PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Mundo vs Chris Benoit

choptop
05-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Johnny Mundo vs Chris Benoit in a wwe match who wins?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctxobIgXOok

Beadle
05-04-2015, 03:13 PM
In a WWE match? Well in that case it's the guy who actually held a legitimate World Title in WWE (and no, WWECW doesn't count... especially since that title was supposed to go to Benoit anyway, and Johnny Nitro / John Morrison only won it because Benoit was busy staying home and murdering his family at the time he was supposed to be winning it).

Mundo would win the "Who has the best slow-motion hair?" competition, or the "Who has the craziest spots in Royal Rumble, MitB and Elimination Chamber matches?"

But Benoit was a higher echelon of superstar.

choptop
05-04-2015, 03:44 PM
In a WWE match?

what i mean is a WWE match as in wwe rules not how wwe would book it.

The MunchKING
05-04-2015, 04:38 PM
In a WWE match? Well in that case it's the guy who actually held a legitimate World Title in WWE (and no, WWECW doesn't count... especially since that title was supposed to go to Benoit anyway, and Johnny Nitro / John Morrison only won it because Benoit was busy staying home and murdering his family at the time he was supposed to be winning it).

Oh "Johnny Mundo" is John Morrison??

Yeah he's going to get eaten by the Rabid Wolverine. His Crossface is about to get crippled. Morrison had the crazy spots, but Benoit was just crazy.

"Who has the craziest spots in Royal Rumble, MitB and Elimination Chamber matches?"

He may have had the crazier spots, but Benoit actually WON those kinds of matches.

TheLastDalek
05-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Oh "Johnny Mundo" is John Morrison??

Yeah he's going to get eaten by the Rabid Wolverine. His Crossface is about to get crippled. Morrison had the crazy spots, but Benoit was just crazy.

He may have had the crazier spots, but Benoit actually WON those kinds of matches.

Shouldn't Jonny Mondo effectively be considered a different character than Morrison.

wjowski
05-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Eh, if you count Morrison's ECW title win (and to be fair it was treated as a legitimate world title at the time) their records in the WWE are about the same. Upper-midcarders who won a bunch of upper-midcarder titles.

But since Morrison has yet to commit a murder-suicide I'm favoring him.

The MunchKING
05-04-2015, 05:04 PM
Shouldn't Jonny Mondo effectively be considered a different character than Morrison.

Probably, but I never watched Lucha Underground, so I have no idea about Junny Mundo's feats. I've seen quite a bit of Morrison.

Eh, if you count Morrison's ECW title win (and to be fair it was treated as a legitimate world title at the time) their records in the WWE are about the same. Upper-midcarders who won a bunch of upper-midcarder titles.

He made TRIPLE H and SHAWN MICHEALS tap out. Triple H was even at WrestleMania!! Triple H, the guy who loses less often than SuperCena, actually had to tap out at WRESTLEMANIA to the Crippler Crossface!

That's far more impressive than anything I've seen Morrison do.

Iron_Twister
05-04-2015, 05:09 PM
I admit, Morrison is damn good, but Benoit was just a beast in the ring with excellent technical skills who gave great matches and really gave the impression he could cripple his opponents with the crossface...That being said, it just makes everything bout him that much more tragic.

Yeah, I mean I respect what he does in the ring and that this was once a man who had good friends...But in the end, he really fell apart by the seams, and his final acts were just plain awful. Hell, just typing this really makes me feel like I'm crossing a line here in my head.

Reading both of Jericho's books with parts regarding Benoit really puts me on a hollow feeling at times, as bad as recalling the things the E did when Eddie Guerrero died.

But yeah, on topic, Benoit takes this after Morrison gives a fight.

wjowski
05-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Probably, but I never watched Lucha Underground, so I have no idea about Junny Mundo's feats. I've seen quite a bit of Morrison.

He made TRIPLE H and SHAWN MICHEALS tap out. Triple H was even at WrestleMania!! Triple H, the guy who loses less often than SuperCena, actually had to tap out at WRESTLEMANIA to the Crippler Crossface!

That's far more impressive than anything I've seen Morrison do.

Keep in mind that was a three-way match, so it's not like he beat the guy one-on-one like, say, Daniel Bryan. Also Triple H's win record at Wrestlemania isn't really all that impressive.

master of read
05-04-2015, 05:27 PM
mundo does have the advantage of superior agility and athleticism, (that match he had with angelico was fantastic) but benoit has better stamina, endurance, technical skills, and tenacity.

i can see mundo taking over the first part of the match but benoit can and will wear him down and outlast him. only 2 people could hang with him on all levels and one of them is dead.

wjowski
05-04-2015, 05:29 PM
On a tangential note it's good to see Morrison's back in the game again. Hope he's doing alright at Lucha Underground.

master of read
05-04-2015, 05:31 PM
On a tangential note it's good to see Morrison's back in the game again. Hope he's doing alright at Lucha Underground.

oh he's doing awesome. he's actually gotten so much better and has become one of LU's top guys.

Iron_Twister
05-04-2015, 05:32 PM
oh he's doing awesome. he's actually gotten so much better and has become one of LU's top guys.

God, that's awesome.

Also saw a few matches of LU, excellent stuff.

master of read
05-04-2015, 05:36 PM
God, that's awesome.

Also saw a few matches of LU, excellent stuff.

LU is a great alternative to the E right now. better matches, better wrestling, better stars, and better booking. mexican vince always makes me smile. (i know he has name but i prefer to call him mexican vince)

master of read
05-04-2015, 05:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjCeyQnmpuo

nuff said.

Iron_Twister
05-04-2015, 05:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjCeyQnmpuo

nuff said.

...Holy mother of god. O_O

master of read
05-04-2015, 05:43 PM
...Holy mother of god. O_O

if you didn't know the name angelico, you know it now.

Iron_Twister
05-04-2015, 05:46 PM
if you didn't know the name angelico, you know it now.

Yeah, gonna watch more matches this week. XD