PDA

View Full Version : When the heck is Hickman's and Weaver's SHIELD 5 and 6 coming out?

Quasar's Bands
05-29-2015, 01:02 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/23093-dustin-weaver-on-shields-return-his-secret-new-marvel-project-creator-owned-work.html

According to this article, they are all done. Have they been solicited even?

Abe
05-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Hickman twitted some weeks ago :
- And the final two issues of SHIELD are coming out in September.
and :
- @DustinWeaver12 - Pretty sure the plan is to re-issue 1-4 in a big catch-up issue and then 5 and 6.
That's all I've seen.

Quasar's Bands
06-14-2015, 08:56 PM
Well, September is not so long away.... After all this time, I hope this finally gets completed! I've been SO disappointed at Marvel since they just nixed All Star Band of Heroes at #5 with three issues still to go. It was left completely unsettled and unfinished!

Abe
06-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Hope it will have an official confirmation one day... and that Hickman - who, I think, was into that story when he pitched the SW thing to Marvel - had completed the script in a very cohesive way with his other works... That would be SO GREAT...

The story could explain a lot (I'm posting about it here and there....). And - one of the most important things - it features a CELESTIAL CHILD (can't get enough of Celestial...). As far as I know, and it's not that much, it's the only canon story (how could it be not canon : Hickman linked almost all his marvel works to it - Secret Warriors, FF, Avengers and New Avengers...) which import in the MU the planet as Celestial egg thing of Earth X...

Also : Leonardo in vitruvian man mode on the cover of the Siege mini....

Quasar's Bands
07-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Has there been solicits yet for SHIELD 5 and 6?

runguy
07-20-2015, 02:00 PM
no yet, no

Conway
07-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Seeing as everything Hickman is doing is at least a month behind regular schedule lately (except Secret Wars), I'm not holding my breath.

Quasar's Bands
10-08-2015, 11:52 AM
So, since September came and left, and there are no solicits for SHIELD 5 & 6, I guess these issues are STILL on hold. I wonder what the hold up is, as Weaver has said he's completely done.

Abe
10-08-2015, 12:28 PM
So, since September came and left, and there are no solicits for SHIELD 5 & 6, I guess these issues are STILL on hold. I wonder what the hold up is, as Weaver has said he's completely done.

My hopes ? That it's closely related to his SW project. The lasts issues were set in three different 2060 IIRC, after leaving 1960 or something like that ? Also, I think that before publishing the last issues they had to publish the first ones. IIRC Hickman talked about a big issue for that - but reading the last interview, it seems that Marvel Editorial doesn't like big issues with big price a lot... IMHO the sheduling dates have to deal with those kinds of editorial thinking...

Abe
10-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Those who are still interested in Hickman's SHIELD should also have a look to SIEGE #4 ! There's something really nice in it !...

baltiroo
10-09-2015, 07:38 AM
So still no word on the release of 5, 6... Very frustrating and annoying to wait what - over 2 years to get a conclusion on this series.

OBrianTallent
10-09-2015, 09:10 AM
They just need to put the whole thing together in a collection and sell it that way. I really dont understand what the hold up has been on getting the last two out if they are finished either...

comicbookbeard
10-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Those who are still interested in Hickman's SHIELD should also have a look to SIEGE #4 ! There's something really nice in it !...

Like what? Are you referring to the explanation of Leonardo having 4 arms?

Also. Weaver said on twitter to me a couple months back. That he would be continuing SHIELD after Secret Wars ends.

So it is going to officially end. Hopefully before the year ends.

Abe
10-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Like what? Are you referring to the explanation of Leonardo having 4 arms?

Also. Weaver said on twitter to me a couple months back. That he would be continuing SHIELD after Secret Wars ends.

So it is going to officially end. Hopefully before the year ends.

Exactly ! And the issue is also fun and gives more elements about what happens in the end of SW#6 ! Enjoy !

NexusTenebrare
10-09-2015, 11:16 AM
At least SHIELD is still being mentioned now and then.
I highly doubt Paul Jenkins will ever finish All Winners Squad: Band of Heroes.
I wish Marvel would stop putting out compelling minis only to abruptly stop the series midway through.

dragonmp93
10-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Soon (tm).

Shaggy
01-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Soon (tm).

