PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine Vs. Darth Sidious

Wrathblade
05-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Okay, I messed up my first ever post here. Sorry about that, read the rules and I think I've got it now.

So, the Siege Perilous rips open a portal in time and space and transports Wolverine to Coruscant sometime between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Wolverine lands on a speeder's roof, jumps off and through a window, bam! He's in Palpatine's chambers.

What goes down, how, and who wins?

master of read
05-01-2015, 05:10 PM
ok, this is better.

i think palp can blizt logan because some stories put him at blur speed but i'm not enough of a expert on him to really say.

choptop
05-01-2015, 05:19 PM
force lightning FTW.

Iron_Twister
05-01-2015, 05:20 PM
ok, this is better.

i think palp can blizt logan because some stories put him at blur speed but i'm not enough of a expert on him to really say.

Well, going by the ROTS novel and old EU: Palpatine is probably way too fast, with only Yoda and Mace using his Vaapad fighting style to its fullest use to match. While the films depict the Jedi Masters he killed as being rather slow, the novel made it clear they never had a chance (well, for Tinn and Kolar, who are killed in seconds. Fisto was lucky to defend himself until he got his head chopped off). Anakin, who can see and react to sublight movements, is utterly baffled as he saw both Palpatine and Mace as blurs to the point he at first thought he was blind for a moment before realizing this is happening.

Then in Dark Empire, in which he has a younger cloned body, he and Luke (well, stupid powerful EU Luke before he got even more powerful) both dueled at speeds that Leia (whose more or less slowly getting stronger in the force) said she can't see them.

...So unless I know more bout Logan (I kinda was one of those guys who had no interest in X-Men outside the 90s cartoon), this might be a possible thing.

Pendaran
05-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Well, going by the ROTS novel and old EU:

We don't especially go by such stuff, unless specified by the OP, especially for the whole "EU kaboom!" thing recently. We just go by what's shown in the flicks.

Sharpandpointies
05-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Okay, I messed up my first ever post here. Sorry about that, read the rules and I think I've got it now.

It's all good, man. You really should have seen some of my first posts here.

Iron_Twister
05-01-2015, 06:16 PM
We don't especially go by such stuff, unless specified by the OP, especially for the whole "EU kaboom!" thing recently. We just go by what's shown in the flicks.

True, just going through Palp's speed if we are touching EU stuff XD but yeah, up to the op to decide.

StupidMoniker
05-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Assuming Palpatine is in Palpatine's chambers (I don't imagine he is there the majority of the time), 616 Wolverine might be fast enough to blitz him before he can react. I think, given what Luke could do as a total noob in A New Hope, that it is more likely Logan finds himself briefly suspended in mid air before being unceremoniously defenestrated. This can be repeated as often as he wants to make his way back, or Sidious can just take him to a body of water somewhere and drown him.

Pendaran
05-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Given the prequels, if there's enough starting distance between them, he has some odds of frying Wolverine before Wolverine can get to him anywho. Or the TK, sure, which he's also shown to have, doesn't require dipping into the EU at all.

butterfingers158
05-01-2015, 06:33 PM
If we go with movie Palpatine only, Wolverine might be fast enough to cross the room and gut him before he gets fried.

If include everything that is in "current canon" for Star Wars (The six movies, Clone Wars animated show, Rebels animated show), Palpatine shows a lot more agility than in the movies and should win
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

If we bring in the old EU, Palpatine could move at relativistic speeds and create wormholes that destroy star fleets and he rofl stomps.

Welcome to rumbles btw

Anarchist
05-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Yes, I think we should not only include Movie Stuff by default, but the new canon in general.

And yes, I think Palpatine is too fast and agile, and ranged, for Wolverine to really be able to close the gap (his claws would surely best a lightsaber).

Hiromi
05-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Palpatine was strong enough to fling around the multiple large metal seating pods in the Senate room at once with enough force to severely mishap them, he's easily strong to lift Wolverine and smash him into the wall until unconsciousness and there really isn't anything Wolverine can do about it, and he's not fast enough to cross the starting distance before Palps can react.

Wrathblade
05-02-2015, 07:01 AM

Thanks, man.

