PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2014 Off-Season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

worstblogever
04-30-2014, 08:52 PM
We just had a complete CBR Forum reboot, and the discussion from 2/2 through 4/30 has been left behind where we talked about things like coaches being fired, the start of free agency, DeSean Jackson getting cut by the Eagles, off-season arrests and police investigations, etc.

One week until the NFL Draft...

Let the football discussion continue.

Bronze-Age Brian
04-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Let the football discussion continue.

Hopefully without the personal attacks this time. There's a PM button for that. I for one would appreciate it.

worstblogever
04-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Hopefully without the personal attacks this time. There's a PM button for that. I for one would appreciate it.

I'd be much happier if this version avoided rape apologist rhetoric, come to think of it.

Motown Rage
05-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Well, only 7 days until the draft at least

worstblogever
05-01-2014, 01:47 AM
Well, only 7 days until the draft at least

I'm hyped. I've been reading the hell out of every mock draft I can find.

Walter Football's goes the deepest (http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php), though. Like all the way to the 6th round.

Motown Rage
05-01-2014, 02:49 AM

Walter Football's goes the deepest (http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php), though. Like all the way to the 6th round.

Same here, but I can't help but be a little disappointed, if they hadn't changed the date the draft would've been last weekend. As a Lions fan that is all we have to look forward too, they are killing us by delaying our only excitement in Motown

The Big G
05-01-2014, 02:50 AM

Usually they would have a 7 round mock by now....

The Three guys I hope the Raiders consider are: Bortles, Watkins and Mack. Though there is a chance that all three of them could be gone by #5

Motown Rage
05-01-2014, 02:56 AM

I'm also a big fan of Walter Football, I love how he posted the draft for the next year to look at

PapaShogun
05-01-2014, 04:21 AM
Can't wait until the draft. I'm PRAYING the 49ers use the ammo they have (six picks within the first 100 selections) to get Mike Evans. I think he is the difference maker we need at receiver. One thing is for certain: Trent Baalke can NOT whiff on an entire draft again like he did in 2012. If we go corner early I won't be disappointed either. The only offensive piece I really want for us is receiver and/or maybe runningback. Other than that I have no issue with continuing to maintain the defense. Especially since we could be starting the season without Bowman AND Aldon Smith.

The Big G
05-01-2014, 04:27 AM
Can't wait until the draft. I'm PRAYING the 49ers use the ammo they have (six picks within the first 100 selections) to get Mike Evans. I think he is the difference maker we need at receiver. One thing is for certain: Trent Baalke can NOT whiff on an entire draft again like he did in 2012. If we go corner early I won't be disappointed either. The only offensive piece I really want for us is receiver and/or maybe runningback. Other than that I have no issue with continuing to maintain the defense. Especially since we could be starting the season without Bowman AND Aldon Smith.

My boy Reggie Mckenzies' ears are open to deal...if the price is right...

Siddon
05-01-2014, 04:27 AM
I'm sad the Texans are going to take Clowney while Manziel is likely Cleveland or back up bound. I really wanted to see Manziel get that one pick and try and make the Texans relevant this year.

I fear the AFC is going to be very predictable this year while the NFC is going to be a blood bath.

Jabare
05-01-2014, 06:30 AM
I just want to see where Manziel and clowney goes. For some reason not as pumped for the draft this year.

CSTowle
05-01-2014, 07:25 AM
My Pats are going to trade out of the first again anyway, so I'm in the same boat as Jabare as far as level of excitement. Supposed to be a deep draft this year though, so I hope we can pick up some extra picks. And we might sign Dustin Keller, who was an underrated player for the Jets and unfortunately injured all last year for the Dolphins but could be a big help for us this year (especially if Gronk misses time, which seems inevitable).

Kevin Davis
05-01-2014, 08:20 AM
I'm assuming this thread existed before the reboot, so I guess I'll jump in here. I generally frequented the Spider-Man boards, and most of the regular posters over there know me as a die-hard fan of the Green Bay Packers. Good to meet everyone in here, and I'll look forward to talking about football with all of you.

ESPECIALLY all you fans of the Chicago Ballet Squad...

PapaShogun
05-01-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm sad the Texans are going to take Clowney while Manziel is likely Cleveland or back up bound. I really wanted to see Manziel get that one pick and try and make the Texans relevant this year.

I fear the AFC is going to be very predictable this year while the NFC is going to be a blood bath.

I really want to see Watt and Clowney team up. The quaterback issue would still be unresolved (I would have just kept Schaub), but that just seems like a dream duo. if I'm a Texans fan I'd be happy either way with Clowney or Manziel.

Motown Rage
05-01-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm assuming this thread existed before the reboot, so I guess I'll jump in here. I generally frequented the Spider-Man boards, and most of the regular posters over there know me as a die-hard fan of the Green Bay Packers. Good to meet everyone in here, and I'll look forward to talking about football with all of you.

ESPECIALLY all you fans of the Chicago Ballet Squad...

Ah, there is always one fudge Packer in the crowd

Welcome aboard, looking forward to the discussions about the NFC North to come

Don C
05-01-2014, 07:13 PM
The Browns are pulling out all the stops--or scraping the bottom of the barrel--in looking for a good back-up QB. Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen have been brought in to back up Brian Hoyer. Both took part in a recent mini-camp. Reports are that Thigpen was clearly the better QB, but the Browns signed both men to one-year contracts.

They also signed journeyman linebacker Zac Diles.

CSTowle
05-01-2014, 07:15 PM
The Browns signed Vince Young (who had a pretty good pre-season last year for the Packers, surprised he never caught on anywhere else) and Tyler Thigpen (who showed flashes of decency with the Chiefs, but I haven't seen since). Between the two and Hoyer they should have two decent possible starters and can probably focus on the best available player rather than reaching for a QB. I'm a Pats fan, but I feel bad for the Browns and would like to see them have some success.

PS- Weird, I started writing before your message was up Don.

Jabare
05-01-2014, 07:20 PM
I feel bad for QBs that sign with the Browns. Other teams just chew those QBs up and spit them out. I'll always have that image of Colt McCoy getting destroyed by James Harrison in my mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfFW-Yezv0k

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/harrison-mccoy.gif
that play just epitomizes Browns QBs for the last decade.

worstblogever
05-01-2014, 07:32 PM
I feel bad for QBs that sign with the Browns. Other teams just chew those QBs up and spit them out. I'll always have that image of Colt McCoy getting destroyed by James Harrison in my mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfFW-Yezv0k

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/harrison-mccoy.gif
that play just epitomizes Browns QBs for the last decade.

For me, my Browns fan memory will always be the guy who showed up at an Arizona/Cleveland game with a Tim Couch Jersey... with a line through his name. Then, masking tape with the name Kelly Holcomb. Then a line through that. The pattern continued:

Couch
Holcomb
Garcia
McCown
Dilfer
Frye
Anderson
Quinn
Dorsey
Gradkowski
McCoy
Delhomme
Wallace

That last one was that day's starter. So... no line on it. Still, this guy had 12 pieces of tape on his jersey, underneath "COUCH", just to illustrate the point. Even more sad? He'd have to add, Weeden Lewis, Campbell, and Hoyer to that list already.

Your Browns QBs since 2001, ladies and gents.

Motown Rage
05-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Now see, that's^^^^funny and I am a Lions fan, so I know the Brown's pain

Sirnotappearinginthisthread
05-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Updated.

The Big G
05-01-2014, 10:23 PM
One week folks!

AlphaMale
05-01-2014, 11:10 PM

Have you heard anything about Texans quarterback situation?

signalman112
05-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Since 2007 the Vikings have had 10 starting QBs with Brett Farve being the best of the bunch.

