View Full Version : Mortal Kombat X

Pages : [1] 2

Gryphon
06-11-2014, 05:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFNDnUYvsTo

This game looks badass! Brutal and fun! I can't wait to play this on my PC

JCAll
06-11-2014, 08:11 PM
As excited as I am that Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade finally got busy, I'm not really a fan of time skips.

Selena Musić
06-12-2014, 05:36 AM
Sounds interesting!

Xero Kaiser
06-12-2014, 07:41 AM
As excited as I am that Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade finally got busy, I'm not really a fan of time skips.

The story starts right were MK9 left off. It just doesn't end there.

MK's timeline has always moved forward.

Farealmer
06-12-2014, 10:10 AM
While normally i'am right there with you. Prereboot's Mortal Kombat had IMO a problem with stuff not changing enough. Which is understandable for a fighting game with characters people want to see stay. But I am glad the nucanon is taking risks like this(just like killing characters off in 9), because the old way of playing it safe didn't do them any favors.

FistofIron
06-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Looks pretty cool so far.

gobSIDES
06-15-2014, 03:31 AM
Looks so cool can't wait to use Sibel, Kabal and Baraka when this thing hits next year.

Also...OMG dem fatalities!!!

Madam-Shogun-Assassin
06-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Looks good, but I can't help but miss the old Asian, wuxia shaw bros style. I felt they moved too far from that around mk3.

Tom Badguy
06-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Like every Mortal Kombat game since 2, I'll probably play around with it a bit and then lose interest. I mean, it looks sweet, but it's so hard for me to stop playing Street Fighter and pick up another fighting game.

Deathstroke the Terminator
06-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Those X-Ray moves look brutal, I just sort of wish that characters have more than one this time, because as great as it is to see Noob break someone's back and make them vomit, it kind of got old after the tenth time.

cc008
06-29-2014, 09:05 AM
Bring this game the ef on.

Went back and played the MK9 story again when I heard this was announced. For the upteenth time.

Xero Kaiser
06-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Those X-Ray moves look brutal, I just sort of wish that characters have more than one this time

Apparently, they will.

The Chou Lives
10-11-2014, 07:20 PM
While normally i'am right there with you. Prereboot's Mortal Kombat had IMO a problem with stuff not changing enough. Which is understandable for a fighting game with characters people want to see stay. But I am glad the nucanon is taking risks like this(just like killing characters off in 9), because the old way of playing it safe didn't do them any favors.

Well i am glad I was linked to this thread and so far it seems odd for Sub Zero.

As in Nucanon at end of MK9 he was turned into a Lin Kunei cyborg and then killed. Now back as human and well still kicking. Yeah in MK death seems to be no big deal, that's the plot point to Scorpion and Johnny Cage. (With Cage, it was a joke.)

simbob4000
10-12-2014, 11:27 AM

Why? It's not like MK has much of a story, and what is there is a convoluted mess that just keeps getting dumber. And it's nice to see some new characters.

Xero Kaiser
10-12-2014, 08:11 PM
As in Nucanon at end of MK9 he was turned into a Lin Kunei cyborg and then killed. Now back as human and well still kicking.

In all fairness, we don't actually know who the current Sub Zero is. Whoever it is, it seems unlikely that it's the second Sub Zero.

Abishai100
11-23-2014, 02:30 PM
I love this franchise, and they really should do more with Baraka, that nasty dude from early games who had those terrifying arm blades and vicious-looking jaws.

Mortal Kombat is like the opposite of My Little Pony.

We really need to explore how this game represents 'human focus.'

:eek:

Mortal Kombat X (GameSpot)/ (http://www.gamespot.com/mortal-kombat-x/)

Gryphon
12-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Do we know what the playstation exclusive content is that they had mentioned there would be?

chongjasmine
12-18-2014, 08:50 PM
I prefer street fighter to mortal kombat.
Don't like the 'finish him' part of mortal kombat.

Gryphon
01-19-2015, 01:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EROmqidZQc

simbob4000
01-19-2015, 07:05 PM
It's kind of shocking how good this looks, seems it could be the first good MK fighting game.

Gryphon
02-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Well I put my digital preorder in on the playstation network

the_key_24
02-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Do we know what the playstation exclusive content is that they had mentioned there would be?

It's assumed to be Kratos since MK9 had Kratos only on PS3 and Vita

cc008
02-21-2015, 08:27 PM
I heard a rumor that Rain would be returning for this one. Any truth to that?

Captain M
02-22-2015, 04:10 AM
I heard a rumor that Rain would be returning for this one. Any truth to that?

It's not exactly a rumor.

I believe there is a rain power in one of the different modes so he is referenced. Don't know if it makes any difference on his chances for being playable though.

I really want Sindel.

cc008
02-22-2015, 08:03 AM
It's not exactly a rumor.

I believe there is a rain power in one of the different modes so he is referenced. Don't know if it makes any difference on his chances for being playable though.

I really want Sindel.

I really hope he is.. I'd love for the new timeline to have him flip allegiances. Realizing that he should fight for Edenia and freedom instead of for Shao Kahn.. or whatever Kahn is in this one.

The_Greatest_Username
02-22-2015, 08:30 AM
I'm a little disappointed that Jade mostly likely won't be playable this time around, but at least her playstyle will live on through Kitana, I guess.

Vanguard-01
02-22-2015, 08:48 AM
Hey, wait! Kitana's in the game?

I know this story takes place several years after the last game, but wasn't Kitana dead and enslaved in the Netherrealm the last time we saw her? How'd she get out?

Step
02-22-2015, 10:03 AM

I know this story takes place several years after the last game, but wasn't Kitana dead and enslaved in the Netherrealm the last time we saw her? How'd she get out?

Nobody knows~

It'll probs be revealed in the game or maybe in the comic book, but I haven't read that.

I'm a little disappointed that Jade mostly likely won't be playable this time around, but at least her playstyle will live on through Kitana, I guess.

It's not a "most likely" sadly, in their last showcase on Twitch, they out and out said she wasn't coming back ={ Jade was my fav character so I'm sad ;~; closest thing to Jade's playstyle will be available through Kitana's set "Mournful" where she has Jade's Bo and Boomerang.

Oh well, holding out hope for Sindel or maybe Sheeva, or just maybe Tanya.

wjowski
02-22-2015, 01:57 PM
Where the heck is Kenshi?

quinnzel
02-22-2015, 08:46 PM

Yeaahhhhh... by the end of Mortal Kombat 9, Sindel had pretty much killed everyone, but it seems like they're all back for X. So... I have no idea :confused: But I figured none of them would probably stay dead, because they killed off so many characters. They're adding lots of new characters to the roster for this game but I don't think they'd just ignore all the other more familiar and popular characters, either.

As for Kitana, hopefully they'll explain that!

the_key_24
02-22-2015, 10:59 PM
I hope I'm not the only one wanting Bo Rai Cho back

simbob4000
02-23-2015, 06:26 AM
Bo Rai Cho sucks so much, but I'm sure you're not the only person that wants him. He's such a boring, terrible looking design, and he's such a dumb concept for what he's meant to be. They want to do a cool Drunken Master trainer character? Ok, then just do Bagger So...but don't mix one of those smelly farting type characters with him. He's too dumb for the Bagger So type character he's meant to be, and he isn't as interesting and fun as gross characters like Bacterian (Dragon Ball) and Earthquake (Samurai Shodown).

simbob4000
02-23-2015, 06:29 AM

Almost everyone was dead after the last game, and Sub-Zero was turned into a robot.

Gryphon
02-23-2015, 05:24 PM
The comics do explain why everyone is back from the dead and several other details that will explain the story about the game

there was a war with the netherrealm and it ended with many escaping, scorpion becoming alive again and reviving his clan and characters like Jax and Kung lao returning to life. it also led to Kotal Kahn deposing Melina as ruler of outworld

quinnzel
02-23-2015, 10:49 PM
The comics do explain why everyone is back from the dead and several other details that will explain the story about the game

there was a war with the netherrealm and it ended with many escaping, scorpion becoming alive again and reviving his clan and characters like Jax and Kung lao returning to life. it also led to Kotal Kahn deposing Melina as ruler of outworld

Boy, that does explain a lot. Thanks for that!

Vanguard-01
02-24-2015, 08:11 AM

Ah! Thanks!

That clears everything up.

I keep forgetting that the comic is digital first. I'm only getting the print versions because digital comics and I do not get along, for some reason, so I've only read the first two issues.

Agent Z
02-24-2015, 08:59 AM

Was Jade resurrected as well? I heard she wasn't in the game.

Vanguard-01
02-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Was Jade resurrected as well? I heard she wasn't in the game.

She isn't in the game, sadly. And Kitana has a fighting mode called "Mournful" in which she fights with Jade's staff and boomerang thingy.

Smart money is on "Jade is dead." Which sucks. She was always one of my faves. :(

simbob4000
02-24-2015, 11:36 AM
She isn't in the game, sadly. And Kitana has a fighting mode called "Mournful" in which she fights with Jade's staff and boomerang thingy.

Smart money is on "Jade is dead." Which sucks. She was always one of my faves. :(

https://41.media.tumblr.com/36ba8f74cc120206acf3a51c989e691c/tumblr_nk1u4kzSkq1s5szj3o1_1280.png
https://40.media.tumblr.com/93afba16064d74db1c89d3347e7109cb/tumblr_nk1u4kzSkq1s5szj3o2_1280.png
https://41.media.tumblr.com/bf49537b87bcb9156d4dba6f893a2273/tumblr_nk1u4kzSkq1s5szj3o3_1280.png

simbob4000
02-24-2015, 05:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw6ervPEOAM

Sardorim
02-24-2015, 08:05 PM
They're slow with reveals that's for sure which may be due to the comic.

I can see why Takeda, Jacqui, Frost, Erron Black, Sonya, Jax, and the such cannot be revealed yet as it would ruin the tension the comics are trying to sell which is "Anyone can die! ...But Scorpion, Sub-Zero, ect..."

simbob4000
02-24-2015, 09:00 PM
I don't see Frost getting in this game. It already has Sub-Zero, and he has three different styles of play. I would think one of Cassie Cage's styles would be Sonyaish.

quinnzel
02-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Man, it sucks that Jade is really dead. But the whole thing with "Mournful" Kitana is kind of cool. I'm glad they're at least acknowledging that Jade was an important and popular enough character to at least have that.

