PDA

View Full Version : When the heck is Hickman's and Weaver's SHIELD 5 and 6 coming out?

Quasar's Bands
05-29-2015, 01:02 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/23093-dustin-weaver-on-shields-return-his-secret-new-marvel-project-creator-owned-work.html

According to this article, they are all done. Have they been solicited even?

Abe
05-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Hickman twitted some weeks ago :
- And the final two issues of SHIELD are coming out in September.
and :
- @DustinWeaver12 - Pretty sure the plan is to re-issue 1-4 in a big catch-up issue and then 5 and 6.
That's all I've seen.

Quasar's Bands
06-14-2015, 08:56 PM
Well, September is not so long away.... After all this time, I hope this finally gets completed! I've been SO disappointed at Marvel since they just nixed All Star Band of Heroes at #5 with three issues still to go. It was left completely unsettled and unfinished!

Abe
06-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Hope it will have an official confirmation one day... and that Hickman - who, I think, was into that story when he pitched the SW thing to Marvel - had completed the script in a very cohesive way with his other works... That would be SO GREAT...

The story could explain a lot (I'm posting about it here and there....). And - one of the most important things - it features a CELESTIAL CHILD (can't get enough of Celestial...). As far as I know, and it's not that much, it's the only canon story (how could it be not canon : Hickman linked almost all his marvel works to it - Secret Warriors, FF, Avengers and New Avengers...) which import in the MU the planet as Celestial egg thing of Earth X...

Also : Leonardo in vitruvian man mode on the cover of the Siege mini....

Quasar's Bands
07-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Has there been solicits yet for SHIELD 5 and 6?

runguy
07-20-2015, 02:00 PM
no yet, no

Conway
07-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Seeing as everything Hickman is doing is at least a month behind regular schedule lately (except Secret Wars), I'm not holding my breath.

Quasar's Bands
10-08-2015, 11:52 AM
So, since September came and left, and there are no solicits for SHIELD 5 & 6, I guess these issues are STILL on hold. I wonder what the hold up is, as Weaver has said he's completely done.

Abe
10-08-2015, 12:28 PM
So, since September came and left, and there are no solicits for SHIELD 5 & 6, I guess these issues are STILL on hold. I wonder what the hold up is, as Weaver has said he's completely done.

My hopes ? That it's closely related to his SW project. The lasts issues were set in three different 2060 IIRC, after leaving 1960 or something like that ? Also, I think that before publishing the last issues they had to publish the first ones. IIRC Hickman talked about a big issue for that - but reading the last interview, it seems that Marvel Editorial doesn't like big issues with big price a lot... IMHO the sheduling dates have to deal with those kinds of editorial thinking...

Abe
10-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Those who are still interested in Hickman's SHIELD should also have a look to SIEGE #4 ! There's something really nice in it !...

baltiroo
10-09-2015, 07:38 AM
So still no word on the release of 5, 6... Very frustrating and annoying to wait what - over 2 years to get a conclusion on this series.

OBrianTallent
10-09-2015, 09:10 AM
They just need to put the whole thing together in a collection and sell it that way. I really dont understand what the hold up has been on getting the last two out if they are finished either...

comicbookbeard
10-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Those who are still interested in Hickman's SHIELD should also have a look to SIEGE #4 ! There's something really nice in it !...

Like what? Are you referring to the explanation of Leonardo having 4 arms?

Also. Weaver said on twitter to me a couple months back. That he would be continuing SHIELD after Secret Wars ends.

So it is going to officially end. Hopefully before the year ends.

Abe
10-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Like what? Are you referring to the explanation of Leonardo having 4 arms?

Also. Weaver said on twitter to me a couple months back. That he would be continuing SHIELD after Secret Wars ends.

So it is going to officially end. Hopefully before the year ends.

Exactly ! And the issue is also fun and gives more elements about what happens in the end of SW#6 ! Enjoy !

NexusTenebrare
10-09-2015, 11:16 AM
At least SHIELD is still being mentioned now and then.
I highly doubt Paul Jenkins will ever finish All Winners Squad: Band of Heroes.
I wish Marvel would stop putting out compelling minis only to abruptly stop the series midway through.

dragonmp93
10-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Soon (tm).

Shaggy
01-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Soon (tm).

How soon?

