PDA

View Full Version : They go on a blind date: Revy "Two Hands" Lee and Peter Parker

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Balilaka wants "Rebecca" to scope out Marvel New York for potential cash and grab businesses for Roanapur so she visits with a old english mentor and friend by the name May Parker(Who doesn't know her true profession) back when Balilaka's was rising in the criminal world but still had a heart prior to her current self. She convinces May that Peter and Two Hands should get aquatinted due to both of their awkward social personalities as well as both of them having difficulties getting dates but in secret, Revy can gather secret police intell on the crime syndicates in New York for their own rise in power back home. May agrees after she sees Revy(who is faking being a well adjusted woman with considerable rough spunk minus the swearing) and Peter(who is clueless but goes along with it to make Aunt May happy) reluctantly being accepting towards each other due to Peter being super clumsy and talkative and Revy struggling not to cuss out the guy for being a annoying doormat nerd but holds her words and is simply blunt towards the guy, she thinks it's cute. Both don't know their true nature(One's a superhero and the other is a Criminal) which could mean disaster in the end, but that could change if Peter or Revy see the best out each other, and might not try to kill each other due to having a compromise on the other's good qualities. But first they must explore new York, with Peter showing Revy around the Big Apple and as any other date is able to give her the time of her life without exposing himself. Could Revy push through the fake formalites and achieve her adjective or does she as well fall for the parker charm but in the process becomes more of her old self when piecing together who Parker really is but gains a sense of kindness due to his sense of honor, respect and determination which could jeopardize the mission.

-Both characters must not know each others identities
-Rock and MJ are merely friends to the two
-The villians of Spiderman and Black Lagoon also make an appearance
-The Date must last till night fall
-Bonus: Revy and Spiderman team up to fight Venom teamed up with Roberta

So go nuts.

master of read
05-12-2015, 07:05 PM
i think revy might not the best fit for peter.

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 07:08 PM
i think revy might not the best fit for peter.Use you're imagination to make it work. Peter has a a lot of similarities with Rock and Benny. Minus the Moral Allignments, they'd be compatible based on Revy's relationships from cannon.

Guy1
05-12-2015, 07:08 PM
i think revy might not the best fit for peter.

Yeah, Revy has serious issues and is usually swearing up a storm. They wouldn't get along. Not to mention, Revy has killed....a lot of people.

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Yeah, Revy has serious issues and is usually swearing up a storm. They wouldn't get along. Not to mention, Revy has killed....a lot of people.So has Wolverine, Peter doesn't mind him. And like rock, Peter should know how to level with the woman, granted he's not telling jokes 24/7 but has that ever been a detriment when Parker's dated anyone?

Peter also has serious issues, but he's still one of the most strong willed and hopeful people in the Marvel U.

master of read
05-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Yeah, Revy has serious issues and is usually swearing up a storm. They wouldn't get along. Not to mention, Revy has killed....a lot of people.

like a lot of issues. peter would see her more like a female punisher.

master of read
05-12-2015, 07:34 PM
So has Wolverine, Peter doesn't mind him. And like rock, Peter should know how to level with the woman, granted he's not telling jokes 24/7 but has that ever been a detriment when Parker's dated anyone?

Peter also has serious issues, but he's still one of the most strong willed and hopeful people in the Marvel U.

yeah, peter has issues. being raped by a cop and then killing her boozed out father? not something he can deal with.

Guy1
05-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Honestly, Deadpool would be a great drinking buddy for Revy.

master of read
05-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Honestly, Deadpool would be a great drinking buddy for Revy.

and maybe a one night stand.

what? wade gets around.

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 08:10 PM
yeah, peter has issues. being raped by a cop and then killing her boozed out father? not something he can deal with.Again, issues now matter how small can correlate with another, Rock has less of a tragic backstory yet he can connect with her on an emotional level. Plus Revy has a sense of humor, something Peter can relate towards.

master of read
05-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Again, issues now matter how small can correlate with another. Plus Revy has a sense of humor, something Peter can relate towards.

revy's humor more "i shot a guy in the ass and i laughed" humor. peter wouldn't go for that.

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 08:26 PM
revy's humor more "i shot a guy in the ass and i laughed" humor. peter wouldn't go for that.Peter might think it's funny, if it's Wolverine or Jonah. Still thinks of funny stuff with killers like Punisher and even laughed at Deadpool being shot by hit monkey.