I am hoping with the 1st at #8 the Vikes choose either Jake Matthews(OT) or Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix(Safety).
Maybe in the 2nd round get a QB.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-02-2014, 02:00 AM
Well, after my Eagles jettisoned Pro Bowler Desean Jackson two weeks ago, it's pretty much an open secret that we need a replacement at wide receiver, and the timing couldn't be better since the wideout class is the easily the largest in years, if not ever. My preference is for Kelvin Benjamin from Florida State who, at 6-5, 240 pounds is a beast, and will be there when the Birds pick at #22. Other choices I like are Allen Robinson from Penn State and Cody Latimer from Indiana. Can't wait for next Thursday!

danmar85
05-02-2014, 03:37 AM
Am I the first Cowboys fan here? Be gentle. Long time fan thanks to my dad. The last few years have been hard to watch. I love Romo to death, but jesus that guy can't help himself can he? The team lacks any real leadership even when they had players like Witten and Ware on the team. Getting by on mediocre play at best and play calling that makes no damn sense half the time. Jerry Jones needs to step back and hire a proper GM who knows what he's doing. Then get rid of Jason Garrett and hire a veteran coach who'll atleast light a fire under the team. Sigh..one can dream..

Deathstroke
05-02-2014, 04:05 AM
A friend of mine is a Browns fan (he was born and raised in Ohio before moving to Massachusetts) and there are times when I don't know how he lives with himself.

worstblogever
05-02-2014, 04:30 AM
Updated.

HA! Yeah, that's the one. Let's see how it goes until Hoyer goes down with an injury, or they inevitably opt to throw whatever rookie QB they've got out there to be the next victim.

PapaShogun
05-03-2014, 12:57 AM
49ers exercise 5th year option for Aldon Smith.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reported Friday that the team will exercise the pass rusher's fifth-year option, according to a source. The 49ers later confirmed the decision, just one day ahead of Saturday's deadline.

There were legitimate questions as to whether the 49ers would keep Smith around beyond 2014. General manager Trent Baalke acknowledged last week that the organization was "disappointed" with the outside linebacker's ballooning history of off-the-field concerns, the latest coming when Smith was booked on a false report of a bomb threat at the Los Angeles International Airport in April.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport told NFL Network on Friday that despite Smith becoming a "frustrating figure for the 49ers," the team "met on it" this week and considered the $9.754 million option a "smart business move" for the team.

Rapoport also reported that a turning point in the 49ers' decision to keep Smith was the All-Pro's reaction to a very intense and real conversation with Baalke on Wednesday, according to a source informed of the situation. Smith's response to the GM's words helped convince the Niners that he was worth committing to. Before this conversation, it was unlikely San Francisco would pick up Smith's fifth-year option.

Smith might still be subject to a league-imposed suspension for his latest antics, which come on the heels of multiple felony gun charges and a DUI during his time in San Francisco. He started last season on San Francisco's reserve/NFI list to undergo voluntary treatment for alcohol and drug issues before returning to the field in Week 9.

Were he not such a force on defense, the 49ers would have parted ways with Smith weeks ago -- if not last season -- but his 42 sacks over 43 career appearances are irreplaceable. Baalke and friends are betting on the fourth-year defender getting his life together in a hurry.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346240/article/aldon-smith-has-fifthyear-option-exercised-by-49ers

WestPhillyPunisher
05-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Am I the first Cowboys fan here? Be gentle. Long time fan thanks to my dad. The last few years have been hard to watch. I love Romo to death, but jesus that guy can't help himself can he? The team lacks any real leadership even when they had players like Witten and Ware on the team. Getting by on mediocre play at best and play calling that makes no damn sense half the time. Jerry Jones needs to step back and hire a proper GM who knows what he's doing. Then get rid of Jason Garrett and hire a veteran coach who'll atleast light a fire under the team. Sigh..one can dream..

As an Eagles fan, it used to be great fun to diss, dump on and generally hate the Cowgirls. Nowadays, Dallas is more America's Punchline than America's Team, heck, I even feel sorry for them. Well, perhaps just a little. Heh! I'm sure you know Jerry is the team's worst enemy because he thinks he's a great GM even though he's clearly not, but his colossal ego won't allow him to bring in a real GM. As for Tony Romo (I call him "Tony Turnover"), I can't help but chuckle at the guy due to his habit of coughing up the ball like clockwork, then there's Garrett, any other team might've fired him by now, but I suspect the reason Jerry keeps him around is because no coach with even a smidgen of pride would willingly be Jerry's puppet on the sidelines. Don't take this personally, friend, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Dallas finishes the 2014 in last place in NFC East.

worstblogever
05-03-2014, 02:54 AM

I used to remember someone else around these parts who was a pretty level-headed Cowpokes fan.

These days, though... all the Dallas Cowboys fans I meet seem more focused on how Jerry Jones is turning into the next Al Davis, then discussing what's happening on the field. I haven't heard any one of them think they have a shot at the Super Bowl, the past two or three years.

Which is amazing, because for whatever reason, it seems like some "respected" NFL commentator picks Dallas in their preseason Super Bowl picks.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-03-2014, 03:04 AM
I used to remember someone else around these parts who was a pretty level-headed Cowpokes fan.

These days, though... all the Dallas Cowboys fans I meet seem more focused on how Jerry Jones is turning into the next Al Davis, then discussing what's happening on the field. I haven't heard any one of them think they have a shot at the Super Bowl, the past two or three years.

Which is amazing, because for whatever reason, it seems like some "respected" NFL commentator picks Dallas in their preseason Super Bowl picks.

Would that be Troy Aikman? :p

worstblogever
05-03-2014, 03:18 AM
Would that be Troy Aikman? :p

Colin Cowherd, a couple times.

And please note, the word respected was in quotations to denote sarcasm on my part.

danmar85
05-03-2014, 03:18 AM

On paper yeah, they always have a chance at a Super Bowl, but we all know from experience that this team has made the same mistakes on field for the last few seasons. As bad as they play they still amazingly always end up with an 8-8 or 9-8 record. It just shows you how much talent they actually have when they can play poorly for 3 quarters and pull out a miracle in the 4th. Romo has a talent for the game losing interception, but all the Dallas fans who think he should be traded or let go need to come back to reality. Good luck replacing someone of Romo's talent anytime soon.

Deathstroke
05-03-2014, 04:25 AM
The draft should be interesting for the Patriots this year. Despite reading as much as I can in the newspapers, I have absolutely no idea what direction the team will look for their picks.

worstblogever
05-03-2014, 04:31 AM
On paper yeah, they always have a chance at a Super Bowl, but we all know from experience that this team has made the same mistakes on field for the last few seasons. As bad as they play they still amazingly always end up with an 8-8 or 9-8 record. It just shows you how much talent they actually have when they can play poorly for 3 quarters and pull out a miracle in the 4th. Romo has a talent for the game losing interception, but all the Dallas fans who think he should be traded or let go need to come back to reality. Good luck replacing someone of Romo's talent anytime soon.

My first impression is, you are one of those "realistic" Cowboys fans. That's a fair assessment of where they're at. The defense definitely needs some upgrades, this year, for them to get a whiff of the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.

The draft should be interesting for the Patriots this year. Despite reading as much as I can in the newspapers, I have absolutely no idea what direction the team will look for their picks.

They justifiably have a lot of needs, don't they? They lost one star TE to criminal charges, the other is seemingly a china doll with injuries. They lost their top run-stopper, and they still don't have a bona fide WR. Improving the pass rush, or offensive lines wouldn't be a crazy idea.

I think we can rule out a QB in the first round, at least. I'm personally thinking they're going to see if they can get Rashede Hageman out of University of Minnesota late in the first round, if he's there. Barring that, maybe Louis Nix from Notre Dame.