Also, "klassic" made me laugh. Oh, Mortal Kombat and your love of starting words with "k"...

Sardorim
02-24-2015, 09:40 PM
I don't see Frost getting in this game. It already has Sub-Zero, and he has three different styles of play. I would think one of Cassie Cage's styles would be Sonyaish.

Sub-Zero and Frost are very different.

Frost also has a new background. She's an Orphan who never knew her parents, she grew up on the streets and self-taught herself to become an MMA fighter to participate in deathmatches to make a living.

They could easily use her Ice powers far differently from Sub-Zero who was always slower than Frost and now she would have a complete MMA fighting style that Sub-Zero lacks. Frost also has a Rivalry with Cassie Cage now and some are speculating that Sonya may "draft" Frost, who's currently in her "Care" after surviving the Deathmatch that Cassie got lucky in, into Special Forces thus giving Frost a Purpose, Family, and Special Forces training to user her Ice powers in new ways.

Step
02-24-2015, 11:27 PM
They're slow with reveals that's for sure which may be due to the comic.

Which is weird, didn't they say a new reveal every week? I could've sworn I heard something similar to that in a twitch stream or in a forum ot something, though I don't have links to back it up so IDK.

EDIT: actually, I think I may be remembering that wrong, I just hope there is a reveal soon.

Sardorim
02-25-2015, 12:08 AM
Well, if Takeda, Frost, Jacqui, Erron Black, and the such are really on the roster than they've done a lot of "Unofficial" reveals via the comics.

Jeremi
02-25-2015, 06:32 AM
Two PCs I really want to see return is Fujin and Havik.

And finally see Tremor become fully playable.

Man, it sucks that Jade is really dead. But the whole thing with "Mournful" Kitana is kind of cool. I'm glad they're at least acknowledging that Jade was an important and popular enough character to at least have that.

Also, "klassic" made me laugh. Oh, Mortal Kombat and your love of starting words with "k"...

That was always something I feared with the different fighting variations for characters in that instead of adding Sonya, Jax and Johnny they just gave their fighting styles to Cassie.

simbob4000
02-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Sub-Zero and Frost are very different.

Frost also has a new background. She's an Orphan who never knew her parents, she grew up on the streets and self-taught herself to become an MMA fighter to participate in deathmatches to make a living.

They could easily use her Ice powers far differently from Sub-Zero who was always slower than Frost and now she would have a complete MMA fighting style that Sub-Zero lacks. Frost also has a Rivalry with Cassie Cage now and some are speculating that Sonya may "draft" Frost, who's currently in her "Care" after surviving the Deathmatch that Cassie got lucky in, into Special Forces thus giving Frost a Purpose, Family, and Special Forces training to user her Ice powers in new ways.

They're both MK ninja characters that use ice projectile moves. They aren't very different at all.

I think Kano already has a grapple/counter style. And Cassie Cage has a style called Brawl that I think might be MMA-ish in style.

Sardorim
02-25-2015, 12:52 PM
They're both MK ninja characters that use ice projectile moves. They aren't very different at all.

I think Kano already has a grapple/counter style. And Cassie Cage has a style called Brawl that I think might be MMA-ish in style.

Frost didn't use Ice the same way and had her own fighting style.

Frost in the new Timeline has never been Lin Kuei. She's an Ice using MMA fighter now due to MK9 changing events so that Sektor remained Grandmaster MUCH longer due to Kuai Liang dying in MK9 so a recruitment drive never happened thus Frost never sought out the Lin Kuei in this timeline.

LoganAlpha30X33
02-25-2015, 05:01 PM
Cassie is supposed to have a bit of her parents and then mostly her own style, as the article that I read about it had the developers wanting to not just make her a mixture of her parents fighting style but to have mostly her own style.

simbob4000
02-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Frost didn't use Ice the same way and had her own fighting style.

Frost in the new Timeline has never been Lin Kuei. She's an Ice using MMA fighter now due to MK9 changing events so that Sektor remained Grandmaster MUCH longer due to Kuai Liang dying in MK9 so a recruitment drive never happened thus Frost never sought out the Lin Kuei in this timeline.

And there are already two characters that basically have a MMA style, and one character with three different freezing move styles. I don't see her making it into the game, even if she is in some comic.

Gryphon
02-26-2015, 03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5m3apFE6f8

simbob4000
02-26-2015, 04:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Ib8vRwixc

quinnzel
02-26-2015, 08:17 PM
That was always something I feared with the different fighting variations for characters in that instead of adding Sonya, Jax and Johnny they just gave their fighting styles to Cassie.

I know what you mean. As soon as I saw Cassie I thought, "Oh so Sonya and Johnny Cage aren't going to be in the game." That part really kind of sucks. I didn't know they weren't bringing Jax back either, though :(

Oh boy, Brutalities are back, baby! I always wondered when/if they'd bring them back into one of the newer games. I expected them to be back in MK9 but glad to see they're in MKX. Not that I'm able to actually perform a Brutality, because I've never been able to XD

Step
02-27-2015, 05:34 AM
Brutalities look lame =/ Like, less epic fatalities.

I like Kung Lao's flurry punches to the face tho, Cassie Cage's brutalities where she punches them so hard in the privates their heads flies off is funny too.

simbob4000
02-27-2015, 06:40 AM
I know what you mean. As soon as I saw Cassie I thought, "Oh so Sonya and Johnny Cage aren't going to be in the game." That part really kind of sucks. I didn't know they weren't bringing Jax back either, though :(

Oh boy, Brutalities are back, baby! I always wondered when/if they'd bring them back into one of the newer games. I expected them to be back in MK9 but glad to see they're in MKX. Not that I'm able to actually perform a Brutality, because I've never been able to XD

Only she doesn't really fight like any one of them by themselves. Even if this game didn't have three different styles it's likely wouldn't have made it in because of this new characters that combines them in a different way.

simbob4000
02-27-2015, 06:50 AM
Brutalities look lame =/ Like, less epic fatalities.

I like Kung Lao's flurry punches to the face tho, Cassie Cage's brutalities where she punches them so hard in the privates their heads flies off is funny too.

They aren't the same thing as the fatalities at all. I like how they seamlessly mix with the actual gameplay, it's too bad fatalities don't do that.

Step
02-27-2015, 07:02 AM
New characters and story mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZuxlckaC4Q

Spoilers for this trailer~
SINDEL!!!

Also, if the the Archer and Jacqueline are part of the Special Forces, chances are I'm joining that Guild, but IDK yet~

simbob4000
02-27-2015, 09:46 AM
New characters and story mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZuxlckaC4Q

Spoilers for this trailer~
SINDEL!!!

Also, if the the Archer and Jacqueline are part of the Special Forces, chances are I'm joining that Guild, but IDK yet~

You click that film strip at the top and you can easily insert the video you're posting.

Step
02-27-2015, 10:04 AM
You click that film strip at the top and you can easily insert the video you're posting.

Oh ok, cool, I didn't know that ty \O/

Did that~

cc008
03-04-2015, 06:01 AM
Story trailer is awesome. My favorite mode of MK9. I love single player campaigns. Much more than multiplayer stuff.

simbob4000
03-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Really? The story mode in 9 was a mess. Besides the story being pretty stupid, and characters (Raiden) doing stuff that didn't make any sense, it also didn't let you play as everyone in the game...it didn't even let you play as everyone that was playable. The story mode also has weird blind spots, like Sub-Zero going away to do something and coming back as a robot. The idea of a story mode is cool, but the story in MK9 was really really stupid.

TheDarkNut
03-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Really? The story mode in 9 was a mess. Besides the story being pretty stupid, and characters (Raiden) doing stuff that didn't make any sense, it also didn't let you play as everyone in the game...it didn't even let you play as everyone that was playable. The story mode also has weird blind spots, like Sub-Zero going away to do something and coming back as a robot. The idea of a story mode is cool, but the story in MK9 was really really stupid.

Sub Zero didn't go away to do something. He got captured by the Lin Kuei after beating Scorpion. Also the story was pretty simply and easy to understand. Or did you just press the skip button on every cutscene? Also calling time travel and reboots being stupid sounds hilarious over here considering comic books live off them.

cc008
03-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Sub Zero didn't go away to do something. He got captured by the Lin Kuei after beating Scorpion. Also the story was pretty simply and easy to understand. Or did you just press the skip button on every cutscene? Also calling time travel and reboots being stupid sounds hilarious over here considering comic books live off them.

Yea, they very clearly showed Sub Zero being captured by the Lin Kuei. Obviously, if you didn't pay attention to the cut scenes (which I loved), you'd be lost.

So yes, really. I enjoyed 9's story. They set out to do a reboot of sorts and we got a solid one. Human Smoke was a fan service. One I very much appreciated. Speaking of which, I am very excited that "scar face" Sub Zero is in X. I loved that costume.

simbob4000
03-04-2015, 04:16 PM

Did you make an account just to tell me that? Yeah, you're right, I was thinking the last time you saw him was when Jax's arms were blown off, but the last time you see him is right after that when dumb dumb Raiden just lets him get taken. You also can't skip the cutscenes in the story mode...guess because you can't skip art.

I didn't say it wasn't easy to understand, I said it was stupid and Raiden did things that didn't make sense. And it being stupid has nothing at all to do with the idea of time travel or being a reboot. It being stupid has to do with all the stupid things that happen in it, how the story seems to be tone deaf, and all the dumb things Raiden does...but that's just from the story aspect of it. As a mode it's dumb because for some reason it doesn't let you play as everyone; guess they just couldn't fit that into the grand vision they had for the story of MK9.

Raiden is such a dummy in MK9 I'm not sure how they're going to redeem him for this game. When I saw Liu Kang's ending I was like: Yeah, you go get that moron Liu Kang. And then I saw Shang Tsung's and I was like: F this game. Don't frame Liu Kang going against this idiot as a heel turn, and don't make one of the big villains a hero to take him down. And yes, these are character specific endings, I know this, and they have nothing to do with why MK9's story mode is dumb.