Yes, I think we should not only include Movie Stuff by default, but the new canon in general.

And yes, I think Palpatine is too fast and agile, and ranged, for Wolverine to really be able to close the gap (his claws would surely best a lightsaber).

That's the thing: would Wolvie's claws cut through a lightsaber and would a lightsaber cut through adamanium?

I think a lighsaber would definitely cut through adamantium, but not claws through the lightsaber. But I still think Wolverine would have the advantage with his healing factor.

moonknight11
05-02-2015, 07:06 AM
Thanks, man.

That's the thing: would Wolvie's claws cut through a lightsaber and would a lightsaber cut through adamanium?

I think a lighsaber would definitely cut through adamantium, but not claws through the lightsaber. But I still think Wolverine would have the advantage with his healing factor.

Lightsabers took time to cut through metal doors far less durable than adamantium. I'm not seeing them do much of anything to Wolverine's claws/bones. Palapatine doesnt need a lightsaber though since (as others mentioned) TK can take care of Logan.

Powerboy
05-02-2015, 12:35 PM

Well, darn. Now I really feel guilty. Sorry to you from me too. Welcome to the board, Wrathblade, and thanks for the lesson that we should give people a fair chance.

So, the Siege Perilous rips open a portal in time and space and transports Wolverine to Coruscant sometime between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Wolverine lands on a speeder's roof, jumps off and through a window, bam! He's in Palpatine's chambers.

What goes down, how, and who wins?

Well, Wolverine has the element of surprise here- maybe. I'm really not that sure on how precognitive the Emperor is about everything. If we were to be absolutely literal about the Emperor's up close and personal fighting skills in the prequels, with a lightsaber, he might have problems if Wolverine is on him before he has a chance to do anything. In fact, real problems.

On the other hand, unless Wolverine gets a total surprise attack, it should go the other way.

I mean, if we are assuming that Wolverine jumps into the Emperor's headquarters and just attacks him for no reason or somehow knows exactly who he is while the Emperor has no precognitive warning, has no idea who Wolverine is and is taken totally by surprise, Wolverine could get him especially if he lands right in front of him.

If there is any distance between them and the Emperor gets the slightest chance to do anything, it should go the other way. In fact, I find it hard to believe that the Emperor couldn't react fast enough to at least use Force TK or whatever it's called to hold Wolverine back from slashing at him.

Powerboy
05-02-2015, 12:38 PM

No kidding. Considering some of my early posts, people have said it was just pure luck that I didn't get booted out of here before I had a chance to catch on. All in all, it's a good thing to give people more time to catch on.

And now, I'm done talking about that.

Powerboy
05-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Thanks, man.

That's a tough one. Lightsabers had a hard time cutting through that material that was really durable in episode one I think it was. They did it but very slowly. Meanwhile, adamantium has been shown to take hits from the Hulk and from Thor's hammer without a scratch though Thor seems to have developed Microscopic Vision for the sole purpose of claiming there was a small dent that even the most powerful microscopes could not detect. :) So my guess is that they could not cut through adamamtium.

master of read
05-02-2015, 12:48 PM
i'll join in on the sorry parade.

as well as saying my first posts were terri-bad. so it's all good. :D

Nik Hasta
05-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Agreeing with the majority over here, even movie Palpatine had pretty decent TK.

I'm not seeing a reason why he can't just bounce Wolverine around the Senate and then drop something suitably heavy on him for the win.

And, of course, welcome to Rumbles.

Pendaran
05-02-2015, 01:48 PM
That's a tough one. Lightsabers had a hard time cutting through that material that was really durable in episode one I think it was. They did it but very slowly. Meanwhile, adamantium has been shown to take hits from the Hulk and from Thor's hammer without a scratch though Thor seems to have developed Microscopic Vision for the sole purpose of claiming there was a small dent that even the most powerful microscopes could not detect. :) So my guess is that they could not cut through adamamtium.

It's not really that tough, lightsabers haven't insta cut through stuff at times, given the have taken time to eat away at things like those blast doors, whereas adamantium... yeah. It's certainly well more durable than some blast doors.

wjowski
05-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Sidious TKs him right back out the window.

Shortest Rumble ever.