KingEli
05-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Considering Revy being....well Revy and Peter's luck sometimes swinging towards the absurd, this ends with take your pick:

-Revy getting into a gunfight with The Punisher, Spidey webs them up, Johnny Storm laughs at him.
-Revy & Lagoon Company getting into a gunfight with Silver Sable & The Wild Pack, Spidey webs Lagoon Company up, Johnny Storm laughs at him.
-Revy getting into a gunfight with Kingpin's goons, Spidey webs them up, Johnny Storm laughs at him.

And there you have it. Revy WILL get into a gunfight, Peter WILL web her up and The Torch WILL laugh at him.

Guy1
05-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Considering Revy being....well Revy and Peter's luck sometimes swinging towards the absurd, this ends with take your pick:

-Revy getting into a gunfight with The Punisher, Spidey webs them up, Johnny Storm laughs at him.
-Revy & Lagoon Company getting into a gunfight with Silver Sable & The Wild Pack, Spidey webs Lagoon Company up, Johnny Storm laughs at him.
-Revy getting into a gunfight with Kingpin's goons, Spidey webs them up, Johnny Storm laughs at him.

And there you have it. Revy WILL get into a gunfight, Peter WILL web her up and The Torch WILL laugh at him.

Daily Bugle Headline: Pirates start gunfights with mobsters in New York. Spider-Man to blame.

master of read
05-12-2015, 08:45 PM

Daily Bugle Headline: Pirates start gunfights with mobsters in New York. Spider-Man to blame.

pretty much these.

KingEli
05-12-2015, 08:45 PM

It's more like:
"SPIDER-MAN LEADS PIRATES TO MENACE NYC. JJJ SPEAKS OUT ON THREAT OF WEB-SLINGER."

Guy1
05-12-2015, 08:47 PM
It's more like:
"SPIDER-MAN LEADS PIRATES TO MENACE NYC. JJJ SPEAKS OUT ON THREAT OF WEB-SLINGER."

He's a menace! ;)

jimishim12

And there you have it. Revy WILL get into a gunfight, Peter WILL web her up and The Torch WILL laugh at him.Or Revy stops shooting at Spidey when she sees Spider-Man fighting the Punisher at speeds that she can't comprehend. Revy does the reasonable choice, puts her guns away, apologizes at Spidey for shooting at him, Peter forgives her, Revy gives him a chance at a date since he's a nice guy, they both take turns pranking johnny storm or Revy shoots at his feet causing him to dance making Peter laugh.

End.

master of read
and silk comes in and tries to bang peter on top of the webbed up lagoon.

Iron_Twister
05-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Yeah, this is kind of one of those things where it sounds like it works...But looking into both characters it just doesn't.

While Revy mostly killed assholes who deserve to get shot, she's not really any better. While she has some moments she comes off as a decent human being (and I'm stretching when I say that), those are pretty damn rare, and a lot of her darker moments are much more prominent to her character. Also, she's just plain doesn't give a damn who she shoots up.

Peter at his core, no matter how much crap he takes, is mostly that of a good person who tries hard to keep things that way. He makes mistakes (and yes, they were big ass blunders) but he rides through with it while still trying to do good.

Rock may be close to Revy in a sense but he never dealt with having powers he could used for good and only got the message when a important figure in his life died like Peter did. Ben Parker's death is a core element of what made Peter what he is and Rock never had that sort of thing. I mean...I can honestly see Revy seeing something she considers a typical death as not worth the motivation...And that won't sit well with Peter. Spider-Man may be wise cracking snarking smartass but he does have standards especially when out of costume.

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Daily Bugle Headline: Pirates start gunfights with mobsters in New York. Spider-Man to blame.Peter doesn't work at the bugle anymore in my scenario.

Guy1
05-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Peter doesn't work at the bugle anymore in my scenario.

Doesn't mean Jonah won't print headlines.

master of read
05-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Yeah, this is kind of one of those things where it sounds like it works...But looking into both characters it just doesn't.

While Revy mostly killed assholes who deserve to get shot, she's not really any better. While she has some moments she comes off as a decent human being (and I'm stretching when I say that), those are pretty damn rare, and a lot of her darker moments are much more prominent to her character. Also, she's just plain doesn't give a damn who she shoots up.

Peter at his core, no matter how much crap he takes, is mostly that of a good person who tries hard to keep things that way. He makes mistakes (and yes, they were big ass blunders) but he rides through with it while still trying to do good.