TheDarkNut
03-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Did you make an account just to tell me that? Yeah, you're right, I was thinking the last time you saw him was when Jax's arms were blown off, but the last time you see him is right after that when dumb dumb Raiden just lets him get taken. You also can't skip the cutscenes in the story mode...guess because you can't skip art.

I didn't say it wasn't easy to understand, I said it was stupid and Raiden did things that didn't make sense. And it being stupid has nothing at all to do with the idea of time travel or being a reboot. It being stupid has to do with all the stupid things that happen in it, how the story seems to be tone deaf, and all the dumb things Raiden does...but that's just from the story aspect of it. As a mode it's dumb because for some reason it doesn't let you play as everyone; guess they just couldn't fit that into the grand vision they had for the story of MK9.

Raiden is such a dummy in MK9 I'm not sure how they're going to redeem him for this game. When I saw Liu Kang's ending I was like: Yeah, you go get that moron Liu Kang. And then I saw Shang Tsung's and I was like: F this game. Don't frame Liu Kang going against this idiot as a heel turn, and don't make one of the big villains a hero to take him down. And yes, these are character specific endings, I know this, and they have nothing to do with why MK9's story mode is dumb.

LOL, no, I did not make an account to tell you that. Don't be so paranoid. I used to be here before the reset and just came back after a year and I just decided to go the gaming section first since I was hoping for some discussion about Arkham Knight (Which is hardly any, btw!).

Other than that, Raiden was pretty easy to understand. Change the past so the future in the opening cutscene doesn't happen. Simple. What more is there to get about Raiden's motivation? He knew he couldn't repeat the previous timeline because it would end with Shao Kahn winning again so he would have to try something new and that would meaning doing things the original Raiden never did. Also you keep saying Raiden did stupid things but give literally no examples. Sometime people have to do things that they don't like or agree with if it means stopping the villain and that's the whole point of Raiden story in MK9. In the end, Shao Kahn died so I say Raiden did a fine enough job.

simbob4000
03-04-2015, 09:34 PM
I wasn't being paranoid, I just saw that you joined this month and your first post was your reply to me about MK.

I didn't say it was hard to understand what Raiden was trying to do. I said Raiden was a dumb dumb who made one stupid decision after another. But yeah, Raiden did a fine job, he got everyone but Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade killed, gave another villain an army of Earths greatest warriors, accidentally killed the hero of Earthrealm, and was only able to "beat" Shao Kahn by letting Shao Kahn do the thing he was trying to do before everyone was killed. The funny thing is Liu Kang also beat Shao Kahn pretty early in the story mode. Surely Raiden knows how powerful this Shao Kahn person is, but nope, like a dumb dumb Raiden doesn't do anything to make sure that Shao Kahn is actually dead. Maybe after Liu Kang punched a hole in Shao Kahn Raiden should have told him to keep punching him, just keep punching this guy he's in a death match with until his head is gone. I mean Raiden does want this guy dead right? Why isn't he letting his team in on the fact that punching a hole in him might not kill him? Could it be because Raiden can't stop doing stupid things in this story? Even if he thinks he's dead, why are they letting his people take his body? Maybe keep that body so some wizard can't bring him back to life. And we know Shao Kahn has people that can't do that, because the next scene after we see Shao Kahn is alive we see Quan Chi bring someone back to life.

simbob4000
03-11-2015, 02:25 PM
If you didn't know Johnny Cage was already in the game
http://i.imgur.com/t9shYQ1.jpg

Mileena
http://i.imgur.com/SlJm9Un.jpg

Cassie Cage

The daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade, has a lot to live up to. Her parents were among the few kombatants to survive the wars against Outworld and NetherRealm, and were instrumental to EarthRealm's victories. Cassie is as strong-willed--and occasionally hotheaded--as her mother; and as quick-witted as her beloved dad, which makes her popular within her Special Forces unit.

D'Vorah

Is of a race called the Kytinn, which populates the island realm of Arnyek. The solitary nature of the Kytinn meant a common defense of their realm was impossible; thus it was conquered and merged with Outworld by Shao Kahn. D'Vorah's loyalty and insightfulness, unusual traits for a Kytinn, led to her quick political rise.

Ferra/Torr

The dual being known as Ferra/Torr is mysterious even to their closest allies. It's rumored that Torr and Ferra were Outworld citizens, captured and permanently tethered to each other by the evil sorcerer Shang Tsung in the bowels of his Flesh Pits. They're more likely members of a forgotten symbiotic race, in which the 'rider' bonds with a 'mount.' The rider, Ferra, serves as the de facto brains of the duo, while the hulking Torr is the muscle. It's possible they communicate with each other telepathically, or that Ferra can actually understand Torr’s booming grunts. Found roaming the Tarkatan Wastes by Kotal Kahn’s troops, Ferra/Torr were pressed into service as the emperor’s personal bodyguards.

Johnny Cage

Hollywood action hero Johnny Cage entered his first Mortal Kombat tournament for the publicity. Raiden observed that the arrogant, loquacious Cage, was 'a hero. .. though he may not yet know it.' Raiden was correct, of course: Johnny's martial arts skills were not special effects--and were pivotal in EarthRealm's victory.

Kano

Kano is a member of the Black Dragon, a group of international arms dealers. Sonya, Jax and the Special Forces have been trying to shut them down for decades. Though he's from EarthRealm (Australia), Kano usually sides with his home realm's enemies. In the past he provided high tech weapons both to Shao Kahn's Outworld armies and Shinnok and Quan Chi of the NetherRealm. After Shinnok's defeat Kano returned to Outworld, keeping a low profile but making a tidy profit running guns from Earth to Outworld.

Kotal Khan

Kotal Khan was a young boy in the warrior realm of Osh-Tekk when it was merged with Outworld by Shao Kahn. He grew up admiring the Outworld emperor. But Kotal kept hidden from Shao Kahn a secret Osh-Tekk portal to EarthRealm. Kotal's 'magical' appearances and demonstrations of great power in EarthRealm led its inhabitants to declare him a god, whom they called Buluc. After Shao Kahn was killed in the war with EarthRealm, Kotal served Shao Kahn’s heir Mileena. But her instability eventually led Kotal to overthrow her and assume the emperorship.

Mileena

Perceiving a lack of loyalty in his adopted daughter, Kitana, Shao Kahn ordered Shang Tsung to create a replacement, a daughter worthy to be his heir. Shang Tsung fulfilled Shao Kahn's order by fusing Tarkatan DNA with Kitana’s. The resulting hybrid Mileena is as bloodthirsty and vicious as a Tarkatan, but possesses the martial artistry and poise of an Edenian.

Raiden

Raiden is the God of Thunder and the Protector of EarthRealm. Millennia ago he and the Elder Gods defeated Shinnok, who sought dominion over the realms. More recently, Raiden thwarted Outworld's attempts to conquer and merge with EarthRealm. However victory came at great cost. Many of Raiden's closest allies were killed in the battle. Raiden's strength was further tested when an escaped Shinnok’s NetherRealm armies attacked an EarthRealm weakened by war. Ultimately Raiden imprisoned Shinnok again--this time in Shinnok's own Amulet.

Scorpion

Hanzo Hasashi was a member of the Shirai-Ryu assassin clan until they and his family were killed by Sub-Zero of the rival Lin Kuei clan. Hanzo's soul was claimed by the NetherRealm sorcerer Quan Chi, who resurrected him as the revenant Scorpion and gave him the chance to avenge his family's deaths.

Sub-Zero

Kuai Liang and his older brother Bi-Han served the Lin Kuei assassin clan faithfully until the first Mortal Kombat tournament. There Bi-Han, code-named Sub-Zero, was killed by the demon Scorpion. Kuai Liang assumed the Sub-Zero mantle and went to Outworld to find his brother's killer.

Images for the other characters on Amazon page. (http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-X-PlayStation-4/dp/B00KOOUVNI)

Step
03-11-2015, 03:01 PM
I saw the leak that showed him, is he confirmed a playable character? If so, that kind of...sucks =/ I kinda viewed Cassie Cage as a sort of legacy character, why add Sonya and Johnny Cage if you have their child?

Animeality
03-11-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm a little disappointed with the characters that have come back (Sub-Zero and Scorpion you expect). But for the more competitive types, I guess it's better to have characters you're familiar with. There's still room on the roster I guess.

Captain M
03-12-2015, 02:44 AM
So have about 5 more spots left.

I suspect: Sonya, Jax, Shinnok, Kenshi and Erron Black.

Jeremi
03-12-2015, 08:43 AM
Sonya just got revealed in the Cage Family video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nyVsBXOJCiM

While nice to see both Sonya and Johnny playable, from a gameplay stand point they feel pointless since Cassie Cage's figthing variations implement their moves into them already.

And the three I want to see is Havik, Fujin and Tremor.

Nyssane
03-12-2015, 08:49 AM
I'm so glad they didn't go over the top ridiculous with the female costumes (which can be a problem in fighting games). But I don't know if I'll get it, as the gore is just too much for me.

Gryphon
03-12-2015, 11:20 AM
Cyrax and sektor were teased yesterday

Step
03-12-2015, 11:41 AM
I wonder how Cassie must feel, what with her mother looking so much younger than her and all that.

simbob4000
03-12-2015, 03:18 PM
And the three I want to see is Havik, Fujin and Tremor.

The thing about those three though is you're probably one of the few people that wants any of them. No one really cares about MK characters from the 3D era, people care even less about the MK4 cast, and Tremor is last of the MK ninjas people want.

Although Fujin is in the game, but I'm not sure if he's playable.

Step
03-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Just cause they aren't popular doesn't mean I don't want them to be abandoned, there were some solid character that might have worked had they got worked on some more.

Tanya for example, is a character I wouldn't mind returning, just a snake in the grass who nobody can trust and switches alligences whenever it's convenient for her, a character who's only interested in herself, there aren't many women like that in games, just straight up irredeemable types, I'd like to see what they can do with a character like that.

The Chou Lives
03-12-2015, 06:13 PM
I saw the leak that showed him, is he confirmed a playable character? If so, that kind of...sucks =/ I kinda viewed Cassie Cage as a sort of legacy character, why add Sonya and Johnny Cage if you have their child?

Agreed full heartly.

The ponit of a legacy character is to replace the relation, especially if have their fighting style!

simbob4000
03-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Just cause they aren't popular doesn't mean I don't want them to be abandoned, there were some solid character that might have worked had they got worked on some more.

