PDA

View Full Version : Psylocke VS Cass Cain

Kuro
05-04-2015, 11:48 PM
It just occurred to me that Psylocke almost never gets any attention here.

How does she do against the Batgirl?

If this is a curbstomp, I apologize in advance. Honestly have no idea how fast/powerful Psylocke is, but I do know Cass Cain is absurdly fast/skilled.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-05-2015, 12:03 AM
It's a blitz, unfortunately.

If it wasn't, it'd be a reverse stomp for Psylocke. She'd just shut Cass down with telepathy.

Sharpandpointies
05-05-2015, 02:12 AM
From 100', I'm pretty sure Psylocke can shut her down.

Close range, Cass via blitz sounds about right.

Tanrage
05-05-2015, 05:54 AM
From 100', I'm pretty sure Psylocke can shut her down.

Close range, Cass via blitz sounds about right.
Does Cass have any throwing feats? she might be able to pull a mutual KO if so, launching a batarang or whatever before getting mind-fragged.

Sharpandpointies
05-05-2015, 06:33 AM
She has some ridiculous throwing feats. A couple of examples.

1. Joker is about to shoot someone in the head. Cass throws a batarang that sticks into the wall between him and his target, timed exactly to when the Joker is about to shoot, so that the Batarang is there to take the hit but arrives well-after the Joker has begun to fire (otherwise surely he would have simply changed his aim)...also, consider the size of the batarang and how well she'd have to predict his aim AND place the batarang to have it where it would make a difference;

2. Cass, mid-leap from a building, catches a shuriken thrown at her and returns it to the thrower, a guy capable of casually beating the snot out of Robin and giving a half-decent fight to Nightwing. She throws the shuriken in such a way that it sinks into his femoral artery, such that having it in his leg weakens him, but pulling it out would cause him to bleed out immediately;

3. Cass throws shuriken (again, collected from other people throwing them) that lop off one League of Assassin member's little finger and another League member's earlobe, said people being hidden in trees some fifty feet away;

4. Cass throws a batarang at three guys firing guns. That single batarang throw disarms all three men;

5. Cass throws a batarang in such a way and timed so that it gets caught between the falling hammer and frame of a revolver, jamming it (yes, the batarang actually gets stuck between hammer and frame of the pistol, something only possible if it arrived JUST as the hammer were falling...and even then, it's rather wacky). The timing and accuracy of this is insane.

Furthermore, Cass has done stuff like 'throw batarang at gunman some 30' away, realize (through body-reading) the batarang isn't going to make it in time, THEN sprint forward and arrive before her batarang does.' Having her do that over 100' seems a bit of a stretch, but.

How well throwing stuff will work on Psylocke - who has solid aim-dodging skills and the like - is up for grabs. However, if Cass can accurately ping a decent street-leveller's femoral artery with a shuriken while falling from a building, one assumes she can do similar things while sprinting forward (like all of the Bat-crew, really - they all run around/flip about tossing stuff with their usual level of accuracy). So I guess one could make an argument for Cass charging forward at ridonkulous speed, throwing stuff ahead of herself that forces Betsy to focus fully on 'getting out of the way' rather than 'shutting Cass down'.

Assuming Psylocke doesn't have TK of course (I have no idea, the character seems to change a lot). If she does, well, TK shield, Cass becomes Betsy's somewhat soft and fragile wrecking ball for use against the unforgiving arena walls.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-05-2015, 09:31 AM
She does, at current.

Sharpandpointies
05-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Then splatto.

Figure that Psylocke has reflexes beyond that of a normal human (she aim-dodges, fights with other comic martial artists, etc). Cass' or her projectiles, they'd need to be going about Mach speed to reach Psylocke in ~0.1 seconds, which isn't that far off where human reaction times legitimately start (setting aside 'getting used to the test', 'lucky outliers', etc).

Since I don't figure Cass or her Batarangs are going nearly that fast...Betsy thinks 'Shield', everything incoming bounces, then Cass gets introduced to the wall.

And since we're talking 'Cass as Batgirl', she doesn't get her Cass-umi gear.

Can't win 'em all! :)

Anarchist
05-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Funny side-fact:
During AvX Psylocke fought Daredevil.