How soon?

Quasar's Bands
01-17-2016, 07:26 PM

How soon?

From Hickman's comments in interviews this week, it sounds like he needs to finish things up over the "next couple of weeks," so hopefully very, very soon.

CaptCleghorn
01-17-2016, 11:00 PM
Marvel's planning a pre-release extravaganza in Chicago to coincide wuth the Cubs World Series Victory parade.

Shaggy
08-25-2016, 07:58 AM
8 months later and still nothing. It's mind-boggling that we still don't have these last two issues even though Dustin Weaver finished the art for both in October 2014.

ChaoticScholar
08-25-2016, 09:01 AM
I'd like Architects of Forever resolved, no spoils if it is somewhere else please?), thanks?

Iron Maiden
08-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Yeah, this is really weird. I'd like to finish this but I have to wonder what is the point anymore.

Digifiend
08-25-2016, 10:00 AM
You're referring to this, right?
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/S.H.I.E.L.D._Vol_2

Seems strange that vol 2 wasn't even finished and they launched a third volume with a completely different cast.

Judge Dredd
08-25-2016, 10:07 AM
I would be surprised if we get any time soon, he also has The Dying and The Dead he started and only got a couple issues in. Secret took forever to complete, MP Part 2 was started and now disappeared, but he is launching Black Monday Murders and Frontier.

CaptCleghorn
08-25-2016, 11:27 AM
8 months later and still nothing. It's mind-boggling that we still don't have these last two issues even though Dustin Weaver finished the art for both in October 2014.

Is the art actually complete? I've seen rumors and non-official stuff about status of work, but if the art is complete, seriously Marvel, WTF?

It's not like I'm holding a grudge about Miracleman either. (I am, though)

Shaggy
08-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Is the art actually complete? I've seen rumors and non-official stuff about status of work, but if the art is complete, seriously Marvel, WTF?

It's not like I'm holding a grudge about Miracleman either. (I am, though)

http://dustinweaver.blogspot.com.ee/2014/10/entry-252-shield-update-7.html

http://www.newsarama.com/23093-dustin-weaver-on-shields-return-his-secret-new-marvel-project-creator-owned-work.html

It's all drawn as of October 2014.

CaptCleghorn
08-25-2016, 12:41 PM
http://dustinweaver.blogspot.com.ee/2014/10/entry-252-shield-update-7.html

It's all drawn as of October 2014.

OK, then. I'm at the point of serious disappointment. Sitting on finished art for almost two years is something I can't figure out.

runguy
08-25-2016, 07:19 PM
OK, then. I'm at the point of serious disappointment. Sitting on finished art for almost two years is something I can't figure out.

from Hickman's June 2nd tweet:

Don't be sad. When all looks lost I'll be back to save you.

At dawn, look to the east for those last two S.H.I.E.L.D. issues.

Quasar's Bands
09-07-2016, 09:30 AM
from Hickman's June 2nd tweet:

Don't be sad. When all looks lost I'll be back to save you.

At dawn, look to the east for those last two S.H.I.E.L.D. issues.

Whatever. Excuses and irresponsibility. In the real world, other folks would have been fired for this.

hobo
09-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Whatever. Excuses and irresponsibility. In the real world, other folks would have been fired for this.

I stopped buying single issues after Secret Wars, primarily because of this casual approach to lateness, along with an irritating Marvel quote from an interview that stated, no one is going to remember that a few issues of a series was late when they look back in a few years. Well, it's been a few years and you still aren't done with S.H.I.E.L.D., lol.

If Marvel doesn't care about keeping to a schedule, well, why am I going to try and buy these comics on a regular basis? This isn't a boycott or protest, I just adjusted my purchasing habits to reality.

Maybe they prefer people to buy trades. I don't see how this could be better for them though. Personally if I wait months to buy something, I'm less likely to randomly try other titles, and often I end up abandoning whatever I was waiting for.

Mr.Majestic
09-08-2016, 02:16 AM
Soon (tm).

http://www.tumblr18.com/t18/2013/10/Bear-waiting-for-breakfast.jpg[/url]

Quasar's Bands
10-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Anyone know anything about this????