The Big G
05-03-2014, 04:46 AM
I wanna see the pats draft Manziel

Gronk and johnny Football...best reality tv show ever

CSTowle
05-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Well, ol' Wilfork is back and Mayo will be there so we shouldn't be near the bottom of the league in run D this year (I hope), but it probably wouldn't hurt to pick up a D-tackle if a good one is there. O-Line depth wouldn't hurt, but that can be gotten later than the first. I don't think any TE outside Ebron is worth a 1st rounder, and he won't fall to us. No pass rusher worth the pick will fall that far, and experts predict 5 WRs will be off the board so I'd rather not use our pick on the 6th best. My guess, as I've said before, is we trade back for more depth picks. Makes the first day less exciting to watch as a Pats fan, but if it leads to a better team come Week 1 then I'm all for it.

worstblogever
05-03-2014, 11:50 AM
The Vikings have decided to not pick up the 5th year option on Christian Ponder. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10877491/minnesota-vikings-decline-christian-ponder-fifth-year-option) Which means he'll be a free agent after this season. Maybe sooner, if the Vikings opt to cut him, after drafting his replacement.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-04-2014, 02:52 AM
The Vikings have decided to not pick up the 5th year option on Christian Ponder. (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10877491/minnesota-vikings-decline-christian-ponder-fifth-year-option) Which means he'll be a free agent after this season. Maybe sooner, if the Vikings opt to cut him, after drafting his replacement.

I think that if the Vikings draft a QB on Thursday, Ponder is good as gone before this season.

Don C
05-04-2014, 03:06 PM
New mock draft on nfl.com has the Browns picking....Han Solo? (http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000346372/star-wars-mock-draft)

The Big G
05-04-2014, 03:39 PM
New mock draft on nfl.com has the Browns picking....Han Solo? (http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000346372/star-wars-mock-draft)

We should have traded down for Vader....

Though Palpatine is a nice pick up...

Tra-EL
05-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Diehard Steelers fan here. Many holes to fill ontop of major depth concerns in key positions, especially on the defensive front, but they are getting younger and have added speed to the secondary. The interior of the defense in all 3 levels is a concern, especially NT and MLB. Though we are getting younger defensively, I look for the Steelers to go a stud corner like Dennard/Gilbert at CB round 1 or give Ben a big target at wideout if somebody like Mike Evans falls to #15, which is doubtful but doable. Going to be an interesting draft in the Steel City and judging by their prior draft class, this is a pretty damn big one for the Steelers as they need a big hit. They were a team in transition the last few years and looked to be dysfunctional during that time span but still faught hard to keep their playoff hopes alive and was the last team to be eliminated from contention in '13 so there is hope that the Steelers can end their slump and make a bid atop the AFC NORTH. Love the RB duo, btw. Bell and Blount is going to give defense's something to shit about!

Tra-EL
05-04-2014, 05:41 PM

Me and a big group flew to Dallas in 2013. My half-brother is a diehard Cowboys fan and has season tickets. We got VIP and on the field pass's so it was unbelievable to experience that. Jerry World is just that, Jerry World and only focus's on pre-game fireworks and rock-concerts than the actual game. Stadium was pretty dominated by Terrible Towels throughout every section and the game, from the kickoff to the OT GW field goal was absolutely electrifying. I've been to a TON of Steelers games, but that Cowboys game was insane and one of the best games played in 2013 as a whole. Too bad Big Ben Romo'd it before Romo could Romo it. That place went out of its mind when Ben threw that INT in Overtime but overall, a great experience. Cowboys fans were kind and nice so I have a new level of respect for the fanbase.

danmar85
05-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Me and a big group flew to Dallas in 2013. My half-brother is a diehard Cowboys fan and has season tickets. We got VIP and on the field pass's so it was unbelievable to experience that. Jerry World is just that, Jerry World and only focus's on pre-game fireworks and rock-concerts than the actual game. Stadium was pretty dominated by Terrible Towels throughout every section and the game, from the kickoff to the OT GW field goal was absolutely electrifying. I've been to a TON of Steelers games, but that Cowboys game was insane and one of the best games played in 2013 as a whole. Too bad Big Ben Romo'd it before Romo could Romo it. That place went out of its mind when Ben threw that INT in Overtime but overall, a great experience. Cowboys fans were kind and nice so I have a new level of respect for the fanbase.

I'm glad to hear the fans treated you so well. It's fine to have a little good natured fun, but some fans take it to far. It always disgusts me when I hear about an attack on an opposing teams fans on the news. When I was younger my parents and I went to visit my brother who was studying at UT Austin. It just so happened the Cowboys were holding training camp that year so we decided to stop by. It was amazing seeing the big three in person, but it's been at least 16 years since then, which makes me feel old now... I was probably 11-12 years old at the time. A few of the players came over to give signatures to the fans in the stand. Unfortunately I was a pretty shy kid so by the time my parents convinced me to go over and try for signature there was a pretty decent crowd of people. Still..if I really wanted to, I could have gotten at least one signature..sigh. No regrets though.

Tra-EL
05-04-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm glad to hear the fans treated you so well. It's fine to have a little good natured fun, but some fans take it to far. It always disgusts me when I hear about an attack on an opposing teams fans on the news. When I was younger my parents and I went to visit my brother who was studying at UT Austin. It just so happened the Cowboys were holding training camp that year so we decided to stop by. It was amazing seeing the big three in person, but it's been at least 16 years since then, which makes me feel old now... I was probably 11-12 years old at the time. A few of the players came over to give signatures to the fans in the stand. Unfortunately I was a pretty shy kid so by the time my parents convinced me to go over and try for signature there was a pretty decent crowd of people. Still..if I really wanted to, I could have gotten at least one signature..sigh. No regrets though.

I hear some horror stories sometimes around the league in away stadiums, especially between rivals or within the same division fanbases. The only away games I've ever been to were Cleveland (who were nasty) and Dallas. People in Texas are kind and laid back people as it is so my entire experience in Texas was a treat. I know the Steelers/Cowboys rivarly is one of the most heated nostalgic rivalries in football but the fanbase's showed their respect for each other which was cool. Training camp experiences are cool too. Been to many and tried to go every year. Haven't went the last few years though but it's always awesome to see the players interact with fans in a genuine way. Highly looking forward to this season. A lot of BAD TASTE left in Steelers fans mouths so I can just imagine what Cowboys fans feel like after many years of mediocrity with some Pro-Bowl talent across the board.

danmar85
05-04-2014, 08:31 PM
I hear some horror stories sometimes around the league in away stadiums, especially between rivals or within the same division fanbases. The only away games I've ever been to were Cleveland (who were nasty) and Dallas. People in Texas are kind and laid back people as it is so my entire experience in Texas was a treat. I know the Steelers/Cowboys rivarly is one of the most heated nostalgic rivalries in football but the fanbase's showed their respect for each other which was cool. Training camp experiences are cool too. Been to many and tried to go every year. Haven't went the last few years though but it's always awesome to see the players interact with fans in a genuine way. Highly looking forward to this season. A lot of BAD TASTE left in Steelers fans mouths so I can just imagine what Cowboys fans feel like after many years of mediocrity with some Pro-Bowl talent across the board.

Ya, I'm not sure if I can stomach watching this year. We've technically had worse seasons right after Troy left, but atleast they had an excuse to struggle. We'll see how the draft goes. It snuck up on me unexpectedly. I usually only watch the first two rounds, but it's become unbearable. In a way it's slow and there are plans to make it last longer, which is a horrible idea that only appeals to hardcore fans. On the other hand, I watch hoping they'll talk a bit about any picks my team make in detail, but half the time it's rushed or cut short so in that regard having more time makes sense. I'd rather leave it as is and go online to ESPN or similar site and get detailed videos pertaining to each player of interest.

