PDA

View Full Version : Invincible Iron Man, #2

CBR News
10-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Exploding out of the pages of SECRET WARS, one of the most popular super heroes in the world gets a gigantic new series. From the creators that brought you ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN comes new armor, new supporting cast, new villains and a new purpose that is going to tear itself across the entire Marvel Universe and beyond. With a shocker of a last page that will have everyone talking and the return of one of Tony's biggest nemeses, you will not want to miss this!! Also, who are Tony's biological parents? The quest begins here!

Full article here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=29713).

Mundungus
10-16-2015, 07:48 AM
The art is amazing and almost worth it but I don't like how it takes four pages just for Stark to ask what she is doing with Doom. I think Bendis would be better in a manga volume format where you can get a chunk of story at once. It kind of allows for the decompressed nature of the story.

Aka, I think I'll wait on the trade for this one.

xpyred
10-16-2015, 07:53 AM
Didn't the Hood fix her face up? or was it damaged again after that?

jdmorris1124
10-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Didn't the Hood fix her face up? or was it damaged again after that?

I'm thinking her face is probably fixed, hence Tony asking 'Why?' the way he does. She probably wears the mask as some type of safety blanket psychologically.

All speculation from a small preview.

Iron Maiden
10-16-2015, 10:28 AM
Loving the art by Marquez on this but Bendis...well. I guess I will try out the first arc.

Tony Stark
10-16-2015, 10:31 AM
Loving the art by Marquez on this but Bendis...well. I guess I will try out the first arc.

I know! Marquez's art is nothing short of drool worthy. To me he's done the best Madam Masque I have ever seen!

Iron Maiden
10-16-2015, 10:47 AM
I know! Marquez's art is nothing short of drool worthy. To me he's done the best Madam Masque I have ever seen!

Definitely. I loved Whitney back when she was created. Wasn't she introduced during the Michelinie run? I really like seeing her on her own again and not tangled up with the Hood. I wonder if she does have an alliance with Victor but doesn't know who she's dealing with.

RobinFan4880
10-16-2015, 10:50 AM
Good to see Madame Masque doing fun stuff alone again. I really never cared for her relationship with Hood.

PlanetaryDevastation
10-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Surprisingly good first issue so I'll try the second. The art really is a thing of beauty.

Tom Reed
10-16-2015, 11:47 AM
Yes, Madam Masque came out of the Michelline run of the book. So far I am digging this book. I don't mind Bendis, I think he had a good Captain America run. I'm, interested to see what he is able to do with Tony and bringing Whitney back is a start in the right direction.

PlanetaryDevastation
10-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Yes, Madam Masque came out of the Michelline run of the book. So far I am digging this book. I don't mind Bendis, I think he had a good Captain America run. I'm, interested to see what he is able to do with Tony and bringing Whitney back is a start in the right direction.

Did Bendis have a Cap run?

The Other
10-16-2015, 12:57 PM
The art is amazing and almost worth it but I don't like how it takes four pages just for Stark to ask what she is doing with Doom. I think Bendis would be better in a manga volume format where you can get a chunk of story at once. It kind of allows for the decompressed nature of the story.

Aka, I think I'll wait on the trade for this one.

Yeah man, Bendis is definetly a manga type of guy. And I think it's a good idea to wair for the trade.

Yep, same here.

Frontier
10-16-2015, 01:54 PM
The art is amazing, some of Marquez' best and most spectacular work. Here's hoping Bendis can keep it up in terms of writing :).

Iron Maiden
10-16-2015, 02:20 PM
I've liked Marquez ever since that original GN he did called Fantastic Four: Season One. I hope they keep him for a while.

Moriarty
10-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Good to see Madame Masque doing fun stuff alone again. I really never cared for her relationship with Hood.
me either.

Did Bendis have a Cap run?
no, never.