Quasar's Bands
01-17-2016, 07:26 PM

How soon?

From Hickman's comments in interviews this week, it sounds like he needs to finish things up over the "next couple of weeks," so hopefully very, very soon.

CaptCleghorn
01-17-2016, 11:00 PM
Marvel's planning a pre-release extravaganza in Chicago to coincide wuth the Cubs World Series Victory parade.

Shaggy
08-25-2016, 07:58 AM
8 months later and still nothing. It's mind-boggling that we still don't have these last two issues even though Dustin Weaver finished the art for both in October 2014.

ChaoticScholar
08-25-2016, 09:01 AM
I'd like Architects of Forever resolved, no spoils if it is somewhere else please?), thanks?

Iron Maiden
08-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Yeah, this is really weird. I'd like to finish this but I have to wonder what is the point anymore.

Digifiend
08-25-2016, 10:00 AM
You're referring to this, right?
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/S.H.I.E.L.D._Vol_2

Seems strange that vol 2 wasn't even finished and they launched a third volume with a completely different cast.

Judge Dredd
08-25-2016, 10:07 AM
I would be surprised if we get any time soon, he also has The Dying and The Dead he started and only got a couple issues in. Secret took forever to complete, MP Part 2 was started and now disappeared, but he is launching Black Monday Murders and Frontier.

CaptCleghorn
08-25-2016, 11:27 AM
8 months later and still nothing. It's mind-boggling that we still don't have these last two issues even though Dustin Weaver finished the art for both in October 2014.

Is the art actually complete? I've seen rumors and non-official stuff about status of work, but if the art is complete, seriously Marvel, WTF?

It's not like I'm holding a grudge about Miracleman either. (I am, though)

Shaggy
08-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Is the art actually complete? I've seen rumors and non-official stuff about status of work, but if the art is complete, seriously Marvel, WTF?

It's not like I'm holding a grudge about Miracleman either. (I am, though)

http://dustinweaver.blogspot.com.ee/2014/10/entry-252-shield-update-7.html

http://www.newsarama.com/23093-dustin-weaver-on-shields-return-his-secret-new-marvel-project-creator-owned-work.html

It's all drawn as of October 2014.

CaptCleghorn
08-25-2016, 12:41 PM
http://dustinweaver.blogspot.com.ee/2014/10/entry-252-shield-update-7.html

It's all drawn as of October 2014.

OK, then. I'm at the point of serious disappointment. Sitting on finished art for almost two years is something I can't figure out.

runguy
08-25-2016, 07:19 PM
OK, then. I'm at the point of serious disappointment. Sitting on finished art for almost two years is something I can't figure out.

from Hickman's June 2nd tweet:

Don't be sad. When all looks lost I'll be back to save you.

At dawn, look to the east for those last two S.H.I.E.L.D. issues.

Quasar's Bands
09-07-2016, 09:30 AM
from Hickman's June 2nd tweet:

Don't be sad. When all looks lost I'll be back to save you.

At dawn, look to the east for those last two S.H.I.E.L.D. issues.

Whatever. Excuses and irresponsibility. In the real world, other folks would have been fired for this.

hobo
09-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Whatever. Excuses and irresponsibility. In the real world, other folks would have been fired for this.

I stopped buying single issues after Secret Wars, primarily because of this casual approach to lateness, along with an irritating Marvel quote from an interview that stated, no one is going to remember that a few issues of a series was late when they look back in a few years. Well, it's been a few years and you still aren't done with S.H.I.E.L.D., lol.

If Marvel doesn't care about keeping to a schedule, well, why am I going to try and buy these comics on a regular basis? This isn't a boycott or protest, I just adjusted my purchasing habits to reality.

Maybe they prefer people to buy trades. I don't see how this could be better for them though. Personally if I wait months to buy something, I'm less likely to randomly try other titles, and often I end up abandoning whatever I was waiting for.

Mr.Majestic
09-08-2016, 02:16 AM
Soon (tm).

http://www.tumblr18.com/t18/2013/10/Bear-waiting-for-breakfast.jpg[/url]

Quasar's Bands
10-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Anyone know anything about this????

Digifiend
10-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Nope. And asking won't suddenly make it appear. Face it, at this point, it's NEVER coming out. It would just confuse newer readers at this point, due to all of the post Secret Wars changes.