PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Rose(RWBY) replaces Korra (A:LoK)

TheLastDalek
04-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Ruby is transported to Republic City at the start of book 1. She is given the task of dealing with the City's problems in Korra's place. The local population are aware that a girl from another world has been bought in t do the Avatar's job.

How do things go.

Rod G
04-23-2015, 07:28 PM
Good question.

Since Ruby isn't a bender, I doubt Amon can depower her.

Siriel
04-23-2015, 07:51 PM
Team normal guys from Book 1 is hilariously screwed against her. Even the fact that she'll have to hold back to not kill them won't really help when she can KO them all just by running in their general direction.

Ruby vs Amon depends on if Amon is willing to bust out the bloodbending openly and if she knows he's a bloodbender and what that means.

If the first is a nope, she kicks his ass because his subtle manipulation won't cut it against someone he basically can't hurt and who's far faster than him.
If the first is a yes and the second a no, he bloodbends her and she has no real counter to it once it gets started.
If it's yes and yes, she should be able to take him by surprise and blitz him.

Book 2 gets epically derailed because there's no Avatar and my memory isn't good enough to tell what happens then, but correspondingly Book 3 and 4 just plain don't happen.

TheLastDalek
04-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Team normal guys from Book 1 is hilariously screwed against her. Even the fact that she'll have to hold back to not kill them won't really help when she can KO them all just by running in their general direction.

Ruby vs Amon depends on if Amon is willing to bust out the bloodbending openly and if she knows he's a bloodbender and what that means.

If the first is a nope, she kicks his ass because his subtle manipulation won't cut it against someone he basically can't hurt and who's far faster than him.
If the first is a yes and the second a no, he bloodbends her and she has no real counter to it once it gets started.
If it's yes and yes, she should be able to take him by surprise and blitz him.

Book 2 gets epically derailed because there's no Avatar and my memory isn't good enough to tell what happens then, but correspondingly Book 3 and 4 just plain don't happen.

Would Amon even try to directly deal with her. I mean he's savy enough to realise that his mooks wouldn't do well against her and he wouldn't be able to rally people against her like could against the Avatar

Siriel
04-24-2015, 11:30 AM
It's hard to start a revolution when you can't deal with the people stopping your revolution.

Agent Z
04-24-2015, 11:33 AM
Would Amon even try to directly deal with her. I mean he's savy enough to realise that his mooks wouldn't do well against her and he wouldn't be able to rally people against her like could against the Avatar

Plus she's probably be too fast for him.

TheLastDalek
04-24-2015, 12:16 PM
It's hard to start a revolution when you can't deal with the people stopping your revolution.

His goals don't necessarily require taking Ruby out considering that in the early going he wasn't being as direct about being a full blown revolution and Ruby might not specificly be looking to stop them until late on. Then again she does have a tendency to stumble onto this kind of stuff even when she isn't looking for it.

Siriel
04-24-2015, 07:15 PM
OP says she's given the task of dealing with the city's problems. That happens to be Amon's gang, so she would be looking for them.

TheLastDalek
04-25-2015, 04:25 AM
OP says she's given the task of dealing with the city's problems. That happens to be Amon's gang, so she would be looking for them.

She only has knowledge that the other characters would have and as far as every one was aware the Equalists were just a political movement until it became apparent that they were kidnapping people.