I still remember when Irvin went down with a neck injury and the Philly fans literally cheered the whole time. That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. The NFC East rivalries are extreme in general.

Wedge Antilles
05-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Eagles sign 6'9" former US Army Ranger:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10885739/philadelphia-eagles-sign-alejandro-villanueva-6-foot-9-former-us-army-ranger

The first thought that came to my mind was that the Dolphins need to pull off a similar signing. Just to clean the cesspool that is their team environment.

Disclaimer: Not a Dolphins or Eagles fan here. Steelers fan.

Marc Lombardi
05-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Well, after my Eagles jettisoned Pro Bowler Desean Jackson two weeks ago, it's pretty much an open secret that we need a replacement at wide receiver, and the timing couldn't be better since the wideout class is the easily the largest in years, if not ever. My preference is for Kelvin Benjamin from Florida State who, at 6-5, 240 pounds is a beast, and will be there when the Birds pick at #22. Other choices I like are Allen Robinson from Penn State and Cody Latimer from Indiana. Can't wait for next Thursday!

I used to be a die hard Eagles fan and a big fan of the Packers since the very dawn of the Brett Favre era (which also aligned with the Reggie White era there). Still followed the Pack for a long while and then when the Eagles signed Vick I hated Philly overnight. Now that both Vick AND Andy Reid are gone I find myself knowing I no longer need to root against them. I just cant find it in my heart to throw my passion back into the team. It may take another year. At least until then I still have my Packers to root for...

I want the Packers to take a linebacker in the first round. They really need to beef up their D. O-line wouldn't hurt either. Neither are particularly sexy positions but ultimately they're going to plug some needs.

The Eagles screwed themselves over the way they unceremoniously dumped D-Jax. It would have made sense to hold onto him until at least the draft to see if they could have used him to move upwards in the draft. At this rate they've just messed up their board by adding in a new legitimate need. I think they're more in need of a safety but at this point they have to draft a WR in the first round or they're going to be hurting. I wouldn't mind seeing them get Marquis Lee from USC. He seems like a total 180 from Jackson in terms of personality & character (I don't think he'll have his buddies rob his house for him while he's on vacation like DeSean did). I'm not a follower of the "Church of NFL Mastermind Chip Kelly" but I do think his offense is interesting. Kelly could get away with spreading Jackson's workload over newcomer Darren Sproles, TE Zach Ertz and whatever player they draft in the 1st/2nd round. In other words -- whoever they draft at WR only needs to catch about 40-50 passes to make an immediate impact. They're going to put Sproles in the slot as well as use some interesting two back sets with him and Shady in the backfield (like Jackson did last season).

Tra-EL
05-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Disclaimer: Not a Dolphins or Eagles fan here. Steelers fan.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ikq3OmGW1qf1qcoo1_400.gif

The Big G
05-05-2014, 09:32 PM
So should we start posting our mock drafts?

Wedge Antilles
05-05-2014, 09:59 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ikq3OmGW1qf1qcoo1_400.gif

Love it!!! :cool:

So should we start posting our mock drafts?

Perhaps. Is there a fantasy mock draft type game, say, on ESPN or Yahoo?

CSTowle
05-06-2014, 05:59 AM
There's a feature on NFL.com for individuals to do it, not sure if they give the option to have groups do it to compare accuracy. They don't seem to allow for trades in any case, and I see trades happening all over the place. As I've said before, I'm hoping my Patriots trade out of the first for more picks.

Manchuto
05-06-2014, 06:32 AM
In NFL News -

Vikings don't pick up 2015 option on Christian Ponder's contract

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24549791/vikings-dont-pick-up-option-on-christian-ponders-contract

Veteran pass rusher Will Smith signed a contract with the New England Patriots

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346708/article/will-smith-signs-contract-with-new-england-patriots

Denver Broncos sign defensive tackle Marvin Austin

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25699081/marvin-austin-signed-by-broncos-free-agent-bolster-defensive-line

JDogindy
05-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Former NFL player James Hardy tased by LAPD.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-nfl-player-james-hardy-arrested-lapd-20140505-story.html

Manchuto
05-07-2014, 07:29 AM
In NFL News -

Bills' Dareus arrested for possession of a controlled substance

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000347298/article/buffalo-bills-dt-marcell-dareus-arrested-in-alabama

Cardinals sign Larry Foote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/cardinals-sign-linebacker-larry-foote/

Seahawks' Chancellor undergoes hip surgery

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014/05/06/report-seahawks-safety-kam-chancellor-underwent-surgery/

Jabare
05-07-2014, 01:08 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ravens-sack-1.avi.gif

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/ravens-sack-3.avi.gif

worstblogever
05-07-2014, 01:13 PM
It's just really hard being an offensive line in Pittsburgh these days. Ben Roethlisberger's giant melon head is so big, it has its own gravitational pull, and pulls opposing defenders right up into it.

Don C
05-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Richard Sherman got a contract that matches his ego, now. He signed a four-year, $57.4 million extension with the Seahawks today. I don't know that any corner is worth that much money, but it's hard to argue with his stats. He has 57 career passes defended and 20 interceptions. That means 1 out of every 3 balls throw his way are picked off. Hell, last season he did even better. He defended 16 passes and intercepted 8 of them. That's some serious shut down power.

WestPhillyPunisher
05-08-2014, 01:26 AM
At long, LONG last! The Draft is tonight! I'll do my best to stay up until my Eagles pick at #22. Should be interesting to see who Chip Kelly chooses, a wide receiver or a defensive back.

Don C
05-08-2014, 04:39 AM
USA Today is reporting that the NFL is thinking of moving the 2015 draft out of New York. Roger Goodell said the league has interest from Chicago and Los Angeles, among "other markets."

Great idea, I think. First place they should go is Canton, Ohio. Have the draft at the NFL Hall of Fame.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 05:01 AM
Any news about Michael Sam recently. I read some articles now and than but none really pertain to the draft, just talking about his courage and how he will fit in/impact the NFL culture.

USA Today is reporting that the NFL is thinking of moving the 2015 draft out of New York. Roger Goodell said the league has interest from Chicago and Los Angeles, among "other markets."

Great idea, I think. First place they should go is Canton, Ohio. Have the draft at the NFL Hall of Fame.

Chicago or LA I get. Canton doesn't really make sense to me. The Draft is a media circus you'd want it in a big an accessible city, so that scratches some names off the list

The Big G
05-08-2014, 05:23 AM
Any news about Michael Sam recently. I read some articles now and than but none really pertain to the draft, just talking about his courage and how he will fit in/impact the NFL culture.

I heard something recently. I think most people analysts have him mocked as a late 3rd day prospect.

I'm rooting for the guy, but the DE/OLB tweener size is gunna hurt him

CSTowle
05-08-2014, 06:25 AM
I have no skin in the game, but I'd rather see it in Canton than LA. If you're going to travel to see the draft, why not have a two-fer and see the Hall of Fame? And I think the locals would be more enthusiastic than the LA natives about the whole deal.

Wouldn't mind seeing my Pats take a flyer on Sam, we need pass rush and not a lot of exciting options past Khalil Mack. If we're going to take a chance on one I'd rather it was later in the draft (especially considering our draft history with OLB/DE, and CBs, and WRs, and....).

danmar85
05-08-2014, 06:33 AM
I agree that it should be held in Canton. It pays homage to the past while looking to the future. Who wouldn't want to visit such a place?

Manchuto
05-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Hopefully my Giants are able to pickup up another good Offensive lineman this year like we did last year with Pugh. Maybe the G-Men can snag Martin out of Notre Dame at the 12 slot who can play guard or tackle. I'm also interested to see where Manziel goes, just for entertainment value.

