3pt shot is valuable. I'm almost positive he's going to sign elsewhere given his production right now and the need for more veteran players that produce.

A good backup PG would be nice as well. Maynor did nothing. Miller wasn't very good against the Pacers Monday night, and he is still old as dirt.

Booker is solid as a backup, but the Wiz will need players soon to replace Nene and/or Gortat.

Hopefully Otto Porter can develop into something, because the Wizards really need some cheap help soon before these older players become ineffective.

byc
05-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Drew Gooden, 32 years old, had 7 offensive rebounds last night.

The Indiana Pacers had 6 offensive rebounds last night.

JaggedFel
05-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Lol and to think Grant Hill was brought in to be competition for Tony Parker.

Jonah Weiland
05-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Do you think if the Pacers kept Granger, let him play a roll similar to the one he has with the Clippers, that they'd be better off? A number of analysts have said he's great in locker rooms and that his loss, plus the inclusion of Turner, has really messed with the chemistry of the Pacers.

kalorama
05-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Agreed. They are looking good now, but that doesn't mean re-signing everybody to 5 year deals. The problem is that everybody on the roster is kind of important.

Gortat is going to want a big contract. Do not give it to him. Competent big men that can play both ends are hard to come by, but that doesn't mean signing him to 10/year deals. Nene has that contract, and he deserves it more than Gortat. I exploded with rage when they traded for Okafor and his big contract (because having 2 big men for 11 mil each is insane). Gortat has chemistry with Nene, which is very nice, but it's not a reason to sign Gortat for like 30 mil/3 years. If the Wizards can get him for 15 mil/2 years, go for it.

Ariza is difficult as well. A good defensive wing player with a good 3pt shot is valuable. I'm almost positive he's going to sign elsewhere given his production right now and the need for more veteran players that produce.

A good backup PG would be nice as well. Maynor did nothing. Miller wasn't very good against the Pacers Monday night, and he is still old as dirt.

Booker is solid as a backup, but the Wiz will need players soon to replace Nene and/or Gortat.

Hopefully Otto Porter can develop into something, because the Wizards really need some cheap help soon before these older players become ineffective.

My issue with Gortat is more the years than the dollars. He'll likely want a 4-year deal, which I would veto right out; a 35 year old big man making $10+ is rarely a good thing for a team. There's no way he signs a 2-year deal, given that this is likely his last, best chance at big money. But if they can talk him down to 3 yrs at about $7-8 mill/per, then it's tolerable. I think their best bet with Ariza is to try and get him to okay a sign-n-trade and try to get something back. I imagine that some closer-to-contending teams might be interested in a vet with his skill set. Same with Gortat, if they can't reach a deal.

I agree about Miller. He's a decent stopgap, but they'll still need another upgrade at the backup PG spot in the offseason, a vet who's closer to 30 than 40. Miller has another year (only partially guaranteed) on his contract next season, so he could be decent trade bait for a team looking to shed salary. I thought they panicked a bit when they traded for him at the deadline. If they'd showed a bit of patience, they could have claimed Beno Udrih off waivers (it was pretty clear that the Knicks were going to cut him) and kept that 2nd round pick in what projects to be a pretty deep draft.

Porter is the wild card. A lot of Wiz fans were quick to throw in the towel on him (it's a learned reflex), but I think he has a chance to be a good player, in large part because of the career/development arc we've seen from other Georgetown players out of JT III's program. His dad's signature for NBA players was grit and physical toughness; Thompson III's seems to be high IQ, multi-skilled, with solid work ethic (which makes Hibbert's decline even more puzzling, because he displayed all those traits before this season). It's just a question of how high Porter's ceiling is.

kalorama
05-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Do you think if the Pacers kept Granger, let him play a roll similar to the one he has with the Clippers, that they'd be better off? A number of analysts have said he's great in locker rooms and that his loss, plus the inclusion of Turner, has really messed with the chemistry of the Pacers.

Hard to say. I think the addition of Turner most likely had the biggest effect on Stephenson who, by most reports, was already pretty volatile. They basically brought in somebody who he knew was being groomed to take his job. That's going to cause some tension. But it's hard to imagine that alone was the main catalyst for Hibbert's meltdown. Maybe Hibbert was threatened by the addition of Bynum, or maybe Bynum is an even more toxic locker room presence than his already impressive resume suggests. Even so, if their chemistry was so thoroughly undone by the addition of one guy who barely plays and one guy who never plays, then they were probably living on borrowed time to begin with.

byc
05-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Hard to say. I think the addition of Turner most likely had the biggest effect on Stephenson who, by most reports, was already pretty volatile. They basically brought in somebody who he knew was being groomed to take his job. That's going to cause some tension. But it's hard to imagine that alone was the main catalyst for Hibbert's meltdown. Maybe Hibbert was threatened by the addition of Bynum, or maybe Bynum is an even more toxic locker room presence than his already impressive resume suggests. Even so, if their chemistry was so thoroughly undone by the addition of one guy who barely plays and one guy who never plays, then they were probably living on borrowed time to begin with.