Tanya for example, is a character I wouldn't mind returning, just a snake in the grass who nobody can trust and switches alligences whenever it's convenient for her, a character who's only interested in herself, there aren't many women like that in games, just straight up irredeemable types, I'd like to see what they can do with a character like that.

Most of MK's bad characters should just be abandoned. There isn't much point in reworking them into something good and interesting if it means you basically have to make a new character.

simbob4000
03-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Agreed full heartly.

The ponit of a legacy character is to replace the relation, especially if have their fighting style!

They seem to play pretty differently from each other, and their styles sound very different.

Step
03-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Most of MK's bad characters should just be abandoned. There isn't much point in reworking them into something good and interesting if it means you basically have to make a new character.

I wasn't suggesting they rework her, I was suggesting they work with what they have and flesh her out.

But yeah, if they feel a character is a lost cause, then sure.

simbob4000
03-12-2015, 06:48 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/12/8198393/mortal-kombat-x-johnny-cage-story-mode

Johnny Cage's signature moves, like his slide kick and crotch punch, span his three fighting styles, but "A-List" lets players charge certain normal and special attacks for increased damage. The risk-reward is that charged attacks take a little longer to actually execute, but it's a good opportunity to mix up your moves and inflict more damage if you connect.

Cage's other variations include "Fisticuffs," in which Johnny is outfitted with a pair of brass knuckles (that, of course, read C-A-G-E across the front). Fisticuffs adds a move called fist bump that increases the damage of certain moves for a limited period of time and gives Johnny some flashy combos. Cage can also fight with a "Stunt Double" variation, with which he can create yellow mimics of himself. Instead of performing his signature slide kick or rising uppercut himself, he can launch a ghostly mimic to perform the same move. Stunt Double limits his fireball throwing ability, however. Instead of tossing two fireballs in two different arcs, a la Mortal Kombat 2, Stunt Double Cage can only throw them in a straight horizontal line, as in the original Mortal Kombat.

simbob4000
03-12-2015, 06:58 PM
I wasn't suggesting they rework her, I was suggesting they work with what they have and flesh her out.

But yeah, if they feel a character is a lost cause, then sure.

They don't have anything with her. She's just the female ninja from the Mortal Kombat game no one cares about.

Step
03-12-2015, 07:39 PM
They don't have anything with her. She's just the female ninja from the Mortal Kombat game no one cares about.

She's a female ninja who caused all of Endynia too fall to Shinnok, and allow him to wage a war with the gods.

The game wasn't great but I think some characters have potential is all.

Project Initiative Cascada
03-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Yuck no offence but I couldn't care less about Tanya. There's nothing great or memorable about her.

Where the hell is Jade or Ms. Sindel in this? You can't make a Mortal Kombat game without those two. Would also like to see Khameleon and Li Mei.

simbob4000
03-13-2015, 01:03 AM
She's a female ninja who caused all of Endynia too fall to Shinnok, and allow him to wage a war with the gods.

The game wasn't great but I think some characters have potential is all.

But no one cares about that stuff. She's just yellow ninja girl, the least interesting of the ninja girls.

The only MK4 character I would say is good is Quan Chi...and he doesn't even actually come from MK4.

Captain M
03-13-2015, 04:03 AM
So whats the current roster?

Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Cassie Cage
Kotal Kahn
D'Vorah
Reptile
Ferra/Torr
Mileena
Kitana
Ermac
Kano
Jax
Jacqui
Takeda
Kung Jin
Kung Lao
Quan Chi
Shinnok
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Goro
Raiden

how many more spots do we have? 3?

I'm expecting Erron Black, Liu Kang and Kenshi.

If more, Fujin and Rain.

Double 0
03-13-2015, 06:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAaAk3O9O8g

Happy Friday the 13th.

Agent Z
03-13-2015, 07:25 AM
I thought Johnny would have become less of a joker after a while especially given the events of the last game.

One character I'd have liked to see return is Kai from MK4. I thought his fighting style was kind of interesting and I would have loved to see his past expanded on. Hey if Stryker can be given a chance to win fans over, anything's possible right?

Transmit Him
03-13-2015, 07:49 AM
I thought Johnny would have become less of a joker after a while especially given the events of the last game.

One character I'd have liked to see return is Kai from MK4. I thought his fighting style was kind of interesting and I would have loved to see his past expanded on. Hey if Stryker can be given a chance to win fans over, anything's possible right?

Given that MK9 was effectively 1-3 redux, I was expecting more elements of MK4 to be in X, reworked and rejigged. Kai, Jarek, Fujin, Reiko. Bit of shame they haven't gone that way.

Gryphon
03-13-2015, 11:00 AM
So Jason, predator and who else will be dlc? ( predator isn't confirmed but heavily speculated)

Gryphon
03-13-2015, 11:04 AM
So whats the current roster?

Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Cassie Cage
Kotal Kahn
D'Vorah
Reptile
Ferra/Torr
Mileena
Kitana
Ermac
Kano
Jax
Jacqui
Takeda
Kung Jin
Kung Lao
Quan Chi
Shinnok
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Goro
Raiden

how many more spots do we have? 3?

I'm expecting Erron Black, Liu Kang and Kenshi.

If more, Fujin and Rain.
Boon teased Cyrax and Sektor two days ago and kenshi was confirmed by way of the mobile game

Step
03-13-2015, 11:31 AM
So Jason, predator and who else will be dlc? ( predator isn't confirmed but heavily speculated)

That's cause Ed Boon kept teasing him, he also kept teasing Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal, I'm not sure if either of them will be in the game tho or if he's just messing with us.

simbob4000
03-13-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm pretty sure they said no console exclusive characters this time around.

Step
03-13-2015, 11:57 AM
^
Oh, that's good!

Thing is, I hope there aren't too many guest characters, 1 or 2 is fine, but I'd prefer they keep the focus on MK characters

I'm hearing a lot of speculation, like Alien Xenomorph, Predator, Freddy, so yeah.

simbob4000
03-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Given that MK9 was effectively 1-3 redux, I was expecting more elements of MK4 to be in X, reworked and rejigged. Kai, Jarek, Fujin, Reiko. Bit of shame they haven't gone that way.

They do seem to be going that way. Fujin is in the game, as is Shinnok. No one cares about those other three characters...Kotal Kahn is probably taking the place of not Shao Kahn.

simbob4000
03-13-2015, 12:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsUe3j8TRGE

It's the mobile version, but it shows off a move for Kenshi.

Gryphon
03-13-2015, 01:28 PM
QTEs in the story mode cutscenes? not sure what I feel about that

simbob4000
03-13-2015, 01:38 PM
QTEs in the story mode cutscenes? not sure what I feel about that

Just seems to be another way of doing branching paths. It's at least nice to hear there's a point to them.

Gryphon
03-13-2015, 03:14 PM
Wait was smoke confirmed as not coming back?

Gryphon
03-13-2015, 03:55 PM
The stream wasn't very good this time in general

The_Greatest_Username
03-13-2015, 04:01 PM
It feels like Jade is the one of the only classic characters not coming back. :(
I hope they make her DLC or something.

Step
03-13-2015, 10:46 PM
It feels like Jade is the one of the only classic characters not coming back. :(

Me too, she's my fav D: Her and Sindel.

If they aren't added now, hopefully they are as DLC.

simbob4000
03-13-2015, 10:50 PM

Kitana has her moves as one of her styles. Maybe she'll be an alt costume for her.

Step
03-13-2015, 11:39 PM
Kitana has her moves as one of her styles. Maybe she'll be an alt costume for her.

Didn't they reveal her alt costume in that Reptile vs. Kitana twitch?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/feb/12/kitan-and-reptile-alternate-costumes-mortal-kombat-x-revealed-jade-will-not-be-mkx/

With Johnny and Sonya coming back despite Cassie having some similarities, I'm holding out hope they they can still make a unique moveset for her, I know it might be slim but who knows.

The_Greatest_Username
03-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Me too, she's my fav D: Her and Sindel.

If they aren't added now, hopefully they are as DLC.

I know! I think it's neat the situation with Kitana is neat from a story and gameplay standpoint, but I still want to play as Jade!

I would be fine with that. Sort of like how they added a John Stewart costume (with a different VO) for the Green Lantern character in Injustice.

Jeremi
03-15-2015, 02:42 AM
The thing about those three though is you're probably one of the few people that wants any of them. No one really cares about MK characters from the 3D era, people care even less about the MK4 cast, and Tremor is last of the MK ninjas people want.

Although Fujin is in the game, but I'm not sure if he's playable.

Oh I'm not going to disagree with you but I have to agree with Step that all three of those with a bit of that MK9 magic they did for the others then they would all be good adds in both a gameplay and story perspective.

simbob4000
03-16-2015, 05:22 PM
Oh I'm not going to disagree with you but I have to agree with Step that all three of those with a bit of that MK9 magic they did for the others then they would all be good adds in both a gameplay and story perspective.

MK9 didn't do any magic on any characters that weren't already favorites. Stryker is still lame in MK9, he's just not chubby anymore.

quinnzel
03-16-2015, 08:15 PM
Boon teased Cyrax and Sektor two days ago and kenshi was confirmed by way of the mobile game

Kenshi's also in the trailer that revealed Sonya and Johnny Cage will be back, so I think it's a safe bet to say he'll be in it.

I have to admit, I am super stoked that Jason is going to be in the game. But now they HAVE to bring back Freddy. I mean come on, it's mandatory! I wish it was the Robert Englund version though D:

Jeremi
03-17-2015, 06:46 AM
MK9 didn't do any magic on any characters that weren't already favorites. Stryker is still lame in MK9, he's just not chubby anymore.

I'd have to disagree with that, while not the best character or anything MK9 did a good job to re-do him from both an outfit, gameplay and personality perspective.

In other news some pictures were revealed as well as the Xbone achievements so spoilers abound. http://www.fightersgeneration.com/screens/mkx-trophies.htm

simbob4000
03-17-2015, 08:06 AM
I'd have to disagree with that, while not the best character or anything MK9 did a good job to re-do him from both an outfit, gameplay and personality perspective.