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Hopefully my Rams can trade back out of the #2 slot and pick up a boatload of picks down the board.

If not, I hope they go with the big OL from Auburn. You can never have enough of those guys.

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 07:59 AM
I heard something recently. I think most people analysts have him mocked as a late 3rd day prospect.

I'm rooting for the guy, but the DE/OLB tweener size is gunna hurt him

This is what I have heard too and he has been covered pretty extensively here in MO.

Regardless of where he goes or when, I am so rooting for the guy. I followed Mizzou football all last year and had no clue that Sam was gay. No one did. I'll always remember his game winning play in the Cotton Bowl. That was a really exciting moment.

danmar85
05-08-2014, 08:26 AM
As a Cowboys fan I haven't really followed them this off season. All I know is that Demarcus is gone.. other then that I'm in the dark. I can probably safely say they need A LOT of help on defense. It doesn't help that your most important players are always hurt so having a deep roster is helpful. Didn't they run out of LB's by the end of the season? Oh geez... I guess I'd like them to pick up an impact player, preferably a hybrid OLB/DE with a non-stop engine. If he's known to be a leader on the field, even better, because they'll need it. If they stick to Linebackers, D-Line and the Secondary I think they'll be okay. One decent offensive pick should be permitted. It should be fun to watch atleast.

Manchuto
05-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Usually on draft day I go with my father and go out to eat at some Hot wings place and have a beer and just take in all the hype. It's definitely an excuse to go out and have a good time and create, build, a buzz and dream about how this year's draft pick will be the franchise player that will bring home a championship. Although the draft itself can be a little slow and boring from time to time.... and that's why we have something called beer!

Jabare
05-08-2014, 10:46 AM
watch all these mock drafts be wrong

Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon
05-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Firestormthenuclearman that's the user name I had before the reset which is mostly shocking to me.
As you can see now I have a new user name.

Anyways there is talk of let's just get to the draft going which I agree with so more people don't continue to nitpick and find other negatives with players.
Bayless says the texans will rue the day if they don't draft Johnny Manziel. Really my gosh Bayless it sounds like he's making him out to be a hall of fame qb when he hasn't played a single damn game. Not saying he can't be very good or great but it's not like if the texans draft bortles, bridgewater or some other qb that isn't manziel that they are doomed of garbage.

If anyone ever hated the raiders when they were a successful team I think it has to do with they were guilty of penalties that were clearly over the line and dirty. Now they are in the abyss of garbage repeating the same damn mistakes, and find new ways to lose games or the same old ways.
I guess you could say the raiders are the bad news bears of the nfl.

Fun fact the bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1990 vs the oilers. 23 nfl seasons without a playoff win that's record.

Vibranium
05-08-2014, 01:02 PM
as a Giants fan, the G Men typically don't rely on the draft for impact, with some exceptions, ELI, team is usually built through free agency

Jabare
05-08-2014, 03:45 PM
No clue who the Ravens will draft we've got some holes. Defense I think we can still be solid we were better last year. The offense is the big quesiotn mark. Even since the colts left town Baltimore's offense has always gone through the run. So there are offensive line and running-back questions (especially with the Ray Rice situation). Could always use another ball catcher. Not sold on 34 year old Steve Smith and 31 year old Owen Daniels. A tight end would be nice, but Ebrons the best tight end and they say he can't block and Ravens already have two pass catching tight ends.

Got a feeling Ravens will just go defense or trade out of the first.

Less than two hours to go

Marc Lombardi
05-08-2014, 04:08 PM
No clue who the Ravens will draft we've got some holes. Defense I think we can still be solid we were better last year. The offense is the big quesiotn mark. Even since the colts left town Baltimore's offense has always gone through the run. So there are offensive line and running-back questions (especially with the Ray Rice situation). Could always use another ball catcher. Not sold on 34 year old Steve Smith and 31 year old Owen Daniels. A tight end would be nice, but Ebrons the best tight end and they say he can't block and Ravens already have two pass catching tight ends.

Got a feeling Ravens will just go defense or trade out of the first.

Less than two hours to go
Did Pitta leave? Didn't he just get healthy at the very end of last season?

Don C
05-08-2014, 04:22 PM

Sam had a horrible turn at the scouting combine. Last I read, he might not even get drafted. Honestly, I can see Roger Goodell going to a team in the later rounds and calling in a favor just to avoid the hint of bad publicity.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Goddell doesn't have that kind of power. Ultimately he works for the owners and he can't impose a move like that if no one wants to do it. That would just go against the power structure of the NFL. If it was a disciplinary scenario maybe I could see it. But to force a team to draft a player even in the seventh round...I just can't see it.

But back to Sam dude was a beast in College I don't put too much stock in the combine. I think he will be a solid player wherever he goes as long as he works hard

Did Pitta leave? Didn't he just get healthy at the very end of last season?

yeah Pitta just got a big contract and he's still one of the Ravens go to offensive playmakers, but the #2 TE Ed Dickson left in Free Agency. Plus we don't have a blocking tight end anymore. Ideally if the offensive line improves (got a new center and resigned the LT) the offense should be better. Ravens have weapons in the passing game so Joe Flacco of two years ago just needs to show up. But the running game is a big question mark with Ray Rice's availability is in question and the second string running-back coming or rotator cuff surgery.

From about 2008-2012 I'd been really high on the Ravens always had a really good tough roster and always felt we could go all the way. Last season and the upcoming season I'm luke warm on the Ravens chances of winning the Super Bowl. I could see them making the playoffs but Ravens have more holes than they've had in years. Ozzie Newsome has done the best patch job he can, young players will just have to step up

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Sam had a horrible turn at the scouting combine. Last I read, he might not even get drafted. Honestly, I can see Roger Goodell going to a team in the later rounds and calling in a favor just to avoid the hint of bad publicity.

True, Sam did have a bad combine. However, he did better at the Mizzou Pro Day. I think some team will take him in the later rounds. Whoever does will get themselves a solid player. If you can be the Defensive Player of the Year in the SEC then you should be able to be at least a serviceable NFL player.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Houston should draft a QB lets be honest here. That is the one piece they are missing.

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 04:58 PM
I feel bad for the fans of the team that will draft Johnny Football. He's gonna be the next Matt Leinart.

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 05:17 PM
And just like that my fever pipe dream of Clowney droping to number 6 somehow is shattered by reality.

Oh well time to get an Offensive tackle

Houston should draft a QB lets be honest here. That is the one piece they are missing.

Nah Kiper was right, you can't overdraft that hard based on need when you have a pick that high, there simply wasn't a Quarterback sure thing elite enough to draft number 1

Manchuto
05-08-2014, 05:22 PM
It's official, The Texans draft Jadeveon Clowney for the First pick of the 2014 NFL draft.

CenturianSpy
05-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Time for the Rams to disappoint their fans...

Edit: damn that's a huge man...

Don C
05-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Okay, get the cameras on Khalil Mack next.

Manchuto
05-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Rams select OT Greg Robinson.

Now the question is if the Jags will select Johnny Football. They need some sort of star power and a qb.

Jabare
so who is going to draft Manziel?

Hapless Henchman
Solid pick by the Rams in Robinson. Let's hope he doesn't turn out like that god awful Jason Smith. Now to sit back and wait for #13.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 05:31 PM
WHAT?!?!?!?!!?!?1? Blake Bortles?!!?!?!?!?!?

They need a QB but....

EDIT: Well you never know could work out great. Just caught me off-guard.

I'm more worried about the system than Blake. Players go to Jacksonville to get paid not to win

CenturianSpy
Rams select OT Greg Robinson.