It was a bad showing for either sides.
For Daredevil because he forgot his superior speed, for Betsy because her telepathy got 'overloaded' by Matt's senses, however that's supposed to work.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Interestingly enough, Psylocke had a period of time where she was teleporting/hiding in shadows and her astral form was a shadow thing. Crimson Dawn Psylock (the red tattoo under her left eye). Trade off was telepathy- she was using it all to contain the Shadow King- but that's when she first received her TK..

Wasn't particularly powerful, so in a scenario at least there'd be a chance for Cass to not get TKstroyed.

Funny side-fact:

For Daredevil because he forgot his superior speed, for Betsy because her telepathy got 'overloaded' by Matt's senses, however that's supposed to work.

I could see it. His senses are on the level of "I hear heartbeats blocks away" if she read his mind, she'd be getting his sensory input as well, which would be a hell of a lot more than what she's used to.

Granted, Besty kind of has a track record of using her telepathy on some "not quite weak" opponents, so ... it doesn't make too much sense, yea.

KingEli
05-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Funny side-fact:

She got overwhelmed by Matt's suffering.

And holy crap Matt was an Avenger?

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-05-2015, 10:19 AM
AvX was basically Civil War, but between Wolverine and Cyclops. Wolverine's side was literally everyone that wasn't stupid, or insane. Or following Cyclops.

Anarchist
05-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Which still isn't true and you know it, Wolverine in particular was as stupid/blood-thirsty as always ;)

And yes, DD was an Avenger, albeit for a very short time (and that's good, he works better alone or in occasional team-ups).

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Which still isn't true and you know it, Wolverine in particular was as stupid/blood-thirsty as always ;)

He was still saner than Cyclops in that arc.

"THE PHOENIX IS A GOOD GUY GUYS!"

"... No Scott. No it's really not."

"Get off my lawn Steve! *zark*"

Anarchist
05-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Well, the whole point in the end was that Cyclops was right.
No, the Phoenix is not 'good', just as Galactus is not 'good', it's a force of nature, but it didn't come to earth to fight, it wanted to re-ignite the X-Gen.
The fight started because Tony used his BFG on it.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Well, the whole point in the end was that Cyclops was right.
No, the Phoenix is not 'good', just as Galactus is not 'good', it's a force of nature, but it didn't come to earth to fight, it wanted to re-ignite the X-Gen.
The fight started because Tony used his BFG on it.

Nah.

Fight started because Cyclops was a crazy idiot. The Phoenix Force was busting planets on its way to Earth, there was literally no reason to expect what Cyclops just so happened to get right, after, y'know, killing a shit ton of people. Like literally, he killed more people than were re-ignited by the X-Gene.

StupidMoniker
05-05-2015, 11:02 AM
DD is good in small street level groups like Ultimate Marvel Knights (where he teamed with Spidey, Moon Knight, Shang Chi, Iron Fist, and a very weak Doctor Strange).

KingEli
05-05-2015, 03:04 PM
He was still saner than Cyclops in that arc.

"THE PHOENIX IS A GOOD GUY GUYS!"

"... No Scott. No it's really not."

"Get off my lawn Steve! *zark*"

Goddammit, AvX sucked hard.

Was there ANY reason why the heroes just teamed up?
"Hey Cap, this is Quasar. We got the Phoenix Force coming your way."
"Phoenix Force? Logan you dealt with that, 1-10, how much of a threat is?"
"Watch this. *Turns on comm* Hey Summers."
"Fuck you, Logan."
"Yeah, sure. Listen, Phoenix Force is back and coming to Earth."
"...............Shit."
"All of the X-Men?"
"All of them. Cap, you Avengers in?"
"We're in, hell we'll get the reserves."
"Great, Cyclops out."

heretic
05-05-2015, 04:53 PM
100' and Betsy knows Cass is there?
Telepathy: Ms Cain takes a nap about 5-15 feet away from her foe.
TK: Ms. Braddock has little finesse, but reducing someone to a smear with something omnidirectional does not require any.

Mind you, if Psylocke tries to mick it up in close the stompage is in the other direction.

MidTierHero
05-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Psylocke 10/10.