In other news some pictures were revealed as well as the Xbone achievements so spoilers abound. http://www.fightersgeneration.com/screens/mkx-trophies.htm

He still sucks, to an almost mind blowing degree. For a series that takes so much from movies, it's odd they couldn't think of one interesting cop character to rip-off. Design wise he still sucks too, he might actually suck more because old chubby Stryker was at least funnier. His moves are also really stupid, oh look, it's the Mortal Kombat fighter that hits people with a flashlight...why are you so lame Stryker? His backstory is actually worse in MK9. The idea of being the only person alive in some giant city is more interesting than being the friend of a better character. I don't remember any personality of note.

Gryphon
03-17-2015, 09:57 AM
So it seems Eron Black was leaked to be playable

Gryphon
03-17-2015, 01:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6T8jIxtw0E

simbob4000
03-17-2015, 04:47 PM
So it seems Eron Black was leaked to be playable

It would have been pretty weird if Erron Black wasn't a playable character.

Gryphon
03-17-2015, 04:53 PM
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/577980388900880384

Now Boon is straight up trolling

Agent Z
03-18-2015, 08:59 AM

Nope Stryker got a great deal of positive reception after MK9.

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=142478

LoganAlpha30X33
03-18-2015, 10:25 AM
Noticed that Johnny and Sonya were married but aren't in the game though they still fight like an old married couple, plus Johnny's fatality reminds me of The Shining...

The Chou Lives
03-18-2015, 11:28 AM
As for Tremor: I do not like the idea of another ninja clone,but a guy with Earth based powers would be interesting in MK. As visceral in detail their fights are and can do things with rock/sand/etc.

And the only two people I miss not going to show up are Jade and Smoke. Aside that not complaining about rooster.

But as of MK9 they do Story Mode VERY well and I love Mortal Kombat's fighting.

How goodgmaes work.

Plot>Game Play> Everything else.

Agent Z
03-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Noticed that Johnny and Sonya were married but aren't in the game though they still fight like an old married couple, plus Johnny's fatality reminds me of The Shining...

That suddenly gives me a frightening image of what Cassie's childhood was like.

LoganAlpha30X33
03-18-2015, 12:24 PM
No wonder she ends up fighting in this tournament...maybe she forced her parents into it hoping that one or both would end up getting killed off and she wouldn't have to listen to them fight anymore...

simbob4000
03-18-2015, 04:00 PM
Nope Stryker got a great deal of positive reception after MK9.

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=142478

Yeah, huge Mortal Kombat fans love Mortal Kombat character. I'm sure you could find stuff like that for every MK character over there, many of them even say they loved MK3 Stryker...and they didn't even like him because he was so lame, they legitimately thought that version was cool. One of them even points out how they haven't actually changed him all that much. MK9 Stryker is still lame, and the way that game tries to push him is pretty funny. And like I said before, his old backstory is actually more interesting than what they gave him in MK9.

Chris Redfield in MvC3 is a good example of what they seem to wish Stryker was. He's got a better design (both his normal and alt) and he's got a more interesting move set...and one of his strongest moves isn't a flashlight.

Xalfrea
03-18-2015, 04:36 PM
What's really horrifying though? Players will have the opportunity make JC perform that Shining Fatality...on his own daughter.

simbob4000
03-18-2015, 07:45 PM
What's really horrifying though? Players will have the opportunity make JC perform that Shining Fatality...on his own daughter.

He can also punch her right in the puss...and I don't mean face. Although he can punch her in the face too.

Step
03-18-2015, 08:36 PM
To be honest yeah, that's the main thing that weirds me out in this game, you can have the Cage family fighting each other and doing fatalities and all that.

I know families have fought before, like Kitana and Sindel, but this is different cause they seem soo much more like a regular family, oh well, I guess I'll try not to fatality when I fight against them.

Anyway, new twitch tomoz!
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/578354649889030144

Also, he hinted at another -ialty
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/578316228692856833

Sadly, it's not Animality :'( I hope it's Friendship, please be friendship! though that doesn't really end in -ialty...

Xalfrea
03-18-2015, 10:29 PM
Yeah, same case for Sub-Zero and Noob Saibot. Plus, Noob is kind of a dick anyways. But for Johnny, Sonya and Cassie, ho boy this is gonna be awkward.

Agent Z
03-19-2015, 04:19 AM
Yeah, huge Mortal Kombat fans love Mortal Kombat character. I'm sure you could find stuff like that for every MK character over there, many of them even say they loved MK3 Stryker...and they didn't even like him because he was so lame, they legitimately thought that version was cool. One of them even points out how they haven't actually changed him all that much. MK9 Stryker is still lame, and the way that game tries to push him is pretty funny. And like I said before, his old backstory is actually more interesting than what they gave him in MK9.

Chris Redfield in MvC3 is a good example of what they seem to wish Stryker was. He's got a better design (both his normal and alt) and he's got a more interesting move set...and one of his strongest moves isn't a flashlight.

I'm not getting what you're saying here. Fans didn't like Strykey before, now they do. What exactly is your point? I'm pretty sure if you look through the net you'll find more people liking Stryker.

Gryphon
03-19-2015, 02:40 PM
I hate Takeda's voice

Mileena looks cool to play as

Quitality is an awesome idea

simbob4000
03-19-2015, 04:11 PM
I'm not getting what you're saying here. Fans didn't like Stryker before, now they do. What exactly is your point? I'm pretty sure if you look through the net you'll find more people liking Stryker.

I was saying you linked to a place full of huge MK fans, and those particular fans talk about how much they liked MK3 Stryker too. All you did was point to people that have always loved Stryker to illustrate how much people like the new version of him.

Yeah, and I'll find people that say he sucks too.

simbob4000
03-19-2015, 04:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS8t-90vBwc

Step
03-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Quitalities seemed nice, though I was really holding out hope for a Friendship or a Animality so eh.

Milenna's fatalities grossed me out more than anyone's so far lol, it wasn't as gorey as say...Ermac's but those sounds effects man lol.

....That is until I saw Takeda's, the gurgling man! D: D: D: They're really going all out with fatalities lol

The Chou Lives
03-19-2015, 08:08 PM
Apparently guys not ocming back are now assitant power ups in this custom kodifier mode fight deal.

Zuh?

So far;

-Rain
-Kabal
-Cyrax I spotted as a summon deal.

Gryphon
03-19-2015, 09:45 PM
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Dlc/Kombat-Pack/c58b4c60-fcb0-42cb-b790-2e1bee90d628#gameDetailsSection

DLC leak confirms the predator

Captain M
03-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Apparently guys not ocming back are now assitant power ups in this custom kodifier mode fight deal.

Zuh?

So far;

-Rain
-Kabal
-Cyrax I spotted as a summon deal.

Stryker
Noob
Smoke
Jade

Ite
03-20-2015, 01:14 AM
https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Dlc/Kombat-Pack/c58b4c60-fcb0-42cb-b790-2e1bee90d628#gameDetailsSection

DLC leak confirms the predator

That is just Badass.

The Big G
03-20-2015, 10:27 AM
#TeamMileena

OMMM NOMMM NOMMM NOMMM

Xalfrea
03-20-2015, 07:34 PM
New Kombat Pack announced that gives us two more characters aside from Jason and Predator: Tanya from MK4....and Tremor from MKSF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cve4ye_25_E

Jeremi
03-21-2015, 01:03 AM
New Kombat Pack announced that gives us two more characters aside from Jason and Predator: Tanya from MK4....and Tremor from MKSF.

Really cool to see Tremor finally become fully playable in a game. Tanya's a pretty interesting character as well so that's neat.

Also Liu Kang and Jax were mentioned in the up coming costume packs to that fully confirms them as playable.

Step
03-21-2015, 07:54 AM

Tanya! YESSHHH, I mean, Sindel or Jade would've been preferred but YESSSSSHHH

She looks pretty bad though...~ and NRS were doing better with their female faces in this game OTL

Jeremi
03-21-2015, 10:27 AM
Tanya! YESSHHH, I mean, Sindel or Jade would've been preferred but YESSSSSHHH

She looks pretty bad though...~ and NRS were doing better with their female faces in this game OTL

She looks absolutely haggard, Tremor looks great though.

Step
03-21-2015, 11:10 AM
She looks absolutely haggard, Tremor looks great though.

Well yeah lol, she looks like that Killer Instinct Character, Orchid but busted up.

Jeremi
03-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Well yeah lol, she looks like that Killer Instinct Character, Orchid but busted up.

A bit like Orchid's old model yeah. Let's hope her model's a work in progress still.

cc008
03-21-2015, 05:51 PM
Preordered this today. Cant wait.

Gryphon
03-23-2015, 07:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fho6qv8o9hg

Sardorim
03-24-2015, 12:00 AM
Tanya is nice but really wanted Frost and Fujin. Maybe next pack?

Greg
03-26-2015, 09:52 AM
They really lightened Tanya's skin. Wow.

I'm shocked to see Tremor. Would have NEVER expected that. That's a little exciting.

Gryphon
03-26-2015, 11:14 AM

I'm shocked to see Tremor. Would have NEVER expected that. That's a little exciting.

Youtuber Doctre81 made a video about Tanya's appearance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY9FVA5ry98

Sardorim
03-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Hopefully Tremor getting in doesn't mean we'll be forced with that lame Khrome stuff.

Step
03-26-2015, 06:45 PM

I was really afraid of that, I thought I saw it too but wasn't sure if it was just the lighting or not I remember Jade's picture in MK9 and just hating how much lighter they made her =/

Saying that though, I hope it's just the lighting.

cc008
03-26-2015, 07:04 PM
That new Liu Kang video with his fatality at the end is about as savage as it gets. I've always been able to handle the violence and kind of laugh about how crazy it is. That last fatality made me have to get up and walk around for a little bit.

simbob4000
03-26-2015, 07:15 PM
That new Liu Kang video with his fatality at the end is about as savage as it gets. I've always been able to handle the violence and kind of laugh about how crazy it is. That last fatality made me have to get up and walk around for a little bit.

There's a new video? Why didn't you post it?