Now the question is if the Jags will select Johnny Football. They need some sort of star power and a qb.Well they went with a QB...

Hapless Henchman
so who is going to draft Manziel?

I think he is going to be sitting awhile. May not go in first round.

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 05:32 PM
...Bortles is the first QB? Really?

CenturianSpy
05-08-2014, 05:33 PM
so who is going to draft Manziel?He's not even wearing a jacket, yet...I assume he knows it won't be any time soon.

Manchuto
05-08-2014, 05:33 PM
The Jags get a QB, a homer in Blake Bortles. Solid pick imo.

Don C
05-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Browns' phone has to be ringing off the hook now, with Mack still on the board. Hell, I wouldn't mind if we took him.

Edit: Browns trade with Buffalo. I hope Mike Evans is still there at 9. And damn, we robbed them. We get their Round 1 and Round 4 picks for next year.

Edit II: They took Watkins? Wow. I thought they were going for Mack.

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Buffalo is going to take Mack.

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 05:35 PM
TRADE /10Char

Manchuto
05-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Bills making a move, probably looking for some line help for A.J Manuels.

Hapless Henchman
Buffalo is going to take Mack.

Well, I was wrong. The pick is WR Watkins.

CenturianSpy
The Jags get a QB, a homer in Blake Bortles. Solid pick imo.She'll help sell seats, too:

http://i.imgur.com/FVTo7BI.jpg

Hiromi
Watkins, going for weapons instead

Jabare
SAMMY WATKINS noooooo!!!! he was suppose to fall to 17!

Bills gave up a lot but they got a great player

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 05:38 PM
And Bills go WR with Sammy Watkins.

EDIT:

Bills possibly paid too much for the trade.

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm not even going to guess what Oakland is going to do.

Manchuto
05-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Cleveland dropping from 4 to 9 in the first round and picking up a first rounder next year. Not too shabby if they still get the player they wanted at 9.

CenturianSpy
05-08-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm not even going to guess what Oakland is going to do.They got to go defense, right?

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 05:42 PM
I'm laughing at Skip Bayless's twitter right now

Texans will forever regret not drafting Manziel
Rams are making a huge mistake sticking with Bradford and not picking Manziel
What are the Jags doing not drafting Manziel
Browns are yet another team that will regret not taking Manziel

Jabare
05-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Great pick by Oakland! Great pick! This dude is a stud. I think he's better than Clowney

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Wow, the Raiders made a non retarded draft pick

Which means the Falcons are almost certainly going to draft Mathews

Manchuto
05-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Watching Matt Millen talking and critiquing any other position than Wide Receiver is funny.

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Cleveland dropping from 4 to 9 in the first round and picking up a first rounder next year. Not too shabby if they still get the player they wanted at 9.

I like that move. They'll still get a good player at 9.

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 05:47 PM
I feel sorry for those members of the media who have to hype Maziel. I' m looking at you Gruden...

CenturianSpy
Watching Matt Millen talking and critiquing any other position than Wide Receiver is funny.Watching the NFL network instead of ESPN, huh? My hatred of Chris Berman might make me switch over...

Edit: it's too late...I'm hypnotized by Mel Kiper's hair.

Manchuto
I'm laughing at Skip Bayless's twitter right now

Texans will forever regret not drafting Manziel
Rams are making a huge mistake sticking with Bradford and not picking Manziel
What are the Jags doing not drafting Manziel
Browns are yet another team that will regret not taking Manziel

Johnny Manziel is Skip Bayless's new Tim Tebow Topic Replacement

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 05:50 PM

Supposedly, they wanted Sammy Watkins, though. So... why trade out of the position to let someone else swipe him?

Because. Taking Manziel at #9 seems more sane. Seriously, they're shaping their day around trying to justify that risk. Which, I'm not going to dog out Johnny Football, but still, taking the best guy there, and maybe trading back up from their late 1st rounder to snag him before someone else would have been smarter.

Don C
05-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Ray Lewis is so out of his depth trying to be Tom Jackson to Chris Berman's Chris Berman.

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Wow, the Raiders made a non retarded draft pick

Which means the Falcons are almost certainly going to draft Mathews

And correct, no complaint from me whatsoever

Don C
05-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Supposedly, they wanted Sammy Watkins, though. So... why trade out of the position to let someone else swipe him?

According to the media here, we were more interested in Mike Evans. Rumor was Atlanta wanted to trade up, not Buffalo, though.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 05:52 PM
ok I have no idea who is picking who now. Are we going to see a run on offensive lineman?

Jabare
05-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Watching the NFL network instead of ESPN, huh? My hatred of Chris Berman might make me switch over...

Edit: it's too late...I'm hypnotized by Mel Kiper's hair.

I'm only watching ESPN for Ray Lewis that man is must see tv.

He's better at analyzing games. A lot better than some of ESPN's regular guys he doesn't sugar coat it or neglect certain phases of the game. He's usually clean shaven though not sure what happened, his barber must have been sick or something

Jabare
05-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Bucs might take Manziel, lets see

Don C
05-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Bastards! That was our guy!

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:00 PM
damn Mel Kiper and Ray Lewis called it. Mike Evans.

Bucs just got dangerous. If Josh McCowen can play like he did last year I think Tampa will be in the playoffs

Hapless Henchman
Dang! I would have loved for Evans to slip to the Rams at 13. Before you say anything, I know it was never going to happen...

CenturianSpy
Mike Evans is a solid pick.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Ray Lewis is so out of his depth trying to be Tom Jackson to Chris Berman's Chris Berman.

During the opening, I noted a lot of awkward pauses, and thought, "Ray's new in there. I don't know that he has any chemistry with Berman, Gruden, or Kiper. This might be a little ugly for the first hour."

According to the media here, we were more interested in Mike Evans. Rumor was Atlanta wanted to trade up, not Buffalo, though.

Then they blew it, because Tampa Bay just got Mike Evans at #7. Now watch Minnesota take Manziel at #8.

Don C
05-08-2014, 06:02 PM
We traded with the Vikings.

Please don't say "Johnny Football"

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Wow! Who did the Browns trade up one spot for?

CenturianSpy
05-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Johnny Foozball is the devil!

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Huh, without knowing their pick I'm reasonably impressed by the Browns so far, they drop back a few spots and still have a top 10 pick and get a an extra first next year

Edit: Well now not so much

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Wow! Who did the Browns trade up one spot for?

Justin Gilbert? Who? Why?

worstblogever
LOL. Cleveland panics and drops a 5th rounder "just in case"... then takes Justin Gilbert. Jimmy Haslem's crew are morons. I'm sorry DonC.

Don C
Who the flick is he and why did we move up to get him?

CenturianSpy
Gilbert?!!! What???!!!

Jabare
wow Cleveland don't ever change.

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Skip Bayless lost his mind on the Mike Evans Tampa pick.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:07 PM
They already have decent corners, too. And it's not like their division is loaded with passing juggernauts. Makes no sense.

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Who the flick is he and why did we move up to get him?

I'm sorry dude. I don't know where that pick came from.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Maybe they all watched "Draft Day" with Kevin Costner and thought it was a documentary for how to run a draft?

C-Cool
05-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Cleveland was doing decent, too. Then they did a Bennett, just like the Cavs.

Don C
05-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Gods dammit. The one thing I was really worried about in this draft was the Browns taking some out-of-left-field pick trying to look smarter than the rest of the league.

So of course it's what we freakin' do.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/Don3172/browns-fail_zpsdaee4511.jpg

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Cleveland and Jacksonville same ole same ole. We shouldn't be surprised at this point.

At least Jacksonville took a top rated QB. Je's going to get eaten a live in that system and division but at least I understood the pick. I don't even think this dude was the best corner in the draft

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Maybe they all watched "Draft Day" with Kevin Costner and thought it was a documentary for how to run a draft?

