PDA

View Full Version : Fair priced comics in NYC

Sebastian
06-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Hello, CBR Community:

As a fellow comic book fan, I love to get new stuff, but since I live in Chile, it's hard to find books in English. I'm heading to New York this summer and would like to know if anyone has any tips on places that are worth a visit. I know Midtown Comics is pretty much a no-brainer, but since it's smack in the middle of Times Square, I imagine it's pretty pricey. Does anybody know of a shop with a good selection and decent prices? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanx, guys!

ish kabbible
06-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Many stores don't bother with extensive back issue collections.They take up too much space and sell slowly. You're best bet could be St.Marks Comics in the East Village,Manhattan

http://www.stmarkscomics.com/

They've been open for decades,have a large back issue selection and many boxes of discount comics

Michael P
06-03-2014, 05:39 AM
Midtown's prices on back issues aren't any different from others I've seen. And if you don't want to go to Times Square, they've got two other stores.

There's also Jim Hanley's Universe.

Joshua
06-03-2014, 07:09 AM
Many stores don't bother with extensive back issue collections.They take up too much space and sell slowly. You're best bet could be St.Marks Comics in the East Village,Manhattan

http://www.stmarkscomics.com/

They've been open for decades,have a large back issue selection and many boxes of discount comics

One of my favorite shops when I go to NYC.

Also, there are 3 Midown Comic locations and it really isn't expensive there.

ish kabbible
06-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Midtown's prices on back issues aren't any different from others I've seen. And if you don't want to go to Times Square, they've got two other stores.

There's also Jim Hanley's Universe.

Hanley's new location in mid-town Manhattan has no back issues

Michael P
06-03-2014, 10:32 AM
I did not know that.

thespianphryne
06-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Time Machine (or Mysterious Island, or whatever the hell it's called now) on 418 6th avenue, on 9th street. Underneath Lenny's Sandwich shop. They have an amazing back collection. Although, it's possible they're not yet fully up to speed on that because they just moved to this new location.