Gryphon
03-26-2015, 07:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3UM2nUZrhc

simbob4000
03-26-2015, 08:11 PM
They gave him Dalton's throat rip+, that's pretty funny. Would have been cooler if they gave him Kenshiro's exploding head and body move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyDJXMQ50Ow

Gryphon
03-27-2015, 02:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPGj1o2LLTk

simbob4000
03-27-2015, 06:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmPm4ugMs4Q

cc008
03-28-2015, 07:35 PM

Because at the time I was on my phone and posting links on my phone is a pita.

quinnzel
03-29-2015, 08:39 PM
I LOVE Erron Black's x-ray. It's cheesy and silly that the bullet has the other fighter's name on it but it's awesome. Very Wanted-esque.

With each video put out, the game impresses me more and more. The graphics are just gorgeous.

And... I don't know if it's been posted here or not because I didn't go through the last couple pages, but holy CRAP Ermac's second fatality is disgusting. Seriously. That's probably the grossest fatality I've ever seen.

Xero Kaiser
03-30-2015, 08:22 PM
And... I don't know if it's been posted here or not because I didn't go through the last couple pages, but holy CRAP Ermac's second fatality is disgusting. Seriously. That's probably the grossest fatality I've ever seen.

Ermac's 2nd fatality is definitely one of the best ones MK's ever had. Actually a lot of fatalities, X-Rays, even some of the more mundane moves like throws in MKX just look brutal as hell.

simbob4000
04-01-2015, 04:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl8WWr0rqFU

simbob4000
04-04-2015, 06:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvFd3GDmHM

simbob4000
04-04-2015, 06:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37kLH75cuP4

Greg
04-04-2015, 08:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvFd3GDmHM

YESSSS!!!! Haha. Love Prince Goro!

gobSIDES
04-04-2015, 11:29 AM
I love it when you're super pumped for a game from the day of it's announcement and in a month building up to release you buzz in Kompletely killed.

Huge fan of the series and was the first fighting game I ever played was MK1 when I was a kid, loved it since then and since the years have gone on I've built up a love for some Kharacters and skills with them, who I genuinely love to play as. In order.
Kabal
Baraka
Mileena
Sindel
Stryker
Nightwolf

Out of that list only one character is present. Mileena. Granted some are dead in the story, but let's be honest story is not priority in Kompetitive games like MK. I wouldn't mind as much as I do but were getting DLC with gimmick characters like Jason Vorhees and Predator. While Kharacters like Baraka are omitted.....it just makes me think your game is a bit of a joke tbh, and EVEN worse they may show up later as DLC? When the game is gonna be marketed at around 70 Euros.

Step
04-04-2015, 01:28 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/amazongames

I just read that there was an all access stream coming in, I think it started half an hour ago and it's only the introduction, I don't think much was missed.

Captain M
04-05-2015, 01:20 AM
All chapters:

Chapter 1 - Johnny Cage
Chapter 2 - Kotal Khan
Chapter 3 - Sub Zero
Chapter 4 - Kung Jin
Chapter 5 - Sonya Blade
Chapter 6 - D'vorah
Chapter 7 - Takeda
Chapter 8 - Jax
Chapter 9 - Scorpion
Chapter 10 - Raiden
Chapter 11 - Jacqui Briggs
Chapter 12 - Cassie Cage

Captain M
04-05-2015, 01:24 AM
Some random huge spoilers:

- Mileena dies in the story mode.
- Shinnok is the unlockable character.
- Tanya plays a big part in the story.
- Rain and Frost and more are fightable NPCs.

Captain M
04-05-2015, 02:00 AM
Welp, I just saw the ending.

Sardorim
04-05-2015, 02:59 AM
Leaks everywhere.

Twitch, youtube, ustream, and the such are already rolling out a ton of channel closings and bans.

wjowski
04-05-2015, 06:22 AM
I'm actually kind of shocked Kenshi made the cut (twice!) considering he's from the not-so-lovingly-remembered PS2 era.

Xalfrea
04-05-2015, 07:05 AM
But that's because Kenshi is actually one of the very few GOOD things from the PS2 era.

Though I will admit that Deadly Alliance brought me back into MK.

simbob4000
04-05-2015, 07:34 AM
I love it when you're super pumped for a game from the day of it's announcement and in a month building up to release you buzz in Kompletely killed.

Huge fan of the series and was the first fighting game I ever played was MK1 when I was a kid, loved it since then and since the years have gone on I've built up a love for some Kharacters and skills with them, who I genuinely love to play as. In order.
Kabal
Baraka
Mileena
Sindel
Stryker
Nightwolf

Out of that list only one character is present. Mileena. Granted some are dead in the story, but let's be honest story is not priority in Kompetitive games like MK. I wouldn't mind as much as I do but were getting DLC with gimmick characters like Jason Vorhees and Predator. While Kharacters like Baraka are omitted.....it just makes me think your game is a bit of a joke tbh, and EVEN worse they may show up later as DLC? When the game is gonna be marketed at around 70 Euros.

Why would guest characters make you think the game is a joke? Especially in Mortal Kombat, the game that liberally takes from a number of movies...one of which is Predator.

simbob4000
04-05-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm actually kind of shocked Kenshi made the cut (twice!) considering he's from the not-so-lovingly-remembered PS2 era.

There's two different whole versions of him in this game?

Double 0
04-05-2015, 08:25 AM
There's two different whole versions of him in this game?

MK9 and MKX

Jeremi
04-05-2015, 10:58 AM
But that's because Kenshi is actually one of the very few GOOD things from the PS2 era.

I've always liked Havik quite a bit from the PS2 era. Also Frost and Nitara.

hqt4991
04-06-2015, 03:04 AM
From what I've seen of the leaks, Cassie Cage will be MKX's golden child.

I'm very happy with that.

Agent Z
04-06-2015, 03:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3UM2nUZrhc

With Raiden's comment about how Lui Kang was like a son to him, Lui sounds like an angry teenager mouthing off to his dad.

simbob4000
04-06-2015, 08:25 AM
With Raiden's comment about how Lui Kang was like a son to him, Lui sounds like an angry teenager mouthing off to his dad.

Well, Raiden did get everyone killed with his stupidity in the last game. They made Raiden so dumb in the last game that it's just weird that they're seemingly framing him as a good guy, and Lu Kang as a bad guy at this point. Raiden also accidently killed him in the last game.

simbob4000
04-06-2015, 08:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCHmqJgs1ow

Sardorim
04-06-2015, 09:45 AM

Well, this game is fully retiring quite a few vets and certain characters from mk9 don't even show up even as npcs.

I'm happy that Frost seems to be a unique npc as that means she may be dlc like Tanya as she's pretty highly requested as a female add thanks to the mkx comics.

-

Leaks seem to reveal that Kung Jin is openly gay thus the first gay character in the mk franchise.

Captain M
04-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Leaks seem to reveal that Kung Jin is openly gay thus the first gay character in the mk franchise.

That's awesome.

Edit: And a lie apparently. I asked someone who watched the whole story.

simbob4000
04-06-2015, 11:40 AM
That leather daddy character in MK isn't gay?

Double 0
04-06-2015, 12:10 PM
That's awesome.

I did too, and it's not hard to interpret what Raiden and Kung were implying as "he's not straight". Whether he's gay or bi or pansexual is not said though.

Sardorim
04-06-2015, 12:11 PM
That's awesome.

It's a convo between Kung Jin and Raiden. Kung Jin hints he's gay and the Shaolin won't accept him for being like that but Raiden tells him the Shaolin would as they only care if his heart is good not what his heart desires.

It makes sense as he's very close to Takeda and while he grows close to Cassie he never hits on her or acts casually around her like he does with Takeda despite Takeda being straight.

We know Liu Kang flirted with Kitana and no one cared so men liking women isn't an issue with the Shaolin.

We also know the Shaolin aren't racist or sexist.

Agent Z
04-06-2015, 12:13 PM
It's a convo between Kung Jin and Raiden. Kung Jin hints he's gay and the Shalom won't accept him but Raiden tells him the Shaolin would as they only care if his great is good not what his heart desires.

We know Liu Kang flirted with Kitana and no one cared so men liking women isn't an issue with the Shaolin.

Actually in MK4 Lui Kang rejected Kitana's offer to join her in Edenia as her husband. So their might be some tabou amongst the Shoalin. Bare in mind that Lui is the only Shaolin monk to express romantic desires.

Gryphon
04-06-2015, 12:13 PM
Weird that Erron Black's name is spelled the way it is. Erron isn't a common spelling of Aaron...outside Judaism. Its not uncommon in Judaism, Sacha Baron Cohen's brother for instance

Gryphon
04-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Actually in MK4 Lui Kang rejected Kitana's offer to join her in Edenia as her husband. So their might be some tabou amongst the Shoalin. Bare in mind that Lui is the only Shaolin monk to express romantic desires.

Didn't he refuse because of his responsibilities as MK champion?

Double 0
04-06-2015, 12:38 PM

Yep, he outright stated that.

cc008
04-06-2015, 12:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCHmqJgs1ow

Couldn't have picked a better song.

Agent Z
04-06-2015, 12:43 PM

What's the name of the song please?

Gryphon
04-06-2015, 12:44 PM
What's the song's name?

chop suey by system of a down

Agent Z
04-06-2015, 12:50 PM

Just rewatched that ending on youtube and you're right. Tbh, I'm not sure about the practices of Shaolin in the MKU since they don't get much focus outside of Kang and Lao.

Of course, we see Kang denying his feelings for Kitana to Lao in both Shaolin Monks and MK9.

Agent Z
04-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Does anyone feel like Lui Kang's character taking on a darker role can be traced back to the first film? In that continuity, he was just out for revenge and had lot of doubt and guilt, whereas in the original game he was the only character who was fighting for solely altruistic reasons. Fast forward to MK Deception where his corpse is resurrected as an enforcer for the corrupted Raiden and is used as a weapon against his friends. His ending in MK 9 has him going mad with power and killing Raiden (interestingly enough Shang's ending has him as the new hope for Earth when Lui goes over the deep end).

simbob4000
04-06-2015, 03:30 PM
Does anyone feel like Lui Kang's character taking on a darker role can be traced back to the first film? In that continuity, he was just out for revenge and had lot of doubt and guilt, whereas in the original game he was the only character who was fighting for solely altruistic reasons. Fast forward to MK Deception where his corpse is resurrected as an enforcer for the corrupted Raiden and is used as a weapon against his friends. His ending in MK 9 has him going mad with power and killing Raiden (interestingly enough Shang's ending has him as the new hope for Earth when Lui goes over the deep end).