Well for that to be true people would have had to have watched Draft Day

Don C
05-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Well, at least Minnesota is drafting oddly, too. Nice to know it isn't just the Browns.

CenturianSpy
05-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Barry Sanders!!!!

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Nice to see Barry Sanders. Needed to adjust the microphone though.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:16 PM
so Minnesota's pick....um

Mister Ferro
OMG, Johnny Football looks to be available @ 16. Jerry please don't do it.

Hiromi
Well the teams that are perennially at the top of this thing are there for a reason

worstblogever
Well for that to be true people would have had to have watched Draft Day

HA! Nice one.

At this point, all the teams around #20 are starting to drool and hope a guy they're coveting drops with some of these past 3 picks.

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 06:17 PM

I want this to happen just so I can watch Skip Bayless's on screen orgasm

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:17 PM
so Minnesota's pick....um

I saw people predicting Arizona snagging Barr around #20. Grabbing him at #9... a bit early. Especially considering the guy was playing RB two years ago.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:18 PM

There's a visual no one needed. Ugh.

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Love the way the media is in love with Johnny Football but the fans and apparently the teams are not. I really hope the Rams don't take him at 13.

CenturianSpy
05-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Love the way the media is in love with Johnny Football but the fans and apparently the teams are not. I really hope the Rams don't take him at 13.They better pick up a secondary player.

Don C
05-08-2014, 06:21 PM

I'm reading his Twitter right now. Is he on the Manzel Family payroll or something?

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 06:23 PM
They better pick up a secondary player.

Right. We need a safety. Hopefully Ha Ha is available.

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm reading his Twitter right now. Is he on the Manzel Family payroll or something?

He typically latches onto a college player every few years and becomes a gigantic cheerleader for that player for the rest of his career, he did it for Tebow, then RG3, and now Manziel

CenturianSpy
05-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Right. We need a safety. Hopefully Ha Ha is available.Exactly what I'm thinking and hoping for.

Don C
05-08-2014, 06:28 PM

Hate to break it to you, Ferro Lad, but Jerry's probably renegotiating his deal with Mephisto right now.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Right. We need a safety. Hopefully Ha Ha is available.

nah thats too soon for Ha Ha he's gonna fall to the Ravens

CenturianSpy
05-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Hate to break it to you, Ferro Lad, but Jerry's probably renegotiating his deal with Mephisto right now.I'm surprised Jerry hasn't changed his surname to "Football", yet. That might come at #16, too.

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Hate to break it to you, Ferro Lad, but Jerry's probably renegotiating his deal with Mephisto right now.

No, don't say that!!!!

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Half the mocks I saw have St. Louis taking Ha Ha Clinton-Dix here. I hope they're wrong, because I'd like if him or Calvin Pryor fell to AZ, personally. Cardinals were the worst team in the NFL, statistically, at defending TEs last year. Yeremiah Bell is contemplating retirement, too.

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Come on Rams. Make it a good one...

Don C
05-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has the best name in the draft.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:34 PM

His mother created the ultimate Monica Lewinsky joke.

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 06:34 PM
I'd rather the boys trade down than pick Johnny Football.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:35 PM
I'd rather the boys trade down then pick Johnny Football.

They had better be paying more goddamned attention to the fact that no one has picked Aaron Donald yet. They need an upgrade at DT, and he's right friggin' there. You're paying Romo too much to have Manziel as a backup.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:35 PM
I'd rather the boys trade down then pick Johnny Football.

Jerry Jones doesn't trade down. I'm not even joking

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 06:37 PM
They had better be paying more goddamned attention to the fact that no one has picked Aaron Donald yet. They need an upgrade at DT, and he's right friggin' there. You're paying Romo too much to have Manziel as a backup.

I would love that pick but I think Bears get him @ 14.

Don C
His mother created the ultimate Monica Lewinsky joke.

I saw that picture of her in Vanity Fair. She looks good.

cc008

Right?? Dopest dope.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:38 PM
I would love that pick but I think Bears get him @ 14.

Maybe. Bears are also reportedly looking at Safeties.

Whelp... there went Aaron Donald.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Donald is off the board. Well there goes that pipe dream

The Big G
I, on behalf of Raider Nation, would like to thank the Jacksonville Jaguars for taking Blake Bortles because it allowed us to draft Khalil Mack.

CenturianSpy
Not bad STL...I would have gone Ha Ha, though. I wonder if they took him to get Chicago to pony up another draft pick, then take Ha Ha...that would be genius.

Mister Ferro
Rams pick Donald. Frak!

danmar85

He's not there anymore... Please god! Don't let Jerry Jones pick Manziel...

Hapless Henchman
Come on Rams. Make it a good one...

Come on Fisher! Can u please stop the love affair with D linemen in the first round? Stupid!

Motown Rage
05-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Come on Fisher! Can u please stop the love affair with D linemen in the first round? Stupid!

It's almost like the old days of the Lions taking a WR every year

danmar85
For anyone watching online. What site are you using? NFL.com is streaming it.

worstblogever
C.J. Mosely is still in there, too? Holy crap. If him or either of those safeties are still there when Arizona picks... or Darqueze Denard... I'm really liking how this is starting to shake out.

CenturianSpy
05-08-2014, 06:42 PM
I wonder if they took him to get Chicago to pony up another draft pick, then take Ha Ha...that would be genius.

Mister Ferro
@ this point, Bayless will wet himself when JF finally gets picked.

Hapless Henchman
What is that? Four years in a row with a D lineman in the first round for the Rams? Come on guys! You have other needs. What about Safety? What about WR? I'm so bummed.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:43 PM

The Rams are going to get burned by a lot of WR screens with that great line of theirs, and no secondary.
Give Fisher credit... at least he doesn't draft based off of team needs?

CenturianSpy
05-08-2014, 06:44 PM
There goes my genius theory...

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:45 PM

It wasn't a sexy pick but its a pick that wins you game. Thats where the game is won in the trenches and Donald is a beast overall good pick, but not sold on Sam Bradford so maybe they draft a QB in the second round

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:46 PM
ugh the Steelers are up next.

I hope they pick a punter

Don C
05-08-2014, 06:46 PM
@ this point, Bayless will wet himself when JF finally gets picked.

I can imagine the Cowboys draft room.

Jason Garrett: But, Mr. Jones, we have one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the NFL.

Jerry Jones: Shut the fuck up. You're lucky to have a job, right now.

Jason Garrett [meekly]: Yes, sir.

Hapless Henchman
05-08-2014, 06:47 PM
It's almost like the old days of the Lions taking a WR every year

Exactly! And it's not like those other guys are busts. I just think we could have gone another direction.

Well, I'm out. Enjoy the rest of the draft.

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Please God talk some sense into Jerry! Say no to JF!!!!!!!!!

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:48 PM
of course Pittsburgh goes linebacker alright next pick.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:49 PM
I can imagine the Cowboys draft room.

Jason Garrett: But, Mr. Jones, we have the highest paid quarterback in the NFL.

Jerry Jones: Shut the fuck up. You're lucky to have a job, right now.

Jason Garrett [meekly]: Yes, sir.

LMAO!!!!!! its funny cause this is probably how they talk to one another

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:49 PM
ugh the Steelers are up next.

I hope they pick a punter

Totally a Pittsburgh pick. OLB. Another guy Arizona was supposedly going to take in mock drafts... but those safeties... Come on, come on...

(Local Phoenix Sportstalk... 2 different stations had polls "Should Arizona draft a Safety in the first round?"

Like 85% said "YES". On both separate shows and networks. And it looks like they're gonna get the chance, the way the board is developing.

