PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones on Skull Island (2005 King Kong)

kingmyth
05-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Would Indiana Jones have what it takes to survive on Skull Island and to collect some rare treasure.

Whats his chance of survival on the Island?.

Powerboy
05-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Better than average if he knows what he's up against.

Since it's a scenario, anything could happen. If he gets the sort of lucky breaks he gets in his movies, he certainly has a better chance than other people who have survived there.

The Chou Lives
05-15-2015, 06:27 PM
Indy is ebst as a character if he knows what to look for, a reason he is there and knows what he is dealing with.

In the first two movies, Indy does good because he KNOWS what the hell is going on, and his enemies are human. And dumb luck 9Side kick in Temple for sure.)

In third he had to get the steps right in his father's notes to survive the traps.

Fourth? Just... Awful, such a non Jones movie, but there it was the sheer plot device of the Crystal Skull itsel fand the (then) crazy guy who took jounery before to make sure he made it.

TheLastDalek
05-16-2015, 04:54 AM
Indy is ebst as a character if he knows what to look for, a reason he is there and knows what he is dealing with.

In the first two movies, Indy does good because he KNOWS what the hell is going on, and his enemies are human. And dumb luck 9Side kick in Temple for sure.)

In third he had to get the steps right in his father's notes to survive the traps.

Fourth? Just... Awful, such a non Jones movie, but there it was the sheer plot device of the Crystal Skull itsel fand the (then) crazy guy who took jounery before to make sure he made it.

To be fair I can kind of see what they were going for with the fourth. The first three were set in the 30's and as such were based on 30's pulp stories while the fourth was set in the 50's so they decided to base it off 50's Sci Fi

TerryAce
05-16-2015, 05:51 AM
To be fair I can kind of see what they were going for with the fourth. The first three were set in the 30's and as such were based on 30's pulp stories while the fourth was set in the 50's so they decided to base it off 50's Sci Fi

Oh, you caught that too?

TheLastDalek
05-16-2015, 06:44 AM
Oh, you caught that too?

Not at first it took me a while to get it

Jonathan
05-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Oh, you caught that too?

So that's why the went scifi with the fourth? Makes sense, and I am ashamed I didn't catch that sooner :(.

Anyways, surviving these kind of adventures is his thing, so I think he could survive Skull Island too.

The Chou Lives
05-16-2015, 03:55 PM
So that's why the went scifi with the fourth? Makes sense, and I am ashamed I didn't catch that sooner :(.

Anyways, surviving these kind of adventures is his thing, so I think he could survive Skull Island too.

Yeah the genre shiftofDr Jones was in first 3 movies it was Pulp Adventure, mainlyexploring foreign and exotic parts of the world and globe trodding.

4 takes place in 50s, the most problem sort of fiction at that time was sci fi, so the adventure hero of said era would have sci fi themed adventures, hence the fourth movie.

SO what would bethe other eras if Dr Jones could really live that long? (As plot wise he cannot, the forever youth formula of Holy Grial is only good as long you stay in the seal's pwoer, Dr Jones not in, hnce what happened to his dad.)

master of read
05-16-2015, 04:30 PM

took me the second viewing to get it. made it a much better movie with that mindset.