I remember hearing a story that Hibbert got annoyed that when Bynum played, he got plays called for him, and Hibbert didn't.

I was against both signings. Bynum is way too toxic for any team except like Miami or San Antonio to pick up. Turner is more acceptable, but I didn't think he was very good and didn't fit Indiana, especially when his defense sucked. I rather have Granger out there on 1 leg than Turner.

I think Indiana's problem was 3 fold:

-Hibbert's loss of whatever he lost
-Paul George returning to All-Star level from MVP level
-Stephenson being offended by lack of All-Star selection and then Evan Turner showing up in Indy

I mean, you can't have a team that loses production from 3 starters basically. That destroys most teams. Indiana just happened to have a big safely net because they came out hard and fast (and being in the East).

Hiromi
05-06-2014, 12:56 PM
I really doubt we'll find out just what caused this meltdown for the Pacers until the offseason.

And the Warriors have fired Mark Jackson. Apparently being the head coach of the most successful Warriors team in decades doesn't count for much.

Sub-Zero MKA
05-06-2014, 01:29 PM
I really doubt we'll find out just what caused this meltdown for the Pacers until the offseason.

And the Warriors have fired Mark Jackson. Apparently being the head coach of the most successful Warriors team in decades doesn't count for much.

It doesn't mean diddly if the front office doesn't like you. I don't think they'll find a better coach than Jackson.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-06-2014, 01:54 PM

How in the hell could Hibbert have felt threatened by that miserable lug Bynum who barely played because of his chronically bad knees and even worse attitude? I hate to use this word, but Hibbert sounds like a royal pussy if he let Bynum get in his head. As for Turner, he was a colossal waste as the second overall pick in the draft by my Sixers a few years ago, he has no shot, plays no defense and can be a whiner on the court when calls go against him. It's hard to believe there's no veteran presence in the Pacers' locker room that can bring everyone to heel and keep them focused on winning games, and that's why scrubs like Atlanta and minor surprises like Washington are giving Indy more of a fight than is deserved. While the Pacers escaped a first round ouster against the Hawks, they might not be so lucky with the Wizards, judging from what I've seen.

kalorama
05-06-2014, 01:54 PM

While I do think firing a coach who just delivered one of the most successful seasons in franchise history--for a team that doesn't have much of a history of success-- is pretty stupid, the amount hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing going on among the talking heads over Jackson seems way over the top. People act like the Warriors owner invited him onto his yacht, shivved him in the back and dumped his body in the ocean. This isn't the first time a team's canned a coach coming off a successful season. Hell, at least 3 coaches with 50+ win seasons and franchise winning records got fired just last season. This is just business as usual in the NBA. Foolish business, sure, but hardly an outrageous injustice. Coaches are hired to get fired. They all know that going in. "Fair" has nothing to do with it.

HUTHAIFA
05-06-2014, 01:56 PM
I could see Jackson getting a job quickly from the Knicks or the Lakers. I hope its the Lakers. Jackson has a personality that suits the La crowd.

kalorama
05-06-2014, 02:00 PM
I remember hearing a story that Hibbert got annoyed that when Bynum played, he got plays called for him, and Hibbert didn't.

If Hibbert is worrying about not having enough offensive plays for him, then his head couldn't be in a more wrong place. He's not a go-to scorer and never will be. Throw him the ball when he's got a favorable matchup or when he runs hard down the floor and beats his man to a spot deep in the paint, but he's not a guy a team should be game planning offense around.

I don't often (ever) agree with Shaq, but he had it spot on when he said Hibbert needs to forget about scoring and just focus on rebounding and blocking shots.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-06-2014, 02:02 PM
While I do think firing a coach who just delivered one of the most successful seasons in franchise history--for a team that doesn't have much of a history of success-- is pretty stupid, the amount hand-wringing and teeth-gnashing going on among the talking heads over Jackson seems way over the top. People act like the Warriors owner invited him onto his yacht, shivved him in the back and dumped his body in the ocean. This isn't the first time a team's canned a coach coming off a successful season. Hell, at least 3 coaches with 50+ win seasons and franchise winning records got fired just last season. This is just business as usual in the NBA. Foolish business, sure, but hardly an outrageous injustice. Coaches are hired to get fired. They all know that going in. "Fair" has nothing to do with it.