The Big G
05-08-2014, 06:51 PM
common Jerry Break the internet!

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Manziel's starting to remind me of Brady Quinn all those years ago. Looking nervous and sipping on bottled water, waiting. Waiting. Doesn't look like he's going to Dallas, based on his facial expressions.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 06:52 PM
wow they are taking a long time getting this pick in. Come on hurry up

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 06:54 PM
THANK GOD!!!!! Zack Martin!

Jabare
NOOOOOOO!!!! what the hell are the Cowboys doing making a smart pick?!?!?

Motown Rage
Jerry Jones avoided Manziel

worstblogever
Good news... no Skip Bayless orgasm. So-So news. Dallas takes another O-lineman.

Bad news? They still don't address an awful defense.

Marc Lombardi
Amazed that Jerry Jones didn't draft Johnny Manziel.

Don C
05-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Dodged a bullet, there, Ferro.

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Manziel's starting to remind me of Brady Quinn all those years ago. Looking nervous and sipping on bottled water, waiting. Waiting. Doesn't look like he's going to Dallas, based on his facial expressions.

Yeah I'm not surprised to see him dropping but now we're at the point that I'd wish the cameras would stop focusing on him, I dislike having disappointed players in free fall become camera magnets.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 06:56 PM
If Calvin Pryor and/or Ha Ha Clinton Dix are still on the board WITH Johnny Manziel when Arizona picks at #20, and they take Manziel?

Ugh... goddamnit would that be gut-wrenching to see.

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 06:58 PM
And on the First Day of the NFL Draft, God told Jerry Jones Hell No to drafting the false Prophet Johnny Football!!!!

Don C
05-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Am I the only one surprised Johnny Football is still there, meaning out in the open? This is about the time Brady Quinn ducked into the green room.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:00 PM
C.J. Mosely to Baltimore.

Congratulations to Jabare. Your team just got a steal.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Am I the only one surprised Johnny Football is still there, meaning out in the open? This is about the time Brady Quinn ducked into the green room.

Johnny Football loves him some bright spotlights. He ain't ducking into no green room. Don't you know? Today is all about him.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Incidentally... where the hell is SUPER-E?

The Big G
05-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Perhaps Chip Kelly might pick up Johnny Football?

Jabare
05-08-2014, 07:05 PM
C.J. Mosely to Baltimore.

Congratulations to Jabare. Your team just got a steal.

Ozzie Newsome picked an Alabama player surprise surprise lol. He was a solid player in college I expect big things. I kind of wanted Ha Ha but what you gonna do. Baltimore needs to get better agains the run, we got gashed straight up the middle some games.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Get ready... here come the Jets fans to inevitably boo their first round pick. LOL.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 07:09 PM

I've been wondering that too. ban? name change? busy?

he's not the only poster who use to frequent this thread we are missing. Everyone's changed their name on here so I can't keep up plus there seem to be some new members

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:10 PM
I've been wondering that too. ban? name change? busy?

he's not the only poster who use to frequent this thread we are missing. Everyone's changed their name on here so I can't keep up plus there seem to be some new members

Yeah, he did pick by pick analysis the past couple years through the first 3 rounds. It was kind of cool, really, to riff with him.

The Jets just took Calvin Pryor. Looks like Arizona will get Ha Ha as a "consolation" prize.

I ain't even mad.

Don C
05-08-2014, 07:10 PM

Supe got 30 days for complaining about the reboot.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Supe got 30 days for complaining about the reboot.

Ah damn it. This is his time, man!

(Still, he totally was busting some mod chops about the reboot. Not surprising.)

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 07:18 PM
I just listened to the local radio call from Zack Martin, it seems like he is of the same mold as Travis Frederick. The O-line is going to be BEAST!!!!!

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Miami just grabbed a second rounder too early.

Come on, Cardinals... It's Ha Ha time.

GODAMMNIT, NO. NOOOOOOO!!! YOU TRADED THAT S***? GAH! WHY?

The Big G
05-08-2014, 07:20 PM
And we got ourselves another trade!

Don C
05-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Saints and Cards are trading. No clue who the Saints are after, though.

Motown Rage
05-08-2014, 07:22 PM
And we got ourselves another trade!

Nobody wants Manziel

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 07:26 PM

He's fallen low enough that chances are he'll be available in the second round given the teams remaining for the most part don't need a QB.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Arizona picked up a 3rd rounder in that deal (#91), hopefully they still get a safety or pass-rusher at #27. It's a deep draft, it might work out. Still...

As far as New Orleans goes... you just gave Drew Brees the fastest WR in the draft to throw to. Wow. They're gonna rack up some points in the Super Dome.

Motown Rage
05-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Nice pick in Green Bay

Jabare
05-08-2014, 07:36 PM
damn Ha Ha's gone

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Insiders are saying the Saints jumped ahead of Green Bay to snag Brandon Cooks a pick earlier. The Packers just took Ha Ha Clinton Dix is a consolation, and frankly, that's probably a smarter gig. The Packers did not force turnovers last year.

Motown Rage
05-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Cleveland traded up, for Manziel?

Don C
05-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Browns just traded with the Eagles. I don't like where this is going.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 07:42 PM
what? the Browns again?

Manziel? MAnziel?! will they do it?!?!?!

Motown Rage
05-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Manziel is a Brown

Hiromi
Wow Cleveland still nets Manziel

Don C
Well, hopefully he lives up to the hype.

Jabare
crap why. WHY?!?!!?

Dang nabit Jerry Jones should have taken him. I don't want him in the AFC North

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Cleveland just traded away another draft pick (a 3rd rounder) to move back up 4 slots and take Johnny Manziel.

Jesus Christ, DonC. They STILL overpaid for this kid, somehow more than they would have by taking him earlier.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm impressed with this ESPN draft analysis they are actually gettign some of the picks right this year. Last year they had no clue

Hiromi
05-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Don't they still have two third rounders? And now they have two first rounders next year? Disregarding how they pick them for a moment at least in acquiring picks they've done a good job tonight.

Mister Ferro
05-08-2014, 07:51 PM
I feel sorry for Browns fans.

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Dee Ford went to the Kansas City Chiefs.

I wish Super-E was here to geek out about their pass rush.

Jabare
05-08-2014, 08:03 PM
now I'm unhappy. I did not want Cleveland to draft Manziel. I kind of wanted to root for him in the NFL but I can't now that he is in the division. Texans or Raider should have taken him. not happy. I can't stand the Ravens playing agains those scrambling QBs they are always troublesome

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Darqueze Denard to Cincinnatti, Jason Verett to San Diego...

Watch the Eagles take Marquis Lee.

The Big G
05-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Arizona on the clock.

Lee? or maybe Carr?

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 08:11 PM
The Eagles take... Marcus Smith? WHO? I just heard a guy say, "That's a great pick... in the third round."

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Arizona takes... S Deone Bucanon.

This is clearly a reach. I'll be the first to admit it. This is not the safety I was hoping for.

Vibranium
05-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Manziel wont stay in Cleveland

he'll take a 3 yr rookie contract, then leave for a real team that will pay him real money

if he doesn't wash out first

worstblogever
05-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Ra'Shede Hageman's still on the board. He would make a lot of sense for the Patriots, to stuff the middle.

Taltos
05-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Packer fan -I'm happy with Ha Ha, would've loved to get him in the second round but I'm sure ted tried to trade down and no one wanted what he was selling. Reminds me a lot of the eddie lacy pick, big name from Alabama fills a need.

The Big G
05-08-2014, 08:25 PM
There are reports that Mark Davis loves Derek Carr, but I'm not sure he's going to be there a #36. If the Raiders want him...I think they're going to have to trade back into the first round.