Rock may be close to Revy in a sense but he never dealt with having powers he could used for good and only got the message when a important figure in his life died like Peter did. Ben Parker's death is a core element of what made Peter what he is and Rock never had that sort of thing. I mean...I can honestly see Revy seeing something she considers a typical death as not worth the motivation...And that won't sit well with Peter. Spider-Man may be wise cracking snarking smartass but he does have standards especially when out of costume.

it came up in spider-verse when ock-spidey, killer-spidey, and spidergirl were planning to kill the inheritors and peter, despite the fact that they were hunting and killing them all across reality, didn't believe that killing them would work.

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 08:54 PM

Rock may be close to Revy in a sense but he never dealt with having powers he could used for good and only got the message when a important figure in his life died like Peter did. Ben Parker's death is a core element of what made Peter what he is and Rock never had that sort of thing. I mean...I can honestly see Revy seeing something she considers a typical death as not worth the motivation...And that won't sit well with Peter. Spider-Man may be wise cracking snarking smartass but he does have standards especially when out of costume.Al of them can relate towards being good people under convenience and end up playing the heroes rather than the villians. Your talking about a guy who teams up with killers(from Deadpool to Wolverine) to save the day and find out they can be friends as well as allies towards someone as righteous as Peter. His differences won't make them any less uncanny than those he usually works with more grim views than his own, he finds the good in anyone just like Cap and is indomitable in being friendly.

Guy1
05-12-2015, 08:55 PM
That reminds me, I want to see Revy and Rock meet Squirrel Girl. ;)

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 08:56 PM
it came up in spider-verse when ock-spidey, killer-spidey, and spidergirl were planning to kill the inheritors and peter, despite the fact that they were hunting and killing them all across reality, didn't believe that killing them would work.Again he's worked with professional killers like Silver Sable and Natasha too stop a similar cause of threat. And Wolverine is one of his best friends, he's killed in front of Peter and Peter didn't agree but he didn't have a strong objection towards it.

master of read
05-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Again he's worked with professional killers like Silver Sable and Natasha too stop a similar cause of threat. And Wolverine is one of his best friends, he's killed in front of Peter and Peter didn't agree but he didn't have a strong objection towards it.

but revy aint logan. logan is relatively well adjusted for someone as long lived and who's been through so much shit. revy..............is still screwed up.

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 09:01 PM
That reminds me, I want to see Revy and Rock meet Squirrel Girl. ;)They'd be pwned by Tippy toe for being Debbie downers and edge lords, and would join Peter in making their life better or die trying.

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 09:02 PM
but revy aint logan. logan is relatively well adjusted for someone as long lived and who's been through so much shit. revy..............is still screwed up.No she's not, well not based on what she was before the beginning. She's just cynical and realistic with a bit of affinity for kids as of now, but far the monster she was thanks to Rock. Revy and Logan were selfish and ruthless killers with no intrest in being close to people or friendly, but they changed when the right sort of peoplecame in their lives and had given them some light to their dark hearts. Thats the point of Black Lagoon, humanity is still existent even in the darkest of hearts, ironically Rock is matching the darkness that she and the cast possessed before hand.

Peter can make her better person or get her to like him if Rock of all people can, he's basically nerdy jesus. Loki of all people likes Peter.

Guy1
05-12-2015, 09:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gey4MNgteK4

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 09:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gey4MNgteK4Check current chapters. Especially with the Arc with Washimine arc. Rock is Peter Parker without the powers and the goofy one liners.

Guy1
05-12-2015, 09:13 PM
I still don't see her and Peter working out. Maybe some respect and part amicably, but not working out.

master of read
05-12-2015, 09:16 PM
I still don't see her and Peter working out. Maybe some respect and part amicably, but not working out.

ditto. some pairs just don't work, sadly.

jimishim12
05-12-2015, 09:24 PM
I still don't see her and Peter working out. Maybe some respect and part amicably, but not working out.I disagree, I think it as Black Cat and Spidey with a more badass action movie element to it.

The Drunkard Kid
05-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Honestly, about fifteen minutes into the fate he'll probably excuse himself to go to the bathroom, then try and call Wolverine to tell him to come pick up his long lost daughter.

master of read
05-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Honestly, about fifteen minutes into the fate he'll probably excuse himself to go to the bathroom, then try and call Wolverine to tell him to come pick up his long lost daughter.

well, he'd certainly be a better dad to revy than her own.

jimishim12
05-13-2015, 01:02 AM
Honestly, about fifteen minutes into the fate he'll probably excuse himself to go to the bathroom, then try and call Wolverine to tell him to come pick up his long lost daughter.Why would he do that, Revy is not going to make Parker give up on trying to be friends with her. He's friends with Hulk because of this.

heretic
05-13-2015, 02:53 AM

That's... a pretty low bar.