No I don't. I just get the feeling that Ed Boon doesn't like him.

The Chou Lives
04-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Yeah Liu was pretty much a Bruce Lee expy who is really one noted in saving day 1-4 then got darker died and in new time line got darker in tone.

Honestly still peeved Jade got the axe and apparently no Baraka but, but this game looks awesome. And yeah as of 9 Raidens stupidity makes me want to kill him, badly.

wjowski
04-06-2015, 04:23 PM

Oh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

simbob4000
04-06-2015, 07:12 PM
The movies theme song is so good that they've never used it in any of the video game stuff.

Sardorim
04-06-2015, 07:20 PM

All things considered he should have taken the offer due to DA happening many years later.

wjowski
04-06-2015, 09:43 PM
The movies theme song is so good that they've never used it in any of the video game stuff.

At least it doesn't reek of 2001-era nu metal.

simbob4000
04-07-2015, 08:55 AM
I'm just saying it's stupid they've never used that song. They took some stuff from the movie, but they didn't take the one thing people remember from it...even if they didn't see it.

Step
04-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Yeah, it's pretty much one of the most iconic fighting game themes, IDK why they don't use it more often.

I also don't like Chop Suey as it makes me flash back to my try-hard phase when I was younger .-. buttt, that's a reason completely seprate from the game and the song so lol.

cc008
04-07-2015, 08:24 PM
Oh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

I stand by my statement. :)

simbob4000
04-08-2015, 07:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g8eZaClSd0

Step
04-09-2015, 03:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g8eZaClSd0

Bah, removed :( Before I even got a chance to see it OTL

Sardorim
04-10-2015, 09:34 PM
There's a lot of vids up but it's crazy that some youtube channels that been up for a good while are trying this. It's like they think they're above the rules for this stuff.

simbob4000
04-11-2015, 11:18 AM
There's a lot of vids up but it's crazy that some youtube channels that been up for a good while are trying this. It's like they think they're above the rules for this stuff.

What rules? They aren't news sites signing NDAs, and sometimes you get stuff before the street date.

The Chou Lives
04-12-2015, 09:41 AM
Ending note: If "that" is what it took to deal with the bad guy, why not do that in first place? And it seems going Deception route with a twist. Still hate Raidens like the plague.

Sardorim
04-12-2015, 11:23 AM
I assume because they thought sealing was the only option as Shinnok is immortal. Johnny also barely beat him the first time around.

Next game seems to be setting up Onaga and possibly Blaze stuff to lead to MKA with Raiden flipping out as history always finds a way. So he's not gonna know how to save Earthrealm.

Shame Fujin, Li Mei, Frost, Reiko, and Rain weren't on the roster or dlc. Course we mat get another pack and with vets retiring in mkx I can see most of them getting in.

What rules? They aren't news sites signing NDAs, and sometimes you get stuff before the street date.

YouTube still enforces it as does twitch. It doesn't benefit them not to do it as NRS is understandably not happy about the leaks. It's only a matter if time til they issue out fines to the retailers that broke street date as well or even.outright banning smaller ones if they were a reoccurring issue.

Gryphon
04-13-2015, 01:20 PM
Midnight cant come soon enough.

Guest_1001
04-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Shame Fujin, Li Mei, Frost, Reiko, and Rain weren't on the roster or dlc. Course we mat get another pack and with vets retiring in mkx I can see most of them getting in.

Yeah, I expect to see many of them down the line. Fujin and Rain, definitely. Li Mei seems like a good chance too.

I have some thoughts on the story. It'll be very spoilery:

I preferred MK9's story but can't figure out why. I think overall, the stakes felt higher in MK9 -- Shao Kahn left Earthrealm in ruins, everyone died -- and more characters got their big moments. Raiden, Liu Kang, Sindel, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi ... all of them felt like bigger deals than any of the characters in MKX's story. I felt like Mileena was building to something but she didn't. I never felt like any of the new kids were that special either and Shinnok's plan seemed to be implemented awfully quick and solved equally as quickly. And Kotal Kahn didn't feel like a worthy successor to Shao Kahn, although at least he seemed smarter. Some of the new characters, especially Ferra/Torr, were REALLY undeveloped and uninteresting. Tanya and Rain just disappeared after a point.

Having said that, there were a few things I liked. D'Vorah was good. Sub-Zero was good. And the best thing about the whole story mode? SCORPION! He was the most interesting character they've ever had and I love him more as a human than I ever did as a revenant. He was just so fantastic. His "fuck Earthrealm, I just want Quan Chi" attitude was exactly what you want from a revenge storyline and Quan Chi's death was the one death that felt like a big deal.

I do have one thing to say though; I have NO idea why they bothered including Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana as playable characters in this. It's very, very weird. In the story mode, they only came back at the tail end of the second act. It feels like they could have been replaced by new characters and there would be no issue. Plus, it would make MK9's deaths a lot more meaningful. Now, I don't care about the deaths of Baraka, Mileena or Quan Chi because, while I'm sure they'll stick for those three characters (I think they can do without them. Their stories are done), I also know that Netherrealm can just bring them back if they want.

Gryphon
04-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Cassie cage, brawler variation = my main....love her

JCAll
04-14-2015, 01:12 AM
Next game seems to be setting up Onaga and possibly Blaze stuff to lead to MKA with Raiden flipping out as history always finds a way. So he's not gonna know how to save Earthrealm.

He hasn't been doing such a great job of it so far. I would trust the fate of the world to Mokap over Raiden.

Jeremi
04-14-2015, 04:58 AM
Yeah, I expect to see many of them down the line. Fujin and Rain, definitely. Li Mei seems like a good chance too.

I have some thoughts on the story. It'll be very spoilery:

I preferred MK9's story but can't figure out why. I think overall, the stakes felt higher in MK9 -- Shao Kahn left Earthrealm in ruins, everyone died -- and more characters got their big moments. Raiden, Liu Kang, Sindel, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi ... all of them felt like bigger deals than any of the characters in MKX's story. I felt like Mileena was building to something but she didn't. I never felt like any of the new kids were that special either and Shinnok's plan seemed to be implemented awfully quick and solved equally as quickly. And Kotal Kahn didn't feel like a worthy successor to Shao Kahn, although at least he seemed smarter. Some of the new characters, especially Ferra/Torr, were REALLY undeveloped and uninteresting. Tanya and Rain just disappeared after a point.

Having said that, there were a few things I liked. D'Vorah was good. Sub-Zero was good. And the best thing about the whole story mode? SCORPION! He was the most interesting character they've ever had and I love him more as a human than I ever did as a revenant. He was just so fantastic. His "fuck Earthrealm, I just want Quan Chi" attitude was exactly what you want from a revenge storyline and Quan Chi's death was the one death that felt like a big deal.

I do have one thing to say though; I have NO idea why they bothered including Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana as playable characters in this. It's very, very weird. In the story mode, they only came back at the tail end of the second act. It feels like they could have been replaced by new characters and there would be no issue. Plus, it would make MK9's deaths a lot more meaningful. Now, I don't care about the deaths of Baraka, Mileena or Quan Chi because, while I'm sure they'll stick for those three characters (I think they can do without them. Their stories are done), I also know that Netherrealm can just bring them back if they want.

While Mileena dying is a bit of a bummer, because she was one of my mains in MK9, but I'd have to agree with you.

Gryphon
04-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Okay some thoughts. I couldn't get the hang of kung jin. starting to learn kotal kahn. Liu Kang is OP, scorpion's combos are hard to pull off for some reason. Cassie is amazing, and D'vorah and Raiden are great for combos. Gonna learn Jax next

Step
04-15-2015, 12:22 AM
story spoilers/Arcade ending spoilers:

You know, considering the ending, I wouldn't mind if Raiden was the big bad in the next game, just take his/Kotal Khan's Arcade Ending that he was so obsessed with protecting Earthrealm that he went too far, attacked the others realms and Kotal Khan enacted Mortal Kombat and there we go.

I didn't like that Kitana, Lui Kang and Kuna Lao in this game were still revenants in the story despite them being human in the other modes but this gives me hope for maybe Sindel DLC in the future!

Also Milenna getting killed by this new character who wasn't even the person Milenna was fighting against =/ but I like D'vorah so I'll get over it.

simbob4000
04-15-2015, 04:31 AM
Do we really need spoilers on a Mortal Kombat story?

Captain M
04-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Kung Jin is confirmed to be gay! Awesome!!

Sardorim
04-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Do we really need spoilers on a Mortal Kombat story?

Not everyone has the game yet. So it's fair. Heck, I get nodded at gamefaqs for spoiling games that are over a decade old.

I personally feel there should be a clause within a year. If you're spoiled at that point than you're at fault.

Gryphon
04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
Btw about mileena

there is an out for her return...its implied there are more than one of her created by shang tsung

Gryphon
04-15-2015, 09:28 AM
Kung Jin is confirmed to be gay! Awesome!!

https://twitter.com/domcianciolo/status/588050845763301376

simbob4000
04-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Not everyone has the game yet. So it's fair. Heck, I get nodded at gamefaqs for spoiling games that are over a decade old.

I personally feel there should be a clause within a year. If you're spoiled at that point than you're at fault.

No, I'm mean, it's Mortal Kombat. What's to "spoil"?

It wouldn't really matter, but this sites spoiler tags suck so much I can't get them to go away while on the iPad.

JCAll
04-15-2015, 05:44 PM

It wouldn't really matter, but this sites spoiler tags suck so much I can't get them to go away while on the iPad.

Mortal Kombat has a very rich mythology that people have been following for decades.

cc008
04-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Mortal Kombat has a very rich mythology that people have been following for decades.

This. And a lot of people will be playing on 360 and ps3 and those versions don't come out until summer.

simbob4000
04-15-2015, 07:16 PM

I'm not sure if this is a joke.

cc008
04-15-2015, 07:32 PM
I not sure if this is a joke.

What about it makes it a joke?

simbob4000
04-15-2015, 07:53 PM
What about it makes it a joke?