Digifiend
10-28-2016, 08:28 PM
Nope. And asking won't suddenly make it appear. Face it, at this point, it's NEVER coming out. It would just confuse newer readers at this point, due to all of the post Secret Wars changes.

Quasar's Bands
02-03-2017, 07:02 AM
Nope. And asking won't suddenly make it appear. Face it, at this point, it's NEVER coming out. It would just confuse newer readers at this point, due to all of the post Secret Wars changes.

After all this time, I'm starting to believe you're right! Poor Weaver - he finished it after all that time, and now.... nothing.

batnbreakfast
02-03-2017, 01:42 PM
It will be released shortly after Kevin Smith's last Daredevil issue :p

Panfoot
02-03-2017, 02:14 PM
It will be released shortly after Kevin Smith's last Daredevil issue :p

Alongside those new Miracleman issues.

Quasar's Bands
02-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Alongside those new Miracleman issues.

And Don't forget the remaining issues of the All-Winners Squad miniseries! Maybe Marvel should take all of these "unfinished" comic books and put them all together in a hard back collection.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/25/all-winners-squad-is-not-just-cancelled-its-unfinished/

batnbreakfast
02-04-2017, 05:50 AM
And Don't forget the remaining issues of the All-Winners Squad miniseries! Maybe Marvel should take all of these "unfinished" comic books and put them all together in a hard back collection.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/25/all-winners-squad-is-not-just-cancelled-its-unfinished/I'd actually buy a weird mixture of titles like that.

Quasar's Bands
02-06-2017, 11:15 AM
I think it would be a huge hit -- Miracleman Silver Age, ending of Smith's Daredevil, last three issues of All-Winners Squad, ending of Volume II, S.H.I.E.L.D. They could title it "Conclusions: Untold Marvel Tales."

mycomix.online
02-06-2017, 06:18 PM
I don't understand why these can't be released if they were apparently finished what, almost 2 years ago now? Obviously a lot's happened since the last released issue but at least put them out, all it would need is a "This issue takes place before the events of Secret Wars" or whatnot on the credit page...

CaptCleghorn
02-06-2017, 06:48 PM
As cool as it would be to see issues 5 and 6, there's also the question of what to do with issues 1 through 4. Are they rereleased, potentially at a loss since they've been bought by your desired audience for issues 5 and 6? Put out a trade with all six issues> Put out a timely comics style reprint of issues 1 through 4? Publish 5 and 6 as if nothing happened (technically a long time since anything's happened)?

Not knowing wjhat Marvel has access to, I can't come up with a best option. I'd be most in favor of 5 and 6 coming out together or seperately. The best for Marvel? Damned if I know.

mycomix.online
02-06-2017, 06:53 PM
As cool as it would be to see issues 5 and 6, there's also the question of what to do with issues 1 through 4. Are they rereleased, potentially at a loss since they've been bought by your desired audience for issues 5 and 6? Put out a trade with all six issues> Put out a timely comics style reprint of issues 1 through 4? Publish 5 and 6 as if nothing happened (technically a long time since anything's happened)?

Not knowing wjhat Marvel has access to, I can't come up with a best option. I'd be most in favor of 5 and 6 coming out together or seperately. The best for Marvel? Damned if I know.

Good point! I have 1 to 4 so I didn't really consider that, haha! I suppose a re-release could be good, even a trade (but separately to 5 and 6 - for the readers who don't already have 1 to 4), or even reprints with new covers maybe?

jackolover
02-06-2017, 10:38 PM
I don't understand why these can't be released if they were apparently finished what, almost 2 years ago now? Obviously a lot's happened since the last released issue but at least put them out, all it would need is a "This issue takes place before the events of Secret Wars" or whatnot on the credit page...

I wonder if Marvel can't release issues 5 and 6 because the change in the MU is so different now that SHIELD would become irrelevant? I just wonder about the politics between Hickman, Weaver and Marvel, that maybe somethiong happened and there is a loss of faith?

Ceebiro
02-07-2017, 06:18 AM
At this point they should just release all of the issues as an OGN. If they have the issues, and they don't want to take a loss on reprinting issues 1-4, just release what would have been the collected trade.

CaptCleghorn
02-07-2017, 07:46 AM
One thing I hadn't considered is how different this book is from the current MCU SHIELD. Could Marvel be gun-shy about releasing a book called SHIELD that doesn't look like the TV show?