More often than not, it's either personality clashes between coaches and GM's, owners who demanding more results than the talent can provide, or players who tune out the coach and whine to management to get rid of him. I doubt Jackson will be unemployed for very long, I'm thinking he'll wind up with the Lakers.

kalorama
05-06-2014, 02:05 PM
It doesn't mean diddly if the front office doesn't like you. I don't think they'll find a better coach than Jackson.

I thought the same thing when the Pistons fired Rick Carlisle for pretty much the same reason. Then they hired Larry Brown and made two trips to the Finals and won a championship. So you never know.

Jackson is a good coach, but it's not like his head is going up on the Mt. Rushmore of coaches any time soon. The Warriors are a very attractive job for a coach right now, so they're going to have their pick of quality candidates.

Hiromi
05-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Well, so much for that regular season record

Apparently the Nets forgot they weren't playing the Raptors anymore

JaggedFel
05-06-2014, 08:04 PM
TP is taking Lillard to school maybe he should spend more time practicing and less time insulting legends in his commercials.

Right now we might be on another Heat & Spurs Collision.

Jabare
05-06-2014, 08:35 PM

Jacksons was well liked as his time as a player and when he worked in the media so there maybe a personal element. Plus outside of the KD MVP only big news of the day, well outside of all the draft stuff we've been getting non-stop for the past few months

kalorama
05-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Jacksons was well liked as his time as a player and when he worked in the media so there maybe a personal element. Plus outside of the KD MVP only big news of the day, well outside of all the draft stuff we've been getting non-stop for the past few months

There's no "maybe" about it, there's absolutely a personal element. I wasn't suggesting that I somehow didn't understand where the reaction came from. I understand it perfectly. But I still think it's overblown and extreme.

ExcelsiorPrime
05-07-2014, 01:22 AM
TP is taking Lillard to school maybe he should spend more time practicing and less time insulting legends in his commercials.

Right now we might be on another Heat & Spurs Collision.

Tony Parker is so underrated. He is like Russell Westbrook in so much that he can control a game with passing or scoring. TP is more efficient.

Also way to go Kevin Durant. #real-men-do-cry #Mr.reliable

WestPhillyPunisher
05-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Well, so much for that regular season record

Apparently the Nets forgot they weren't playing the Raptors anymore

No surprise there. Lebron and company whomped the Nets real good in the second half.

JDogindy
05-07-2014, 08:04 AM

It's also due to the fact that the team couldn't handle fame and people paying attention.

And Frank Vogel is incapable of handling egos. He doesn't want to hurt anybody's feelings, and a great team winds up dissolving into a clusterf**k.

Manchuto
05-07-2014, 08:13 AM
More often than not, it's either personality clashes between coaches and GM's, owners who demanding more results than the talent can provide, or players who tune out the coach and whine to management to get rid of him. I doubt Jackson will be unemployed for very long, I'm thinking he'll wind up with the Lakers.

Yeah I would have to agree that the reason would be related to ego and personality clashes. The sad thing is that Golden State went 51-31 this year, its first 50-win season since 1993-94! Someone has too big of an ego to even read that stat line.

byc
05-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Tony Parker is so underrated. He is like Russell Westbrook in so much that he can control a game with passing or scoring. TP is more efficient.

I think it wasn't until last year that I really finally accepted him as a top PG. He's really amazing on what he does and what he can do. He's totally underrated. I swear nobody in the league can score and create like he can with their system like he can. Shutting him down takes a tremendous team effort, and very few teams can do it.

byc
05-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Paul George denies sleeping with Roy Hibbert's fiancee

http://www.ibtimes.com/paul-george-denies-sleeping-roy-hibberts-fiancee-these-rumors-have-got-stop-pacers-star-1581159

First time I've heard of this rumor. Who knows if it's true or not.

kalorama
05-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Some analysis of what went down between Jackson and G.S. management.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/68070/mark-jacksons-way-and-the-highway

kalorama
05-07-2014, 12:13 PM

http://www.ibtimes.com/paul-george-denies-sleeping-roy-hibberts-fiancee-these-rumors-have-got-stop-pacers-star-1581159

Why would Even Turner--who just got there 5 minutes ago--get into a fight with Lance Stephenson over George sleeping with Hibbert's fiancee?

emac1790
05-07-2014, 12:34 PM

The first time I heard this rumor was back in March. The way I heard it was one of the Pacers was sleeping with his teammate's wife. My girl saw it on one of those gossip web sites (Lipstick Alley, Jackie Jasper are the ones my lady likes to read). I didn't believe it then, I don't believe it now.

