PDA

View Full Version : Nancy A. Collins Prepares A Bloodbath for "Vampirella"

CBR News
05-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Writer Nancy A. Collins gets to the heart of Vampirella's staying power, emphasizing her plans to take the character back to her horror roots.

Full article here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53131).

kkkk
05-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Glad too see a new ongoing, I might pick it up but I do feel her emphasize on horror will be mixed for me, while she says she has a distaste for vampi becoming too superhero, I found the Harris run by Tom B so far to be entertaining because of the gorgeous art, awesome action and nice references to dracula myths and an actually set of enemies that weren't wacko cult members . I enjoyed the warren run but I think it only scarcthed the poteinal of the concept before it became cheesy. Though I do remember she mentioned in a newsarama that she's only read the warren run, so I'll be curious to see where this goes

SJNeal
05-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Dynamite's last attempt went downhill so fast, it was painful. But Collins gives a convincing interview at least, so I'll give it a shot...

Arvandor
05-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Dynamite's last attempt went downhill so fast, it was painful. But Collins gives a convincing interview at least, so I'll give it a shot...

I enjoyed Trautman's entire run. But when Jerwa took over it instantly sucked.

Stage3evolution
05-30-2014, 01:51 PM
My first Venture into Vampirella so I have a clear mind not clouded by anything before it one way or another. I look forward to this