MajorHoy
02-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Even though I don't buy/read digital comics, they could release issues that were done but not printed digitally, even if they only got as far as b&w artwork without full color.

After that, they could consider releasing a special physical /paper issue with those unpublished stories (again, with or without color) for people who already have #1-4 and perhaps a tpb of all six issues together. (By the way, are #1-4 currently available as digital versions?)

Mike_Murdock
02-07-2017, 03:10 PM
At this point they should just release all of the issues as an OGN. If they have the issues, and they don't want to take a loss on reprinting issues 1-4, just release what would have been the collected trade.

Yeah, I agree with that. It's probably the best way to get value for them.

One thing I hadn't considered is how different this book is from the current MCU SHIELD. Could Marvel be gun-shy about releasing a book called SHIELD that doesn't look like the TV show?

The show does draw a lot of influence from Hickman, though. They didn't go with the ancient SHIELD history, but they did something similar with Hydra. Most of the differences are historical rather than current SHIELD anyway.

CaptCleghorn
02-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Economically, I'm assuming Marvel's already paid Hickman, Weaver and assorted other creators for the issues 5 and 6 work. Basic economic theory says that in thinking about whether it's worth publishing or not, it's the future costs of printing and distribution vs what they'd get in sales. Sitting on the pages gets them nothing. Unless they're expecting such pitiful sales so as to publish would cost them even more money (remember, the creators' work is already in the loss column), I've got no good reason they're not doing something.

jackolover
02-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I agree with that. It's probably the best way to get value for them.

The show does draw a lot of influence from Hickman, though. They didn't go with the ancient SHIELD history, but they did something similar with Hydra. Most of the differences are historical rather than current SHIELD anyway.

I wonder what the different approach Nick Fury took to SHIELD compared to the Italian version? He seemed to scrap everything including the scientific backup and just started with American Stark tech, and seeing as SHIELD was started without Fury, he didn't have much say in it anyway. (Just trying to put some sense into what Hickman retconned as Italian SHIELD and the Kirby/Lee SHIELD). If, as Hickman retconned, Fury was already aware of the Italian SHIELD's intrigues, with Hydra and Dugan and Fury's brother, it must have come as a surprise that this new fangled Stark SHIELD just suddenly appeared, because he was quite shocked to see an aircraft version of the Italian Fortress and all the LMD use, against an already existant Hydra machine.

My feeling is that after Hickmans Italian SHIELD series, it finally all broke up (before the Fantastic Four came about), and Fury was in the CIA as he states in Fantastic Four at that time when he reacquainted with Reed from their old WWII days in the field. Strange that Fury must have come across Nathaniel Richards, and Old Mr Stark during the Italian SHIELD days, and then come across Reed, a son of one of his acquaintences as a Fantastic Four member. I know I'm doing mental gymnastics with trying to absorb Hickman Universe into Lee/Kirby universe, But Hickman must have had some of his own opinions on where this all fitt knowing the Silver Age, and then inventing his Italian SHIELD. Hickman must have thought about this too.

So it seems to me, Fury slipped into, or appeared in the MU, either with Stark or somebody else knowing he was part of the Italian SHIELD, or, it was just dumb luck that whoever it was picked Fury out of everybody else to head up SHIELD when he did, but he was obviosly not their first choice, because Fury just replaced the last chief, who was assasinated, so there must have been reservations amongst the United Nations on Furys promotion, but he must have been the best man for the job, up till point.

We don't even know the politics of Strucker's Hydra when it began operations in the Lead-in time from 1960 to 1961, after Strucker was dissolved from Italain SHIELD. He must have picked up himself and started a concerted effort as an organisation to disrupt the stability of the Western World that the UN SEcurity Council had to do something about,and then Stark put something together with the Helicarrier and LMD's as a starting point, but their first chief got killed. I would have liked to know what Hydra was doing during the time Fantastic Four #1 came out and what the world looked like in thse days. I've read 85 stories of the first super hero stories in the Silver Age and all I got from that was there were a lot of despots around and Aliens all trying to take over the world. Supposedly, Hydra was hidden in amongst all that chaos, but not from the UN. They had done enough in the world that the Security Council convened and formed the New SHIELD.

