PDA

View Full Version : Batman on drugs

Mr.GDB
10-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm quite new at reading comics and got my hands on Batman Venom from the Legends of the Dark Knight number 16 of March 91.

I was wandering, is there any other times where Batman did really took drugs at a point of the story ?

JBatmanFan05
10-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm quite new at reading comics and got my hands on Batman Venom from the Legends of the Dark Knight number 16 of March 91.

I was wandering, is there any other times where Batman did really took drugs at a point of the story ?

Batman has been unwillingly exposed to more drugs than you can imagine (thanks to his villains). But no, I can't much recall an instance besides Venom where he knowingly and deliberately took (illegal/bad) drugs (unless maybe it was to cure another worser one in his body thanks to a villain).

Batman, as Venom drives home, doesn't use "drugs" (coke, heroin, roids, etc) to enhance his crimefighting.

Mr.GDB
10-08-2015, 12:52 PM
Hey ! Thanks for the quick answer.

Speaking about exposions to drugs or (I'm french, I need the F word to speak, can I say it ? Or is there a proper way to write it ?) really mean things some vilains have done.

Against Dr. Hurt in another one, he uses the "zur en arrh", (do I need to put spoiler alerts when I'm saying that ?), the altered mind he built in case the first one broke. There is also the badmite in it. I was wandering if there was anyother apparitions of the type of Batman ? (and not the one with the futuristic version of him from another dimension).

JBatmanFan05
10-08-2015, 01:04 PM
There is also the batmite in it. I was wandering if there was any other apparitions of the type of Batman ? (and not the one with the futuristic version of him from another dimension).
More Batmite comics? Can you restate the question?

Mr.GDB
10-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Read the story I'm reffering to in Grant Morrison Batman serie, cant recall the exact number.

Sorry, for the english.

I dont mean a comic dedicated to the Bat-mite itself, cause the guy seems to live on his own, I mean more story where there is this type of Batman that sees the bat-mite, wich is not a imp but a halucination.

JBatmanFan05
10-08-2015, 01:18 PM
I dont mean a comic dedicated to the Bat-mite itself, cause the guy seems to live on his own, I mean more story where there is this type of Batman that sees the bat-mite, wich is not a imp but a halucination.
Batman has many dreams and hallucinations I think.

Read Batman: Death and the Maidens. In this story, Batman ingests an elixir given to him by Ra's al Ghul, and believes he is having a conversation with his dead parents. Really poignant stuff with him talking with his dead parents.

Mr.GDB
10-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Cool ! If I run on it I'll give it a try !

I've just found some lists that could be interesting !

You seem to have red a lot ! I'm wondering, in your opinion wich would be the hardest time for him ?

JBatmanFan05
10-08-2015, 01:47 PM
I'm wondering, in your opinion wich would be the hardest time for him ?
Boy, between Jason dying (for a time) and Bane breaking his back and Damian dying (for a time)....it's pretty difficult to say what the hardest time for Bruce was. Every writer treats their Batman crisis as the hardest time for him.

For me, I think Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth might be the lowest I've ever seen Batman, after Jason's death (a long with the stories A Lonely Place of Dying & Blind Justice). Batman basically tells Gordon he's thinking he's losing his mind, going crazy. Batman in the story is so tight-assed and sensitive. He really seems very mentally defeated and exhausted. And the story is how he triumphs over that via his trip to the Asylum.

Batman The Cult was a pretty difficult ordeal for Batman too with a cult that threatens to overthrow Gotham. They break Batman in some serious ways.

taylortexas
10-08-2015, 02:00 PM
Batman has been unwillingly exposed to more drugs than you can imagine (thanks to his villains). But no, I can't much recall an instance besides Venom where he knowingly and deliberately took (illegal/bad) drugs (unless maybe it was to cure another worser one in his body thanks to a villain).

Batman, as Venom drives home, doesn't use "drugs" (coke, heroin, roids, etc) to enhance his crimefighting.

I might be remembering this wrong but didn't Batman willingly use venom at the end of Batman Inc? I could have sworn he ingested some and hopped into a mech suit in order to defeat Heretic.

Mr.GDB
10-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Cool ! Thanks !

That's man bat serum ! Not Venom, but yeah it's the same idea !

Old_Batman
10-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone,

As mentioned before Batman: The Cult by Jim Starlin is a storyline that drugs are "involved." I think its a highly underrated Batman story btw.

Frank Black
10-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Read the story I'm reffering to in Grant Morrison Batman serie, cant recall the exact number.

Sorry, for the english.

Hello! I believe that was in Batman: RIP.