Taltos
05-07-2014, 12:38 PM

Tony Parker has a finals MVP, his legacy is on Dwayne wade lvl. Westbrook is a disrespectful comparison. Especially considering Russell will never be considered the best on his team. Meanwhile tony is the reason Manu comes off the bench and Tim is still relevant. Really Tim and tony are the healthy Shaquille and Kobe.

When he won his finals MVP they were calling him the best finisher in the game.

Jabare
05-07-2014, 12:54 PM
There's no "maybe" about it, there's absolutely a personal element. I wasn't suggesting that I somehow didn't understand where the reaction came from. I understand it perfectly. But I still think it's overblown and extreme.

well it is ESPN ever since Tebow overblown and extreme has been there motto, but to be fair I don't think the Mark Jackson story is generating the huge ratings some of their other overblown stories have.

Fans will always speak there mind. Will see if Hibbert can bounce back

Hibbert has been my favorite Pacer since he got to Indy. Honestly I wanted him before I knew it was a real chance the Pacers could land him. I liked him back at Georgetown. I didn't know much about him I just liked him. Since he got to Indy I grew to like him that much more because he's an awesome dude off the floor. Everything you would want a pro sports star to be. With that said, he's reverted back to the Jim O'Brien Hibbert and at this point in his career he just can't do that. If he keeps playing like this this post season and is the reason the Pacers are bounced I think the Pacers have to look into trading him this off-season.

wow well I give you props for foresight. Outside of his height he never impressed me in college. I expect him to turn it around he's too big to continue to play this softly.

wow, didn't hear about this. Always sad to hear rumors like this true or not. Sounds like the Delonte West and Lebron's mom situation all over again. Hope its not true but you never know with these stories.

ExcelsiorPrime
05-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Tony Parker has a finals MVP, his legacy is on Dwayne wade lvl. Westbrook is a disrespectful comparison. Especially considering Russell will never be considered the best on his team. Meanwhile tony is the reason Manu comes off the bench and Tim is still relevant. Really Tim and tony are the healthy Shaquille and Kobe.

But when top 5 players in the league are mentioned who is normally left out?

Heck, John Wall got more ink than Parker this year.

Manchuto
05-07-2014, 01:27 PM
I personally think Jackson should have gotten another year but at least it seems according to the interview that he is trying to take the "high road". Dan Patrick was trying to get the truth but Jackson continued to avoid answering why he was fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQQR2SPoLI

The question now is who is going to pick him up? I don't think the knicks will considering Phil Jackson is making most of the big decisions there.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah I would have to agree that the reason would be related to ego and personality clashes. The sad thing is that Golden State went 51-31 this year, its first 50-win season since 1993-94! Someone has too big of an ego to even read that stat line.

Sometimes, a team's won-loss record can't gloss over dysfunction in the front office and/or the locker room. Case in point: in 1983, the Philadelphia Phillies fired manager Pat Corrales halfway through the season, even though the team was in first place at the time. Let me say that again: IN. FIRST. PLACE.

kalorama
05-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Sometimes, a team's won-loss record can't gloss over dysfunction in the front office and/or the locker room. Case in point: in 1983, the Philadelphia Phillies fired manager Pat Corrales halfway through the season, even though the team was in first place at the time. Let me say that again: IN. FIRST. PLACE.

Jackson's a good coach, but he's not exactly a martyr in all this. If you're going to put yourself in a position where you repeatedly defy, ignore, or disregard your boss's suggestions and preferences (good, bad, or otherwise), you need to be better than just "good" at your job, because good can always be replaced.

Jonah Weiland
05-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Jackson's a good coach, but he's not exactly a martyr in all this. If you're going to put yourself in a position where you repeatedly defy, ignore, or disregard your boss's suggestions and preferences (good, bad, or otherwise), you need to be better than just "good" at your job, because good can always be replaced.Exactly -- like it or not, good or bad, the boss is the boss and if they employee appears to be going against their decisions, your days are numbered in any job.