Shaggy
04-01-2017, 09:15 AM
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/22/jonathan-hickman-finished-last-two-issues-s-h-e-l-d/

I bet many missed this update from about a week ago. Maybe...maybe we'll see the issues by the end of this year.

JKtheMac
04-01-2017, 10:03 AM
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/22/jonathan-hickman-finished-last-two-issues-s-h-e-l-d/

I bet many missed this update from about a week ago. Maybe...maybe we'll see the issues by the end of this year.

I certainly missed it, but coincidentally I was expecting it soon and said so in another thread. I do like the joke about withholding it. I imagine the reality is Hickman will be super relived to click send.

Mike_Murdock
04-01-2017, 10:11 AM
What's the context for the original statement? I thought the artist said he already drew them. I wonder if the "I just finished it" statement was designed to set up the follow-up because the whole thing was prompted by some entitled tweet?

Shaggy
04-01-2017, 10:13 AM
I think Hickman gave Weaver enough information so he could draw the issues (years ago now) but still kept tinkering with the dialogue even after the art was completed. A pretty old school approach.

JKtheMac
04-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Hickman is on record that he was so busy at Marvel that he rarely submitted a script he was truly happy with, and wished he could get at least the chance of a second draft. It is entirely possible these were not written full script and that the final stage was dialogue. Plus Hickman often uses textual pieces that probably wouldn't be in the first draft.

Abe
04-01-2017, 10:55 AM
To be honest when I saw those tweets my conclusion was that the whole stuff was probably designed to be a joke : they came after a short exchange with another user that was a bit acrimonious... Not sure, but I decided that it was probably safer to play it Saint Thomas style... :)

In the same vein, one two days later :

So Jonathan, what have you been doing since the last issue of SHIELD came out. Anything? Anything at all?

Well I did write 216 other issues

It made me laugh. :) (And regret how he used to write the lines of Yabbat Ummon Taru...)

JKtheMac
04-01-2017, 12:14 PM
To be honest when I saw those tweets my conclusion was that the whole stuff was probably designed to be a joke : they came after a short exchange with another user that was a bit acrimonious... Not sure, but I decided that it was probably safer to play it Saint Thomas style... :)

It made me laugh. :) (And regret how he used to write the lines of Yabbat Ummon Taru...)

There is no doubt that Marvel would probably be very upset if he didn't send these two issues in at some point. From his tone in interviews I don't think Hickman burnt bridges leaving Marvel. He seems to look back on the experience with appreciation for what Marvel were doing and how they ran the business. He was burnt out with the workload but he always repeated the mantra that Brevoort told him early on that Marvel are not in the business of managing the careers of their writers, and that the work he took on was entirely up to him.

Both Marvel and Hickman have said at various stages that he will probably be back with a less central book at some point.

To quote the summit that everyone is getting in a tizzy over, Alonso said this about talent moving to Image or creator owned:

"That's where we have to be patient and we maintain good relationships. Every once in a while there will be scorched earth, but we keep those doors open and we wait for opportunity. Often times they come back."

Abe
04-01-2017, 12:30 PM
I never feared that Hickman and Marvel were in bad terms which each other. They did great work together IMHO!

About SHIELD I always hoped that it could be the keystone of his whole Marvel odyssey. I would be - have been? - great, but today my expectations are a bit lower :).

What I wonder about the most is the question of the commercial context for the publication of the last issues - and the re-print of the whole series. Could they all be waiting a time when this huge-scale story could still make sense outside of its own little corner? That would be so nice... That's also the reason why I'm not impatient at all, for both SHIELD and Hickman's return. I'll be just very happy when it will happen.

JKtheMac
04-01-2017, 12:42 PM
I never feared that Hickman and Marvel were in bad terms which each other. They did great work together IMHO!

About SHIELD I always hoped that it could be the keystone of his whole Marvel odyssey. I would be - have been? - great, but today my expectations are a bit lower :).

What I wonder about the most is the question of the commercial context for the publication of the last issues - and the re-print of the whole series. Could they all be waiting a time when this huge-scale story could still make sense outside of its own little corner? That would be so nice... That's also the reason why I'm not impatient at all, for both SHIELD and Hickman's return. I'll be just very happy when it will happen.

