PDA

View Full Version : Queen Elsa vs Movie Magneto

FrenchGemini
06-02-2014, 01:33 AM
They battle in New York, Elsa starts in North West Manhattan, Mags starts in South East Queens. The city has been emptied of its inhabitants right before the fight.

1. Elsa vs Fassneto.
2. Elsa vs McKellen Magneto.

Who wins in each case?

King of Asgard
06-02-2014, 01:47 AM
They battle in New York, Elsa starts in North West Manhattan, Mags starts in South East Queens. The city has been emptied of its inhabitants right before the fight.

1. Elsa vs Fassneto.
2. Elsa vs McKellen Magneto.

Who wins in each case?

Mags had better take her out sooner rather than later, if he doesn't want to become a popsicle that is.

MichaelC
06-02-2014, 03:42 AM
They are both glass-canons with heavy O. Probably a quick-draw. I'd bet on the guy with actual combat experience to win that quick-draw, though not by much. Magneto 6/10, mostly on the strength of combat experience.

FrenchGemini
06-02-2014, 12:37 PM
They are both glass-canons with heavy O. Probably a quick-draw. I'd bet on the guy with actual combat experience to win that quick-draw, though not by much. Magneto 6/10, mostly on the strength of combat experience.

I don't know about Mags winning a quickdraw against Elsa, whose powers could react to crossbow bolts after they were fired, at least not Fassneto who didn't show significant stuff in terms of reaction speed (I do agree about the combat experience, even for him, though). I'd need to recheck the old trilogy, but ISTR that McKellen Magneto had much better stuff.

Hazard
06-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Magneto is a bullet timer.

The guy curves bullets after they have been fired, which makes his 'spot bullets mid air' thing in X1 more clear bullet timing.

FrenchGemini
06-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Magneto is a bullet timer.

The guy curves bullets after they have been fired, which makes his 'spot bullets mid air' thing in X1 more clear bullet timing.

Referring to the JFK thing, or something else?

Matt the Manly
06-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Magneto in First Class swatted away bullets at close range with hand movements too iirc
In DoFP when he wasnt concentrating Mystique shot him
Clearly when concentrating, the guy can think fast enough to divert bullets

Hazard
06-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Referring to the JFK thing, or something else?

The JFK thing and the part where he shoots Mystique.

The girl jumps out of a building and the bullet still curves after her and gets her in the leg.

FrenchGemini
06-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Magneto in First Class swatted away bullets at close range with hand movements too iirc
Clearly when concentrating, the guy can think fast enough to divert bullets

If you're thinking about the scene where he accidentally cripples Charles, I interpreted that one as putting his hand in the path of the bullets and making a shield to divert them. I'll recheck that one later though, to be sure.

EDIT: Didn't see Hazard's answer before posting. Mmm, yeah, with all that, I could live with Mags, whether we're talking about Fassbender-era or McKellen-era, as a Bullet timer.

EDIT2: With that new information, I guess that for the thread, Elsa still gets a chance to turn Erik into a Magsicle via AoE if she acts the second she sees him, but she better hope Erik sees her too late.

Matt the Manly
06-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Also? In the scene where Magneto shot Mystique, he curved the bullet after it was fired

Charlie
06-02-2014, 04:48 PM

Mystique used the glass/plastic gun & bullets she stole from Stryker. She's a smart one.