Phil Jackson, while coach of the Lakers, set up a very "us vs. them" attitude amongst his players. It was either follow Phil or follow Kupchak and that's the way it was. That is a BIG reason why Phil was not asked back by Jerry Buss. Buss wanted the front office to run the team and the coach to execute the plan. Jackson wasn't the GM, but acted that way. Doesn't matter if you've won 11 championships or not -- Phil's one failure was that he did not show the proper respect upper management. Doesn't mean you have to agree with them, but not showing that respect kept him from getting invited back to the Lakers and kept him from getting a lot of jobs in the NBA post Lakers.

Thankfully for Phil, he found an owner willing to give him that power and control.

Jabare
05-07-2014, 02:20 PM

Tony Parker doesn't get enough respect. He's an elite Point Guard.

Russell Westbrook is a phenomenal athlete and talent. The knock on Westbrook is that he plays like a shooting guard and to be fair its kind of true, he isn't a pass first point guard. He played SG in college and he's the size of an NBA point guard.

But as far as basketball Legacy goes at this point in time Parker trumps Westbrook for all the reasons Taltos listed.

ExcelsiorPrime
05-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Tony Parker doesn't get enough respect. He's an elite Point Guard.

Russell Westbrook is a phenomenal athlete and talent. The knock on Westbrook is that he plays like a shooting guard and to be fair its kind of true, he isn't a pass first point guard. He played SG in college and he's the size of an NBA point guard.

But as far as basketball Legacy goes at this point in time Parker trumps Westbrook for all the reasons Taltos listed.

Oh I am agreeing with you. I think I muddled things up with my earlier post. I wasn't saying Parker was as good as Westbrook. I was saying he can do everything the OKC point guard can do and better.
And that for his skill level he is underrated--look at starting Point Guards for all-star games.

JDogindy
05-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Pacers just admitted they gave up on Andrew Bynum months ago, and have told him to stay away.

Is anybody gonna waste another million on that lardass next season? However, in the long list of Indiana's problems, he's towards the bottom because he hasn't been part of the freakin' team!

Sub-Zero MKA
05-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Pacers just admitted they gave up on Andrew Bynum months ago, and have told him to stay away.

Is anybody gonna waste another million on that lardass next season? However, in the long list of Indiana's problems, he's towards the bottom because he hasn't been part of the freakin' team!

Trust me; some sap will fall in love with his height and size and will sign The Mercenary to his customary 1 year, few million dollars contract.

JaggedFel
05-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Trust me; some sap will fall in love with his height and size and will sign The Mercenary to his customary 1 year, few million dollars contract.

True Enough.

Hiromi
05-07-2014, 03:02 PM

Because so far as the regular season goes he typically goes through hot spurts but at the end of the year he doesn't finish with top 5 player numbers
for instance this year he finished averaging 16.7 and 5.7(I don't really buy the winning games with his passing bit, he's a lifetime 6 assist a game player which isn't noteworthy for a PG at all, he's a scorer first and foremost), to put this in perspective Chris Paul finished with 19.1 and 10.7. The aforementioned Wall finished with 19.3 and 8.8.
It also doesn't help that he's struggled with injuries the last couple of years combined with Pops typical maintenance program(sidelined with no revealed or apparent injury)
then there's the style his team plays

It doesn't really take away from how "good" he is, but it does make it harder to compare him to other elite Guards in the league at the end of the season.

byc
05-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Gortat just killed somebody with that dunk!

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/M6UdXDKYz0v/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script> (https://vine.co/v/M6UdXDKYz0v/embed/simple?audio=1)

byc
05-07-2014, 04:37 PM
For anybody who cares...apparently good ol' Agent Zero, Gilbert Arenas, still considers himself a Wizard. I suppose he is, since he's still getting paid by the Wizards for that near max contract signed back in 2007 I think.

On Monday, he tweeted this:

Jonah Weiland
05-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Popping in here to say GO CLIPPERS! I don't expect a win in OKC today, but hope it's at least a close game. OKC will be fired up, especially KD. Should be good!

JaggedFel
05-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Truly Gilbert Arenas is great. Bynum should take note.s

Hiromi
05-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Wizards are falling into that old inexperienced trap, down by a manageable defecit, still plenty of time, and they start jacking up 3s.

JaggedFel
05-07-2014, 06:25 PM
A Hero Reborn? Like the Mighty Phoenix, he has risen anew from his own ashes.

Hiromi
05-07-2014, 06:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10896827/mark-jackson-happy-results-golden-state-warriors-upset-way-firing-handled

Mark Jackson's response

I have to say I'm curious, if Steve Kerr does take the job, will they demand he move from San Diego? Given that it's even further away than LA?

JaggedFel
05-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Not to mention will they hold him to the same standard that 50+ Wins aint enough and losing in the first round in not acceptable.