Flash - Wally
Captain Marvel (Replacing Batman)
New 52 Captian Atom (Replacing Aquaman)

No Telepathy
No BFR
So Who Wins?

Beadle
09-09-2015, 09:54 PM
So it's basically Gladys vs nu Captain Atom then.

Flash is fast enough to see Gladys moving, but that only means he's fast enough to see Gladys's fist just before it decapitates him.

For everyone else it's just same old same old.

I'm not familiar enough with nu Cap Atom to comment on that one.

Marvel-Studios Rep
09-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Flash steals Kyle's ring and transports gladiator to deep space. In the time it takes gladiator to return, Flash trains one hundred life times worth as a lantern, which in turn has him exceed even none jobbing ion levels. FLASH FACT :)

bandoogiemanz
09-09-2015, 11:52 PM
How can one guy take on the whole justice league. Could superman beat the entire Avengers?

The Dork Knight
09-10-2015, 12:02 AM
How can one guy take on the whole justice league. Could superman beat the entire Avengers?

Given none of them ( unless Monica Rambeau is on the team ) have super speed equal to him ? Yes.

Same for Gladiator here

master of read
09-10-2015, 12:05 AM
dude, what is your issue with gladiator?

anyway, the only one who matters here is atom.

Pendaran
09-10-2015, 04:43 AM
You are verging on spamming the board with these sorts of threads dude.

edit: oh, if nu Atom's "speed is nothing to me!" nonsense can be.. interpreted a certain way, then he can just exploit Gladiator's specific frequency of radiation weakness before Gladiator can do anything. But that goes a bit no limits with it.

Cody
09-10-2015, 05:40 AM
dude, what is your issue with gladiator?

To be fair; he could just be trying to figure out just how powerful Gladiator is compared to the combined mainstream DC heroes.

Beadle
09-10-2015, 05:57 AM
To be fair; he could just be trying to figure out just how powerful Gladiator is compared to the combined mainstream DC heroes.
Possibly. But if you've established already that Clark, Diana, J'onn, Hal/Kyle lose quickly to Gladys, why keep putting them in more fights with him.

They're a non-factor against him, so why not call this what it is - Gladiator vs Captain Atom?

Pendaran
09-10-2015, 11:43 AM

Given his posts on the character, it's kinda unlikely.

abmccray
09-10-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm not familiar with speed stealing; can Flash speed steal him?

The Dork Knight
09-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Well his best feat was the time he stole Cheetahs speed when she was about as fast as him

Cody
09-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Well his best feat was the time he stole Cheetahs speed when she was about as fast as him

Cheetah was as fast as Wally? Or was that before Wally got a lot faster?

The Dork Knight
09-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Cheetah was as fast as Wally? Or was that before Wally got a lot faster?

She became as fast as wally after Zoom trained her

They then tried to tag team Wally and Wonder Woman , buut wally stole her speed and er....Wonder Woman beat Zoom. Somehow

Cody
09-10-2015, 12:13 PM
She became as fast as wally after Zoom trained her

They then tried to tag team Wally and Wonder Woman , buut wally stole her speed and er....Wonder Woman beat Zoom. Somehow

Well I've heard that Cheetah was a speedster herself. After Wally stole her speed, how fast was she afterwards? Or was she always as fast as Wally?

And just how good of a trainer is Zoom? Like holy shit. Going from not being a speedster to being as fast as Friggin Wally in a short time is insane. Did he play "Eye of the Tiger" during their training and it really pumped her up or something?

Pendaran
09-10-2015, 12:17 PM
I'm not familiar with speed stealing; can Flash speed steal him?

Sure, but barring edge cases it generally requires a measure of proximity that against a guy rifling off ranged energy attacks and who can himself move around is kind of a thing.

The Dork Knight
09-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Well I've heard that Cheetah was a speedster herself. After Wally stole her speed, how fast was she afterwards? Or was she always as fast as Wally?

Nah. She was always fast but fast as in " hard but not impossible for Wonder Woman to beat her "

After he stole her speed , she was a statue till Wonder Woman brought back Zoom , then she managed to move her hand and cut the lasso and escape

And just how good of a training is Zoom? Like holy shit. Going from not being a speedster to being as fast as Friggin Wally in a short time is insane. Did he play "Eye of the Tiger" during their training and it really pumped her up or something?
He banged her

Beadle
09-10-2015, 12:54 PM
He banged her
Ah, he introduced her to the Seed Force. I see.

Slade1
09-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Sure, but barring edge cases it generally requires a measure of proximity that against a guy rifling off ranged energy attacks and who can himself move around is kind of a thing.

Could he not vibrate through Gladiatior's eye beams? I think we went over this in another thread but I can't remember if we reached a consensus.

Pendaran
09-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Could he not vibrate through Gladiatior's eye beams? I think we went over this in another thread but I can't remember if we reached a consensus.

He has to keep doing that vs a guy who can play blasto keep away in the air.

The Dork Knight
09-10-2015, 01:26 PM
He can in fact do this

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140449/4651716-ss+5.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140449/4651717-7615671035-46517.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140449/4651723-ss+7.jpg

Now granted that totally wasted him , but is Gladiator immune to his own HV ? Otherwise that move could buy Wally enough time to speed steal

Pendaran
09-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Where is that from?