I mean we are talking Ikari Gendo spontaneously giving "You are a Bad Father and your should feel bad" speeches low.

Anything this side of Guts' or Ninjette's fathers would be an improvement.

The Drunkard Kid
05-13-2015, 09:16 AM

That's... a pretty low bar.

I mean we are talking Ikari Gendo spontaneously giving "You are a Bad Father and your should feel bad" speeches low.

Anything this side of Guts' or Ninjette's fathers would be an improvement.

Welllll, while Logan is arguably the best adopted dad in Marvel, his track record with his own kids is that he was unaware of any of them and ended up being manipulated into killing all of them except for X-23. When Laura Kinney is your most stable scion, you might not want to hang up that Father of the Year plaque.

Dark Soul # 7
05-13-2015, 03:07 PM
While I'm not that familiar with Revy, I really need to watch the anime, the stuff I have seen makes her out to be quite too unstable for Peter. He can deal with crazy friends and the like but in a relationship he is actually looking for something stable and normal, to balance out his own weird ass life. Revy ain't that.

jimishim12
05-14-2015, 12:39 PM
While I'm not that familiar with Revy, I really need to watch the anime, the stuff I have seen makes her out to be quite too unstable for Peter. He can deal with crazy friends and the like but in a relationship he is actually looking for something stable and normal, to balance out his own weird ass life. Revy ain't that.He's friends with Wade, Loki, and used to date a thief who's done her fair share of killing people, this will work out fine. Revy also despite running a violent professional lifestyle, she lives like a normal person outside the jobs with the Lagoon Company for someone of her character and besides sleeping, does excerise, hanging out with friends, and she fishes with the crew.

I see them swapping stories about MJ and Rock, Johnny and Eda, and then the bosses they complain over. They have a lot in common then they care to admit.

master of read
05-14-2015, 12:55 PM
He's friends with Wade, Loki, and used to date a thief who's done her fair share of killing people, this will work out fine. Revy also despite running a violent professional lifestyle, she lives like a normal person outside the jobs with the Lagoon Company for someone of her character and besides sleeping, does excerise, hanging out with friends, and she fishes with the crew.

I see them swapping stories about MJ and Rock, Johnny and Eda, and then the bosses they complain over. They have a lot in common then they care to admit.

it's not just the fact that she kills people. it's the fact that she's screwed up emotionally. friend? maybe. something more? nope.

Dark Soul # 7
05-14-2015, 02:00 PM
He's friends with Wade, Loki
Spider-man is not friends with Deadpool. He, like most of the Marvel universe, tolerates Wade because he often runs into Wade when their goals are similar enough.

And he is most certainly not friends with Loki. They ate hot dogs together in one story and Loki owes him a favor, an aspect that was never brought up ever again, and that's about it. That's not a friendship.

and used to date a thief who's done her fair share of killing people, this will work out fine. Revy also despite running a violent professional lifestyle, she lives like a normal person outside the jobs with the Lagoon Company for someone of her character and besides sleeping, does excerise, hanging out with friends, and she fishes with the crew.
Generic stuff that in no way would suggest that they would be a good couple or even hit it off that well. They probably won't hate each other but I doubt that there would be a second date.

master of read
05-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Spider-man is not friends with Deadpool. He, like most of the Marvel universe, tolerates Wade because he often runs into Wade when their goals are similar enough.

And he is most certainly not friends with Loki. They ate hot dogs together in one story and Loki owes him a favor, an aspect that was never brought up ever again, and that's about it. That's not a friendship.

Generic stuff that in no way would suggest that they would be a good couple or even hit it off that well. They probably won't hate each other but I doubt that there would be a second date.

deadpool has few people he can actually call friends. spidey is not one of them.

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
05-14-2015, 02:46 PM
deadpool has few people he can actually call friends. spidey is not one of them.

Being Deadpool's friend is generally worse than being his enemy. He believes that people only want to be his friends because they want to use him... It's honestly more of a gamble being his friend, than it is being his enemy.