I honestly think it is only thematically related to his Avengers run. It was the Tree of Life to that story's Tree of Death. It is an optimistic building story full of the potential of superheroes and that was a tragic destruction story about the fall of superheroes.

Abe
04-01-2017, 01:09 PM
You're probably right about any link with Avengers/New Avengers or Secret Wars, but there are also his FF run and Secret Warriors which both features many links with SHIELD - not all of them easter eggs IMHO.

Perhaps Hickman had a big idea in mind at the time - which could have had even included his project with Ultimates and this other Reed for whom he seemed to have some big plan (BTW Frontier, according to the solicits, seems to taste a bit like The Maker's crazy ideas :)). Perhaps I fantasize too much, but what's sure he that the things had to change at some point - when he had to quit the FF precisely. I should take the time to check the date of publication of the single issues of all those books : I read them for the most part way later in TPB - while I think that you had already returned to comics and Marvel :).

The dates used in SHIELD - and in Secret Warriors - are just really intriguing : around 1960 (and three different year 2060 in the last issue). An obvious homage to Marvel's beginnings of course, but also something that seems to doesn't fit very well with any sliding time-scale. My bet is that Hickman possibly had his own solution for that well-known issue, thus maybe some difficulties to write a proper ending in another Marvel context?

Anyway I would be pleased to read more about all those characters : the 60's Nathaniel and Howard, Tesla and Michelangelo... etc... not to forget the Celestial child! They are all just so cool...

Mike_Murdock
04-01-2017, 01:10 PM

That's kind of why I thought he wasn't serious and it was a sign of something happening.

Abe
04-19-2017, 08:50 AM
Well well well...

Just let's say that Secret Empire #0 probably makes things even more complex for those of us who are still waiting for those last issues...

Mike_Murdock
04-19-2017, 04:44 PM
However, it's a wonderful reference to SHIELD.

JKtheMac
04-20-2017, 03:21 AM
Although everything that is happening is: (spoilers is you are not up to date with the cap books and related comics leading into Secret Empire)

A part of the alternate reality that the original Hydra Cap was a part of before the Allies performed the Cosmic Cube reset as they perceive the normal Marvel continuity it to be.

In other words, it all depends on how you look at the cosmic cube stuff that is going on, and how it changed the world.

Hickman can just finish his book regardless and let Spencer work it all out. Presumably he at least has the nod from Hickman.

Abe
04-20-2017, 05:26 AM
However, it's a wonderful reference to SHIELD.

Yep! It warmed my heart! :)

Although everything that is happening is: (spoilers is you are not up to date with the cap books and related comics leading into Secret Empire)

A part of the alternate reality that the original Hydra Cap was a part of before the Allies performed the Cosmic Cube reset as they perceive the normal Marvel continuity it to be.

In other words, it all depends on how you look at the cosmic cube stuff that is going on, and how it changed the world.

Hickman can just finish his book regardless and let Spencer work it all out. Presumably he at least has the nod from Hickman.

That's why I wrote "more complex" - I didn't think that it made things impossible. In fact I'm pleased and surprised that Spencer is currently using so much from the cast of Hydra's Secret Warriors and now those elements from SHIELD.

I'm very curious to see how all that will play.

Shaggy
11-26-2017, 11:07 AM
https://www.newsarama.com/36562-jonathan-hickman-has-finished-scripting-s-h-i-e-l-d-5-6.html

according to Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort.

"We just got [Jonathan's] final dialogue in for those last two S.H.I.E.L.D. issues, so sooner than you’d think!" Brevoort told ComicBook when asked about Hickman doing new work for the publisher.

Some people may have missed this small update from September. Really hope we'll get it some time next year.

charliehustle415
11-26-2017, 11:12 AM
https://www.newsarama.com/36562-jonathan-hickman-has-finished-scripting-s-h-i-e-l-d-5-6.html

Some people may have missed this small update from September. Really hope we'll get it some time next year.

I suspect it will come out when Agents of Shield is in full swing next year

CaptCleghorn
11-26-2017, 12:35 PM

There have been other tweets and news about the books' progress, but I think some of us waiting have become jaded and basically just want the book to come out. Only the physical existence of a completed comic on the stands will satisfy entitled fanboys like me.