PDA

View Full Version : Alex Mercer vs movie X-men

T-1000
06-01-2014, 06:22 PM
The fight takes place in a ruined city. Last one standing wins. Remember, this is *NOT* an arena fight, so stealth and surprise are factors here.

Can Mercer handle every X-man to grace the big screen?

Wolverine
Cyclopse
Jean
Storm
Darwin
Havok
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Quicksilver
Beast
Warpath
Iceman
Kitty Pryde
Blink
Sunspot
Bishop
Xavier (James McAvoy)
Rogue

vs

Mercer (full power)

Siriel
06-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Err...no. No he can't.

Xavier, for one, mindzorches him.

Otherwise there's stuff like a Rogue+Quicksilver combo that should kill him just fine.

Quicksilver, from what I hear, makes any kind of surprise attack attempt from Mercer completely irrelevant since "lunge of the unmovingly slow-mo guy" isn't very intimidating.

big_adventure
06-01-2014, 11:08 PM
To be fair, in the Arena, Alex could kill most of those who can hurt him before they can zorch him back. Quicky is great, but has no feats for actually hurting anyone at Alex's durability level.

However, in the ruined city, Quicksilver can just drag Xavier out of range before Alex can think, then Chaz can zorch Alex, so all good.

Carabas
06-02-2014, 02:32 AM
That is of course assuming that a literal walking virus is even susceptible to telepathy.

big_adventure
06-02-2014, 04:44 AM
That is of course assuming that a literal walking virus is even susceptible to telepathy.

On Rumbles, he'd need to show defenses against TP to have them, and he lacks such feats.

Siriel
06-02-2014, 05:48 AM
To be fair, in the Arena, Alex could kill most of those who can hurt him before they can zorch him back. Quicky is great, but has no feats for actually hurting anyone at Alex's durability level.

However, in the ruined city, Quicksilver can just drag Xavier out of range before Alex can think, then Chaz can zorch Alex, so all good.

Nothing really stops Quicksilver from doing that second thing in the arena either.

Carabas
06-02-2014, 06:35 AM
On Rumbles, he'd need to show defenses against TP to have them, and he lacks such feats.
Well, not existing in a univese that has telepathy in it, that'd be hard feats to come by.

Carabas
06-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Nothing really stops Quicksilver from doing that second thing in the arena either.
Depends on the size of the arena. Alex has som serious range.

big_adventure
06-02-2014, 08:18 AM

Beaten to the punch, but Alex has some AoE's.

Siriel
06-02-2014, 10:37 AM
I admittedly am not good at judging distance, but I don't remember him having any actual AOEs that cover 100+ feet, and that's just the starting positions.

big_adventure
06-02-2014, 01:39 PM
I admittedly am not good at judging distance, but I don't remember him having any actual AOEs that cover 100+ feet, and that's just the starting positions.

I agree, really, he's got a couple of destructors that go wide, perhaps even wider than 100 feet, but I don't think that they ever really go 200 feet, so you're probably right.