PDA

View Full Version : PREVIEW: Velvet #11

CBR News
08-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Velvet's hunt has led her into a dark web of lies and murder, and as the secrets come to light, they all point to one place-Washington DC, to the very halls of world power. Can Velvet find "The Man Who Stole The World" or will she die trying?

Full preview here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=28861).

Tighelander
08-13-2015, 12:32 AM
The type is reminiscent of the Martha Washington books by Miller & Gibbons

BeastieRunner
08-13-2015, 09:58 AM
I love this book sooooo much!

quinnzel
08-13-2015, 07:12 PM
So glad this issue finally came out! Another fantastic one, and I just can't get over how absolutely gorgeous Breittweiser's colors are in this book.

Detox
08-14-2015, 10:05 AM
So glad this issue finally came out! Another fantastic one, and I just can't get over how absolutely gorgeous Breittweiser's colors are in this book.

It really is a great looking book! I just hope this thing starts coming out monthly. :)

quinnzel
08-15-2015, 09:54 PM
It really is a great looking book! I just hope this thing starts coming out monthly. :)

Oh, definitely. I had been reading this series in trades, so when I got caught up with the second trade I was really excited I could start buying it in single issues, but there was such a huge delay between the second trade's release and this issue. Hopefully it'll start to get on a more regular schedule now!

Ilan Preskovsky
08-16-2015, 10:38 AM
About the lateness, to be fair, most Image books take relatively long breaks between arcs. This is especially useful in this case though because like The Fade Out, this is a really dense read with a quite complex plot that definitely deserves rereads.

Otherwise though, this was a typically great issue of this book: great characters, compelling plot and beautiful art and colouring. What's not to love?

quinnzel
08-17-2015, 08:16 PM
About the lateness, to be fair, most Image books take relatively long breaks between arcs. This is especially useful in this case though because like The Fade Out, this is a really dense read with a quite complex plot that definitely deserves rereads.

Otherwise though, this was a typically great issue of this book: great characters, compelling plot and beautiful art and colouring. What's not to love?

That's true. And I mean, with a book that consistently puts out this level of quality... I really can't complain if we have to wait a little bit between issues.

Bl00dwerK
08-23-2015, 10:48 AM

I'm gonna have to go back and re-read the thing 'cause I can't connect half the names with which character they are...