Pendaran
09-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Also, while I'm there, it looks like he's.. refracting or channeling or something a shot coming at him through one end, then out the other end as some broad spectrum thing. How does that even redirect back at Gladiator to hit him?

The Dork Knight
09-10-2015, 01:42 PM
JLA Heavens Ladder . It's a 100 page one shot by Mark Waid

The Dork Knight
09-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Also, while I'm there, it looks like he's.. refracting or channeling or something a shot coming at him through one end, then out the other end as some broad spectrum thing. How does that even redirect back at Gladiator to hit him?

Well I thought it was broad enough to count as an AoE and catch Gladiator in it

But you are probably right. That looks to be directed in a specific direction especially with how they are approaching the league in the earlier page

Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
09-10-2015, 01:45 PM

It's the new Dr. Spectrum.

The Dork Knight
09-10-2015, 01:48 PM
Another option for wally is to get to Gladiator , while vibrating and phase his hand through him

Pendaran
09-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Another option for wally is to get to Gladiator , while vibrating and phase his hand through him

Homeboy can fly, is the thing there.

AlphaMale
09-10-2015, 10:21 PM

I assume vibrating his hand and causing Kallark to explode?

I know Wally has limitation with the vibrational stuff, to whit: force fields with changing frequencies, extreme cold, objects of great density and magical bonds.

I don't recall him vibrating with an destructive effect something...someone?...of Kallark's durability?

Cody
09-10-2015, 11:02 PM

I know Wally has limitation with the vibrational stuff, to whit: force fields with changing frequencies, extreme cold, objects of great density and magical bonds.

I don't recall him vibrating with an destructive effect something...someone?...of Kallark's durability?

Kallarks heat vision, or w/e, moves a lot faster than even he does, so Wally is going to have a hard time phasing through an attack that would be even faster than he is.

The Dork Knight
09-11-2015, 05:33 AM

He took out Amazos brain

The Dork Knight
09-11-2015, 05:34 AM
Kallarks heat vision, or w/e, moves a lot faster than even he does, so Wally is going to have a hard time phasing through an attack that would be even faster than he is.

Based on what ?

The Dork Knight
09-11-2015, 05:35 AM
Homeboy can fly, is the thing there.

So can Wally though obviously with not as much proficiency

Then again Kallark can just play keep away till Wally drops dead of exhaustion

Siriel
09-11-2015, 05:42 AM
Based on what ?

The fact that it's a valid ranged attack for Gladiator, so by default it has to be faster than "fly over to the other guy to punch him" or otherwise it'd be magnificently useless.

Captain Morgan
09-11-2015, 06:18 AM
The fact that it's a valid ranged attack for Gladiator, so by default it has to be faster than "fly over to the other guy to punch him" or otherwise it'd be magnificently useless.

See, the last time this came up, I pointed out that the one time we have seen Gladiator try and use heat vision on an opponent with equal reflexes to his own, that opponent (Thor with a time belt) dodged despite being completely surprised that Gladz had heat vision and being closer than 100 feet.

Given that the Flashed have phased through things faster than themselves before, I'm not seeing why Wally would struggle to do so here, given he's familiar with heat vision, 100 feet away, and has common knowledge.

But Gladiator can just play keep away until Wally gets tired, barring Wally getting lucky with like a distracting exploding thrown rock or something.

The Dork Knight
09-11-2015, 07:29 AM

It would not be useless even if it were only as fast as him as it gives him a range attack without being in danger of getting hit at close quarters

Also like Captain Morgan said , Thor blocked it and he couldn't actually block the earlier surprise attack when he flew towards him and punched him in the time dilation instance

Shellhead
09-11-2015, 08:24 AM
He took out Amazos brain

He did that in The Nail, which was an Elseworlds story. Great story, but not canon.

Pendaran
09-11-2015, 09:19 AM
So can Wally though obviously with not as much proficiency

Then again Kallark can just play keep away till Wally drops dead of exhaustion

The not with as much proficiency seals Glads' ability to keep away while throwing off zorches at Wally and the Statues, yes.

The Dork Knight
09-11-2015, 10:11 AM
He did that in The Nail, which was an Elseworlds story. Great story, but not canon.

Ok I see. Thanks for the correction! :)

AlphaMale
09-12-2015, 01:37 AM

Hmmm....I seem to remember this being a thing a few years ago. I was under the impression the consensus was there was no proof that Glads heat vision could move any faster than he could whilst cavorting about in the time stream. Not that it really matters. I'm pretty sure Glads has this fight.

He took out Amazos brain

I see what you're driving at. I suppose I thought you meant vibrating with the intent of causing Kallark to explode.

Sure. Phasing his brain out would work fine.

Pendaran
09-12-2015, 02:42 AM
Sure. Phasing his brain out would work fine.

He has to get over to him to try that, is what that is.

AlphaMale
09-12-2015, 05:03 PM
He has to get over to him to try that, is what that is.

Right.

I just meant, if he could actually get to him, which....he won't because Glads will likely go airborne.