PDA

View Full Version : CBR SUNDAY CONVERSATION: Jordie Bellaire Colors Her World

CBR News
05-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Artist ordie Bellaire talks about her "Comics are for Everybody" initiative and the cruel September when she slept just 23 hours and colored 17 comics.

Full article here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53039).

cuttlefish
05-25-2014, 09:23 AM
What book is the banner art and first set of pages from? With the blue people? That's not Moon Knight, is it?

pacino
05-25-2014, 09:44 AM
i think we are finally seeing digital coloring come into its own. It was weird looking in the early 00s, but now it allows the art to shine through. She is really doing something special, along with people like Dave Stewart (of course), Laura Martin, Matt Wilson, etc.

Marvel really gets some amazing colorists. Image creators really use Jordie a lot, too.

PaulMontgomery
05-25-2014, 11:50 AM
What book is the banner art and first set of pages from? With the blue people? That's not Moon Knight, is it?

That's from FLASH GORDON #2 from Dynamite.

Clockwork_Fish
05-25-2014, 12:33 PM
My god, Moon Knight is one of the best looking books at Marvel right now.

Gus
05-25-2014, 02:19 PM
i think we are finally seeing digital coloring come into its own. It was weird looking in the early 00s, but now it allows the art to shine through. She is really doing something special, along with people like Dave Stewart (of course), Laura Martin, Matt Wilson, etc.

Marvel really gets some amazing colorists. Image creators really use Jordie a lot, too.

2013 was really the year of the colorist as far as I'm concerned, as far as color work demanding that readers notice what colorists add to a comic. Between her, Matt Hollingsworth, and Liz Breitwiser, those three just completely changed the way I look at comics in the space of a year. Jordie does such unique work, I'm always blown away.

jonny_anonymous
05-26-2014, 02:47 AM
Hail Jordie Bellaire Queen of Colour!

Hanson724
05-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by cuttlefish

That's from FLASH GORDON #2 from Dynamite.

Yep, Flash Gordon, and its great!

It seemed like every other book I read last year was colored by her.