The idea that the game has a very rich mythology. It's got a story, a story that's a complete convoluted mess. The story is also really really stupid. It was a fun stupid in the first two games, but the last four MK games (not counting this one, since I don't know it's story) have stories so dumb it makes you wonder what they were thinking.

The Chou Lives
04-15-2015, 09:45 PM
The idea that the game has a very rich mythology. It's got a story, a story that's a complete convoluted mess. The story is also really really stupid. It was a fun stupid in the first two games, but the last four MK games (not counting this one, since I don't know it's story) have stories so dumb it makes you wonder what they were thinking.

Well that is a bad tone in general for while the premise of MK does not take itself seriously at first it's plot in recent years is actually pretty damn series compared to other fighting game as of 9 and X death if via story mode seems permanent unless situation applies.

MK 1 was Enter The Dragon with mystic powers, 2 was same deal, different battle field. Three was Earth invaded, 4 a new non out world threat from a non mainstream game. Deadly Alliance was first step in shit getting really serious and Dark and kept til now.

X is that Raidens stopped Shao Khan, preventing visions of MKA. However all of Raidens mistakes in handling the matter are biting him in the ass as a result. Also new generation of fighters and CHARACTER development. Holy shit what they did to Scorpion in story mode.

MK is doing a damn good job because it is keeping the fun but now finding a good excuse for it. Unlike say Street Fighter which recycles its shit again and again for no good reason.

Sardorim
04-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Raiden hasn't stopped the return of Onaga or the coming of Blaze. Story and arcade endings hint to those events coming too.

Mortal Kombat has the best story and lore out if any fighting game in my opinion. Heck, 6 million+ viewed the Mortal Kombat 9 story on youtube. Mortal Kombat X also has a comic series too.

Step
04-16-2015, 12:51 AM

People really care about stories, even in fighting games. My friend won't even discuss Mortal Kombat X with me out of fear that I'll spoil him on the story, and he's one of those people that go to tournaments and plays competitively so I was surprised.

JCAll
04-16-2015, 02:58 AM

That you don't find Mortal Kombat's plot compelling doesn't discount my point. There are absolutely people that have been eagerly following Mortal Kombat's story since the early 90s.

Sardorim
04-16-2015, 03:03 AM
The mk story and characters are what kept the franchise going in the 3d era as the gameplay was... Yeah.

Anyway, Invasion Boss Mileena is pure evil.

Double 0
04-16-2015, 07:20 AM
The mk story and characters are what kept the franchise going in the 3d era as the gameplay was... Yeah.

Exactly. MK's gameplay only became tourney player worthy in MK9. It wasn't the main draw of the franchise; it was totally about aesthetic and the lore.

Not all fighting games are built around tournament players. And they honestly shouldn't be.

The_Greatest_Username
04-16-2015, 07:32 AM
I haven't beaten the story mode yet, but....

I'm HATING all of this Cage/Blade melodrama. I honestly wish they weren't in the game and we only had their daughter, Cassie. Does this mess get any better?

On a side note, the game play is a lot of fun.

Immortal Weapon
04-16-2015, 07:58 AM
Exactly. MK's gameplay only became tourney player worthy in MK9. It wasn't the main draw of the franchise; it was totally about aesthetic and the lore.

Not all fighting games are built around tournament players. And they honestly shouldn't be.

UMK3 had a long life as a tournament game.

Gryphon
04-16-2015, 08:01 AM
I wish Smoke was back...human smoke had so much untapped potential as a character

Immortal Weapon
04-16-2015, 08:14 AM
Unlike say Street Fighter which recycles its shit again and again for no good reason.

Street Fighter was never about telling a story as Capcom doesn't give a crap about it and the games are better for it.

Sardorim
04-16-2015, 09:05 AM
Eh, I don't like SF because its story is so bad. They've been rehashing the same plotlines since SF1 for the characters.

I haven't beaten the story mode yet, but....

I'm HATING all of this Cage/Blade melodrama. I honestly wish they weren't in the game and we only had their daughter, Cassie. Does this mess get any better?

On a side note, the game play is a lot of fun.

It does later on as Sonya regrets her decisions and they're a family again at the end.

I also suggest reading the ongoing MKX comic.

Can't wait for Frost to return as scheduled and how they'll get her to join the Lin Kuei in this timeline.

Sub-Zero even tells Sonya in an intro between them before fights that Frost is Lin Kuei when Sonya asks if there are any female Lin Kuei.

I wish Smoke was back...human smoke had so much untapped potential as a character

Always MK11 as he's free now... But all Enera nowadays.

The Chou Lives
04-16-2015, 09:59 AM
Raiden hasn't stopped the return of Onaga or the coming of Blaze. Story and arcade endings hint to those events coming too.

Raidens said in story mode his visions stopped. Visions of Shao Khan and MKA so future is undecided but Onaga and Blaze will show up again. Also Reiko with Havik are trying to cause something.

So the future? Who knows but as it is going it is promising.

Agent Z
04-16-2015, 10:04 AM

Especially with that enenra connection. Maybe the cult he was sacrificed for was had connections to Shinnok.

Immortal Weapon
04-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Eh, I don't like SF because its story is so bad. They've been rehashing the same plotlines since SF1 for the characters.

Your doing it wrong. SF is always about the game. It always relied on outside sources to make something out the excuse plot.

Back to MK, the online for this is horrible. It feels like I'm underwater half the time. It's a roll of the dice if I can execute any of my combos and setups.

The_Greatest_Username
04-16-2015, 10:22 AM
It does later on as Sonya regrets her decisions and they're a family again at the end.

Can't wait for Frost to return as scheduled and how they'll get her to join the Lin Kuei in this timeline.

Sub-Zero even tells Sonya in an intro between them before fights that Frost is Lin Kuei when Sonya asks if there are any female Lin Kuei.

Actually, they're quarrelling isn't what bugs me so much as the attention it received. I finished the story mode and I'm glad they shift the focus away from Johnny and Sonya a bit during the second half of the game.
Frost should be pretty cool if they add her as a playable character.

For MK11, I hope that Smoke and Jade come back.

Gryphon
04-16-2015, 10:54 AM

Always MK11 as he's free now... But all Enera nowadays.
But the enenra wasn't evil in MK9.. It killed the cult for what they did and lived as a human like he was before the sacrifice. Quan chi made him evil

Sardorim
04-16-2015, 12:30 PM
It's evil due to Quan Chi and even with no Quan Chi the corruption is too great.

Immortal Weapon
04-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Sub-Zero's unbreakable variation is useless. Ice aura and barrier ain't good enough to sustain a style of it's own. Those moves should have been added to the Grand Master variation as ice clone does a better job of providing a defensive style.

simbob4000
04-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Well that is a bad tone in general for while the premise of MK does not take itself seriously at first it's plot in recent years is actually pretty damn series compared to other fighting game as of 9 and X death if via story mode seems permanent unless situation applies.

MK 1 was Enter The Dragon with mystic powers, 2 was same deal, different battle field. Three was Earth invaded, 4 a new non out world threat from a non mainstream game. Deadly Alliance was first step in shit getting really serious and Dark and kept til now.

X is that Raidens stopped Shao Khan, preventing visions of MKA. However all of Raidens mistakes in handling the matter are biting him in the ass as a result. Also new generation of fighters and CHARACTER development. Holy shit what they did to Scorpion in story mode.

MK is doing a damn good job because it is keeping the fun but now finding a good excuse for it. Unlike say Street Fighter which recycles its shit again and again for no good reason.

Deadly Alliance was it's first big steps into truly becoming a convoluted mess. I'm not sure I would say it got dark and serious, the idea that it's serious is funny, but those games are when they went beyond stupid with the story. It's appreciated that MK tries to have some kind of story mode in the games, but please lets not pretend that they're stories are good, or even well told in any way. Although I'm not talking about the story mode of this game, since I haven't played it yet.

The Chou Lives
04-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Arcade endings, depends. Erron Black Jax and Sonya mesh well. Sub Zero was lame.

Cassie Cage is a big eff you to a certain guy in Deception which makes me laugh. Scorpion, Raidens and Kotal make sense.

Milenas was interesting. Liu Kangs makes sense in context and Kitanas just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Not commenting on rest.

JCAll
04-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Deadly Alliance was it's first big steps into truly becoming a convoluted mess. I'm not sure I would say it got dark and serious, the idea that it's serious is funny, but those games are when they went beyond stupid with the story. It's appreciated that MK tries to have some kind of story mode in the games, but please lets not pretend that they're stories are good, or even well told in any way. Although I'm not talking about the story mode of this game, since I haven't played it yet.

There was nothing really convoluted about DA. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung team up to assassinate Shaor Kahn and Liu Kang, and have to be stopped before they can steal countless souls to resurrect an ancient invincible army. There, one sentence.

Now, Deception and Armageddon get flack for their plot central original characters being shit, rightfully so because they absolutely were, but there was nothing wrong with the actual plots of either game. You want a Mortal Kombat game with a terrible plot, it's MKvsDCU.

The Chou Lives
04-16-2015, 05:50 PM
There was nothing really convoluted about DA. Quan Chi and Shang Tsung team up to assassinate Shaor Kahn and Liu Kang, and have to be stopped before they can steal countless souls to resurrect an ancient invincible army. There, one sentence.

Now, Deception and Armageddon get flack for their plot central original characters being shit, rightfully so because they absolutely were, but there was nothing wrong with the actual plots of either game. You want a Mortal Kombat game with a terrible plot, it's MKvsDCU.

Agreed, what made ps2 era MKA bad were most of the new guys and the "stars" of Deception and MKA were bland, bad.

Gryphon
04-16-2015, 05:58 PM
So some people are saying that Arcade MK 1-3 might be coming as DLC

simbob4000
04-16-2015, 06:22 PM
Agreed, what made ps2 era MKA bad were most of the new guys and the "stars" of Deception and MKA were bland, bad.

Also the gameplay was terrible.

Immortal Weapon
04-16-2015, 06:28 PM
So some people are saying that Arcade MK 1-3 might be coming as DLC

That were be pointless as MK Arcade Collection exists.

Those games were hated because the gameplay sucked. No amount of good story and characters will make up for a game being crap.

Gryphon
04-16-2015, 06:38 PM
That were be pointless as MK Arcade Collection exists.

Not on PS4 and Xbox One