PDA

View Full Version : Batman Arkham Knight Discussion

MikeP
06-11-2014, 01:58 PM
With all the great news coming out with this E3, it would be positively CRIMINAL to ignore this game :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-v5u8b8YpA

Dear god, I can't wait.

Tom Badguy
06-19-2014, 04:32 PM
At Denver Comic Con last weekend, I got to have a conversation with Kevin Conroy. He couldn't tell me much about the game, but he guaranteed me that it is flippin' epic. He said the story is one of the greatest he's worked and his work in the project has stretched his talents to a place he's never been before. I mean, when the voice of Batman tells you to get hyped, you got to get hyped.

I do have a question, not sure if this is out or not yet, but does anyone know if this game will be Next Gen only(PS4/XBOX1) or will it be available on PS3/360?

Alastor
07-24-2014, 01:09 AM
Looks like GameStop will be exclusively offering a Red Hood (Jason Todd?) story DLC as a preorder bonus.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-24-batman-arkham-knights-red-hood-story-pack-is-a-gamestop-exclusive

MikeP
07-24-2014, 07:06 AM
Looks like GameStop will be exclusively offering a Red Hood (Jason Todd?) story DLC as a preorder bonus.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-24-batman-arkham-knights-red-hood-story-pack-is-a-gamestop-exclusive

Gamestop exclusive pre-orders just piss me off. Hell, all pre-order bonuses just piss me off. They should be in the game from the start.

jump
07-24-2014, 07:12 AM
Gamestop exclusive pre-orders just piss me off. Hell, all pre-order bonuses just piss me off. They should be in the game from the start.

I disagree imo, pre-orders should be rewarded to people who buy the game as soon as it's out and not simply buy it 2nd hand or months later on sale as it's a huge invest from the company and some games never recover it's costs, probably not this one tho. It's when it's store exclusive I take offence to it.

MikeP
07-24-2014, 07:48 AM
I disagree imo, pre-orders should be rewarded to people who buy the game as soon as it's out and not simply buy it 2nd hand or months later on sale as it's a huge invest from the company and some games never recover it's costs, probably not this one tho. It's when it's store exclusive I take offence to it.

They should just make it DLC after its released then.

jump
07-24-2014, 07:58 AM
They should just make it DLC after its released then.

That still wouldn't stop people who buy it 2nd hand.

MikeP
07-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Neither will pre-order bonuses. Pulling crap like store exclusive pre-orders just shows how little respect they have for their customers.

jump
07-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Neither will pre-order bonuses. Pulling crap like store exclusive pre-orders just shows how little respect they have for their customers.

I completely agree abut store exclusive rubbish but even if it doesn't deter 2nd hand gaming it will still be rewarding the people who do buy new and day one releases.

BoneMachine
07-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Right now, this game is the only compelling reason I have to go next gen. Sweet zombie Jesus it looks wonderful.

Hiromi
07-28-2014, 07:14 PM
DLC should all just revert back to being unlockable bonuses or code unlocks. It's a completely moot point however as the current business model doesn't show any sign of changing any time soon.

dantefrizzoli
08-04-2014, 05:42 PM
all the pre orders show up in a package eventually on some marketplace

MikeP
08-04-2014, 07:40 PM
At Denver Comic Con last weekend, I got to have a conversation with Kevin Conroy. He couldn't tell me much about the game, but he guaranteed me that it is flippin' epic. He said the story is one of the greatest he's worked and his work in the project has stretched his talents to a place he's never been before. I mean, when the voice of Batman tells you to get hyped, you got to get hyped.

I do have a question, not sure if this is out or not yet, but does anyone know if this game will be Next Gen only(PS4/XBOX1) or will it be available on PS3/360?

Kevin Conroy will always be the true Batman to me. Its clear even after all these years, he still loves voicing the character, which is awesome.