There's exceptions to this rule. But generally speaking "frenemies" is more accurate.

master of read
05-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Being Deadpool's friend is generally worse than being his enemy. He believes that people only want to be his friends because they want to use him... It's honestly more of a gamble being his friend, than it is being his enemy.

There's exceptions to this rule. But generally speaking "frenemies" is more accurate.

hence my statement. :D

Len Ikari145
05-14-2015, 03:08 PM
it's not just the fact that she kills people. it's the fact that she's screwed up emotionally. friend? maybe. something more? nope.

Yeah, the only reason Rock gets through to her is because he's pretty much accepted her lifestyle and acclimated himself to it, while trying to remind her that she's still human and curb some of her bloodlust. Pete might sympathize, but he won't condone what she does for a living.

The Drunkard Kid
05-14-2015, 04:25 PM
Basically, even if Spidey is friends with Wolverine, he doesn't really want to date him, even if he started walking around in denim cutoffs everywhere.

The fact that she'd probably end up cursing out Aunt May is probably another deal breaker.

master of read
05-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Basically, even if Spidey is friends with Wolverine, he doesn't really want to date him, even if he started walking around in denim cutoffs everywhere.

The fact that she'd probably end up cursing out Aunt May is probably another deal breaker.

oh that would be a deal breaker. and knowing revy, she'd do it in a heart beat.

master of read
06-20-2015, 11:03 AM
you're still at this?

Dark Soul # 7
06-20-2015, 11:38 AM
He can deal with crazy, he's dealt with Harry, Wade, and Hulk. Peter gives people a chance, he's not Steve Rogers and constantly opposes others characteristics with his own.
Dealt with and date are far from the same thing. Note that Peter has no desire to date any of those three.

He's friends with Harry for ages and Harry's occasional insanity is brought on by outside elements. So it's only natural that Peter would continue to be his friend.
He tolerate's Wade. Nothing more.
Spidey and Hulk are ok with each other most of the time. But Spider-man has attacked Hulk multiple times when he thought the worst. They're not exactly the first, second, third or even 20th person either of them would turn to in a crisis if given the choice.

Deadpool sees Spidey as a friend and a idol. Spidey sees wade as a decent guy when he's not ripping off his jokes and killing people randomly. Peter works with a lot of people with goals similar to his but end up being his friend because he's always friendly and helpful. Peter doesn't see people he works with as work associates either, he considers them comrades if not friends because they deserve the benefit of the doubt and finds they are good. Punisher even had Spidey believe in him once.
Spider-man wouldn't mind taking down Punisher, has tried a few times. But he doesn't put any actual effort into catching Frank because there are bigger problems out there. Don't read too much into it.

It's still an interaction that shows a indication they are friends because despite being a villain for Thor, Loki never seems to harass Peter like other outside villians do other than his rouges.
First thing Peter did when seeing Loki was to attack him, Loki literally just appeared and Peter started punching him simply because he's Loki. That didn't work and they were attacked. So to solve the case they did a team up thing. Simple as that.

Loki doesn't harass Peter simply because Peter is beneath his notice.

You guys are no fun, you know that?
We're an acquired taste.

Len Ikari145
06-20-2015, 11:40 AM
you're still at this?

-_-* What I was going to say...

Dude, he's not into bloodthirsty, deranged psycho girls. Nothing in his vast harem has suggested that he would ever be into bloodthirsty, deranged psycho girls.

Guy1
06-20-2015, 11:51 AM
jimishim12 that is enough. This behavior is not cool at all. You will cease posting in this thread and on Marvel threads until further notice.

jimishim12 you are still barred from posting in Marvel related threads, which this counts as. Cease and desist at once.

master of read
06-20-2015, 11:57 AM
-_-* What I was going to say...

Dude, he's not into bloodthirsty, deranged psycho girls. Nothing in his vast harem has suggested that he would ever be into bloodthirsty, deranged psycho girls.

pretty much. every suggested couple that gets posted doesn't always end up being made. i mean, i tried to hook up korra with hana from "worst". wasn't a good idea then. damn sure not a good idea now.

Guy1
06-20-2015, 12:18 PM
pretty much. every suggested couple that gets posted doesn't always end up being made. i mean, i tried to hook up korra with hana from "worst". wasn't a good idea then. damn sure not a good idea now.

Agreed. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQvBByN0jAY)
tencars

Guy1
06-20-2015, 12:18 PM
So are we about done here?

master of read
06-20-2015, 12:46 PM
said what i needed to say.

Guy1
06-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Alright. Think I'm going to go ahead and close this.